Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Violetpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

Violetpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Violetpaw's Moonstone Journey   Violetpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 8 Jul 2023 - 8:53

"Violetpaw, it's time to wake up."

Smokepetal's voice called softly into the apprentice den. She waited outside, tail curled around her paws, a small bundle of tied green herbs on the ground before her. Before long, Violetpaw appeared, and Smokepetal nodded a greeting, nosing the herbs towards her. "I'm afraid these will taste rather bitter, but we they will give you the energy you need to make the journey. We can stop for a drink before we set out." She'd already eaten her own, but she'd long since gotten used to the taste.

. . .

By now, the path to the Moonstone was as familiar to her as SkyClan's own territory. Despite this, she was extra cautious after they'd drank their fill at the creek and then crossed into WindClan's territory. The tensions between WindClan and ShadowClan were still very high... and though technically they were well within the code to be here tonight, the thought of some young, gung-ho warrior mistaking them for invaders was well within reason.

"Quiet now," she murmured to Violetpaw. "We will move through WindClan's territory as quickly as we can... and hopefully remain unnoticed."

And they did make it through unchallenged, with Smokepetal visibly relaxing the moment they'd made it back into neutral territory... and now they were practically there, so the medicine cat slowed her pace, inclining her head towards the mouth of the cave that yawned above them. "We've made it, Violetpaw. Now, you'll follow me inside, it'll be dark, but I know the way l... so stick close! When we're inside properly, you'll see the Moonstone... and you'll lie down and touch your nose to it, then StarClan will speak to you." She guided Violetpaw towards the tunnel, pausing at the entrance to flare her nostrils and bring in any scents, but there were none. They were alone.

Smokepetal purred reassuringly at the apprentice and then dipped into the cavern, following the downward slope to the Moonstone.
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

Violetpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violetpaw's Moonstone Journey   Violetpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 10 Jul 2023 - 9:03

Violetpaw woke quickly at the medicine cat's call, blinking in the gloomy light of the den. She carefully wove her way through the other nests that littered the ground, whispering aa cheerful greeting to Smokepetal. Without hesitation, the apprentice swallowed down the herb bundle, actively trying not to show her disgust at the taste.

---

During the leg of their journey that passed Windclan, Violetpaw's ears were particularly pricked and and her eyes particularly alert. She knew the only thing that would put them in danger was an honest mistake from a loyal warrior, but that would be a hard conversation to have when there were claws involved. The climb up to Highstones wasn't nearly as bad as she had expected, and she stayed close to Smokepetal's tail the whole way.

The tunnel was dark and narrow and Violetpaw kept very close to the medicine cat, terrified of getting lost. When the cavern opened up however, there was nothing on Violetpaw's mind other than how beautiful the moonstone was. It bathed the dull stone walls surrounding her in silver moonlight, almost like the stars themselves had been trapped in this boulder before her. She froze for a second, wide blue eyes fixed on the sight in front of her. It was only after some gentle encouragement from Smokepetal that Violetpaw was able to return to herself and make her body move. She lay down on the cold stone and pressed her nose to the moonstone, falling asleep in seconds.

---

Around her, the hunting grounds of Starclan began to form, bright green trees full of leaves and soft ground underfoot. Violetpaw wasn't alone for long before another figure joined her, appearing seemingly from thin air. The she-cat was a soft cream that to darker, almost ginger points at her face, paws and tail. Few scars were visible on her pelt but enough to display her life as a warrior through painful moments, but even those were difficult to see under the scattering of stars across her fur. She approached the apprentice fairly slowly, taking a seat a fair distant away and waiting before saying anything. Worried that she would miss the she-cat's wise words, Violetpaw quickly paced forward and sat in front of her, the warrior's soft smile calming her nerves slightly.

"Welcome to the hunting grounds of Starclan Violetpaw. I'm Primroselight, a former warrior of Skyclan and your grandmother, but here I stand as a friend and nothing else. If you have any questions or worries, I will answer them to the best of my ability." Primroselight was eager to meet this kit Dawnfeather had taken in, knowing she would be filled with the same kind of love as her mother.

Prima? The revelation hit Violetpaw immediately after the warrior had said it. That explained why the warrior's gaze skimmed the top of the apprentice's head, not quite towards her own eyes. But it was Prima! Although Dawnfeather didn't know for yet if her mother was dead, at least this gave her some sort of closure. "Sometimes I get so scared about disappointing someone that I can't even do what I need to do. And then I actually succeed and do something right and then all I can think about is how I only did it 'cause they asked me to and that everything I am is just what everyone wants me to be." Violetpaw took a deep breath. She didn't know where all this was coming from, but knew she needed to get it out. "Take my training with Graywind, for example - she's so gentle and patient to me and yet whenever I miss a catch I can only think how long it will be until I do something bad enough to make her disappointed in me." She paused again. "Sorry, I don't know where that came from. How about I tell you about how good Dawnfeather's doing? And oh Beechfang came home as well!" Now all she wanted to do was distract from her outburst, change the direction of conversation into something that didn't make her feel as if she were constantly talking about herself.

Primroselight shook her head and softly cut off the apprentice's rambling. "Violetpaw, we are here to talk about you. Don't worry about sharing your troubles with others, please I beg you. All of these things you're internalising will only come back to bite you in the end, just like they did with me. Tell people things. Dawnfeather, Alderpaw, Graywind, they all care about you - you sharing your thoughts is not a burden to them, to help someone is part of loving them, and if I taught my own daughter anything it's that love is worth it, no matter the pain it causes." The warrior almost found it comical how similar and yet different she was to this young apprentice, despite having never met before. "Now about your initial concern - I think it would be best if you took some time to think about who you are without any other influence, maybe during your warrior vigil, where nothing can bother you and you can properly think. Hold your pride close to your heart, and that will give you the strength to be yourself. I know you can do it Violetpaw."

Their time was running out. All around the pair of cats, the forest had begun to fade away. "One last thing Violetpaw." Primroselight said. "Please tell Dawnfeather and Beechfang and all my family that I'm here, and that I'm sorry for leaving. And let them know Muddythorn is happy too, and hopefully won't join me for many moons."

"I will, I promise. Goodbye, thank you for everything."

Violetpaw nodded, affectionately brushing her pelt with her grandmother's as her pelt became more and more transparent. "Even if you don't believe in yourself dear, just know that we all believe you are capable of so... many... great... things." Primroselight's last words faded along with her form, leaving the apprentice alone in the darkness.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down

Violetpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1