Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

flowers in the night [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6068

flowers in the night [c] Empty
PostSubject: flowers in the night [c]   flowers in the night [c] EmptyFri 21 Apr 2023 - 19:21

Nightdancer stood across from her apprentice in the sandy hollow, ThunderClan's favored ground for battle training; bracing herself for potential impact. "Alright, Rosepaw- come at me when you're ready. I want to see what you can do."

Power and grace, she reminded herself. Overpowering her opponent as required, and gracefully using their own strength against them when necessary; a simple strategy that had served her well as a warrior of ThunderClan.

She didn't bother telling Rosepaw to go easy on her. She could take whatever the apprentice threw her way.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1433

PostSubject: Re: flowers in the night [c]   flowers in the night [c] EmptyWed 26 Apr 2023 - 19:05

Rosepaw of Thunderclan
"Rule #1 is that you've gotta have fun!"

The apprentice hunkered down, her tail swishing proudly as she cried, “Prepare to be impressed!” Rosepaw sprung off her milky feet and bounded toward her mentor with quick-paced hops. She stalled for a moment, wondering where to go now that she was facing her foe. Without much thought she moved to the warrior’s flank and bashed her head into it, attempting to bowl over her opponent. Rosepaw stretched her maw, preparing for her next move in case Nightdancer decided to continue the fight.

[Rosepaw used Headbutt, dealing 4 damage and costing 5 stamina.]

Rosepaw:
15 / 15 HP
25 / 30 SP (-5)

Nightdancer:
45 / 50 HP (-4)
120 / 120 SP

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: flowers in the night [c]   flowers in the night [c] EmptyWed 26 Apr 2023 - 19:19

"You're certainly enthusiastic," Nightdancer commented, barely fazed by the apprentice's headbutt. She had braced herself for the attack, and- on top of that- Rosepaw hadn't been able to hit as hard as another warrior could. "Still, you need to mind your stance in a fight- you don't want to leave yourself vulnerable to unexpected attacks. If you can't overpower your opponent, you need to find some way to use their own strength against them."

Though she had no way in mind to demonstrate that particular trick to Rosepaw in the moment, because overpowering the apprentice would be easy. She had to make a conscious effort to hold herself back for the sake of training: there wouldn't be much to learn if her apprentice was knocked to the ground with a single strike.

Instead, it was a series of swift and graceful movements as Nightdancer circled her target, a series of strikes delivered too quickly to block; and a well-placed (but somewhat softened) strike to incapacitate her- if only for a few moments.

"The best way to learn is by example: your opponents won't always be playing fair. Try to overcome it."

Nightdancer used Experienced Steps, dealing 8 damage and costing 10 SP! Rosepaw is Stunned for 1 turn!

Rosepaw
7/15 HP (-8)
25/30 SP

Nightdancer
45/50 HP
110/120 SP (-10)

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: flowers in the night [c]   flowers in the night [c] EmptyWed 26 Apr 2023 - 20:28

Rosepaw of Thunderclan

Ugh! The apprentice’s tail lashed seeing how her attack did next to nothing. I’m as grown as all my friends! Why do I still have to be held back like this? I should be able to just do it! Her pinned ears barely caught what her mentor had to say, “Blah blah something stance, blah blah vulnerable, blah blah use their own strength against them.” How am I supposed to do that? I can't make you hit yourself. Rosepaw felt like snarling something mean, but instead simply sighed. It was tiring being frustrated all the time.

Completely unfairly, the molly was abruptly pummeled by rapid black paws- one straight to the side of her head. It left her body aching and startled, snapping away from Nightdancer. Rosepaw shrilly hissed as her head spun, “What the actual crowfood?! That really hurt! Are you trying to kill me!?” Her head pounded and her lungs heaved, only making her angrier. “That doesn’t teach me anything! It’s just mean!” she cried, feeling her throat closing up. Oh don’t cry! That’s such a kit thing to do! Act like a warrior dummy! Rosepaw angrily turned her head away, trying to recover from her aches… and wounded ego.

[Rosepaw is Stunned!]

