Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

tubthumping [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2484

tubthumping [C] Empty
PostSubject: tubthumping [C]   tubthumping [C] EmptySun 30 Apr 2023 - 15:27

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowansong

Toadlegs was good company, and Rowansong had decided he liked him rather quickly. He wasn’t sure who all in RiverClan he’d call a friend that wasn’t related to him in some manner, so he was happy to let Toadlegs take up the space that had been empty for some time now. They walked together now, Rowansong padding just a few steps ahead as they patrolled. Somehow, the pair of them had gone quiet for several steps; several steps too long. Rowansong had grown bored.

The scent of prey on the air made his nose twitch, and an idea came to him. Straightening slightly, he looked back at Toadlegs and mewed, “What say you to a bit of sport?” It was a question, but the way Rowansong decidedly turned away and trotted further ahead gave little room to answer properly. He didn’t bother to explain, only trotted along until the damp grass heightened and he ducked into the patch of brush. There was a mouse around here somewhere. It didn't take much searching before his nose led him closer to the sound of shuffling, and he caught sight of the rodent poking between stalks. He only allowed a second to collect his muscles before striking forward, claws catching against its neck. It squealed, but died quickly. Grabbing it gingerly between his teeth, Rowansong retreated from the grass and returned to his companion, where he carefully set down the mouse.

"We have little better to trouble ourselves with at the moment, so humor me. There is no reward for this sport, aside keeping RiverClan fed... but it will be engaging regardless, yes? The traditional contest of simply seeing who might catch more prey." Rowansong's head angled to the side, and finally, he was standing still long enough to allow Toadlegs a chance to actually address the offer.

Rowansong attempted to catch a mouse... Catch successful! -3 SP.

I need the sound of crowds, or I can't fall asleep at night.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Sun 30 Apr 2023 - 15:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15032

tubthumping [C] Empty
PostSubject: tubthumping [C]   tubthumping [C] EmptySun 30 Apr 2023 - 15:27

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

tubthumping [C] Mistpe10
tubthumping [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

tubthumping [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: tubthumping [C]   tubthumping [C] EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 9:49

Rowansong liked Toadlegs, and he was absolutely over the moon about it. While the tom tried his best to be as friendly as he could, making friends didn’t come very easily to him— he was clumsy, and a coward, and not everyone found the fact that he could swallow fish whole charming. He had never had a best friend, unless you counted Rookpaw, but best friends weren’t supposed to despise you, so they didn’t count. He didn’t have any family to fall back on either, no littermates to spend time with; Toadlegs was a lot more lonely than he liked to let on. 

But Rowansong came back from wherever he had been taken to, and said he was funny, and ever since Toadlegs hadn’t left the ruddy tom’s side. Sure, Rowansong smelled kind of funny now, and he spoke in weird ways, but Toadlegs was weird too, so they fit perfectly together. Two perfect outsiders.

”A sport? You mean like a game?” Toadlegs questioned, watching Rowansong pad along in front of him. He was a much better hunter than Toadlegs could ever be, that was evident— he effortlessly caught a mouse and placed it at Toadlegs feet. ”A hunting game? I mean, sure, Rowansong, but I’m not that great of a hunter— I mean! I’m a great hunter! The best! You probably should give up now, I think, since I’ll win!” Toadlegs started to sweat. Hopefully Rowansong will take the bluff, so Toadlegs doesn’t have to expose himself as a terrible hunter right in front of his newly-acquired best friend.

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2484

tubthumping [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: tubthumping [C]   tubthumping [C] EmptyThu 4 May 2023 - 9:39

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowansong

Rowansong’s head tilted farther to the right, green eyes wide and blinking coyly at Toadlegs. He looked almost sweet, almost innocent, if it weren’t for the pointy smirk that suddenly covered his muzzle. Toadlegs never failed to amuse him. He feared he would come off as leering, or simply bothersome, but the scrawnier tom hadn’t expressed a real problem with him yet. And since there had been no issue, Rowansong ventured further into his need to be an annoyance. Toadlegs suffering his mischief kept his spirits up.

“Of course you are a great hunter, Toadlegs. I would not challenge you if I did not think it would be a fair competition, would I? Now is the perfect occasion to prove it. Do not tempt your luck, though.” Rowansong snickered, fluffy tail thwacking lightly against Toadlegs’ chest as he turned back around. The boasting, the suggestion of losing, would have earned bristling if Toadlegs’ charade wasn’t transparent. He was hardly as confident as he liked to act- but they had that in common, anyway.

Glancing over his shoulder, Rowansong purred, “Pride goeth before the fall, dear companion,” before venturing away again. He stalked through the shorter grass, moving quietly towards the swatch of silver trees in the distance. He hadn’t caught anything to track yet, but as he moved closer to the Beech Copse’s shadow, he spotted a robin pecking at the earth. He moved closer, ears forward and whiskers twitching, but the rustle and snap of grass underpaw sent it fluttering away before he could pounce. Rowansong watched it go, tail swishing before he once again returned to Toadlegs’ side.

“As I have demonstrated nicely,” he chimed as he returned, not without a bit of grudge about the missed catch. “That should serve as encouragement. If I missed my catch, there is no harm in you trying.” Rowansong took his eyes off the horizon to look at Toadlegs, green eyes bright and strikingly intent. “It will be fun! And I will like to see how you do."

Rowansong is attempting to catch a bird... catch unsuccessful. -3 SP.

I need the sound of crowds, or I can't fall asleep at night.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Thu 4 May 2023 - 9:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

tubthumping [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: tubthumping [C]   tubthumping [C] EmptyThu 4 May 2023 - 9:39

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

tubthumping [C] Mistpe10
tubthumping [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

tubthumping [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: tubthumping [C]   tubthumping [C] EmptyFri 5 May 2023 - 7:11

TOADLEGS | RIVERCLAN | TIER 2

Rowansong’s words might have been flattery, but if they were they most definitely worked, because Toadlegs was immensely flattered. He wasn’t sure which clanmate had lied to Rowansong to make him think that Toadlegs was a good hunter, but he owed whoever it was a favor— or maybe a scratch in the face. There didn’t seem to be any possibility of getting out of this situation. ”Oh. Okay then.”Toadlegs replied after a few awkward seconds, a little too distracted by the brush of Rowansong’s tail. He wasn’t sure exactly what “pride goeth before the fall” meant, but he was certain it would’ve made perfect sense if he had been paying attention. 

Watching Rowansong miss a catch lifted Toadleg’s ego some, giving the tom som relief that maybe he had a chance— maybe not a chance at winning, but a chance at not losing too harshly. Toadlegs awkwardly rearranged his spiderlike legs into a clumsy hunter’s crouch, eyes and nose on the hunt for something not too hard to catch. If Toadlegs was a bad hunter, he was even worse at finding prey to begin with— his nose was poor and his eyes struggled to focus on a single object. Luckily for him, it didn’t take too long to find prey, as the same bird that Rowansong had missed circled back around to land on a nearby tree stump. Toadlegs briefly wondered if there was a possibility for some birds to be even less intelligent than they already were. As fast as he could, Toadlegs leapt, front paws outstretched, claws unsheathed…

Toadlegs attempts to catch a bird, using 3 SP… He was unsuccessful.

Toadlegs made an undignified squawking noise as the bird once again manages to slip away at the last moment, sending the tom crashing down onto the tree stump headfirst. He banged his narrow chin on the wood as he fell, long legs a tangled mess… there goes his one chance at redeeming his reputation.

Last edited by Zeroh on Fri 5 May 2023 - 7:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

tubthumping [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: tubthumping [C]   tubthumping [C] EmptyFri 5 May 2023 - 7:11

The member 'Zeroh' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3