Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Air Your Grievances [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

Air Your Grievances [C] Empty
PostSubject: Air Your Grievances [C]   Air Your Grievances [C] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 12:10

Pineblossom

Pineblossom’s anger had cooled in the days following the trial at the Gathering, but that did not mean that her disappointment or irritation had. Nightpaw’s actions during this whole fiasco, save for the proper way he upheld himself at the actual Gathering, had been kittish and embarrassing. He had acted like his namesake following the punishments that the clan laid out for him, and I did nothing in helping his case to be reinstated as leader.

Despite her irritation, she would not ignore him as she had with previous cats that had upset her. Despite this obscene behavior, she did still care deeply for Nightpaw, and her heart sympathized with how alone he must feel in all of this. She would not wave off the issues at paw, but she hoped that talking through it would help him get a clear mind.

She approached Nightpaw after he had finished one of his patrols. When she caught his attention, she meowed, “Come walk with me. It will not be long; I know you have worked hard today.”

Pineblossom led the way out of camp. She had no destination in mind, but she would not have this conversation in the middle of camp. They walked for a couple of minutes before she finally began to speak. “I know you are upset about everything that has happened. I thought it would be best to talk about things now that there have been a few days of space from everything that happened.” She kept her tone neutral. It would help no one to start out berating his actions again. The floor was also open: any issues he had, he could bring up.
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: Air Your Grievances [C]   Air Your Grievances [C] EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 19:41

He was patrolling until his paw pads were clogged with mud until all the water and moisture wrinkled his pads and made them raw, it was the best he could do to avoid the judging glare of his clanmates. He resolved himself in being the monster every cat saw him as, but as he waited and bided his time, he'd keep his head down, content to stomp on every emotion that could become a problem into taking up the mantle once more. Pineblossom approaching him... what? Did she want to pry and get more ammunition to use against him next time she didn't like what he did? He followed her silently, unsure if he was even in a position to reject her request despite his discomfort and distrust.

How did she go from a cat he so easily confided in? A cat he loved and trust, to a cat that maybe he still loved but a traitor to him. Did he not care for her enough? Did she just use him? Was she spying on him and he was none the wiser? When he was clearly too stupid to realize that he was being played and used the whole time? His nose wrinkled as she stated that she just wanted to talk, and his heart ached desperately below the anger and the rage that was consuming him. He wasn't loved, she didn't care. She was just lying to him- he couldn't fall for her deceit or she'd just use him.

He smoothed out the wrinkles forming on his muzzle, as he tried desperately to pull the water back into his puddle even as it continued to ooze away. "I am upset. But why bother talking about it?" Nightpaw meowed flippantly. "Lets just do something productive and hunt for the clan. That's a better use of everyone's time." Nightpaw continued, raising his nose to the air to try to sniff anything out, yearning for a distraction big enough for Pineblossom to focus her energy on some other cat that was worth it.

Air Your Grievances [C] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Air Your Grievances [C]   Air Your Grievances [C] EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 19:54

Pineblossom

Pineblossom looked to Nightpaw and waited for his response. She had expected immediate anger, but not a flippant dismissal. She frowned and moved her paw on his to hold him in place before he could use the excuse of hunting to move away from the conversation. “No. I think hunting can wait for now. I want to talk to you.”

She tilted her head. “I knew that you must be upset with me. Holding your feelings inside and letting them fester will only make things worse later on. So please, tell me: why are you upset? What is on your mind?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: Air Your Grievances [C]   Air Your Grievances [C] EmptySat 17 Jun 2023 - 14:03

"I wasn't letting them fester, I was talking to you, but your lack of support as my whole clan showed just how little I meant to them doesn't make you entitled to how I feel anymore. Don't worry, I won't succumb to my emotions anymore, as doing so is a lapse of judgment." Nightpaw huffed, pulling his paw away from Pineblossom's and putting distance between them. He wanted comfort, and he desperately wanted a friend, but maybe Pineblossom was right as were a few clanmates when they said that it was his emotions that caused problems. It was his fault because he felt things, so he could surely solve the problem this way. If he was honest about how he felt about to Pineblossom, she'd just use it against him, he was sure.

He was Shadowclans leader, but he was still young, he still had feelings to feel but he felt punished for them if they were not useful or pleasant. Authority in his youth suffocated him and any friend he made died or disappeared before he could really reach out, now he was left as an authority figure with no training in the role, gone in blind with no cat - Pineblossom - to help him learn how to do things right. He made the wrong choice the night he got his ceremony, desperately craving one last choice before it impacted the clan - but look at where that got him. It was his fault he let his emotions get the better of him, but if he stomped it down, suffocated them, then he could fix this.

Air Your Grievances [C] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Air Your Grievances [C]   Air Your Grievances [C] EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 9:28

Pineblossom

Pineblossom’s ear flicked with annoyance at Nightpaw’s frankly childish answer. She held her tongue, counting a few seconds so she did not reply with that annoyance lacing her words. She tucked her paw at her side as she sat there and kept her eyes firmly on him.

“Night,” she began. There was no suffix to indicate seniority or authority or his punishment; just her speaking to a friend. “What you are doing now is ignoring your feelings. It may be that you don’t want to talk about them with me, but I know that you hate talking about them with anyone and I have been someone that you could. I do not feel entitled to your feelings. But I care about you, and I am worried…I know that you are upset for how everyone reacted, and for what I said. But we were upset too. You broke our trust, and while I know you did not mean for your actions to put ShadowClan in any danger, they did. And it may feel unfair to be judged differently because you are leader, but that is unfortunately the reality. Leaders are judged unfairly. They are held to a higher standard. That is because of how you need to handle yourself publicly. If you lash out as you did in the den, you will be seen as childish and unfit to lead. That is not how you will earn back trust to become leader again.”

Pineblossom sighed and looked down at her paws. “I am not good at explaining myself. You know this. I have always been bad at speaking. So if I have been unclear, or if I sound like I don’t care about you or your feelings, I apologize. I don’t mean it that way. I was angry and phrased things in a particularly mean way before. It isn’t fair that you should be expected to say things perfectly correct when I cannot do the same with you. But it is the reality for leaders, and that is not something I can change.”

She looked at him again. She was not sure how to exactly define her relationship with Night. ‘Friend’ was not quite correct, though she did think of him as one. She respected him and looked up to him as a senior warrior and her leader, but she also thought of them as equals. She did not want to lose whatever relationship they had built up together, but Pineblossom felt like she was. “Right now you are not a leader, but you are still my friend. I want to help you. I can’t help you if I don’t know what you need.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699