Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]

Go down 
+3
Moth
cocoa
JJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] Empty
PostSubject: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 0:23

The sun was low in the sky, and the heat of the day was beginning to dissipate as Sunfire made his way into camp and towards the nursery. From his maw dangled both a mouse and a sparrow, freshly killed and still warm... perfect for a kit's first fresh-kill. Since the birth of Cypress, Plover, Sorrel, Bear, and Bubble, he'd been dutifully tending to his - and Juniperheart's - children... an attempt to lessen the load on his ailing mate's shoulders, with the hopes that she would recover soon.

A few small shapes at the entrance of the nursery drew him to a stop, and Sunfire stared down at the kits with soft, affectionate eyes. "Look, I've brought you all something. Come see!"
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 20:14

“Oh yeah, food!” Cypresskit cheered as if she hadn’t eaten in moons. The she-kit sprang away from where she’d been attempting to sneak up on a few of her siblings and bolted past them, nearly bumping roughly into her father. Oooh- “Didja catch that yourself? Can you teach me how to catch birds, too, and jump all high in the air like you do? Can I eat it? The queens haven’t let me have any, an’ they always catch me whenever I even look at the fresh-kill pile, but I’m plenty old enough. Can I get first bite if it is for me? I’m the hungriest, really Da, just fluff and bones!”

The flurry of questions over, Cypresskit flopped dramatically at her father’s paws, grinning up at him with a twinkle in her eye and letting her siblings ask whatever they wished to. She didn’t care, as long as she got the first word in- and it wasn’t like she was really expecting the prey to be for them. It was more than likely for the queens, as it always was.
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 20:41

Sorrelkit

skyclan
kit

The setting sun and cooler air filling the camp signaled the start to the day's end, when most kits began to retreat to the comfort of the nursery. A yawn escaped the young kit, fighting her approaching sleep. It was still light enough to play! She saw Cypresskit spring past, stirring her from her calm. 

Papa!

Sorrelkit removed the paw she had held over some ants near the nursery, letting them run free once more. Her little tail waved behind her as she jumped to her paws to greet Sunfire, a wide grin on her face.

“What have you got!” She shouted, stepping over Cypresskit to stand awkwardly at her father’s paws, staring up at him with round eyes. Her head snapped back down at her sister’s comment, sniping, “he said it’s for all of us, Cypress! I bet you can catch anything you want, papa— I bet you had to climb the tallest tree in the forest to get it and you weren’t even scared!” 

Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 20:56

Bubblekit knew Cypresskit was behind her. She was waiting, eyes alight, for the moment that her sister would try to surprise her--when she could turn around and surprise her instead! Finally she could get the better of her this time! However, all thought of yelling "boo!" fled when she looked up to see a golden-furred tom. She gasped. "Daddy!" The others must have seen him too, because a small legion of kits began to throng around Sunfire's paws. "Whoa! Daddydaddydaddy, did you catch those? Did you catch them yourself? Are we finally big enough to eat em now?" Her fluffy tail whipped around behind her in excitement as she looked up at him, her squeaky voice hopefully loud enough to be heard over her sisters' bickering. Bubblekit couldn't stop herself from bapping Cypresskit on the shoulder. "Hey, let him decide who gets the first bite! Besides, you haven't even been that good today. You were tryna scare me earlier anyway." But her mood was too good for her to be bothered squabbling for long, so she returned her shining green eyes to Sunfire, looking up at him in excitement. "You're the coolest warrior ever! I'm sure you could catch the sun if you wanted to!"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptySat 8 Jul 2023 - 13:26

Bearkit

Bearkit clambered to his paws as the familiar sound of his father's voice reached his ears. If there was one thing that would consistently get him up and moving around, it was Sunfire. The little Juniperheart copy hurried toward Sunfire, his blue eyes fixed on the prey he'd brought with him.

The brown and white kit always felt like a different cat when Sunfire was around and often wished they could spend more time together. He actually wanted to run around and play, heat be forgotten - maybe that was the effect parents had on their kits?

Whatever the case was, for once, Bearkit was actually pretty excited. He trotted up to Sunfire, tiny tail lashing with joy. He didn't get to spend a lot of time with his parents, so this really was a treat. "Hi dad!"

Bearkit weaved around Sunfire's legs, a purr rumbling in his throat. "Are those for us? " He eyed the prey, his mouth watering at the tantalizing smells. He glanced over at Cypresskit, a disapproving look on his face.

"You cant eat both of those hy yourself Cy." He nodded in agreement with Sorrelkit and Bubblekit, his paws kneading the earth happily. "His name is literally Sunfire, of course he can. He can do anything." bearkit looked up at Sunfire, his face full of admiration. His dad was the coolest - he was sure of it.

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1420

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptySun 9 Jul 2023 - 23:00

But look into the lake,
shimmering like smoke.

