Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

For the dancing and the dreaming [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

For the dancing and the dreaming [c] Empty
PostSubject: For the dancing and the dreaming [c]   For the dancing and the dreaming [c] EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 17:20

StormdanceRiverclan Territory

Stormdance found himself pacing outside the warrior’s den. He’d been doing a lot of thinking as of late. There were things he wanted-- no, needed, to say, but he never seemed to find the courage to say them. There never seemed to be a good moment, tumultuous times always resurfacing before he could catch his breath enough to sort his thoughts into coherence. Peace never seemed to stay for long, and every new problem that arose brought a question to Stormdance’s mind: What if he never gets the chance?

He’d lost many cats over the years. Some had come back, like Rowansong and Perchstar, but some were lost to the stars, like Owlshriek, Twistpool, Sootspirit and Minksplash. Their deaths had come on sudden, with no chance to say goodbye. There were so many things left unsaid. Stormdance spent so much of his time worrying for the future, contemplating the ‘what ifs’, thinking of every possible way something could go wrong, that he so rarely acted.

His emotions were often such a storm inside him that he barely understood them, much less had the capability to verbalize them. Often, he became too afraid to try. Afraid of rejection, afraid of failure, afraid of loss. But those things were inevitable, weren’t they? Wasn’t it just as likely he’d experience something good, too?

The timing wasn’t perfect. There was tension brewing between all of the clans, Windclan’s increasing lack of respect for borders to worry about, and both Brookstone and Stormdance had been kept plenty busy with the increased patrols and their apprentices. But Stormdance was tired of waiting for perfect. After hours of speaking softly with his mother in the Elders den late into the night, Stormdance came to a decision.

He was aware of Brookstone as soon as she entered camp, slowing in his pacing. He always seemed to be aware of her presence, finding comfort in her closeness even when they didn’t exchange a word. Simultaneously, he felt a rush of fear, and a rush of something he rarely experienced; courage.

Shaking himself, Stormdance took a deep breath, and made his way to his best friend. Brushing shoulders with her in greeting, Stormdance spoke before he could lose his nerve. “Hey, Brook. I know it’s a bit late, but are you up for a walk? It won’t take long, I promise.” He knew they were both likely to be called away by their duties, so he would take advantage of any free time the two of them shared.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: For the dancing and the dreaming [c]   For the dancing and the dreaming [c] EmptyTue 6 Jun 2023 - 1:32

˗ˏˋ🪨´ˎ˗【Brookstone】˗ˏˋ🪨´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘
【Riverclan】♡【#E0BFB8】♡【T5 Warrior ║ 70[HP] | 160[SP]】

Brookstone had been thinking a lot as of lately. Brookstone and thinking? That was a mighty dangerous combination. Well, it wasn't like she had a choice. Riverclan had been in such a doozy these past few moons and being one of the clan's senior warriors, she was expected to juggle various duties on top of other things. Deaths, injuries, tensions, and personal feelings were keeping her mind constantly spinning. The clan seemed to be in constant turmoil and every day only tightened the neverending knot of frustrations. Honestly, the tabby she-cat felt worn. She wasn't even the deputy or the leader! She could only imagine what those two must be feeling every waking moment of each day. However, despite all this, she had to trudge on. Sure, she had her moments of breaking down—always in secret—but that never stopped her from getting up again the next day and resuming her duties with renewed vigor. She was Brookstone. She would never let herself give up! All those intrusive thoughts could go drown in the river for all she cared!

Padding into the camp after a rather long patrol, Brookstone was immediately met with a familiar, very welcomed figure brushing up against her. Her tense shoulders sagged and her face broke into a lazy grin. A slow, pleased purr began to reverberate within her chest as she returned the greeting with an added cheek nuzzle. Stormdance. Her best friend since apprenticehood; the tom who stood by her through thick and thin and continues to do so—the most important cat in her life. A simmering warmth spread throughout her in unfaltering waves. That was another thing. Something changed between them. She doesn't remember when it happened but it was clear that it happened. She would get all flustered and butterflies would disturb her belly every time she was close to him. It only got stronger as time went on. Sadly, they haven't had much time to spend together due to certain recent happenings. Perhaps today would be the day they could hang out, like old times. Good stars, she sure hoped so. She missed her furball.

"Storm," she greeted with clear fondness. She smooshed her cheek on his shoulder and rubbed playfully. "'Course I'm up for one, ya furball." She stepped back and in a soft voice admitted, "Late or not, we haven't hung out togethah for a while... I missed ya..." Her wistful look morphed into something a bit brighter. "I always have time for ya. You should know that by now." She tutted before shooting him a lopsided grin and bumping her shoulder with his. Never was there a time she didn't want to spend some time with Stormdance. It just wasn't her to turn him down. The day she does, the fish will sprout wings and fly.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: For the dancing and the dreaming [c]   For the dancing and the dreaming [c] EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 14:21

Brookstone greeted him immediately in return, and the warmth of her pressed against him, the sound of her purring, immediately made Stormdance feel warm and fuzzy all over. It was this heady mix of nerves and affection that Stormdance had never experienced with anyone else, and it made him feel a little like he was going to float away. Her reply to his words, the contact between them, just made the warmth intensify, and for a moment all his plans flew out the window in the force of the flustered, fluttery feelings that exploded in his chest. He had a near irresistible urge to bury his face in her fur and stay right there for the rest of time.

“I’ve missed you too,” Stormdance said, voice impossibly soft. He couldn’t quite resist the urge to lean over to press their foreheads together for a moment, his own purr rumbling out of his chest to match hers. He smiled at her as he pulled back, still purring as he gestured with his tail towards the camp entrance. He stuck close to her side as they walked out together. It was a little easier to breathe outside the camp walls. The proximity between them did nothing to cool his nerves, but at the same time, he felt drawn to her side.

He let easy silence settle between them as he took a moment to gather his words. Quiet never felt awkward with Brookstone. She often drew out a more playful and carefree side of him, but it was also as easy as breathing to simply be in Brookstone’s company. They didn’t need words. They could just be together. It was nice. It was good. Everything with Brookstone had always just felt so…right. It was always easier with her. Stormdance felt like he could take on anything, so long as they were together. They’d gotten through so much at each other’s sides. He really, truly, could not imagine his life without her. He was terrified of ruining that… but he had to trust that even if she didn’t feel the same way about him, they could move forward together anyway.

It wasn’t too long before the two of them were walking in sync beside the river. The view was scenic, the setting sun creating glittering gold atop the surface of the water. The air was warm and a breeze ruffled their fur. Stormdance turned his head to look at Brookstone again, watching the way the sun danced on her fur, and thought that she was far more beautiful than the scenic view. Soft blue eyes filled with warmth and love as he looked at her.

Stormdance took a deep breath and softly cleared his throat, feeling his fur heat with that fluttery feeling again. “So… Um. There’s actually something I wanted to talk about, while we’re out here.” His heartbeat was so loud in his ears, he felt like Brookstone must be able to hear it too. “Um. I-It’s important, but- but it’s not anything bad!” He hurried to clarify, and cursed the way he was starting to stutter. He hadn’t tripped over his words like this since he was an apprentice! Stars above, he was being ridiculous. “I-Is that okay?” He looked over at Brookstone again, trying to read her emotions, tail twitching with his nerves.  

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: For the dancing and the dreaming [c]   For the dancing and the dreaming [c] EmptySat 10 Jun 2023 - 0:27

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

A giddy feeling bounced around within her as they left the camp side by side. It felt just like the good ol' days; they hadn't been on a normal walk in a long while. It felt good. Despite how normal things appeared on the surface, she could tell that things were different. It wasn't a bad different—not uncomfortable or anything like that. It was like her recent feelings: different. She wanted to solve the puzzle. What had changed? She was at a loss and honestly, it was exasperating. Peeking at Stormdance, she couldn't discern anything noticeable. Hmm... she needed to dig deeper. For now, it was to be placed on the back burner. She wanted to savor this time with her most precious buddy. 

A content smile grew on her face. It was quiet and oh-so-comfortable. The lovely evening colors brought an unmatched serenity to the scene. She subconsciously moved closer and closer to the tom, eventually close enough for their shoulders to brush as they strolled. It sent a warm shiver through her; her face heated up but she still didn't move away. Truthfully, she didn't want to. Being this near him brought her the solace she had desperately needed. He was her other half and her closest confidant. They had shared so many moments together that it was only natural for her to always seek him out first. Whether it'd be her gaze automatically falling on his figure in a crowd or her paws directing her in his direction despite being nowhere near him, he was almost always on her mind first. She wouldn't have it any other way, though. Stealing another peek at the storm-colored warrior, her heart instantly fluttered. 'Oh, Stormdance. If you only knew what you do to me...'

The tabby molly's attention was back on her companion when he suddenly spoke up. She blinked. What did he want to talk about? Her curiosity was now buzzing. His next words made her brows lift. Something important? He's certainly got her full attention (not like he's ever not gotten it...). She shot him a reassuring smile. He seemed a tad nervous so she wanted to ease him. "Stormdance, it's okay," she chuckled while nudging his shoulder. "You said it yourself, it's nothin' bad. Go on, tell me. Ya know I won't judge. That ain't me." She shook her head and then stepped back so she could face him properly. Her face took on a more passive expression, however, her blue eyes still held a curious glint. If it was important, he deserved a more serious Brookstone.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: For the dancing and the dreaming [c]   For the dancing and the dreaming [c] EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 16:23

Stormdance laughed weakly as Brookstone nudged him, taking a deep breath. It was okay. This was Brookstone. They’d had each other through thick and thin. He could tell her anything. Even this. He repeated that to himself a few times, took a deep breath, and nodded. Okay. Here goes nothing…

“Brookstone,” He started. “You’ve been my best friend for a very long time. Ever since I met you, my life has been better with you in it. You make me so happy.” He smiled warmly. “You make me feel braver. When I’m with you I don’t feel scared. I feel like I could take on anything with you. You’re- you are brilliant. Bold, brave, funny and so unbelievably kind and good. I've always admired you. Your confidence, your strength, your compassion. I care about you so much and I’m so proud of you and you… Brook, you’re the most important person in my life.”

The dam opened, Stormdance just kept going, tumbling off the cliff he’d been dangling over for moons now and right into Brookstone. “I want to stay by your side forever. I want to keep going on walks together and hunting together. I want to keep sleeping by your side at night. I want to be there for you when you’re hurt and help you when you need support. And I know we do all of that already, and maybe some of this doesn’t need saying, because you already know, but I need to say it anyway.”

“I need you to know how important you are to me. How important this friendship is to me. How much I treasure it, treasure you. I don’t want any of that to change, which-- which is why I’ve been so scared to say this. Because I don’t want to lose you. But I also know…” He swallowed hard. “I also know that fate hasn’t always been kind to our clan, and I’m equally terrified of the idea that something might happen before I get the chance to say…” One last moment of hesitation, one last deep inhale, and then, finally,

“That I love you, Brookstone.” Blue eyes flickered to her face, then they squeezed shut as he said, “I’ve loved you for a long time. It took me a while to understand that it was romantic love because I’m not very good at these things,” He laughs weakly. “I’ve never had feelings like this before. No one else makes me feel the way you do. I’m a little dense sometimes, when it comes to these things. These feelings drive me crazy and make me happy and they're so new and hard to parse and good and-- and I know what this is now and I want to say it.”

“But nothing has to change if you don’t want it to.” He opens his eyes to look at her. “I’m happy being your friend. If that’s what you want, then we can stay just as we are. But.” He swallows. “But if you feel the same way, then I want to stay together in-in a romantic way. I’d like to be your mate. If you would like that too..?”

There. It was all in the open now. Stormdance’s paws were trembling and his face felt hot. His eyes were a little damp from the force of his emotion. He was ready to burst after baring his soul open like that, laying it all out and exposing his heart for her. But he trusted Brookstone, above all else, which made it all a little easier to say.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: For the dancing and the dreaming [c]   For the dancing and the dreaming [c] EmptyTue 20 Jun 2023 - 21:30

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

At first, the tabby's face remained passive, ears listening intensively to everything Stormdance had to say. However, hope, shock, glee, and a slew of other emotions became apparent on her face as he went on. Eyes misty and heart beating intensely, Brookstone let his confession wash over her, wrapping around her like a wonderful hug. "You’re- you are brilliant. Bold, brave, funny and so unbelievably kind and good. I've always admired you... ...I care about you so much and I’m so proud of you and you… Brook, you’re the most important person in my life." Every compliment made the skin under her fur burn; All the desperation dripping off his words made her want to spring forward and press against him to comfort. Oh, stars, all the pieces were finally coming together! Stupid, stupid Brook! She had been so blind! It had taken her this long to realize that she loved Stormdance. She loved him! She wanted to scream it aloud for all to hear; 'I love Stormdance and he loves me back!' She wanted to jump for joy and then just hold Stormy close. Stormy, her wonderful, selfless furball that she cared for with all her being.

