Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Whistling up a tune [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

Whistling up a tune [c]  Empty
PostSubject: Whistling up a tune [c]    Whistling up a tune [c]  EmptyFri 30 Jun 2023 - 17:48

RainfrostSkyclan Camp

Rainfrost’s personally assigned mission to get to know each of his nieces and nephews continued when he had the time between patrols and his other warrior duties. He wondered if other cats had to map out how to get to know each other like he did, but he supposed it didn’t matter so long as he accomplished it.

It was Ploverkit he had the opportunity to speak to next. He caught a mossball that went astray as Ploverkit was playing, catching it before it rolled behind the warrior’s den he was walking out of. Gently tossing the ball back over to the kit, Rainfrost tipped his head in greeting. “Hello. My name is Rainfrost.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1433

PostSubject: Re: Whistling up a tune [c]    Whistling up a tune [c]  EmptyFri 30 Jun 2023 - 19:00

But look into the lake,
shimmering like smoke.

“Hoping for a day... Where it will start to rain...” The kitten quietly whispered melodies to herself while taking in the cool evening breeze. Recently the days were rising too hot for her fluff to bear. And although she appreciated the warm sun and the joy it brought her siblings, it was windy, dark blue days like this that made her purr. Ploverkit watched the clouds slowly cover the bright sky, setting its hue soft and cool. Beneath her paws were clumps of moss which she gnawed at in between humming tunes. “Hoping for a day... Where it will start to rain... The day might not come soon... So let's wait and sing a tune...” Eventually, she realized the bits of moss had formed a small ball. She then remembered what her sister once told her about playing mossball. So Ploverkit tried to practice, batting it toward the closest set of paws she saw.

A warrior received it, one with the same fluffy white fur and grey face as herself, but owning eyes like Cypresskit’s. She smiled, sensing this was family she’d yet to meet. “Rainfrost,” she echoed quietly while her eyes glimmered. “What a beautiful name.” It really was beautiful, especially since rain was one of her favorite words. “Hello Rainfrost,” she purred, savoring the name. “I’m Ploverkit, one of Juniperheart’s kittens.” Her tongue was half-tempted to ask the mystery tom if he knew her mother, but it didn’t really matter to her. She wanted to know about him. “Do you like the rain, Rainfrost?” she began curiously.

She/Her | Face-Claim | Voice-Claim | Kitten

based on a template by #kiikko

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Last edited by Lapis on Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 22:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Whistling up a tune [c]    Whistling up a tune [c]  EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 13:35

RainfrostSkyclan Camp

Rainfrost smiled a little in affection as Ploverkit talked, reminded a little of himself when he was a kit, polite and soft-spoken. He moved closer as she talked, settling down with his tail resting on his paws. The question surprised him a little, and he looked up at the sky, watching the storm-heavy clouds crawl gently across the horizon, threatening his namesake.

“Thank you, for the compliment. As for rain, I’m afraid I don’t like it very much, despite my name.” He admitted with a faint chuckle. The memory of how he was found, lost in such a storm, is so far away by now it doesn’t hurt anymore, but he still felt a tightness in his chest whenever rain soaked through his fur. He supposed some wounds never completely healed. “I’m sensitive to the cold,” He settles on the simpler explanation. He turns his face back from the clouds and to the kit in front of him. “But I do see why others like it. It can be peaceful, in the right circumstances. How about you? Do you like the rain?”

"Also," He added after a moments thought, addressing her earlier statement. "It's very nice to officially meet you, Ploverkit. Juniperheart is my little sister. I've been wanting to get to know all of you for a while now." He smiled softly. He tried to smile more around kits. He didn't want to make them nervous with his colder demeanor.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1433

PostSubject: Re: Whistling up a tune [c]    Whistling up a tune [c]  EmptyTue 1 Aug 2023 - 20:30

But look into the lake,
shimmering like smoke.

“Aw,” she chuckled with him sympathetically, “That’s too bad.” Ploverkit felt that maybe rain reminded him of something sad, just like how it reminded her of something nice. She tried to imagine rain as he experienced it. Cold, shivering, doused, drenched. A certain feeling of loss in your stomach, grieving for the sun. Suddenly she wasn’t so sure she wanted it to rain.

It turned out to be true, he was her family. What was the word her mother had said- Uncle? Uncle Rainfrost. Ploverkit smiled brightly, glad to be connected to the tom. “It’s very nice to meet you too. Oh- My sisters would love to talk to you, especially Bubblekit. She adores asking questions.” She thought about the bright, sunny way her sister would hop from question to question. It was dizzying, but always seemed to engage her littermates and make older cats laugh. Maybe (hopefully) Bubblekit would make Rainfrost laugh too.

Rainfrost said he wanted to get to know her. But the thing was, she didn’t know what she could tell. Ploverkit took a mental deep breath, falling back to the simple things she “knew” about herself. His earlier question was near perfect, a simple query about something she knew she already liked. Slight hesitancy pulled at her tongue, realizing her opinion would heavily differ from the tom’s. She would hate to cause discourse. Yet thankfully, it seemed he genuinely wished to hear a different perspective. She settled, and hoped that perhaps her feelings about rain could help him feel more positive about it.

Ploverkit’s gaze drifted up to the oncoming clouds again. Softly and slowly she said, “Yes, I do like rain, quite a lot. It’s like a special treat after days of sun and sweat and scorched paw pads. It cools me off, and then I feel fresher- like grass.” She closed her eyes and imagined the pitter-patter, echoing through her ears and bones. Water seeping into her fur and then washing out. “It also reminds me of nice things,” she said, thinking about the days she lived while it rained. The moments she shared with her family watching pools form. It was all very nice.

Oh. Swept out of her memories, Ploverkit realized she’d been kneading the moss ball Rainfrost had sent back to her. She kept at it, comforted by the feeling.

Her shining blue eyes fluttered opened and focused back on Rainfrost. She quietly purred. He reminded her of Bearkit with his polite, slightly icy demeanor. It made her feel cool like the wind. Ploverkit silently wondered what he did enjoy, if not rain. Maybe (hopefully) he would share more about himself if she offered another question as he did. “Uhm, what do you like to do, Rainfrost? Do you enjoy sunbathing like most cats?”

She/Her | Face-Claim | Voice-Claim | Kitten

based on a template by #kiikko

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Last edited by Lapis on Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 22:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Whistling up a tune [c]    Whistling up a tune [c]  EmptyMon 21 Aug 2023 - 19:08

RainfrostSkyclan Camp

Rainfrost settled down completely, laying down to be more on Ploverkit’s height, tucking his paws neatly under his chest and wrapping his fluffy tail around himself. He returned Ploverkit’s bright smile with a soft one and he nods, thinking fondly of Bubblekit and her bright demeanor. “We spoke the other day,” He commented softly. “She was quite curious.” He was patient as Ploverkit found her words.

Yellow and blue eyes softened further as Ploverkit talked about her enjoyment of rain, growing so happy she kneaded the moss ball beneath her little paws. He is reminded of a flower, growing taller the day after a heavy rain, as Ploverkit talked about how she felt rejuvenated after rain. He could certainly see the appeal when it was talked about so fondly. And he supposed there were times where he didn’t mind the rain, if he was tucked up in the warrior’s den beside Crookedlight, or somewhere else dry and it was just the sound. He liked the sound. “I’m glad you enjoy it so much,” He said genuinely, a soft, rumbling purr leaving him.

Ploverkit asked him a new question, and Rainpaw tilted his head in thought. “I do like sunbathing from time to time,” He said with a small nod. “I think my favorite thing to do is to go out on long walks in the territory. Sometimes through the trees, but mostly on the ground. It is quiet and peaceful. I do them alone somewhat frequently, but I also enjoy having company. It is good to get out of my head for a while, and to just enjoy nature. Skyclan territory is very beautiful, and I like appreciating it.” Rainfrost smiled a little again, and looked back at Ploverkit.

“How about you? I know you like rain, but what other sorts of things do you enjoy?” He asked, with another encouraging purr.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP