Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a thousand spotlights (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

a thousand spotlights (c) Empty
PostSubject: a thousand spotlights (c)   a thousand spotlights (c) EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 21:50

The light pattering of rain on willow leaves above offered an ambient backdrop just loud enough to mask Perchstar's footsteps as she padded through RiverClan territory. It was not, however, louder than her gently cycling thoughts. A recent patrol with Willowpaw had left her mind whirling as she attempted to separate her emotional and logical thoughts. It had become so much gradually more difficult over the past year--what with Poppyshine teaching her to allow her feelings out, her kits forcing her to admit pride and love, and the losses she'd experienced making her less hesitant to express affection and approval where necessary. These all seemed like good things. But they were making it harder and harder for her to sort out the logic she needed to be a good leader. For example... her opinions on the tom trotting so carefree next to her.

Sunpaw. Willowpaw had named him as a "friend," or at least as an acquaintance. The leader had yet to speak with him much. His mentor was Brookstone. He grew up alongside Rookpaw and Larkpaw. His parents, like theirs, were likely to never return from Twolegplace. That was practically all that she knew about him. Perchstar couldn't stop herself from allowing her ice-blue eyes to dart occasionally in his direction, calculating, sizing up the fluffy tabby tom. There seemed to be nothing amiss about him, from what she could tell. However, she caught herself thinking about him in ways different from her usual, analytical conclusions. She had yet to assess any hunting or fighting skills from him. So why was she judging the bright spark in his eyes as something that might get in the way in the heat of battle? She had no business making that conclusion. Her seemingly instinctive desire to make snap judgements about him was... odd, to say the least. She did not like how this mantle of "motherhood" was affecting her ability to properly analyze. So she decided to put the thoughts to bed for now.

"How is your training?" Perchstar asked, voice clear and calm, just loud enough to be heard over the gentle rainfall. Her pelt was barely dampened by the small drops, which rolled off of her water-repellent pelt almost like they would off of a bird's feathers. The question was innocent enough. She hoped. "I trust that Brookstone is teaching you well."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: a thousand spotlights (c)   a thousand spotlights (c) EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 22:12

SunpawRiverclan Territory

Sunpaw trotted beside Perchstar, looking around the territory. He still wasn’t used to it, that big wide world he dreamed of in the nursery being at his paws and directly in front of him. Even with the rain misting down, everything still felt new and exciting. Sunpaw was in a good mood today, thank the stars, none of the misery that so often kept him confined to his nest sticking to his pelt. Instead, he tilted his head up and smiled as a raindrop landed on his nose, resisting the urge to go running through the droplets. That wouldn’t do, not when he was right next to the leader of his clan.

He hadn’t spoken to Perchstar directly before, though of course he knew of her and had seen her plenty. Twistpool occasionally complained about her (okay, frequently complained about her) but Sunpaw took those complaints with a grain of salt. Twistpool complained about everything, including Sunpaw himself, to his face. Most of the time it was just kind of funny to listen to him grumble. Granted, his words about Perchstar were a lot more harsh than his nearly playful complaints about Sunpaw, but… still. Sunpaw saw no reason to dislike Perchstar. He was, however, a little intimidated by her.

He was a troublemaker. He didn't mean to be, but he was, and he knew that about himself. He was clumsy, took far too long to reach his apprenticeship due to his own stubbornness, and generally cats seemed to either like him or really dislike him. He didn’t want to do anything in front of his leader that could compromise his future as a warrior, or make her think he wasn’t a good apprentice. Maybe these anxieties were silly, but still.

Sunpaw glanced out of the corner of his eye at the much taller she-cat, thoughts whirling. She was Willowpaw’s mom, and boy could Sunpaw see the resemblance, even in how she carried herself. Willowpaw matched the expression perfectly whenever they talked. Not that a flat expression intimidated Sunpaw much, given the cats he generally kept company around. His best friend was Rookpaw, for goodness sake. That was another thing that was on Sunpaw’s mind. Perchstar was Rookpaw’s mentor. A good match, if you were to ask Sunpaw, which you shouldn’t since Sunpaw had next to know idea what he was talking about, but if you were to ask him that’s what he’d say.

And it was taking everything in Sunpaw not to ask about Rook. Because there weren’t many cats that were close to Rook, besides himself and Larkpaw, as far as he knew. And he and Rookpaw weren’t talking. Which hurt and made him feel sick to his stomach when he thought about it for too long and he missed his best friend so terribly it ached. And he wanted to know if they were okay! (And if they missed him too, and if they wanted to talk again, and, and, and…) But they certainly couldn’t ask Larkpaw about them, because if Rookpaw was mad at him right now, Larkpaw would probably just start biting him if he approached him right now. But Perchstar spent lots of time with Rookpaw! Except that it would be weird to ask about her apprentice, who’s supposed to be his best friend. Truly a conundrum.

It’s as Sunpaw is chewing on how to handle this conundrum while balancing his anxieties that Perchstar spoke. Sunpaw looked up at her quickly, shifting his focus to her words. “Oh, it’s great! Brookstone’s super nice and cool. I’ve been learning a lot!” Sunpaw said with an eager nod. “We’ve been doing a lot of fishing and general hunting and stuff, which I think I’ve been getting better at! And we’re doing sparring and stuff too, I’m not as good at that, but I’m learning. My favorite part has been learning how to swim though. I really love the river. I mean. I know we're Riverclan cats and all, so I guess that's kinda part of the whole Riverclan deal, but still!" He smiled brightly at his leader.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: a thousand spotlights (c)   a thousand spotlights (c) EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 12:49

Perchstar blinked once at the sudden outpour of words from Sunpaw. So--he was one of those apprentices, then. The energetic and optimistic kind she'd never been able to keep up with, that said anything and everything they wished. Or that was her first impression, anyway. But despite the tom's friendliness, he'd been walking very pensively just a moment ago. Perhaps something was on his mind. It wasn't so simple as just saying he was the warm and easily excitable type, and leaving it at that. Either way... at least he was kind. So it stood to reason he would be kind to Willowpaw, as well. That was good. Not that she didn't trust her own daughter could stand up for herself, of course. But it seemed she had picked her friends well enough.

I wonder, if Poppyshine and I had grown up together... if we had been the same age... perhaps I would have turned out a little bit different.

She tried not to let her whiskers twitch with amusement when he mentioned how much he liked the river, rambling on a little further than was probably necessary. "It's a good thing you like the river," Perchstar told him, a little dryly. "You'd be surprised. Despite having RiverClan blood, some don't take to it very easily. But you can never practice swimming too often. The more confident you are in the water, the easier it will be to fish, and the safer you will be when the river swells at the end of leaf-bare." Far too many RiverClan cats had lost their lives to the very thing that gave them their livelihood. Perchstar was doing her best to make sure that all the apprentices were being taught properly. "So your training is going well. That is good to hear. How about your relationships with... other apprentices? Friends, even?" Look at her, trying to be subtle about this. She could literally just ask him what he thought of Willowpaw and leave it at that. Why was she acting this way? Would he even notice? Well, hopefully it didn't matter. She knew that she was being ridiculous and that was that.

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: a thousand spotlights (c)   a thousand spotlights (c) EmptySat 15 Jul 2023 - 10:05

SunpawRiverclan Territory

Sunpaw bobbed his head in a nod along with Perchstar’s words about the river. He tried to imagine the river swelling, becoming even more powerful and intimidating than it was now, but it seemed impossible. Sunpaw became distracted by trying to visualize it for a moment before Perchstar’s question had his attention on her once more.

Other apprentices, friends… Sunpaw’s ear twitched, and his mind inevitably turned to Rookpaw. His heart did a painful squeeze in his chest. He wished he could still proclaim with confidence-- “My best friend is Rookpaw!” but… But could they be best friends if they weren’t even talking to each other? Sunpaw didn’t know. This was uncharted territory and he didn’t know how to navigate it.

Shaking his head to clear it, Sunpaw decided to give the easier answers. His leader didn’t need to hear about Sunpaw’s issues. “Good!” He finally said. “I’ve been becoming friends with Willowpaw lately actually, which is really nice.” He smiled up at Perchstar as he talked about Willowpaw, his eyes growing warm and affectionate thinking about Willowpaw’s understanding blue eyes and welcoming presence. “She’s really nice to me. And I talk some with Wrenpaw from time to time! And… um…” He gives a slightly nervous smile. “Well, I guess I’m not super good at making close friends, but I like everyone in my den! Everyone’s super cool and working really hard and it’s nice to see.” Sunpaw’s smile broadened, and then he looked down at his paws.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: a thousand spotlights (c)   a thousand spotlights (c) EmptyTue 25 Jul 2023 - 11:29

Perchstar waited patiently for the answer, light blue eyes studying the ruffled orange apprentice as he hesitated. It was odd--everything about him suggested that he was happy and carefree, but there was some kind of uncertainty lingering behind his gaze. Her question had been fairly simple. What room for worry was there? What was it about her query that made him so uncomfortable for a moment? Well, perhaps it was not her place to pry. She'd never really had any clue about how to be an apprentice herself. For all she new, it was some normal kind of friendship troubles. A leader ought to know her Clanmates well, but inserting herself into what she assumed was some kind of problem the tom was having seemed like overstepping.

Eventually Sunpaw spoke up, but his words belied whatever inner turmoil he'd swallowed back. Her initial line of questioning was certainly confirmed when Willowpaw was the first name out of his mouth. It seemed that they really were friends, then. That was good. He seemed nice enough, and there was a sparkle in his gaze as he spoke of her. Maybe too much of a sparkle. Exactly how much did he like her daughter? Oh, and Wrenpaw too, apparently. It seemed that her kits were good at making friends. She was glad that her social ineptitude at least had not been something that they inherited. It was foolish of her to worry about it, anyway.

That had been her only pretense for taking him out on this patrol. With her thoughts affirmed, Perchstar no longer had any clue how to carry on this conversation. She was still at a loss as to why she'd been so eager to find out about the connection between Willowpaw and Sunpaw, and why she was still so suspicious when she looked at the tom's every movement. But it seemed like something that she had no need of informing him about. "That's good to hear," she instead said, moving her eyes from the tom to walk ahead. "You certainly have a lot of friends, then, if everyone in the apprentice den is at least likable. There are many apprentices in RiverClan. I am glad to know that you will all grow up into strong warriors with even stronger bonds."

Making friends... was it really so easy for everyone else? Had it been, all this time? Had the problem always lain with her?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a thousand spotlights (c)   a thousand spotlights (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

a thousand spotlights (c)
Page 1 of 1