Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1861

It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) Empty
PostSubject: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) EmptySat 11 Feb 2023 - 5:19

Burdockroot was sitting and watching the empty camp, unable to sleep. The sunlight seeped through the camp, illuminating every inch. The rest of the cats were slumbering, as she stood here. Her large and fluffy pelt hid it, but Burdockroot was skinny. She had stopped eating days ago aside from the smallest of bites. Multiple Moonstone journeys completed with no traveling herbs, her recent loss of consciousness at the Gathering, the things she saw and heard in the vision... Burdockroot didn't really get depressed or stressed, right? So what was she feeling?

"Iceheart..." She murmured out loud, her voice softly carrying across the camp Iceheart was now entering. It had been moons since they spoke. But what did it matter? They were never friends, Burdockroot realized, their "friendship" was nothing more than a few patrols and sitting next to each other at the Gathering. Anything more had been a delusion of hers. Still, something made her call out to her. Was she... Was this lonliness?

No... Couldn't be. Burdockroot doesn't feel lonely, she had her whisper friends at all time. But she wanted nothing more to have a cat next to her at the same time.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) EmptyWed 15 Feb 2023 - 18:36

Iceheart

Iceheart heard her name be called and she turned to see Burdockroot watching her. Iceheart tilted her head and she approached. “Hello Burdockroot,” she greeted. Iceheart did not have many conventional friends. Forestbreeze was her closest friend and the one she considered truly as one. She was close with many other cats, though perhaps in a different way. Burdockroot fell into the latter category. She did care for the clan medicine cat, as she had known her since kithood. They’d gone through some of the most terrible times in the forest together, and endured more tragedy together still. It’s because of this that she could pick up on some of Burdockroot’s more guarded mannerisms and body language. Iceheart picked up on the slight bit of fatigue, and how she was growing thinner despite her thick pelt. They were the smallest of changes, but Iceheart was very perceptive for changes in her friends.

“Are you feeling alright?” Iceheart asked as she sat before her friend. “You look as though you have something on your mind.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) EmptySat 25 Feb 2023 - 8:17

Burdockroot shifted as Iceheart came closer. It had been moons - if ever - since the last cat asked if she was okay. Her whole life she had been 'okay', nothing phased her. But the responsibility of being a medicine cat for a clan she had never planned on staying in was wearing her down. Her care of patience lacked the reasoning of empathy, and was completed only by the means of conquering and solving a challenge laid out before her that threatened her intelligence. That made the day-to-day tasks like coughs, scrapes, and bruises bored out of her mind, which only caused her to harbor anger and resentment. Oh, and those Moonstones. Those dreaded Moonstones. Days and days of walking back and forth like a glorified babysitter to go sleep on some more cold rocks, all the while lacking the herbs necessary to nourish her own body. Why would Nightstar not allow her to take groups?

Because he was selfish. Always asking for more and more of her without any leeway or respecting her for the cat she was. Check on everyone's mental health, sure. But oh, StarClan's no, you can't even go to a neighboring Clan about your prophecy without a babysitter (because Leaopardsun is better than you.) (You can't be trusted to walk to a Clan alone, but please, continue walking back and forth daily by yourself because I couldn't be bothered to to it or take up some slack.)

And then there was the isolation. Always stuck on the borders of the camp. Staring. Watching. Seeing cats care about others, make friends, make mates. Her heart was empty and hollow, but in a different way. She felt the pang of loneliness now, 'not one of them'. Now, it mattered. Because now, they all needed her. But they didn't want her.

Burdockroot thought about all of this, but to Iceheart she said... "No, I don't think I'm alright. I'm lonely."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) EmptyWed 1 Mar 2023 - 10:26

Iceheart

Iceheart waited while Burdockroot thought, ready to try and assist with whatever was wrong—but she had to admit that ‘loneliness’ was not an answer that she expected from her friend. Burdockroot had seemed to enjoy staying on her own for as long as Iceheart could remember, so hearing that she longed for company was a surprise…but if Iceheart thought about it, she too stayed on her own during those years when Burdockroot was still ‘Frostedpaw’…she had longed for company as well.

“If you’re lonely, you can spend more time out with the other cats,” she replied. “You are not confined to your medicine den. You can take other cats with you to assist on herb hunts, which I know takes up a large portion of your day.” After another pause for consideration, she added, “And you area always welcome to take your meals with Forestbreeze and me, should you want company.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) EmptyTue 7 Mar 2023 - 13:55

Burdockroot shook her head. She wasn't getting it. "Cats keep me at a distance. I have to seek them out. They only want to seek me out when they need me and then they run away to live their lives with their actual friends." She didn't want company all the time, but the familiar sense of jealousy struck her chest like a tinge of illness for a brief second. Her life was a consistent blur of cats around her as she sat in the center. It felt like cats orbit around her, not really noticing her except when their paths crash in a urgent way.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) EmptyTue 7 Mar 2023 - 17:28

Iceheart

Ahh. Iceheart wasn’t sure if she understood everything, but that did illuminate some of the issue. She replied, “Unfortunately, you are a bit intimidating. You communicate differently from other cats, and it can put them off. That’s not your fault. But it will make it more difficult for them to approach you before they approach you…That does not mean it is impossible, of course. I consider you a friend. I grow busy with my daily duties, but I enjoy spending time with you. If others got to know you outside of your role as a medicine cat, I’m certain they would seek you out as an ‘actual friend’ too.” She smiled pleasantly. “How about you try talking with Honeylight? He’s very sweet, but he’s been feeling a little off since returning from his capture by the twolegs. Once he grows accustomed to you again, I’m sure he’ll bother you plenty."

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) EmptyTue 28 Mar 2023 - 8:04

Burdockroot took in the information. She had been working hard to communicate like a normal cat, a lot actually. Before, she hardly spoke any words and now she could hold her own monologues. "How do I communicate differently? I try my best. I don't want cats to be afraid of me anymore." Perhaps it was her flat voice, which betrayed her own wishes to be liked. Burdockroot couldn't really hear her own voice, though. It sounded normal to her.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) EmptyWed 29 Mar 2023 - 15:49

Code:

Iceheart

Iceheart considered the question. “Oftentimes cats don’t enjoy bluntness or monotone. It can come off as seeing like you are upset, or that you don’t want to be a part of the conversation, which might be why they don’t speak to you so often. It is an unfortunate circumstance of communication. If you can smile and keep up a lighter tone, you’ll seem more approachable to everyone.” She thought about it for a moment more and replied, “If you need an example, Honeylight or Swiftheart are both good examples of a welcoming personality. They are bright and happy and remain positive. Their positivity can be infectious.”

She tilted her head. “However, I’m not sure if changing is something you necessarily need to do. Simply approaching cats and talking to them about things that don’t relate to your work will be inviting enough for a conversation. You’d be surprised how chatty cats can be even to a cat with seemingly ‘uncomfortable’ personalities.” Goodness knows she somehow found cats to speak with even when she was stiff as a board as a kit.
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)   It's been a while old.... Friend?(c) Empty

Back to top Go down

It's been a while old.... Friend?(c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp :: ShadowClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: