Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Watering the Garden [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 686

Watering the Garden [c] Empty
PostSubject: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 13:28

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw sat perfectly still outside of Thunderclan's camp, waiting patiently for his mentor, Acornstem to arrive. It was rather early in the morning so, as he understood it, she was probably busy sending out the dawn patrol as well as the first hunting patrol of the day. The red and white tom looked around as the sun began cresting the horizon, painting the forest in a beautiful golden glow.

He had to admit, it was nice sometimes to be able to sit out here with nothing but his own thoughts to keep him company. He didn't often get to spend time alone anymore. With Birdclan and all of his duties, it seemed as though he was always surrounded by his clanmates.

The apprentice closed his eyes, soaking up the gentle sounds of the forest. The birds singing in the early morning air, the leaves rustling gently among fresh gusts of wind. This was living. Not fighting for scraps like rogues or rolling over to accept a twoleg's touch like kittypets. Yes, this was how a real cat lived.

Not for themself, but for others.

Cedarpaw opened his eyes and stared down at his paws. Was that his purpose? He didn't often do things because he wanted to do them. Perhaps that was for the best. He should always put his clanmates wants and needs over his own and they would do they same in turn. At least, he hoped so.

It was selfish to want to be alone.

He didn't want to be like his father. Cedarpaw would never abandon Thunderclan or his friends. Sneaking off to be away from it all wasn't right. He had to pour everything he had into Thunderclan. He had to.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7377

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 15:26

Acornstem found herself awake earlier and earlier every sunrise it seemed...It was lucky for both her and ThunderClan that she was a morning cat and was ready to do whatever was needed of her the moment her eyes opened - even if the sun wasn't truly risen. She was brisk in sending out the patrols today thought for as important as her duties as deputy was, she was still a mentor and had promised to spend the morning with Cedarpaw.

It wasn't even going to be training - thought it could easily turn into such if that was Cedarpaw's desire. Nay, it was a simple promise to spend time together, to check in and see how he was adapting to being an apprentice, of where he thought his training was at and together decide what else was left to target. Plus...Acornstem had made it her goal to simply keep an eye on her Clanmates, for as important as Cedarpaw's training was and everything, she wanted to make sure the apprentice himself was fine. How was he dealing with everything recently? Things like that - small but important questions that were often left unasked in the business of the Clan's daily life.

As she pushed her way through the the camp's entrance, she spotted Cedarpaw waiting patiently a tail-length away. She smiled as she gave her pelt a shake. Alright, patrols are sorted for the day so I am ready!" she chirped as she motioned for the apprentice to follow - quickly taking the lead for their simple walk. "I have to ask, how have things been for you?" she questioned as she scanned the undergrowth, thought her ears were turned to show all of her true attention was toward Cedarpaw. She knew he was doing well in his training, but she hadn't been given the chance to ask how his relationships within the Clan actually were - she had seen him with the other apprentices and they seemed close but it were things she would rather hear from his own maw than relying on her assumptions.

Watering the Garden [c] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 15:50

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw started at the sound of Acornstem's voice right beside him. He'd been so caught up in his thoughts that she'd pretty much snuck up on him. Hah, some warrior he was turning out to be.

Though, there was little time to dwell on that as Acornstem had already moved on, leading them into the forest, off to do whatever Acornstem had planned for the day. As of late, Cedarpaw had found himself spending more time with his friends than his actual mentor, which was probably in part due to her new role as Thunderclan's deputy. Cedarpaw frowned. It must be difficult for her.

He padded a short distance behind Acornstem, his attention solely on her. He'd grown to admire his mentor a lot recently and If he was honest with himself, she was probably the first cat he'd go to if there was serious trouble.

Taking a moment to consider her question, the apprentice shrugged. "Everything's okay. My friend's and I have been getting along pretty well and I feel like my training has been going pretty smoothly."

Cedarpaw hesitated, then added. "It does feel kind of like I've fallen behind." He leaned his head to the side, not sure where he was going with this. "Maybe because Copperlark already got her warrior name and I haven't?"

The tom furrowed his brows, his ears flattened a bit. "Do you think I've been neglecting my training? I know it's important to get to know our clanmates, but maybe I've been spending too much time playing with the kits or with-" He trailed off. Non Birdclan cats weren't supposed to know about their secret club.

"With my friends." He finished lamely.

Cedarpaw quickly fell silent, feeling bad for spewing his worries out like last night's bad prey. He just felt comfortable around Acornstem, like he could vent his troubles to her. At times, it was what he imagined having a mother would be like.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptySun 25 Jun 2023 - 11:36

Acornstem's ears perked as Cedarpaw started to speak - mentioning that everything was okay, he had friends and he felt training was going great...Minus the fact that he couldn't help but feel he was slowing down with Copperlark having reached her name. Her paced slowed as he went on, turning to give the apprentice a gentle smile. "Well I am happy to hear that you good friends! And...I do understand your feeling - did you know that I fell behind in my training?" she meowed, whiskers twitching sadly at the memories. "Of course, my situation was far different than yours but I truly ended up neglecting my training for moons - trouble had struck the Clan and my mentor had gone missing. I held onto the vain hope he would return for moons before I realized how badly I had let ThunderClan down by doing only the bare minimum expected of me." She sighed, shaking her head.

"That is to say...No, I don't think you have been neglecting your training. Every apprentice grows at their own rate and its important to have a life outside of your duties - for as important as knowing how to feed and protect our Clans, its the bonds with our Clanmates that matter the most," she said, giving Cedarpaw a solid look. "If you truly feel like you have fallen behind and want to work towards your warrior name quicker, we can of course pick up the pace but I've allowed you to have so much free time because I felt you would prosper from it. Enjoy your apprenticeship - gaining your warrior name will only add responsibilities even if it does mean more freedom in certain respects."

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptySun 25 Jun 2023 - 16:45

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw looked at Acornstem, shocked to hear that she too had fallen behind in her training. He never would've guessed it, given her skill and general demeanor, but it was somewhat comforting to know that he wasnt the only one.

Honestly, he wasnt particularly far behind. He was a moon or so younger than his friends, so it made sense that they would become warriors before him. Listening to Acornstem's story was really puttingbthibgs into perspective for him. Things could be so much worse than they were now. He was happy and safe, what more could he ask for?

He nodded firmly as Acornstem finished, his spirit lifted. "Thank you so much." He smiled shyly up at the deputy, his tail vibrating happily.

"Starclan must have blessed me...I never thought I'd have such an amazing mo-" Cedarpaw froze for a moment, his paw hanging in mid-air as his brain caught up to what he had been about to say.

Even thinking of Acornstem as his mother was an insult to his real mom, who had died while giving birth to him. He hoped she wasnt watching them now - she would be horrified to see that he'd replaced her. At least, in his mind he had. Acornstem was just doing her duty as his mentor, she didn't need the added stress of this.

Clearing his throat, Cedarpaw recovered. It felt like ages, but he'd only fallen silent for a moment. "M-mentor. You're a great mentor, Acornstem." As if saying the word would seal it into his mind, he repeated it silently to himself

Mentor, mentor, mentor. She's my mentor.

Cringing slightly, Cedarpaw padded ahead a bit, his gaze fixed on a distant tree. "So..." He began, "How're you doing? I'm sure being the deputy of a whole clan is pretty stressful." He glanced back at her, then jerked his head forward, still embarrassed.

"I-I guess I just wanna make sure you're doing okay. Not that I think you aren't! I just care about you're wellbeing." Not to mention, he was insanely paranoid that if Acornstem overworked herself, she'd end up just like his mother. He didnt want to lose more cats.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 17:11

Acornstem tilted her head at Cedarpaw's hesitation - blissfully missing what word he had been aiming for before he quickly recovered and praised her as a great mentor. She smiled sweetly at that, a purr rising in her throat. "I'm happy you think so, Cedarpaw! I always thought I would but...Hard to know how things would actually work out until it happened," she meowed with a laugh.

Ever since she was a newly named warrior she had daydreamed about getting an apprentice of her own - she hadn't known what it was like to have a mentor and...Wanted to make up for Sunstrike's absence in her life. She missed him - she hoped he still lived or at least had made it to StarClan if something ill had befallen him but... She was determined to be there for her apprentice - for all apprentices of ThunderClan - in a way to...Make up for it, even if there was no reason for her to strive to do it. It had simply been bad luck that her mentor had disappeared from the forest...

Her ears twitched as Cedarpaw pushed ahead, asking how she was doing. She blinked, a little surprise at it before a happy purr escaped her - it was so sweet of Cedarpaw to worry about her like that! "You would think so, but I actually find it quite calming!" she admitted, giving a shrug of her shoulders as she padded up to him. "Its a bit much to figure out the patrols for every day, I'll admit but I..."

A happy sigh escaped her. "I love the smaller details of what is required - checking in on every cat. Making sure nobody's needs are going unaddressed. I'm a social cat, the sunbeam I am now under is welcoming! This is a chance to make sure I am more present in my Clanmates' lives and that none of them are forgotten. I didn't ever expect to be deputy, I didn't want it but...I think I am certainly made for a spot like this and I'm happy to aid Mottlestar in whatever way I can."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptyThu 13 Jul 2023 - 17:27

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw's fur flattened when he realized that Acornstem hadn't noticed his temporary lapse in judgement and awkward fumbling. He might have just curled up and passed away if she had noticed or, even worse, asked about it. However, seeing as she hadn't, he would just have to pretend. So he forced a purr into his throat and padded on, hanging on Acornstem's every word.

