Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] Empty
PostSubject: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 14:40

Crookedlight

Crookedlight woke early in the morning and stretched out from his nest. He carefully stepped past Rainfrost and the other warriors to instead walk through the brisk early newleaf air to the apprentice den. As promised at his ceremony, Crookedlight was going to take Fogpaw out early to train him. Just as Blackbear had done for him, he is going to teach Fogpaw how to hunt. Crookedlight was not the best hunter, but he hoped that he could teach Fogpaw enough that he could hold his own.

He reached the apprentice’s den and poked his head in. “Fogpaw,” he called gently. The other apprentices would need to be roused soon as well, but he did not want to force them to get up until their mentors fetched them. “It is time to train. Are you awake?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 18:13

Fogpaw laid quietly in the den, unmoving. It had taken the young tom a little while to fall asleep. The apprentice den was far less comfortable, and it wasn't filled with familiar cats like he was used to. Plus, the excitement over his looming training kept his mind racing. He was honestly surprised he'd gotten any sleep at all, but he was grateful for it. He wanted to put his best paw forward with his first real expedition out of camp. He wasn't sure what he would be learning today, but he felt ready for whatever it would be.

He'd been laying in his nest with his eyes closed, just thinking to himself. Finally, he heard his mentor call his name. He nodded his head, rising up, slightly groggy still. "Yeah, I'm ready." he replied softly, stepping out of the den and shaking out his voluptuous grey fur. His face was frozen in a neutral expression, and his voice sounded just the same. Still, he was excited for this endeavor, no matter the struggle he had showing it. "What are we going to be doing today?" he asked, overwhelmed by his curiosity.

Condorkit of Skyclan | #7b6a87 10 HP / 30 SP
character profiles
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 23:18

Crookedlight

Fogpaw was up and ready to go with ease, and that made Crookedlight smile. It was nice to see that his apprentice was eager to learn. The neutrality that he wore reminded Crookedlight of Rainfrost, and perhaps that is what helped him feel more at ease as they set out of the camp and into the territory. Even though he was nervous about being a good mentor, there was a kind of comfortableness in his apprentice’s company.

“We will begin with hunting first,” Crookedlight explained. “That is what I was taught first too. Everything else from battling and hunting and general patrols can be built upon what you know from hunting. You’ll need to learn to climb trees and claim prey.”

He slowed and took in a deep breath. He could smell both some birds in the early morning and a squirrel foraging for nuts before the predators awoke for the day. Crookedlight looked to Fogpaw. “Take a breath, and let me know what you smell.”
SkyClan • Tier 2 • He/Him • 30 | 80 • #ff6699
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyFri 31 Mar 2023 - 17:56

Fogpaw couldn't help himself as they left camp. After moons confined to the space, he'd been itching to get out, and it was no less exciting than he'd imagined. He tried to take it all in: the sights, the smells, the taste of the forest air on his tongue. He was able to walk quietly alongside his mentor, able to experience the outside world for the first time. It felt so liberating, and the apprentice was already enjoying the day. Things were made even better when he realized he'd be hunting! That was one of the things he had dreamed the most about in the nursery, and he'd even practiced it a few times. Of course, his "prey" had been bugs and leaves, but now he was ready to catch real creatures and provide for his clan. He looked up at Crookedlight, nodding at his instructions.

He took a slow breath, trying to let the smells linger on his nose. He tried to pick out each one, although it was slightly overwhelming. Even the familiar scent of the pines seemed ten times stronger. He was able to discern a slightly musky smell, one that seemed to be associated with an animal. The nutty scent that accompanied it was soon to follow. "A squirrel, I believe?" he asked, slightly unsure. He was fairly confident in his answer, but this all was so new to him.

character profiles
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyMon 3 Apr 2023 - 15:12

Crookedlight

Crookedlight smiled and nodded. “Yes—very good!” he purred proudly. He lowered down and quieted his voice with it. “Now with squirrels, they are quick like mice, but rather than hiding under thickets, they’ll dash up trees. Unluckily for them, we are good at climbing. If one dashes up a tree, you hook your claws into the bark of the tree and keep going as though you’re running on the ground. It’s a bit difficult and you might fall the first time, but that’s okay.”

He breathed in deeply again. He would leave the squirrel for Fogpaw to try and catch, and he would instead demonstrate catching with the birds in the opposite direction. “Watch me climb a tree so you have a point of reference, and then you can try for the squirrel, alright?”

Crookedlight’s attention trained on the tree and could see the birds chirping up on the branch. He took a deep breath to steady himself and dashed forward. In his apprenticeship, he was quite clumsy when it came to climbing trees. He’s a bit better now, able to sink his claws in deeper and throw himself up vertically. He was like a blur of color and launched himself at the branch when he was nearest. The birds took off with squawks, but his claw hooked onto the nearest bird and he slammed it down onto the branch, killing it swiftly. He leaned down and picked up the prey in his jaws. While remaining perched up on the tree, he looked down at Fogpaw and his tail swayed happily. He gestured with his paw at his apprentice. Go on, your turn!

Crookedlight tried to catch a bird and was successful! -3sp.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Mon 3 Apr 2023 - 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15096

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyMon 3 Apr 2023 - 15:12

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] Mistpe10
I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyMon 3 Apr 2023 - 17:49

Fogpaw beamed at the praise. It was gratifying to get something right, to be seen as knowledgeable, and not just a weird kit. Already, this training was going better than he'd hoped (and worried). He listened closely to his mentor's words, nodding his head in response. He was too focused to produce a verbal answer. He watched Crookedlight intently, afraid he might blink and miss it. It seemed impossible to do so much within a few seconds. But what else was there to do but try? Steadying himself with a breath, he turned around, locking his eyes on the squirrel. He waited for a moment, watching its movement. Then, when he felt ready (as he'd ever be, anyways), he leaned back on his hind legs before springing forward at the creature.

But the squirrel had seemingly become aware of danger and darted off. Fogpaw hoisted himself off of the ground, feeling embarrassed. He thought he'd been pretty quiet while stalking the prey, but apparently not. He huffed in frustration, turning back towards Crookedlight. He looked at his mentor for any advice or guidance he could offer. He just wanted to succeed. He knew it was unrealistic to always do things perfectly, but it would've been nice to prove himself on his first hunt.

Suddenly, he felt sharp teeth clench onto his leg, and he let out a gasp of pain. "Crookedlight!" he gasped, panicked. Gritting his teeth, he turned to see the angry eyes of a snake staring at him. So that had scared the squirrel away. And it seemed that the creature was not happy about losing its prey. The tom attempted to wriggle out of its grasp, but he barely had any mobility. The fanged animal had a fierce grip on his leg, and seemed intent on not letting go any time soon.

Fogpaw attempted to catch a squirrel but was unsuccessful [-3 SP]
The snake used Gripping Bite on Fogpaw [-7 HP and -15 SP]

Fogpaw: 13/20 HP | 57/60 SP
Snake: 15/15 HP | 60/75 SP

character profiles

Last edited by starry on Mon 3 Apr 2023 - 18:08; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyMon 3 Apr 2023 - 17:49

The member 'starry' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyTue 4 Apr 2023 - 19:55

Crookedlight

Crookedlight watched Fogpaw carefully. He had a great view from up here, and could feel the gentle breeze ruffling in his fur. He noted that Fogpaw was upwind from the squirrel, so it was no surprise when the squirrel noticed him and took off before he could reach it. Crookedlight’s tail swayed and his ears pricked with amusement as he watched Fogpaw hurriedly get back to his paws. His amusement did not last long when he saw a scaly predator suddenly emerge from the brush behind Fogpaw. It was not the wind at all that had alerted the squirrel.

The prey dropped from his maw and Crookedlight called out, “Fogpaw!!” He leapt forward. It was terrifying for a moment to drop from so high, but he landed on his paws with just a brief stumble. He then bolted forward at the snake. His claws emerged and he bared his fangs at the predator that dared to threaten his apprentice. Crookedlight pounced at the snake’s tail and tried to grasp it in his jaws. Thankfully, despite its rapid movement, he’s able to grasp onto the tail, biting hard and then yanking. The surprise was enough for the snake to release from his apprentice and was left twitching or a moment on the ground.

“Fogpaw, strike it with claws before it can recover!” he ordered. Crookedlight wished that his apprentice could have an easier first lesson in battle, but Crookedlight supposed there was no better way to learn how to fight than with the real thing.

Crookedlight used Tail Yank on the Snake, dealing 8 damage and costing 15 SP. Snake is stunned for 1 turn!

Fogpaw: 13/20 HP | 57/60 SP
Snake: 7/15 HP | 60/75 SP [STUNNED 0/1]
Crookedlight: 30/30HP | 65/80SP

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Tue 4 Apr 2023 - 19:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyTue 4 Apr 2023 - 19:55

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyThu 6 Apr 2023 - 15:07

Only a few moments after calling out, Fogpaw felt his mentor approaching him rapidly. He shook his leg slightly, trying to dislodge the snake. Luckily, Crookedlight was able to free him from it's jaws. He exhaled quickly, backing up. The movements were automatic, he didn't want to get bit again. But the snake was vulnerable, and he had to finish the job.  He ran back towards the snake, claws unsheathed. He slashed at it angrily. His momentum was fleeting, and he backed off after a moment, afraid of getting attacked again. He panted slightly, exhausted by the aggressiveness that had overwhelmed him. He hated unexpected things, and that had certainly been unexpected. It hadn't hurt too much, and the snake hadn't made much of a puncture due to his fluffy pelt. Still, it had been a frightening experience. All he'd wanted was to catch the squirrel.

Mustering the strength it had left, the snake slithered off into a nearby bush as quick as it could. Its wounds were great, and it didn't want to risk any more trouble when it was so close to being killed by the cats.

Fogpaw glanced back at Crookedlight, unsure of what to do. The snake had escaped, and a part of the apprentice wanted to seek it out again, to finish the job. The logical part of him argued that would be reckless, especially since he had just escaped its literal jaws. It was odd for him to be so dependent on the warrior's instructions, but they had helped him tremendously just moments ago. Without the older tom's advice, the snake would still be attached to his leg.

Fogpaw used Front Paw Strike [-6 HP and - 7 SP]
The snake fled!

Fogpaw: 13/20 HP | 50/60 SP
Snake: 01/15 HP | 60/75 SP

character profiles
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptySun 9 Apr 2023 - 22:25

Crookedlight

Crookedlight let out a relieved sigh when the snake finally took off. Killing it would have been ideal, but he was much more focused on his apprentice than to care too much about the snake or its escape. He turned back to Fogpaw. “Are you alright?” he asked in a voice tight with worry. He leaned down to lick at Fogpaw’s wound. It seemed shallow and it didn’t smell of venom, which brought Crookedlight at least some comfort, but it would be important to get Plumleaf to look over it.

He pulled back and looked to Fogpaw again. “Can you walk? We should get back and make sure your injury is taken care of.” He smiled and attempted to regain that easy-going nature he had shown before. “You did great for your first fight, especially since I haven’t gotten a chance to teach you properly yet. I wish you hadn’t had to get bit for it, but you kept a cool head. Very good, Fogpaw.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 14:27

Finally, after the snake was gone, Fogpaw became aware again. He'd been swept up in the moment, not noticing the sharp pain in his leg, or much of his surroundings. He looked up at Crookledlight, nodding slowly. "Yeah, my leg hurts a little- but I think I'm okay." The bleeding had slowed greatly. He grimaced slightly as his mentor licked the wound, but he didn't say anything. He'd survive, that was the important thing.

He nodded again, starting to walk alongside the older tom. Although it was an unexpected situation, he had enjoyed moments of fighting. And the praise bestowed upon him just added to his mood, and his injury slipped further and further from his mind. "Thanks. It was a bit scary, but I enjoyed getting a chance to fight." he hummed quietly.

character profiles
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] EmptyWed 19 Apr 2023 - 10:47

Crookedlight

Crookedlight nodded and looked to his apprentice. “But you did well. Better than I did in my first fight when I was your age.” He smiled at him. “Let’s get you back so it can be looked at just in case. If you’re cleared by Plumleaf, then we can go out again.” And if he was up for it, of course. He didn’t want to push Fogpaw so hard on the first day, but he imagined it was frustrating to not finish training because of an injury. “And if not, I can still teach you back at camp.” He returned to where he dropped the earlier prey and picked it back up. “Let’s go.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll Make a Man Out of You [C]
Page 1 of 1