Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Into the Sun [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptyTue 24 Jan 2023 - 15:59

RainpawSkyclan Camp

Rainpaw’s ear twitched in displeasure as a cold breeze cut through his thick fur. He’d had quite enough of this chilly season. He would really prefer it if the sun would come back out and chase away the snow that covered the ground. A sentimental voice in the back of his head wondered if the sun could not come out as long as Crookedpaw was not home. He chased the thought away. It was silly.

He turned his head to look at his companion instead of indulging the thoughts that only served to upset him. Juniperpaw had grown so fast, and as far as Rainpaw was concerned, was making a great apprentice. Sparring, though he’d improved recently, was still not his best skill, so he hoped that he would not embarrass himself in front of her.

‘Sister’ was often the term that came to his mind whenever he looked at Juniperpaw. Something about her just felt familiar. Familial. It made sense. He viewed Birdstar like a mother, so the fact that she viewed Birdstar in similar terms meant that it only made sense to view her like a little sister. It felt strange. He was always uncomfortable putting familial terms to the relationships he had. He always wondered if he was reading things correctly. Maybe one day he’d be able to vocalize the term. For now, it remained a thought, one that brought a sense of warmth.

Rainpaw’s steps slowed to a stop as he realized belatedly that he reached their destination, a tucked away corner of camp where their tuffling was unlikely to disturb the other occupants. The area was lit by the weak sun. Rainpaw poked at the snow that remained there with a displeased noise, as if he’d half-expected it to go away from the spot he wanted to be in. Then he shook his head and moved in front of Juniperpaw. “Ready? I’ll let you take the first move,”He said, voice flat as ever but a glimmer of affection in his eyes.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 13:50

https://www.deviantart.com/aelou/art/F2U-flowers-634505249Juniperpaw

Juniperpaw gave Rainpaw an excited, loving smile, already moving her stance into a sparring position. Her eyes watered from the biting breeze, harsh on her furry face just as it was on Rainpaw’s, yet neither of them voiced any discomfort. They were both apprentices now, Juniperpaw just a little behind Rainpaw on training. It was almost beyond belief for her, how far she’s come; she continued every day to think it was all just a dream, yet she continued to wake up in SkyClan, a place more and more like home with every night spent in the apprentice den alongside her brother.

Brother. It should feel strange to call what was once a stranger that, but it came so naturally to Juniperpaw— just as naturally as calling her his sister came to Rainpaw, it seemed. They both came from the same stretch of forest, both saved and raised by the same she-cats, why wouldn’t they consider each other siblings? Rainpaw was so brotherly anyways, always looking out for Juniperpaw and providing for her whenever he can— just like right then, whereas Rainpaw had invited her to spar as apprentices. They had play-fought before, sure, but this time was different. This wasn’t a game, this was training.

Rainpaw seemed a little distracted today, seemingly either by the wind or the bleak gray sky. His eyes, however, told a different story— worry and sentiment swam in those odd eyes, looking much farther beyond than the tree line. It worried Juniperpaw more than she would like to admit. Her older brother was a shining beacon to her, always giving her hope, and to see him look so downtrodden made her feel just as bad.

”What’s wrong, brother?” she asked softly, softening her stance enough to give him a concerned look. Normally, she would wait for his answer, but this was a spar; they could converse like siblings while they fought. Rainpaw’s condition did hinder her enthusiasm, however. A little slower than she usually would go, Juniper corrected her stance before quickly leaping a foxlength or so onto Rainpaw, a little disorganized but nonetheless persistent. Rainpaw, while older than her, was a little smaller, which made it surprisingly easy to send him onto his back. Grinning triumphantly, Juniperpaw added with a snicker, ”You can tell me, brother! Don’t let me intimidate you.”

Juniperpaw used Jumping Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina!
Juniperpaw: 20 HP/53 SP
Rainpaw: 14 HP/60 SP

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 15:14

RainpawSkyclan Camp

Brother?

Rainpaw’s body froze at the word. He hadn’t heard it in reference to himself in so, so long. A whisper of a motherly voice spoke in his mind for a moment, a memory he tried to cling to before it slipped away. For a moment he thought of his first siblings, his litter, and his heart gave a painful squeeze. It was so hard to put those words to voice for him, and yet Juniperpaw did it as easy as breathing, it seemed. The complicated feelings that rose at that word were matched only by the intensity of the warmth he felt.