W-Well of course! Any of your...erm...future apprentices would be lucky." The thought of Acornstem replacing him with a new apprentice one he became a warrior was somewhat difficult for the red tom. He wouldn't see her anymore.

Oh, but that was such a selfish thought, wasn't it. The world didn't revolve around him and neither did his clanmates. His tail brushed the ground as they walked and Cedarpaw looked away, his eyes narrowed. Why couldn't things just stay the same forever. He had the most amazing friends and the best mentor he could ask for.

He nodded thoughtfully as she spoke, trying to imagine what it must be like for Acornstem. However, she didn't seem to be struggling at all. In fact...the way she talked about it, she seemed to really enjoy being Thunderclan's deputy. "I honestly figured it would be really stressful."

Cedarpaw glanced at Acornstem, a small smile on his face. "I guess it just takes a special kind of cat. And you're exactly the cat for the job." Was he sucking up too much? Maybe he should tone it back a bit - it wasn't like he really knew what he was talking about anyway. He was no deputy. He wasn't even a warrior yet.

It made sense for Acornstem to settle so well into her new role, though. She really was such a bright, social cat. He could only hope to live up to her legacy someday and be half the cat Acornstem was now. For a moment, he hesitated, then went on. "Do you think...do you think I'll be a good warrior, like you?"

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptySat 15 Jul 2023 - 20:10

Acornstem did however catch his hesitation as he wavered on the mention of her future apprentices. It wasn't hard to guess why he might feel conflicted on that - the relationship they had as mentor and apprentice was special.... But she wasn't sure if it was something she wanted to bring up now - he would only get bashful about it. Perhaps it would be a better conversation for when he was a warrior - to remind him that he would not be gone from her life simply because their relationship had changed.

She let out a small laugh as he instead pointed out how stressful he thought it would be. "Oh, I expect for many it would be! I imagine part of my ease is the circumstance -  ThunderClan is at peace and I fully trust Mottlestar to make good choices. If it was a time of turmoil and i was expected to make hard choices or had a leader I didn't trust..." Her smile faded a little, giving a shrug of her shoulders. "I don't know how well I will handle that part of being a deputy. A deputy in peacetime, I can do...But if trouble starts to brew..." A sigh escaped her. "Well, we will see what I am made out of when that happens."

It was, after all, not a question of 'if.' Trouble would hit the forest sooner or later - something would go wrong and ThunderClan would be dragged into it. The social, easy aspect of being a deputy was where she thrived - but making hard choices? Leading her Clan into battle? ...That would be a harder sell, but it was not something she could prepare for. She would just have to hope she would be good enough in such a time.

But her thought on such a dark subject caused her to blink as she turned to look at Cederpaw as he questioned if he would be a good warrior. She smiled, leaning forward to give him a proud lick. "Of course, Cedarpaw. You will be an amazing warrior - you have such a good heart with how much you care. I have no doubt you will give your all to protect ThunderClan and make sure our Clanmates thrive - and if you have any hesitation as a warrior, know that I will always be there for you. You won't be alone, I promise you that."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] EmptySat 22 Jul 2023 - 12:08

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw tipped his head to the side, realizing that what Acornstem made sense. With Thunderclan arguably being the luckiest clan right now, it wasn't hard to imagine that Mottlestar and Acornstem had an easier time of navigating the nuances of leadership. Windclan and Shadowclan were undoubtedly unable to say the same for themselves with their petty rivalry gone bad.

Regardless of what the other clans were going through, Cedarpaw knew that Thunderclan was better than that. His was a clan of honesty, bravery, and trust. Surely none of his clanmates would try to purposefully steer Thunderclan in the wrong direction. Especially not Acornstem. The apprentice scuffed his paw through the leaves and smiled softly."You'll do wonderfully, I'm sure of it."

Not that he ever expected trouble in Thunderclan, but still, Acornstem could be trusted. "I believe in you. When that racoon attacked us when I first became an apprentice, you handled it so well...I'm still in awe of how fast you acted." Cedarpaw laughed weakly, his tail twitching. "I only hope I'll one day be as brave as you."

Acornstem was the shining example of what a Thunderclan cat should be - in Cedarpaw's opinion at least. She cared about her clanmates, she didn't let a poor situation affect her mood...she was amazing. Even if something happened and their relationship with the other clans suffered, she would put Thunderclan first.

He stiffened as she went on, attempting to quell his fears. A purr rumbled in his chest and he accepted her affection, chest puffed out. "I- Thank you. I don't know what to say." He would certainly dry his best to prove Acornstem right.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watering the Garden [c]   Watering the Garden [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Watering the Garden [c]
Page 1 of 1