She didn't realize she had begun faintly shaking, too engrossed feeling the moment. "I want to stay by your side forever." (That... That sounds lovely. I want to stay by yours too.) "I want to keep going on walks together and hunting together." (Please. Please, I want this too.) "I want to keep sleeping by your side at night." (You're so warm; You warm my heart...) "I want to be there for you when you’re hurt and help you when you need support." (I'll always be there for you too, you furball. We'll support each other; We'll care for each other.) "And I know we do all of that already, and maybe some of this doesn’t need saying, because you already know, but I need to say it anyway." (You're right, you didn't need to say it... But I wanted to hear it—no, loved to hear it. Your words, I'll hold them all close to my heart... forever and always.)

Her breath hitched. "That I love you, Brookstone." There it was. There were the words that shattered her. They shattered her but put her back together better than ever. She felt... new. She will always be Brookstone yet, there was a new piece of her that finally slotted into place. "I’ve loved you for a long time. It took me a while to understand that it was romantic love because I’m not very good at these things," (You stupid furball! Never even think bad things about yourself! You're much better than me at it for sure...) She didn't know whether to laugh or cry. They were birds of a feather, both oblivious to the other's feelings until someone got the courage to do something about it. "I’ve never had feelings like this before." (Me neither... but I like them...) "No one else makes me feel the way you do." (Stars, you're the only one for me. My best friend, my other half...)

"But nothing has to change if you don’t want it to." No! Brookstone wanted things to change! "I’d like to be your mate. If you would like that too..?" Yes! Yes to that! Please! She was now grinning brightly, tears falling down her face simultaneously—those little traitors... She suddenly let out a wet laugh, quickly moving forward to press her forehead against his. "Y-You furball! Of course, I'd want to be your mate! Nothin' else would make me happier. In fact, I'd be very sad and mad—at me not you—if it didn't happen..." She broke the contact for a moment to just press her nose to his, blue eyes staring lovingly into more blue. "I wouldn't be who I am today without ya, Stormy. You say I make you brave but to me, it's the other way 'round. You make me brave and you give me the strength to do what I love most: Take care of my clan and all my lovely little fishies," she purred fondly and nuzzled their noses. "You're the most dedicated, most compassionate, and most sincere cat I've ever had the pleasure of gettin' to know. I admire you and I'm so glad that I had been there to help ya when you asked for it that day as apprentices. If we hadn't met then, we probably wouldn't be here but I still like to think that we would've ended up here anyway. Brookstone isn't Brookstone without her Stormy; You complete me, my other half."

Brookstone finally stepped back, face full of adoration. Oh, Stormdance. "I love you, Stormdance. I will love you forever and always, my beloved furball... My mate..."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: For the dancing and the dreaming [c]   For the dancing and the dreaming [c] EmptyFri 23 Jun 2023 - 16:18

Stormdance let out a laugh when Brookstone responded enthusiastically, calling him that oh-so-familiar nickname. Who knew being called a furball could make him feel so incredibly loved? Brookstone said she wanted this, wanted him, and, oh, Stormdance could just float right off with how happy he was. But he didn’t, because Brookstone pressed her forehead to his, and he was anchored right to her. He was steady as long as she was with him. He laughed again, wetly this time, tears rapidly racing down his cheeks. Tears of joy, tears of relief, tears of love.

He pressed his nose back to her, resting his paws over hers and pressing as close as he could, smiling so hard his cheeks hurt and his heart just soaring as Brookstone spoke. More tears flowed over his cheeks and he nuzzled her nose back, before leaning forward and licking her cheek, her forehead, affection flowing out of him faster than he could take it as he laughed and smiled and cried.

“I love you too,” He said, voice choked and filled with joy. “I love you so much, Brookstone, and I always will. There’s no Storm without Brook either; and I’ll never leave your side. My lovely, beautiful, perfect mate,” He laughed and nuzzled into her cheek before pulling back to press their foreheads again once more. “I love you.”

It was there, with the sunset painting colors on their pelts, on the banks of the river that provided for their home and their clan, that Stormdance felt that everything was just right. He could live inside this moment forever.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the dancing and the dreaming [c]   For the dancing and the dreaming [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

For the dancing and the dreaming [c]
Page 1 of 1