Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

aiming for the sky [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6045

aiming for the sky [c] Empty
PostSubject: aiming for the sky [c]   aiming for the sky [c] EmptyMon 27 Feb 2023 - 8:02

Lightningpaw was difficult to keep track of, to say the least. She'd often split from patrols, and while she rarely ventured all that far she was always chasing something new- whether it was an interesting bird, a particularly plump-looking squirrel, or some sort of leaf drifting on the breeze. Traversing the branches and rocks of the Great Ridge was a great deal of fun for her, challenging herself to move faster and faster with every step.

Like a flash of lightning, she was there one moment and gone the next. She would stop and come back when called, usually, so not entirely like a flash of lightning- but that meant she'd have to hear the call in the first place.

Of course, when she was out with Creamsky she wasn't worried about it. Lightningpaw could look after herself, after all, and she'd fared remarkably well for herself in both real fights she'd been in. And she kept a little closer anyway, just because- well. He'd been busy with warrior things and his own apprentice (what a strange thought, even now!), and she was happy to get what time she could with her best friend.

"Watch this," she called, leaping from one of the rock formations onto one of the lower branches. "Whoa- look over there! Isn't that a hawk? It'd be pretty cool to fly like that, don't you think?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7395

PostSubject: Re: aiming for the sky [c]   aiming for the sky [c] EmptyMon 27 Feb 2023 - 8:17

Creamsky hopped after Lightningpaw, landing on the rock a few heartbeats after she had abandoned it for the branch instead. It was rare at the two had been given a chance to spend time together, just the two of them. Either he was sick - as was the case shortly after gaining his warrior name to his annoyance, or he was training with Juniperpaw or out on a patrol of sometime... But finally there had been a day where nothing was truly expected of him....

So how else to spend it by just hanging out with his best friend?

His soft smile faded a little however when Lightningpaw chose to point out a large bird, glancing over at it. He...Couldn't say for sure if it was a hawk - he had never seen one but it sure fit all of the descriptions and warnings he had been taught throughout his life. "I think it is?" he meowed up, turning his gaze to Lightningpaw. "Flying would be interesting, even with our climbing skills we never get to see the tree tops... Thought I think I prefer having my paws on something. Moving through the air like birds do seems....Weird - how do they even do it?"

aiming for the sky [c] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: aiming for the sky [c]   aiming for the sky [c] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2023 - 7:23

"Well, they have wings, right?" Lightningpaw asked, quick to turn her attention to the sky. There, in a slightly higher branch, a few trees away- if she approached carefully enough, she thought she could get the drop on it. "They've got wings and we don't, so that's obviously the trick to it. They can fly, and glide, and probably jump better than us too. Hey, d'you think if I covered my fur in feathers, I could jump higher?"

She had no evidence that it would work, but she also had no evidence that it wouldn't. So, then, it was worth a shot.

Carefully keeping her eyes on her target, she pounced; landing easily atop the hawk.

"I don't think I'd mind not being on the ground," she said casually, despite her current (wholly self-inflicted) predicament; as the hawk wasn't all that happy about having sudden and unexpected company and was attempting to shake her off. "Uh, Cream? I could maybe use a helping paw, here. I'd rather be flying on my own terms!"

Lightningpaw used Jumping Strike on the hawk, costing 7 SP and dealing 6+3 damage!

Lightningpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP (-7)

Hawk
31/40 HP (-9)
125/125 SP

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: aiming for the sky [c]   aiming for the sky [c] EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 1:23

Creamsky glanced over at Lightningpaw with a frown at her question. "What? No, I thin-" he didn't have time to offer his thought - that feathers wouldn't help with anything when, as cats, they were still lacking wings - before Lightningpaw had made a rather smooth jump straight onto the hawk's back. His eyes widen as his friend called out for aid, his expression falling flat for a brief moment before, with no hesitation, he leapt after her. As one of the hawk's wings flared out - he landed neatly on it, pinning it to the branch as he dug his claws in. "Of course," he responded back - rather calmly despite how much he should be panicking that Lightningpaw threw herself at a hawk. "This hawk isn't going anywhere on my watch."

Creamsky used Leap and Hold on the hawk, dealing 8 damage and costing 15 stamina. The hawk is pinned for 2 turn(s).
Climber's Grasp activates, increasing pin/stun chance by 1.

Creamsky:

40/40 HP
85/100 SP (-15)

Lightningpaw:
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Hawk:
23/40 HP (-8)
125/125 SP

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats

Last edited by Honey Badger on Sat 18 Mar 2023 - 1:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15095

PostSubject: Re: aiming for the sky [c]   aiming for the sky [c] EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 1:23

The member 'Honey Badger' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

aiming for the sky [c] Mistpe10
aiming for the sky [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: aiming for the sky [c]   aiming for the sky [c] EmptyThu 23 Mar 2023 - 6:05

"I wanted to study how it moves, up close and personal," she explained. "Though I will admit that's kinda hard when it's aware I'm here-! Guess I'll have to settle for looking at it later."

She dug her claws further into its body to keep from being thrown off in the meantime, grateful for her friend's assistance.

The Hawk is pinned! The Hawk is pinned for 1 more turn!

Lightningpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 SP!

Creamsky:
40/40 HP
85/100 SP

Lightningpaw:
20/20 HP
46/60 SP (-7)

Hawk:
17/40 HP (-6)
125/125 SP

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: aiming for the sky [c]   aiming for the sky [c] EmptySat 25 Mar 2023 - 0:19

Creamsky frowned a little at Lightningpaw's explanation, twitching his tail. "Did you really have to pick a hawk to study through? Why not a bluebird?" he questioned, thought there was an amusement to his tone as he continued to stand rather nonchalantly on the hawk's wing as he continued to hold it down. "They both fly and one is far less likely to try to eat you than the other..."

Creamsky continued the Leap and Hold, dealing 8 additional damage and costing 15 stamina. The hawk is pinned for 1 turn.

Creamsky:
40/40 HP
70/100 SP (-15)

Lightningpaw:
20/20 HP
46/60 SP

Hawk:
9/40 HP (-8)
125/125 SP

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aiming for the sky [c]   aiming for the sky [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

aiming for the sky [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory :: The Great Ridge-
Jump to: