Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a simple life; they live in peace (c)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

a simple life; they live in peace (c) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a simple life; they live in peace (c)   a simple life; they live in peace (c) - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Sep 2023 - 19:04

Perchstar allowed herself the briefest of moments to close her eyes, attempting to still her swimming head. Darkness briefly enveloped her. Then her eyes flew open again when she felt a physical touch. She did not flinch or react other than to open her eyes and glance down--and it was a good thing, because as the scent belatedly hit her nose, she realized that Cinderpaw was resting her head against her white chest fur. Something twisted in the leader's stomach. Guilt? Nostalgia? Something akin to a mix of both, as well as the fierce protective urge that had always lain dormant in her. The love of a mother that she'd never fully realized until she'd had kits of her own. Cinderpaw was not her daughter... but seeing the vulnerable way that the she-cat's ears pinned back made her want to wrap her tail around the apprentice in an embrace. She did not, if only because her head still throbbed too much for her to know if the impulse was a good idea. Still, Perchstar couldn't help the moment of deja vu. Fighting a goose alongside an apprentice on their first day out, and the apprentice initiating physical contact with the emotionally-closed-off leader. Except Poppyshine had been looking to comfort her. Cinderpaw was probably looking for comfort. It made Perchstar ache that she had so little to give.

Cinderpaw's quiet voice was half-muffled by Perchstar's thick ruff of fur. Then she pulled her head back and looked up. The leader gazed down at her, trying to keep any hint of her frustration with StarClan or the pangs of failure on her own behalf out of her ice-blue eyes. "It's nothing I can't handle," she said simply. "You'd be surprised at the number of geese I've had to fight. Besides... I can take far more hits than you. So if one of us has to, then it will be me." There was that word again. Deserve. "No one deserves to be left behind." A flash of golden eyes and soft voice intruded upon her thoughts for a moment before she blinked it away. She had, if nothing else, improved past her former self in that one way. She no longer deluded herself into believing that she deserved whatever punishment the stars chose to inflict. Unfortunately, it left her with a different problem... with an abundance of subdued, frustrated anger taking the place of former pathetic, depressed acceptance. "Whether one deserves it has little to do with whether it happens," she murmured. Those words were likely unhelpful. But perhaps it was a lesson better learned now than later. "I'm all right. I can continue my duties as a mentor, but..." Perchstar trailed off, noticing the way that Cinderpaw was shaking. Though the concern was for her, it was her job to be the bigger cat and do what would be best for both of them. And right now, Cinderpaw was likely in no state to learn. "But, perhaps you're right. We'll continue this lesson another day. Would you help me carry this goose?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 327

a simple life; they live in peace (c) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a simple life; they live in peace (c)   a simple life; they live in peace (c) - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2023 - 9:35

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Perchstar's sullen tone made her chest hurt. She felt guilty for a moment for what she said when her mentor told her that it would be her taking the hit. She felt horrible again then when Perchstar spoke of the hand fate dealt them. She wish it didn't have to be like that-- Perchstar deserved good things.

"Well, if they happen again..." The worry and quiver in her voice was mixed with an upturn of optimism. She didn't like to see her mentor downcast. So! She will be less... scared. It was hard to be, she had to flex her claws into the dirt to keep her trembling under control. She would pin it on adrenaline if asked. "If the horrible things happen again, I will try to make them go away for you so you can get the nice things you deserve to get."

Satisfied then with Perchstars decision, she pulled away from her position and tiptoed over to the goose. She watched the way the wind ruffled through its still feathers, and even though she could smell its unlife, she still worried as she closed her jaw around a thick piece of wing that it would suddenly rise again and peck.

"Lee duh whay," Lead the way. The feathers felt strange undertongue.

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down

a simple life; they live in peace (c)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2