She slept deeply, curled up against her brother. Dreams of water and trees drifted through her mind, though soon interrupted by the awake world. She struggled to yield to her sisters' mews and running steps but Bearkit’s movement finally stirred her. The white kitten with soft grey points unfurled herself as they crowded the guest- whom she realized was none other than Sunfire. Quickly she joined her littermate’s side at their father’s paws. She nodded with each of their compliments before smiling warmly at the ginger tom. “Hi,” she purred, short but sweet, before leaning against his leg. Ploverkit was pleased to see her dad again, with or without his gift.

But of course, the gift could not be ignored, especially by the others. As usual, Cypresskit had said or done something to upset the others. Sometimes the bickering was light-hearted, and sometimes it was not. She did not like it when it was not. Ploverkit looked up to Sunfire, hoping he could settle them down fairly.

She/Her | Face-Claim | Voice-Claim | Kitten

based on a template by #kiikko

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Last edited by Lapis on Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 1:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 19:29

The first to greet him was Cypresskit, throwing herself at his paws and lamenting about the other queens in the nursery. Sunfire quirked a brow, looking down at her. "Ah, yes. Clearly, you are severely malnourished!" He dropped a paw on to her belly, tickling her as Sorrelkit pressed in next, nearly standing on top of her sister to greet him. Sunfire rasped his tongue across her ears affectionately as they bickered, his gaze traveling to Bubblekit as she trotted over and joined the squabble. Sunfire blinked amusedly, shaking his head before leaning in to touch her nose with his own. He couldn't remember ever having grievances wth his brother and sisters like this, but then again, that had been a long time ago, so perhaps they had. Time had a funny way of blocking out the unimportant things.  

Bearkit, his only son, was just behind Bubblekit, and as the little tom wound around his legs, Sunfire purred gently. Ploverkit was just behind her brother, and she too was subjected to a few affectionate rasps about her head as she leaned into his leg. They were all chattering, asking questions, throwing compliments... Sunfire took a breath, looking down at the five tiny kits at his paws and feeling suddenly like he would rather be nowhere else in the world. These were his children, lives that he and Juniperheart had created, and a line that traced back as far as SkyClan's living memory. One of these kits could be deputy one day, one could be leader. But right now they were small, impressionable kittens who thought he could wrangle the sun, and honestly, he dreaded the day that reality would catch up to them.

"Alright, alright," he said softly. "To answer your many, many questions... yes, I caught these myself, yes, I would love to teach you all exactly how to do it, and yes, these are for you." He fixed Cypress with a good natured stare. "All of you."

Moving to the side, he placed the sparrow on the ground for later, and brought the mouse to them. It was fat and healthy, but even so, just a mouse... it would be a mere appetizer when split between five kits. "There's enough here for you all to share... but - it won't fill you up, so savor it. You'll have to chew it, and chew it well, and slowly, or you will choke. I'm sure Smokepetal and Plumleaf don't want to see a choking kit in their den today, hmm?" He locked gazes with each of his children in turn, expressing the seriousness of his statement, and then put one paw on the mouse, leaned down, and best as he could, tore it into five equal-sized pieces.

Sunfire placed a chunk of mouse in front of each kit, swiping his tongue across his now-bloodied mouth. "While you're eating, I have something to do - so I will be back shortly." He picked up the sparrow by one wing, letting the other drag the ground. "I'm serious... eat slowly. I want all of you to have some left when I get back."

With that, he turned and left them to it. While they were distracted, the young warrior dragged the sparrow all around camp, making sure that the one wing was always touching the ground. He ignored the peculiar looks from a few other SkyClanners as he did this, finally finding a spot to hide the sparrow. He plucked a single feather from its body, and then returned to the nursery.

"The bird is for you, but, you've got to find it first. We're going to play a game... first one to find it gets first bite. Finish your mouse first, though, and have a quick rest if you need it." He knew that the small amount of fresh kill they'd had from the mouse wasn't going to be enough, and that they'd probably be eager to search for more, especially if it got them out of the nursery.

OOC: If you want your kits to hunt for the sparrow after they've eaten, have them search, and roll a hunting dice! The highest roll at the end finds the bird! If two of you tie for highest they will reach the sparrow at the same time! This is completely voluntary, no one has to do it if they don't want to or if it's not in their kit's personality. :) Don't write finding the sparrow into your post until everyone has rolled, then I'll do a post to answer the highest roller's.
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyWed 12 Jul 2023 - 17:38

Cypresskit squealed in delight, squirming away from her father’s paw. Wait- it was for them? Really? For reals? “Wait a moment, Da, don’t listen ta them! I didn’t say I wanted both ‘a them, I’m not that big yet! I just wanted- oooh! Mouse? Yeah, I’ll be real careful, just watch how careful I can be! Lookit!”

