Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

grow me a garden of roses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 317

grow me a garden of roses Empty
PostSubject: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 23:38

❀ grow me a garden of roses / ❀ paint me the colors of sky and rain / ❀ teach me to speak with their voices / ❀ show me the way and i'll try again ❀
open for whisperear/xaandiir, batsong/speedy + brackenwing/kjsage if you like!
❀❀❀
Rosepaw found Whisperear sunning themself outside the elder's den, and luckily, they didn't look asleep. "Hi Whisperear," she greeted softly, just in case they were actually asleep. Their eyes were closed.

"Look at what Batsong and I found!" she explained, excited when they roused to greet her too. She and Batsong had just come into camp and came over together, laying the large leaves with their precious finds at their paws. There were the poppy seeds and marigold Batsong had collected and the cobwebs that had Rosepaw hopping on three paws. Then, best of all, was the living flowers that the friends had carefully uprooted. "They don't look like much now, but if you plant the flowers here, we think they might grow! Like a flower field, right here..." She hoped that Whisperear would like it. "I didn't know if you had a favourite flower... I just got the flower I was named for. We can add more kinds!" There were the poppies and marigolds too, all together like a sunset beside the wild dog-roses. She turned to Batsong, "Can you teach us how to look after the plants?" As a kit, she had heard the tale of the hunt for a new herb that had brought medicine-cats and warriors from everywhere together. It was still one of her favourite stories ever! If she remembered right, those flowers had been planted on all the territories and grew there now. These flowers would grow, too! Right here, to brighten up camp every day for her friend... "How was your day?" she asked, interested, a warm gleam in her one golden eye and a bright smile.
❀❀❀

Last edited by isla on Tue 30 May 2023 - 19:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2967

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptyWed 24 May 2023 - 13:11

Whisperear

Whisperear roused when Rosepaw entered the den. They smiled at their friends and looked to the gifts that they had brought back. Their eyes widened at the flowers that she set down and they leaned forward to smell them. They haven’t smelled fresh flowers in so long, and it brings a new smile to their face. These are beautiful, Rosepaw, thank you. I think a small rose garden in camp would be lovely.

They settled and looked back at Rosepaw. My day has been good. Same as every other day, which they supposed was not bad. It would be nice to have a small garden to tend to in camp, to at least give them something more to do. Mostly spending my time napping or thinking up stories.
WindClan • Elder • They/Them • 55 | 50 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptyTue 30 May 2023 - 19:17

❀ ❀ ❀
Rosepaw beamed like sunshine. "I'm glad!" she chirped. She was happy Whisperear liked the idea and that it was a good day. "Where shall we plant them?" she wondered. "I hope you don't mind digging a few little holes!" WindClan were born tunnellers, so the garden would turn out well! Rosepaw hoped she could see the tunnels open again one day. This day, however, was only just starting. "Batsong woke me up so early-" she broke into a yawn, with a cheeky grin at her other friend, "-so I wouldn't mind a nap either." Now that she thought about it, she blinked slowly, she was sleepy. By the time the flowers were planted, she wouldn't mind lying down in the sun with Whisperear. "What stories were you thinking of?" Rosepaw was sure the kits loved her friend's stories. Even if it was kittenish, she still loved stories too, especially happy ones. So, she asked, "Tell me something good?"
❀ ❀ ❀
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptyWed 7 Jun 2023 - 14:04

Whisperear

Whisperear smiled as they listened to Rosepaw. They replied, I don’t mind digging holes. A little bit of exercise like that would do me some good, I bet. Whisperear stretched and pushed up to their paws so they could begin working together. As for stories, they meowed, Mostly things about my dreams…The only exciting things that ever happened to me were when I was an apprentice. So I’m afraid I won’t have a lot of fun things to tell kits like an elder should. I thought that making up stories would be the better way to go…Endless fields, or pools of stars, or skies glittering with every color in the rainbow.

Once upon a time, Whisperear and Lavenderdrop had spoken about traveling through the tunnels and finding glimpses of other territories to know what was out there…Whisperear would never be able to do that now. Stories of imaginary lands was all they could get.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptySun 11 Jun 2023 - 20:12

❀❀❀
Whisperear's smile warmed Rosepaw to her core. Perhaps this was the perfect place between relaxation and activity for her friend? She quietly settled beside them to make a place for the flowers, careful to first follow Batsong's lead who knew the most about herbs and plants. "I think the holes need to be just deep enough for the roots... then, maybe it'd help to get the flowers some water to drink." There was always a stream very close to camp for elders, kits, and patients able to leave their nest to easily go to drink from. It would not be a good campsite without it.

"Mm, the only exciting things were as an apprentice for me too," Rosepaw agreed, "and none of it was fun." She grimaced. It must have been difficult in the Forest when the stars went out, for Whisperpaw and Batsong. She pressed a little closer. They all were together again now.

Her ears pricked with interest and she turned to look at Whisperear with a light shining in her single golden eye. "Dreams would make wonderful stories!" she agreed, "Because anything can happen in a dream..."

"I never saw all of the Garden where I found the cats who knew the way home," she recalled, "so the fields really felt endless. It was like if the flower field grew all over the Forest, between every tree from here to SkyClan. Even into the two-leg's place, making them all move away, until the dens crumbled and flowers grew over them and we used them for our ownNot only for WindClan's own, but shared with all the Clans until there were no borders. Only every cat together in endless fields of peaceNot only StarClan is like that, Whisperear," There was, strangely even to Rosepaw herself, an awe and a longing in her voice as she remembered her temporary home. "It was a real place on the earth. The Forest could be like that one day..." It could grow into a place so beautiful, Rosepaw was sure of it. She hoped she could live to see it.

"I'd love to see an endless pool of stars," she thought dreamily. "Though, I would be frightened to dive in and swim among them," she added. She was glad WindClan touching the endless sky was her home, and not any watery depths. "It would be terrifying, but beautiful."

"Like the middle of a town- the two-leg's places. I hope I never find myself there again. There were no stars in the sky back then... but in their very tall homes, taller than the tallest tree, was a view of the lights. There were so many, like they pulled all the stars out of the sky and trapped them all on the ground." Her eyes narrowed in suspicion that it was indeed where the disappeared stars had gone. Had the humans given the stars back to the wild like they had finally freed Rosepaw? Had they found some other way to light their homes? Despite everything, the humans had healed her, and she had a secret soft spot and hoped so.

Rosepaw smiled at the next image Whisperear's words formed in her mind. "I love rainbows as much as I love flowers!" she purred, which meant, a lot. "I imagine a night sky and a snowy land like we had when we were kits, and above, greens and violets rippling across the world. Oh, but in the day too, I hope I see a rainbow over the whole sky. I've never seen one so big... it would be beautiful!" Rosepaw's words flowed like the persistent wind over the moors. She was enjoying the bonding so much, she was talking her friends' ears off!
❀❀❀
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 15:18

Whisperear

Whisperear smiled and let Rosepaw talk without interruption. It was nice and they had always been more of a listener, to everyone. It was far easier to listen to cats talk than to speak on their own, and their damaged throat only made talking for long periods more difficult.

I’m glad you are back, but it sounds like you had an exciting time on your adventure, they chuckled. You will have to tell me about the cats that you met…I’ve met a few cats in different clans, but never any outside of the clans itself. There were some cats I wish you could have met while you were gone. Lavenderdrop immediately came to mind…Whisperear wondered again what happened to him, and if he was happy, wherever he disappeared to.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 20:41

❀❀❀
Whisperear's quiet smile encouraged Rosepaw as she rambled happily. She laughed along with them. "I didn't get to enjoy it as much because I longed to be home on the moor with you and Batsong and WindClan ~ but I suppose you're right... it was exciting!" She grinned.

"I'd love for you to see all of these places, too," she admitted. "The idea to plant flowers is from the Distant Garden. It's the centre of all life there," she explained. 

"Well, I was also thinking of the journey to find the coneflower, my favourite kit tale. We saw the patrol return with the herb, and now it grows in every part of the Forest, can you believe it?" Rosepaw really did love flowers...

"Medicine-cats are a little bit like the Garden-dwellers," Rosepaw mused. "Peaceful, intelligent, kind. But many things are done there: sparringhunting, running, swimming, stalking in the night, climbing up the stone structures and flying through the trees, weaving through the tight spaces... like all the Forest Clans put together! There are as many dwelling in the Garden as at a Clan Gathering, maybe more... and in the Season of Blazing Sun, which it almost is now, there are all kinds of games for a whole day and a night!"

"I only played the games where we ran," Rosepaw admitted, "the other things are scary!"

She was wistful as she reminisced about those strange lands. "One day I'll show you all the places I've been," she promised. "I hope we all live long lives, but one far-away day we will run in the skies. We can travel as shooting stars!"

"The Garden-dwellers are guided to travel far by their ancestors," she explained. "One day I'd like to guide lost souls, Drifters, like I was." The idea of joining the Stars was cheerful, but... "I can look forward to something and hope it's a long time away, right?" She smiled.

"I said goodbye to my birth family when they crossed the sky as stars to try again to fight away the monsters... Everyone must have said some goodbyes while I was gone," she acknowledged, sadness creeping into her voice, though it was more so for Whisperear. She pressed close and comforting against her friend's side. "Who do you wish I could have met? Would you like to tell me about them?"
❀❀❀
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptySat 17 Jun 2023 - 10:33

Whisperear

Whisperear listened to Rosepaw as she told stories of her time outside of WindClan. They smiled and pressed against her, even more so when she pressed back for comfort. Whisperear understood the sadness that colored her voice. There were many cats that they never got to give a proper goodbye to, and they had thought Rosepaw was one of them. Yet…here she was. It wasn’t the time for goodbyes after all.

They looked back at her. There were many…one in particular I wish you had met was Lavenderdrop. I became good friends with him after you had disappeared…I felt aimless because of the Dark Forest’s invasion, and without you around, I didn’t have any friends, really. I met him at the perfect time. He gave me the dream of being a Tunneler, even if that didn’t pan out. He made me wish I could see more of the territories…I never did get to go exploring, but I’m grateful that I met him anyway...He disappeared one day, without a trace. I’m not sure why. He was just one of many. I always hoped that he would return, like I hoped you would return…And now you have. So maybe, one day, he will too.

Whisperear never really tried to put words to it, but there was a time, after Lavenderdrop had left and Whisperear felt even more achingly lonely…that perhaps they loved him. They knew Lavenderdrop had loved another cat, and it was likely he never would have thought the same of Whisperear…and perhaps it was just that loneliness and longing that made Whisperear think of their own feelings that way. They also thought they loved Rosepaw, and combed through their memories of her when she was missing. And now here they were, an elder with Brackenwing at their side and Rosepaw returned…Whisperear felt like they never had made sense of their own life, and that just felt more strongly now.

There was another Rose after you, Whisperear murmured suddenly. She was born a little while after you had disappeared. She was nothing like you. She was rude and loud and impulsive and got into major trouble…I kept waiting for her to act like you, but she never did. And then she disappeared too.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses EmptyThu 22 Jun 2023 - 0:58

❀❀❀
It brought a smile to curl her mouth gently, at Whisperear's smile. They listened patiently and attentively, a generous listener.

Her heart broke a little at their understanding look. "I'm so sorry, Whisperear." As someone who had also loved, and lost, and carried on alone, it was a sincere feeling that shone in her single eye.

The two childhood friends were snuggled side by side as they dug together in the earth. Rosepaw patted the soil down where she had settled a flower in the new garden, before shuffling her dirt-clad paws to Whisperear's. She tucked her large tufted ears under their chin as she settled her head beneath theirs. "I'm sure I'd have loved to meet Lavenderdrop. His name is my favourite flower.

She nodded, not enough to dislodge where their chin rested, "Maybe he will return one day too. Keep an eye out for him," she smiled, "or maybe, an ear?" When the two of them were kits, when they spoke for the first time, Whisperkit had told Rosekit they could hear faint voices in the wind.

"The tunnels really exist?" The kit tale, like the speaking wind, had always interested her. Her small fangs showed in a grin as she glanced up at Whisperear, "Sometimes, the best stories are true ones."

"Whisperear is the perfect name for you," she mused. Their sudden story surprised her, "Another Rose?" She thought of the flowers, "Well, all roses might be named the same, but some have thorns," she chuckled. Her golden eye twinkled, "Oh, and Bracken- is a lovely name too... The spirals of her pelt are just like furls of bracken, and her bright green eyes are like new growth." She was beautiful, Bracken- umm... who Whisperear seemed to like very much.

Rosepaw knew with a renewed pang of sadness in her chest that they had loved Lavenderdrop, deeply, too. As Whisperear's friend, Rosepaw had always loved them as well, though she was not their love. "I'm glad you have each other," she purred. She was happy they were happy. Innocently, with a playful mew she asked, "What's your girlfriend's warrior name?"
❀❀❀
❤
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grow me a garden of roses   grow me a garden of roses Empty

Back to top Go down

grow me a garden of roses
Page 1 of 1