Rosepaw: Stunned 1/1 turns.
7 / 15 HP
25 / 30 SP

Nightdancer:
45 / 50 HP
110 / 120 SP

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: flowers in the night [c]   flowers in the night [c] EmptyWed 26 Apr 2023 - 20:45

"I'm trying to teach you," Nightdancer fought to keep her voice even. This- this felt good, in a way, even with her apprentice's dramatic tendencies; attempting to train Rosepaw, remembering how natural her own movements felt when she had a goal in mind. Hearing her own voice for more than a second at a time. She felt more like herself in these moments, or the self she'd left behind and lost somewhere along the way to where she was. "You should be able to break out of something like that, if you try. If you have to fight someone stronger than you, you'll need to be able to predict their movements."

She took her battle-ready stance again. "Training should be tiring, Rosepaw, but I promise that I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm going to come at you again- try to move out of the way as soon as you see it coming, and use my own momentum against me. You're on the smaller side, which gives you a specific advantage: your opponent is likely to underestimate you."

Nightdancer used Front Paw Blow, dealing 7 damage and costing 5 SP!

Rosepaw
0/15 HP (-7)
25/30 SP

Nightdancer
45/50 HP
105/120 SP (-5)

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: flowers in the night [c]   flowers in the night [c] EmptySun 30 Apr 2023 - 18:07

Rosepaw of Thunderclan

Though still furious, she reluctantly flicked her ears back to catch Nightdancer’s response. After all, she wasn’t just here because she was told to, but to actually learn as well. Rosepaw was fed up with her stupid kit rank and thus desperate to graduate, but obviously in order to do that she needed to finally train. Despite this, she couldn’t shake her anger with Nighdancer. It was terrible to be so rough like that! Rosepaw began grooming her ruffled fur in an attempt to steady her heart.

Meanwhile, in the corner of her eye she could see her mentor readying to continue the fight. “Aw can’t we be done? I’m exhausted!” she whined, but Nightdancer dismissed her plea. The apprentice moaned and rolled onto her feet. She somewhat copied her foe’s stance, though with much more hesitancy. After I dodge, how do I attack her? I don’t want to get hit again! She gave the mentor’s words a bit of thought. Maybe I can try to- Nightdancer swung at Rosepaw’s head. She fled to the right as the blow skimmed her cheek. “Ack!” she cried out in panic, struggling to remember how to counterattack. She wasn’t sure exactly what Nighdancer had meant by “use my own momentum against me,” but it gave Rosepaw the idea to try to knock her over again. The small she-cat sprung onto her mentor’s ebony shoulder in hopes of bowling her over.

[Rosepaw used Dodge and Fight, costing 7 stamina. Attempt to counterattack was successful, dealing 5 damage.]

Rosepaw:
7 / 15 HP (+7)
18 / 30 SP (-7)

Nightdancer:
40 / 50 HP (-5)
105 / 120 SP

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Last edited by Lapis on Sun 30 Apr 2023 - 18:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15131

PostSubject: Re: flowers in the night [c]   flowers in the night [c] EmptySun 30 Apr 2023 - 18:07

The member 'Lapis' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

flowers in the night [c] Mistpe10
flowers in the night [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: flowers in the night [c]   flowers in the night [c] EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 14:52

"Good, you're learning," Nightdancer dipped her head in acknowledgement as Rosepaw moved out of the way and leapt onto her shoulder. "That was a good move, aside from your hesitation. You can't second-guess yourself. If you're not sure what to do, trust your instincts."

The warrior let herself fall, but quickly returned to her paws. "Your next lesson is to accept defeat with grace. If you throw a fit every time your opponent knocks you down, you'll be distracted and not paying close enough attention- it just makes you an easier target."

To demonstrate, she carefully bowled Rosepaw over- taking caution to keep from actually hurting the apprentice- and waited to gauge her response.

Nightdancer used Headbutt, dealing 7 damage and costing 5 SP

Rosepaw
0/15 HP (-7)
18/30 SP

Nightdancer
40/50 HP
100/120 SP (-5)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content