Sunfire divided the mouse into roughly-equal pieces, and so, obviously, it would be Cypresskit’s responsibility to divide them up. Of course. “Lookit, B’s the biggest so I think ‘e gets the biggest piece, right? We gots ta be fair about this. ‘Ere, I’ll take this un.”

Her coloured paw darted out to snatch a piece (not the biggest, of course, she wasn’t lying about Bearkit) and she swiftly sunk her jaws into it. Hmm. Very odd, but good. As long as she got the first bite, she didn’t really care who got the biggest piece- although, of course, she was always up for an argument. She raised her muzzle from the prey, licking blood from her fur. “Oooh… me likee!”

For a moment, she ate in peace, quickly finishing off her bit of mouse. Hmm. Not as filling as she’d like. Hmm. Suddenly, Sunfire returned, with news of- a game? “Oh! Oh! I play! I play! I’m real hungry still, promise! C’mon guys, beat ya to it!”

The she-kit scampered out into camp, wildly glancing about and pouncing on everything that moved. What did the sparrow look like again?
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15086

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyWed 12 Jul 2023 - 17:38

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] Mistpe10
heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyMon 24 Jul 2023 - 21:46

At the information that the prey was for all of them, Bubblekit let out a happy squeal, bright eyes looking up at her father. "Wow, so cool! Thanks, Daddy!" He split it up into equal pieces for them, because of course he did. He was so smart and awesome that he could think of anything. Even Cypresskit couldn't be unhappy with his fair decision. She nodded eagerly as he explained that they needed to eat slowly. She had trouble doing anything slowly, but for him, she would try. Of course, Cypress took it upon herself to divide the pieces of up. Since she gave Bearbear the biggest piece, Bubblekit rolled her eyes, but accepted it anyway. There was no point in squabbling when she was getting to try real prey for the first time! She could barely hold in her excitement as she bent down, taking a medium-sized mouthful--not too big, and not too small--for her first ever taste. It was so pungent at first that she second-guessed herself, but just a moment of chewing led to the richest flavor she'd ever tasted bursting across her tongue. So this was what apprentices and warriors got to eat all the time? She'd never drink milk again! She barely had the presence of mind to keep herself from wolfing the thing down in one bite. Instead, she savored its flavor, feeling herself let out a light purr as she did so. This was great. She'd always been happy, but this was the happiest she'd ever been.

Sooner than she would have liked, it was gone. But... for her first time eating prey, she'd been very satisfied. Still--she found herself wanting more. It had tasted so good, Bubblekit felt like she could have eaten it until she exploded. Boom! But before she could think anymore about bursting into a million million pieces, Sunfire came back into the room, telling them he'd thought of a game. "Ooh, a game?" Her mind was immediately taken off of its previous line of thought. She stood up from her reclining position, eyes shining. Hide and seek, trying to find the sparrow? Perfect! She had always been the greatest at hide and seek! Cypress darted off immediately, claiming that she'd beat the rest of them to it. Bubblekit allowed herself one moment to clean her whiskers before letting out a happy cry and scampering out of the nursery and into camp. Her eyes scanned the clearing, dashing around to different places, trying to check under every nook and cranny. She looked even in the hiding places she'd never used before. Where could it be?

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyMon 24 Jul 2023 - 21:46

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 20:30

Sorrelkit

skyclan
kit

Sorrelkit purred as her father drew a tongue over her ears, little else comparable to the joy she felt when he took time to visit. He was the sun in her eyes, shining a little brighter every time she saw him. 

The grey kit listened to each of her siblings questions and comments, observing Cypresskit closely as she took authority over the prey chunks, dividing them between them. She was making sure Bearkit did get the largest and that Cypresskit wouldn’t steal it for herself, though her stomach rumbled as it got further and further away from her. Once the largest piece had been given to him, she scanned over the other pieces quickly, trying to decipher the size order. She would not be accepting a small piece. I’m hungry! Though, as she watched, a pang of guilt caused her to consider her sisters. They would be fine! 

“Thank you papa!” Sorrelkit chirped. She leant forward and sunk her tiny fangs into the chunk of mouse she had been awarded, purring to herself at the taste. That was the taste of a mouse, of prey, “I like mouse! Do they all taste this good? If birds are as good I’ll catch a whole tree!”

She ate slowly as commanded, despite everything telling her to eat as quickly as possible. It was only when Sunfire returned did she eagerly finish the morsel she had been given, attentively listening to the rules of the game Sunfire had planned.

A hunt? 

How exciting! They were doing the closest thing they possibly could to real hunting, her paws twitching excitedly as she bounced around the clearing. She didn’t even do much as take a moment to clean her face of the mouse’s blood, eyes too busy darting around camp. If any of them had to find the sparrow, she’d rather it be her! 

Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 20:30

The member 'Moth' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]   heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family] Empty

Back to top Go down

heritage [open for Juni/Lichen kits and family]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: