Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2888

I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too Empty
PostSubject: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptySat 7 Jan 2023 - 10:17

Stormwatcher awoke from his nap as he heard some warrior (npc) and their apprentice going out to practice sparring.

He groaned internally… he knew that he should also be doing the same for stonepaw. Stormwatcher was never much of a fighter himself, too much personal risk really, he didn’t like getting hurt a lot. And he had so many mentors when he was an apprentice tossed from one to the next and each of them gave him different ways that he should fight which ended up with him being a pretty lousy fighter actually. Most just assumed that he would be a good fighter cause of his big size. “Just smack em around your like 2 times their size “ one of his old mentors had told him. But stormwatcher although very large and intimidating looking was much less scary than he actually looked. He was more so a giant fluff ball when it came to fighting.

Still, despite his personal opinions of fighting being very overrated and something that should be avoided at all costs he knew that his apprentice still needed to learn it. He already felt tired and the day hadn’t even begun yet. He dragged himself out of his warm nest with a sigh and padded over to the apprentice den.

“Erm… stonepaw? he called to his apprentice

It’s time for you to learn how to fight

I hope we don’t actually have to spar… and that I can just show you some basic stuff… but wolf will probably want you to have some actual practice … sigh

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5715

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptySat 7 Jan 2023 - 13:49

Stonepaw woke easily, perhaps a bit too easily, blinking up at her mentor with wide eyes for a moment before his words registered. Learn to fight.. "Sparring?" She asked hopefully, pulling herself from her nest and shaking out her fluffy pelt. She had noted her mentor's seeming reluctance in training, but was blissfully unaware of just how far it truly went. Stormwatcher would teach her what he could, of course, because he was her mentor. That he'd prefer to do so by excising as little effort as possible was something she had missed entirely.

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptySun 8 Jan 2023 - 11:10

Stormwatcher watched the excited apprentice awaken and get up. She looked so happy and ready to go train and spar. Her near instant response of wanting to spar made him want to scream internally… he had hoped to just get by with showing her the basic ideas. As big and intimidating as he looked, the big guy didn’t like fighting all that much and typically tried to avoid them.

But he knew that his future apprentice may one day be fighting side by side with him so it was in his best interest actually to be sure she was ready. Another investment into the future for himself?? (Oh right and the clan too he supposed but that came second to that of his own wants and needs). Then there was also a small tiny part of him that actually did care as much as he hated to admit it about her. He didn’t want her to be unready for battle, this was his apprentice after all and as much as he didn’t like having to train her and all the new responsibility that came with he couldn’t deny that it was a bit nice to see her progress… not that he would ever tell anyone that or try and let it get to him too much.

He had learned it best not to form relationships with others, his family all died when he was young and it was easier not to care so that when the inevitable came it was made easier. But as much as this was his mindset he couldn’t help but feel a very small attachment to his apprentice and a wanting for her to do well.

He gave a huff of a sigh and nodded yes… sparring it is he agreed leading her over to a softer patch of moss and clover where it would act as a Mat of sorts to practice their fighting.

Alright… the first thing you should know about fighting is you should try to avoid it. It’s meant as a last resort understood? I’m teaching you how to fight, not to fight any time you get mad or upset. If you can win your battles without ever having to extend a claw you are already the best warrior. Got it?. He didn’t want stonepaw thinking that just cause she had some fighting training that now she could take on anything thrown at her and he would not want to see her hurt in some battle unless fighting was her only option.

Protect your belly, and your neck. And attack your opponent in those same places. Hmm you are much smaller than I am so use your speed but don’t get caught by a larger opponents strikes

He showed her the basics of how to hit and such and then it was time to begin

Alright… let’s see what ya got

He fully realized that prior to all this twoleg nonsense that this would be about the time he would just be waking up and rolling over to maybe eat a breakfast before slinking off to avoid some patrols.

Wolf must really hate me he sighed jokingly to himself

Alright stonepaw. Let’s pretend that you have already tried to avoid the fight but now there is nothing else to be done. Birdstar has ordered her warriors to attack and I’m a big riverclan brute that’s gonna attack skyclan camp if I get past you. Attack me! he instructed wanting to see what his apprentice would do while also adding in a bit of a pretend story/situation to make it feel more real.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptySun 8 Jan 2023 - 12:24

The apprentice followed Stormwatcher to the cleared, grassy spot, turning to face him and listening intently as he spoke. First a warning about not getting into unnecessary fights. Stonepaw nodded in understanding at her mentor's words. Claws shouldn't be a first resort, and only used if necessary. Protect the belly and throat, right. That made sense. "Okay." She mewed. She was smaller than Stormwatcher, but that wouldn't last for long with how the apprentice had grown recently. Not giving the warrior a chance to move first, she bounded forward, sheathed paws lifting to slam into his shoulders.

Stonepaw used Jumping Strike for -7 sp, dealing -6+3 damage.

Stonepaw

20 / 20 hp
53 / 60 sp (60 - 7)

Stormwatcher
21 / 30 hp (30 - 9)
80 / 80 sp

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptySun 8 Jan 2023 - 17:34

Stormwatcher tripped over himself a bit when he was smacked into. She had quite a bit of force behind her more so than he had expected. Regaining his balance the mentor did his best to launch a counterattack back at her.

He managed to catch her side with his paw and hit at her.

He was very careful not to use claws. This was his apprentice and the idea was to help her train and learn fighting not to hurt her. Besides… as mentioned earlier he had begun to somewhat care about her as much as he hated to admit that was possible

Stormwatcher uses front paw blow for 5 dmg and 5 sp

Stonepaw
15 / 20 hp (-5)
53 / 60 sp

Stormwatcher
21 / 30 hp
75 / 80 sp (-5)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 6:44

Stormwatcher's paw found her side, and Stonepaw tried not to wince. This was a spar, after all, she should've expected him to do something like that. Well, she would just need to play dirty then. Eyes narrowing, she darted around her mentor, aiming to sink her teeth into his tail and pull him off balance. He couldn't focus on beating her to a pulp if he was too busy trying not to faceplant into the frost-speckled grass, right?

Stonepaw used Tail Yank for -15 sp, dealing -7 damage. Stormwatcher is stunned for this turn.

Stonepaw

15 / 20 hp
38 / 60 sp (53 - 15)

Stormwatcher
14 / 30 hp (21 - 7)
75 / 80 sp

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 15:35

Stormwatcher stumbled over his big paws when his tail was suddenly sharply yanked tipping him off balance.

well played ... well played. She fights like she hunts, a natural

Luckily for him however he was able to recover somewhat quickly shaking away the dizzyness from his eyes.

Stormwatcher uses random recall for -5 sp and has overcome the stun

He spotted that she was momentarly still for a bit and charged right at her next and ran smack into her full barbarian style like the big brute figthing style that he kinda was.

Stormwatcher uses Headbutt for 5 dmg and 5 sp

He was not one to like to waste energy on such tasks... but even he had to admit this was kinda fun. It reminded him of getting to play with his own siblings back when he was a kit... but they never hit as hard as his apprentice did now.

Stonepaw
10 / 20 hp (-5)
38 / 60 sp

Stormwatcher
14 / 30 hp
70 / 80 sp (-5)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 16:07

Stormwatcher's head rammed her shoulder, and the apprentice stumbled in surprise, a soft grunt escaping her. She reached out with a paw, aiming again for Stormwatcher's exposed shoulder.

Stonepaw used Front Paw Strike for -7 sp, dealing -6 damage.

Stonepaw

10 / 20 hp
31 / 60 sp (38 - 7)

Stormwatcher
8 / 30 hp (14 - 6)
70 / 80 sp

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 16:15

Stormwatcher was so far very suprised by how well his apprentice was doing. He for one was already tired and knew that if this were a real fight he might actually be in some amount of trouble... maybe it was a bit of a wake up call that he should actually try and get more in fighting shape in case something bad did happen as it did appear that bad things happening were more and more common to their clan, nonetheless he fought back

Stormwatcher uses front paw blow 5 dmg and 5 sp

He was pretty sure that she was almost done but he also felt like he didnt have alot left... this fight was much closer than he thought it should have been.

Stonepaw
5 / 20 hp (-5)
31 / 60 sp

Stormwatcher
8 / 30 hp
65 / 80 sp (-5)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 16:41

Seeing Stormwatcher's paw coming, Stonepaw sidestepped, swiping out with her own forepaw as she dodged, successful in her counterattack. Her mentored seemed to be flagging a bit, like she was. She couldn't decide if the spar had actually taken that much out of him, or if he was playing it up, but... Perhaps it was the former.

Stonepaw used Dodge and Fight for -7 sp, counterattack of -5 damage was successful.

Stonepaw

10 / 20 hp (damage negated)
24 / 60 sp (31 - 7)

Stormwatcher
3 / 30 hp (8 - 5)
65 / 80 sp

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured

Last edited by kjSage on Mon 9 Jan 2023 - 16:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15128

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 16:41

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too Mistpe10
I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 16:47

The speed of his apprentice once again caught him off gaurd and Stormwatcher was left once again staggering a bit over himself compared to her quick moving out of the way of his attack.

He was hoping he would not lose to his own apprentice... sigh... ill never hear the end of this from wolf if she wins this

He gave one more solid attempt to finish this off

He saw a risky and one time opportunity as she dodged that had actually left a bit of a chance for counterplay and he went for it

Stormwatcher attemtps to leap for a belly rake

His apprentice never saw it coming, her dodge had worked nicely except for the fact it left her completly exposed for a quick slide under and he smacked at her exposed belly but was very careful not to actually claw or be too hard. But in a real fight she would have been in real bad trouble there.

He tagged her a couple more times then rolled back up to his paws.

"Alright... thats enough for now he purred between heavy panting.

you are pretty tough

He tried to remain expressionless but couldnt help the smallest of smiles, she had done pretty good. But for now he was looking forward to a nice break

"Not bad, not bad at all. Just remember to keep your belly more protected next time alright? I dont want any riverclan fishfaces doing that to you for real if this was a real battle"

He glanced at the sun lowering in the sky. "okay... enough training for today... Now then? did you do your elder duties and such? he asked with a half yawn.

He personally really didnt care if she had done them or not but it was a little excuse to get her out of his fur for the moment. As much as he hated to admit it, he DID like training with her... but for right now after all that he needed a big nap and maybe a big juicy fresh kill piece.

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Mon 9 Jan 2023 - 16:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15128

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 16:47

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too Mistpe10
I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too EmptyTue 10 Jan 2023 - 9:49

Stonepaw's dodge and counterattack had left her open... And too late did she realize that mistake when Stormwatcher's paws caught her belly. The apprentice landed on the ground, panting as she gazed up at her mentor. The wind had been knocked out of her, so it took her a moment to be able to speak again.

"Yeah I... Realized that a bit late, didn't I?" She grimaced, stretching as she sat up to face him. Elder duties... Right. Not that Skyclan had much in the way of elders or queens anymore, just a few kits to make sure were fed and had clean nests. "I'll get them fresh kill, if one of the other apprentices hasn't already gotten to it." She mewed. Skyclan seemed to have as many apprentices as they did warriors and very few cats that weren't of those ranks... It meant that duties beyond sparring and patrolling were decently spread out at least.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too   I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too Empty

Back to top Go down

I guess I should actually teach you how to fight too
Page 1 of 1