Rainpaw went tumbling easily, not even noticing her approach, caught up as he was in his thoughts. It was good, the knock to the ground, because it made his brain halt and refocus on his surroundings. He looked at Juniperpaw. Sister. The thought came again as she used that word once more. Maybe he could get used to this. He wanted to try. She clearly thought of him like a brother. Well, he’d live up to that. He had to. He would not fail another sibling.

Then, there was the matter of her question. She deserved an answer. One quick look at those big blue eyes told him he wasn’t getting away with not providing an answer and insisting he was fine. What was wrong? Where did he start? He had never truly spoken to her about his own arrival to the clan. That was still a memory only he and Birdchaser fully shared. He did not think he could quite put that to words right then. Perhaps the simpler answer, then, even if it was still a painful one.

As he worked on formulating his words, Rainpaw’s body moved with the instincts of training, moving easily with Juniperpaw as they sparred. He rolled back to his feet, moving away from her quickly, using his smaller size to aid his speed. “You are not very intimidating.” He told her, a slightly teasing note to the words as he moved in and pounced on his sister in return, tackling her down and putting all of the strength he had gained through training to hold her. In the interest of training and helping Juniperpaw improve, he wanted to give the spar his all. If she did not yet know how to escape a pin such as this, he would teach her.

“As for what’s wrong…” Rainpaw took a moment to shrug before firming his hold. “I am thinking of a friend of mine. My best friend. I think you would get along well with him. He was taken by the twolegs, some moons ago. I miss him dearly. I am looking forward to the look on his face when he learns I have gained a sister.” A tiny smile then as he said the word out loud, another burst of warmth and complicated emotions.

Rainpaw used Leap and Hold, dealing -6 damage and costing -15 SP. Juniperpaw is pinned for 2 turns.

Juniperpaw [PINNED]
14/20 HP (-6)
53/60 SP

Rainpaw
14/20 HP
45/60 SP (-15)

[/b]

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Last edited by lostfanboy on Wed 25 Jan 2023 - 15:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15102

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 15:14

The member 'lostfanboy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Into the Sun [c] Mistpe10
Into the Sun [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptySat 28 Jan 2023 - 13:16

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw squawked in a much too undignified manner, her smile wide and a little wild despite the role reversal. Rainpaw was much stronger than he looked, small stature and big eyes— she supposed that was something they had in common— and he had sent her flat on her back without so much as a warning. She struggled to free herself from his grasp for a solid few moments before resigning with a huff; besides, she was now much more interested in the conversation than in the battle. ”I am plenty intimidating!” Juniperpaw shot back, fiery despite the clear air of resignation. ”I’m taller than you are already, brother— not that that’s much of an accomplishment of course.”

At Rainpaw’s admittance, the attitude and the crisp winter air suddenly solemn, the white and brown molly found herself scrambling to find something to say. Rainpaw had never mentioned having a best friend before, nor that he had been taken; in fact, Juniperpaw wasn’t aware if Rainpaw had many friends at all. Not that he wasn’t gracious, kind, and wonderful, he was just… quiet. It broke her heart to think he had hidden this or kept it bottled up in some way, away from Juniperpaw’s prying eyes. He must have been struggling, truly, feeling alone, and Juniperpaw couldn’t begin to imagine the feeling. Yet, like the bright savior that she knew, he still seemed to hold on to so much hope. He seemed sure he was alright, and would come back some day.

Thoughts of her mother flashed behind Juniperpaw’s eyes, sickly and tired, and the chilly air seemed to bite a bit harder. Had she really given up all hope in ever finding her again?

”What is his name?” she asked after a pregnant pause, voice soft. ”He sounds wonderful, Rainpaw— I look forward to meeting him.”

Juniperpaw is pinned and can’t move! Stats stay the same. Juniperpaw is pinned for one more round.

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptySun 29 Jan 2023 - 18:06

RainpawSkyclan Camp

Rainpaw made a face at Juniperpaw at the comment about his height, pausing from his thoughts long enough to stick his tongue out at his sister. A childish action? Maybe so. Vindicating? Absolutely. Then the heavy conversation returned, and Rainpaw’s eyes refocused to take in Juniperpaw’s reaction.

Rainpaw paused too for a moment. “Crookedpaw.” He said softly, and even he was surprised by how soft his voice got when he spoke the name, a warmth in his tone reserved only for his family and Crooked himself. “He is kind. Curious about the world. Friendly with other cats. I believe he is a hard cat not to love. He even charmed Blackbear. Who, I suppose you also do not know yet. She went to find him. When they return, both of them, I will introduce you to them.”

He paused once more, studying his sister for a long moment, intense blue and yellow eyes taking in her reaction to his words. He considered the look in her eyes, then softly said, “There is something that is on your mind as well, isn’t there? Tell me.” He paused. “If you are able.” He added, gentler. He knew there were some things difficult to voice, no matter how much you may want to.

He kept his paws in place, but it was mostly pretense at this point. He was much more focused on studying Juniperpaw and on the conversation at hand.

Juniperpaw continues to be pinned! The pin will be up after this round!

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023 - 6:13

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Rainpaw never failed to make Juniperpaw smile. Even in a spar he was simply too thoughtful— he had her pinned and vulnerable, yet instead of using her predicament to further the battle he simply sat there on top of her and continued to talk. Rainpaw reminded her of herself so much it hurt sometimes. ”I hope they come home soon, brother. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.” She giggled, sticking her tongue out in response to Rainpaw’s own.

At Rainpaw’s prodding question Juniperpaw moved to break out of Rainpaw’s loose hold, shaking the frost and snow off of her dense coat. The spar could continue in a moment; Juniperpaw was more focused on the conversation at hand, and it seemed like Rainpaw was too.

”I’m thinking about my mother. She was kind and strong, a lot like Crookedpaw, it seems. I stopped looking for her a while ago, but now I wonder if I should have ever stopped.”

Juniperpaw is no longer pinned! Spar will continue as normal.

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023 - 13:12

RainpawSkyclan Camp

Rainpaw pulled away and sat back as Juniperpaw broke free, following her lead in pausing the spar. He sat back, stiff as a board, but he felt remarkably relaxed. Conversation, even heavy, hard conversation like this, was almost easy with Juniperpaw. Words fell easily, and Rainpaw did not worry as much as he normally did about how he was coming across. He knew that he would not be judged even if he was awkward. Perhaps that is part of being a sibling.

He paused at Juniperpaw’s words. Her mother. Once again, his mind flew back to a voice he had nearly forgotten, and he swallowed hard. “Does it help to know I never looked for mine at all?” He commented softly. It was not something he had admitted out loud before, he realized with a small jolt. “I was separated from her against my or her will. I think so, anyway. It is hard to remember. But I was too scared of the twolegged place to even consider it once I became old enough to try. I just… assumed it would be a lost cause.”

He felt a familiar spark of guilt then. Not for the first time, he envied Juniperpaw’s open heart and her brighter outlook.

“You told us she didn’t want to be found when we first found you.” He pointed out softly. “You were scared at the time. I didn’t want to push for details. Are you able to tell me more of what happened now?” He offered. He shifted closer to his sister, flicking his tail over to press against hers. He understood how difficult such a subject could be, and while he was not the best at comfort, for Juniperpaw? He’d try.

He paused, then softly added, “If you had continued looking for her, in that weather, at that age, all on your own…? You could’ve died. I’m grateful, for what it’s worth, that you are here. I think it was the right choice.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptyThu 2 Feb 2023 - 10:35

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

It did give her some comfort, she supposed. At the very least, she wouldn’t be hailed as thoughtless and uncaring— Rainpaw had led this completely different life for so long now, seemingly plagued by the same thoughts, and no one accused him of being weak. 

Was it truly weakness, though? She and Rainpaw had been so young, so small. Her sweet brother told the truth when he said that both of them would’ve died out in the cold if they had kept looking. And, partly, even Juniperpaw recognized herself it was a lost cause, just as Rainpaw had said, though that cold comfort didn’t seem to let her sleep any better. 

Rainpaw wanted to hear her story? Juniperpaw couldnt remember much of it; much of the narrative she knew came from either Wolfblossom or Birdstar’s mouth, even Thornstalker’s account if she catches her when she isn’t busy. It mostly resided in the back of her mind in hazy clouds and fog, snow blanketed on the ground and broken apart by little, kitten pawsteps. Yet her mother’s face burned in her memory, fresh as if she had last seen her the day before. ”She was beautiful.” Juniperpaw started, not directly addressing her adoptive brother and instead staring off into the forest. ”But she was sick— really, really sick. I was sick too, I think, but I got better and she didn’t. And she told me— she told me that sometimes, you have to make hard decisions, and it hurts, but they’re for the best reasons. She told me she didn’t think she could take care of me anymore, keep me safe, so she wanted me to go with the twolegs, and I—“

”I just couldn’t. I couldn’t let her leave like that— I couldn’t leave her like that. She turned around and she walked away and I remember calling her name but she wouldn’t turn around, and I never saw her again. I flew right out of that twoleg nest and I went looking for her, wanted to show her that we could do it together, the two of us, but… you know the rest. My other siblings died from the cold and from that illness, whatever it was. It was just me, then.”

Juniperpaw let out a deep, chest-heaving sigh, trying to hold back tears. She was stronger than this, she knew— she couldn’t show weakness like this, in front of her brother, no less. ”I’m glad you found me. I think it was the right choice to come with you all, too. I can't imagine my life without you now.”

It was another few seconds until the molly felt well enough to giggle, turning her big blue eyes back to Rainpaw. ”This is supposed to be a spar, you know. Are we gonna continue or are we just gonna stand here?”

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptySun 5 Feb 2023 - 17:07

RainpawSkyclan Camp

Rainpaw sat, tail over his paws, and he listened. His heart ached in his chest as Juniperpaw spoke of his mother, squeezed harder when she mentioned that she was the only survivor of her litter. Emotions, overwhelming, unfamiliar, difficult to parse, swirled in his chest, a mixture of his own long-forgotten emotions and an agonizing sympathy for what his sister must’ve gone through, all on her own, so young.

Rain leaned over as tears filled Juniperpaw’s eyes and he pressed his nose to her shoulder before leaning lightly against her. “I can’t imagine my life without you, either.” He admitted softly, eyes downcast as he just leaned against his sister. “I am sorry, Juniperpaw. That you had to go through that.” He looked up at her again. “You did what you could. All you could. With what you had, with what you knew..." He trailed off. "You couldn't have done anything more for her."

He’s quiet for a moment, as Juniperpaw is. Then he looked up at her again, met her big blue eyes, and went, “Oh, right.”

Without missing a beat, he reached over and smacked Juniperpaw in the shoulder, before leaping back to his feet and into a defensive position.

Rainpaw uses front paw blow, dealing -5 damage and costing -5 SP

Juniperpaw
9/20 HP (-5)
53/60 SP

Rainpaw
14/20 HP
40/60 SP (-5)

S

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 7:29

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw let out a faux offended gasp, clutching her shoulder with her other paw, but she couldn’t keep the smile off of her face. Rainpaw was so sweet, so understanding. It hit her then, soft like a monster, that she truly did all she could for her mother. Rainpaw was right— he always was, she thought with a smile— in that she was just a kit, and that she couldn’t do anymore than the little that she had, searching aimlessly in the snow.

Whatever had happened that cold winter night, she was part of SkyClan now. That was all that mattered.

Anyway.

They were supposed to be sparring, the two of them, not having a heart to heart. This seemed to always happen! Her and Rainpaw just couldn’t seem to stray away from deep conversation, even when they were play fighting.

Studying Rainpaw’s defensive position, Juniperpaw was quick to jump into action— his form seemed sloppy, probably still not taking the fight as seriously as Juniperpaw wished to. Ha! She’d show him! Twisting around his stanced-up form, the molly made a wild grab for Rainpaw’s fluffy tail. She managed, after a couple of wild snaps, to get it snug between her teeth, and as quick and as hard as she possibly could Juniperpaw pulled. Rainpaw was knocked out of his stance and onto the dirt, and Juniperpaw gave him a sweet, slightly sardonic smile from above. Game on.

Juniperpaw uses Tail Yank, costing 15 stamina and dealing seven points in damage! Rainpaw is stunned for one round.

Juniperpaw- 9 HP/ 38 SP

Rainpaw- 7 HP/ 40 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Into the Sun [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Sun [c]   Into the Sun [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Into the Sun [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: