Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

disconnected [o]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6059

disconnected [o] Empty
PostSubject: disconnected [o]   disconnected [o] EmptyMon 22 May 2023 - 1:29

Nightdancer had finished her patrols for the day, had caught an adequate amount of prey, and kept her Clanmates safe. Now she retired to a sunlit corner of ThunderClan's camp, quietly observing her surroundings- gauging which cats she might want to approach first, in her effort to reconnect with the cats around her. She'd let herself retreat into solitude for too long, when all she knew now was names and faces.

She had, in her grief and in her desire to avoid being hurt again, allowed herself to become far too distant. It wasn't a mistake she would make again.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

disconnected [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected [o]   disconnected [o] EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 6:31

thrushnose

With his recent identity as a new warrior of ThunderClan, Thrushnose was more eager to socialize and widen his connections—including clanmates he had rarely spoken to before or only had small talk with during patrols and such. He had simply been lying near the fresh-kill pile when a familiar, dark-pelted figure had caught his attention, seemingly in solitude. He would've likely left her alone if not for his urge of curiosity that got the best of him. Silently padding towards Nightdancer, he made sure to grab a mouse before sitting himself down beside the she-cat.

"Hey, is it alright if I join you?" He asked gently, hoping his voice would at least be somewhat calming to her. "I got you something if you want it. It's not much, but... It should do." He smiled, allowing the silence to waver in the air just slightly as he waited for her reply. "Would you like to talk? Something seems to be on your mind."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

disconnected [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected [o]   disconnected [o] EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 9:20

Nightdancer recognized the cat who approached her as Thrushnose- one of the newer additions to the warrior's den. And other than that, she found she knew nothing about him. Well, it seemed so far that he was kind enough, bringing prey before asking to join her.

"You're welcome to," she said simply, shifting slightly to the side to make space in the sunlight. "Just... Thinking."

She would have left it at that, normally, but hadn't she just been telling herself she needed to open up more?

"Feeling older than I should, I suppose," she sighed. "Realizing that I don't know any of the cats around me nearly as well as I should. Grieving the passage of time and the things it steals away. You don't need to hear about any of that, do you? I don't know that I have any talent left for stringing words together, in the first place- I used to think so."

It wasn't that she didn't still consider herself poetic; but the thoughts didn't translate as easily to her tongue as they once did.

Sunstrike follows Nightdancer follows Dayquill- poetry in motion. Day after night after day.

"I wanted to get to know the rest of you better. I should have gone ahead and done it, instead of whatever it is I'm doing now."

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

disconnected [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected [o]   disconnected [o] EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 18:41

thrushnose

Thrushnose listened to her story intently, feeling almost sentimental as she spoke. Well... he hadn't been around for as long as Nightdancer has, yet still, it caused a reminder of both the past and the present to occur in his mind. The memories that he currently had, he'd keep and hold onto them for nostalgia; and for the ones yet to be created, he would try and make use of the most opportunities possible to create them. He waited until she had finished talking to speak up, an understanding smile slowly spreading across his maw.

"I know it's not really in my place to give advice, since I'm a lot younger than you, but... I think perhaps you'd benefit more from living in the present. It's easy to get caught up in the past now and then, especially when you've gone through a lot, but don't let yourself drown in those memories. Just like us, the clan is always growing. The forest won't wait for us to realize and stop changing." He paused, smiling sadly at the remembrance of some of the past events he'd already gone through. Though brief, they have made an impact on him, each and every one of them.

"Sorry if I'm ranting too much. I'd just like to share my thoughts on it." Thrushnose chuckled, gently nudging the mouse closer to her paws. "I think it's not too late for you to do so now. You can still share tongues with others, familiar and unfamiliar. Kind of like what we're doing now. But if getting to know us better is what you want, you can take it slow. There's no need to rush."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

disconnected [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected [o]   disconnected [o] EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 12:51

"You're not that much younger than me," Nightdancer huffed. She wasn't old, she just felt like it sometimes- two dead parents, six dead siblings, and a lost love would do that to anyone, she was sure. "And you shouldn't disqualify your own advice! It makes you seem unsure of yourself," she added, frowning at him. "It reflects poorly on you. Besides, I'm not drowning- not anymore, at least."

In fact, lately she'd felt younger than ever- she'd found her steps and her voice again, it was just finding where she fit in the Clan she'd emotionally drifted from that challenged her.

"I'm just... Trying to find my place, again. I haven't known where it was in a very long time."

One, two, three identical sisters; her place was at their side, part of a set that hadn't existed in seasons now. Like if there was suddenly no newleaf, no leaf-fall, and the rest of the world was expected to carry on as though nothing had changed at all.

Nightdancer fixed the younger warrior with a solemn expression.

"I pray that you never find yourself the sole survivor of anything," she told him. "What about you? Have you found your place yet? Do you know what you'd do if it disappeared without warning?"

It was a heavy question, not the one she'd meant to ask. But the words came on their own, and she let them.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

disconnected [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected [o]   disconnected [o] EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 19:35

thrushnose

Thrushnose found himself to be letting out a small purr of amusement, tail flicking behind as Nightdancer encouraged him to be more certain with his advice. Well—that was true, but still. He wouldn't want to have accidentally offended her without the intention of doing so. That would've been awkward. "You're right. I'll try to do that more often." The tom nodded, chuckling quietly. "I'm glad to hear you're in a better place now. We're both clanmates, but Thunderclan will always welcome us. Welcome you, whether you're certain you've found your place here or not."

His words were genuine as can be. If they had not so much of a difference in moons as he had thought, he'd like to get to know the she-cat more; not just as a clanmate or acquaintance, but as friends. He wouldn't force it on her, of course, but he felt as if they could both benefit from seeing things through different perspectives. "My place?" He questioned, half to himself, half back to her. "That's kind of a hard question, huh?" He smiled, allowing a moment of silence to wash over them as he gathered his thoughts.

"I suppose I've found my place. In fact, it's been given to me the moment Mottlestar allowed me to pick out my name. I have the name of a great cat to live up to, and I hope I'll be able to help out Thunderclan as much as she did." He recalled the memory in his mind, feeling his smile soften before speaking up again. "I'd probably be quite panicked. Lost, and fearful too, maybe. But eventually, I believe the stars will guide things into place again." His voice was now a bit more serious as he spoke, but still with that same hint of optimism. "Of course, Starclan won't be there to guide us all the time. My place probably won't be as it was before, but... I can create a new one. And with time, I'd get more used to it."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

disconnected [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected [o]   disconnected [o] EmptyFri 30 Jun 2023 - 22:55

"Good," Nightdancer nodded decisively as Thrushnose spoke. "It's a hard question, yes, but important to answer. Because before anything else, you have to know who you are. That's where I let myself get lost- I was tied up in being something else, and when I couldn't be that thing anymore, I didn't know what to do."

Her tail twitched. "When I was younger than you, I had a pretty big family- and two almost identical sisters. One of them used to be Fawnshine's apprentice, Eggdrop; the other was Milkpaw. We all got mistaken for one another a lot." It was a testament to the passage of time that she could speak so candidly of something that, just seasons before, had left her stricken with grief. "I'm the only one left of us, now. Milkpaw died, Eggdrop disappeared... It's strange, don't you think, to miss when other cats didn't know who I was? But at least I did, at the time. And then the rest of them died, too."

She took a deep breath.

"My mistake was letting myself believe I was alone. There's always someone who will understand you, even if you might only find them in unexpected places."

The stinging loss of Roseburn wasn't necessarily fresh, but it wasn't quite as settled.

"ThunderClan is home. It always has been, even if I let myself forget. But... It's good to remember, and to connect with others. Even when it isn't easy."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

disconnected [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected [o]   disconnected [o] Empty

Back to top Go down

disconnected [o]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp-