Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3049

Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] Empty
PostSubject: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 10:30

Falconkit, days away from his apprentice ceremony no doubt, was having yet another night of troubled sleep. For as long as the kit could remember, he'd been plagued with nightmares when he slept. It was rare that he got a true full night of rest, but none of his dreams were all that memorable. He didn't know if that was a good thing or not. He had become too big for the nursery really, another sign that he was due to become an apprentice soon. Instead of lying there, thrashing around in his sleep or crying out to wake his siblings and mother... again... the kit stepped outside of the nursery for some fresh air. Falconkit was tired... his eyelids heavy despite his racing heart from the newest bad dream. He couldn't recall anything very clearly, just brief glimpses of the night and shapeless monsters within it.

Falconkit looked around the quiet camp as he settled into a loaf outside the nursery. He was no Shadowclan cat, but he could still see well enough to know there were no monsters in the dark. As his ears swiveled this way and that way, all he could hear was the typical night sounds of leaf-bare, which was almost nothing. It was eerily quiet rather than comfortingly quiet. Alone and still very tired, Falconkit let his imagination run. A part of him wanted to try to remember his nightmare and wondered if it was the same recurring one or not. Another part of him wanted to forget about it for awhile and just try to focus on what it would be like to be a warrior. He would finally learn how to hunt and fight! He would start getting respect and recognition!

Falconkit loved his family, but there was a burning desire in him to be more than what he was. He wanted to be more than just their sibling or just another warrior in a sea of endless warriors. He wanted more... If he wanted it, he was determined to get it. A chilly breeze blew by and he lowered his head against it. All of these things that he wanted would come to him in time, he knew, but he still felt impatient. His apprentice ceremony couldn't come fast enough.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #ffffff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 11:45

Graykit had been woken by something, or rather someone. It had been on the tip of her tongue to growl at being woken before realizing it was her brother. Sleep had never came easy to him for some reason, and unfortunately that resulted in being woken up more than anyone would have liked. It wasn't Falconkit's fault, she knew, and so Graykit simply closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep. Wolfblossom usually checked on him, but it seemed the deputy was out cold for once. After a few minutes of trying to sleep, Graykit opened her eyes. Falconkit wasn't beside her... And sleep was now eluding her.

Carefully, trying not to disturb her other siblings or their mother, Graykit stood and made her way toward the nursery entrance. Falconkit sat just outside the nursery, and after a moment of hesitation Graykit padded toward him. "Hey," She mewed softly, flopping down beside her brother and pressing against him for a moment.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 13:38

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw had wanted to give Wolfblossom some space. Since she had her litter, it seemed like every cat in SkyClan was rotating in and out of the nursery— Wolfblossom was patient and kind, but Juniperpaw knew how overwhelmed she got. She didn’t want to crowd her. She could wait to meet her new adoptive siblings, new little friends.

And then, as much as Juniperpaw didn’t want to admit it, she had gotten just too busy to visit her adoptive mother and her litter. Any time she had the opportunity, she was getting whisked off to train or patrol. But that was fine, that was what she wanted, wasn’t it? Her clan and it’s needs always had to come first.

But now they were old enough to come outside and explore all on their own; it was a late late day for the apprentice, barely awake but spending some time to herself outdoors anyway, when she spotted two very familiar little kits near the nursery. It was late, she should mind her own and go to sleep, but she could finally go over and say hello! She was certain Wolfblossom had already told them all about her.

”Hello Falconkit, Greykit!” Juniperpaw called out from where she had been lounging, lithe body stretching out in the moonlight before ambling over to the two kits. ”How are you two? Is this your first day out of the nursery? Oh, Sorry— I’m Juniperpaw! Your mother helped raise me, forever ago, so I suppose that makes you my little brother and little sister!”

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 16:18

The one good thing about the nursery being so full right now, with Wolfblossom plus the bulk of four large, fluffy kits, was that when everyone was asleep, it was warm. Sunkit liked the warmth... he liked basking in the rays of dawn, when the ground was warm from sunlight. He liked curling between his siblings and his mother, sharing their body heat as they dozed beside him. What he didn't like, was being woken up while it was still dark outside as Graykit pulled away from their pile of bodies. Grumpily, the tom's yellow eyes opened and followed his sister from the den. Where in StarClan's name was she going at this hour?

Then he noticed that Falconkit, too, was missing. Only Quickkit snoozed quietly beside him, and he was suddenly guilty for being annoyed. Reluctant but determined, he uncurled and followed his siblings, shaking out his coat as he made it to the entrance and paused to see where they'd gone. Not too far, and... not alone, apparently. His eyes narrowed slightly on the pointed she-cat that had approached them, and as he padded closer, he caught the tail end of her statement. Sunkit made it over to them, dropping his head to butt Falcon gently, and then glancing back up at the apprentice as he sat next to Graykit. "Just because our mom took care of you doesn't make you our sister." he stated matter-of-factly, flicking his gaze up and then down her.

Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3049

PostSubject: Re: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 21:27

Falconkit hadn't expecting anyone to join him, but he wasn't bothered by it. Graykit approached and sat beside him and he gave her a gentle sideways headbutt in greeting. "Hi. I'll be in bed again soon I just wanted to wind down a bit first." He told her gently with a small reassuring smile. His ears pricked forward when an apprentice approached. Juniperpaw? Okay... He didn't know what exactly to say to this apprentice. Because their mother raised her that made her a sister? Falconkit managed to keep his emotions concealed, but the thoughts in his head didn't dissipate.

Siblings were raised by the same parents, but what made someone a brother or a sister was the warmth that was shared between them. The bond was more important than anything, even blood. Falconkit didn't want to be rude necessarily, but he wasn't sure how to respond either.

"Uh... well... hi. I've been outside the nursery a lot actually." He glanced at Graykit, uncertain of what else to say. He would have an apprentice ceremony himself fairly soon, but again, he was doing his best to be pleasant. Sunkit made his presence known at that moment, and while Falconkit didn't agree with his lack of tact, he didn't disagree with his words either.

Curious, he watched Juniperpaw for a reaction. The best way to tell a lot about someone was to be nasty or blunt with them. Falconkit didn't have it in him to do that just yet it seemed. He was content to wait for now, curious to watch this interaction unfold. At least his mind had been taken off of his nightmares for now.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #ffffff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023 - 9:15

"Alright," Graykit nodded at Falconkit, but before she could say anything else a pale she-cat with dark fur across her face had approached. She certainly seemed cheery for this hour, introducing herself as Juniperpaw. Wolfblossom had helped raise her, and apparently this made them siblings of a sort. "Yeah, we've been in camp before... Nice to meet you." She hadn't heard Sunkit approach, but her brother seemed to have no qualms about speaking his thoughts, and Graykit winced internally, giving Sunkit a look. He didn't need to be rude about it! She didn't know Juniperpaw and disagreed that a cat who raised her would make them siblings, but Wolfblossom, she expected, would have wanted them to at least be nice to the apprentice. She fell quiet, just as unsure as Falconkit seemed to be of what to say.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023 - 12:29

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

”Oh!” was all Juniperpaw could really say, brain scrambling to put together any words. That… hurt. Not just Sunkit, but the others— neither Greykit or Falconkit made any move to defend Juniperpaw, though the molly wasn’t sure exactly what she was expecting. Did she run into this with too high hopes? She must have, thinking back on it. These kits didn’t know anything about her, it seemed. Did Wolfblossom not tell them about her? That thought was surprisingly more painful than she expected. She needed to find the older molly and have a talk before she tore herself apart over this.

”Oh–kay… well. It’s nice to meet you all, Falconkit, Greykit… Sunkit… I suppose you’re right; sister is a big word, and we’ve never properly met before. How about this— let me start over! I’m Juniperpaw, and when I was young, around your age, your mother and Birdstar helped raise me so I could be the best apprentice I could be, because my own mother wasn’t around. I suppose that doesn’t quite make me your sister, rather… a friend? A friend of your family! I look forward to seeing you all grow up into big old apprentices! I’m not quite finished with my training yet; we might train alongside each other!”

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 15:06

Neither of his siblings seemed sure what to say, but Sunpaw was undeterred. He sat and stared at Juniperpaw, yellow eyes sharp and observant. It appeared he'd hurt her feelings with his matter of factness, but he didn't particularly care. If she was hurt by the truth, that was her own problem, not his. Still, though, Wolfblossom had told them about Juniperpaw, and the deputy did seem fond of the apprentice, so it was only fair they gave her a chance.

"I think friend is an acceptable word," he said with a polite smile. Sunpaw relaxed his body language, curling his feathery tail around his paws and bobbing his head in a pleased nod. "We're due to be apprentices any day now, so maybe we will get to train together."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]   Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

Do the Monsters Dance at Night? [O]
Page 1 of 1