Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5703

Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] Empty
PostSubject: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 0:30

It had been a few days since the twolegs had left her, and Brackenwing had settled into an uneasy routine of sorts. Wake up, hunt, avoid the dogs. Try to avoid the Shadowclanner and stick near her own clanmate. Wonder how in Starclan's name they were supposed to get away from this farm and back to their own territory.

Right now, she was hunting. Despite the cold of leafbare and the snow on the ground, mice were plentiful among the strange twoleg structures. She missed rabbit and hare, but the rabbits that were here were kept in small pens lined by the same silvery mesh that had lined the trap Brackenwing had found herself caught in. Perhaps the twolegs had captured them too, for whatever reason. A shame, as they were fat, slow creatures who would've made a better meal than mice, for much less effort.

Avoiding the dogs while hunting was something she'd managed so far, though the ever-present scent on the wind still made her uneasy as she made her way back towards where she'd left Whisperear. Her leg felt fine now, though, and she was glad to be moving around like normal instead of stuck in a nest all day. Spotting her friend, she padded toward her fellow Windclanner, happy to see that the Shadowclanner who was here was nowhere in sight for the moment.

"Hey," She mewed, dropping the pair of mice at their paws.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2972

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyTue 10 Jan 2023 - 2:59

Whisperear

Whisperear was almost growing accustomed to living here on the farm. It was not as comfortable as WindClan’s camp, and the ever-present dogs on the outskirts of the farm made their fur bristle, but they had spent enough time here that it was not quite so jarring every time they woke up in this place. They longed for home, but it didn’t hurt them quite as badly to open their eyes every morning and be met with the sight of the barn instead.

Brackenwing being here certainly helped. Whisperear missed all of their friends terribly, and while they were not happy to see that Brackenwing had been taken, they were at least grateful that she had been brought here so they could be together through this. Brackenwing was probably the oldest friend that Whisperear had who was still here, and so they held Brackenwing close in their heart.

Her appearance made them smile. Thank you, they said regarding the mice. The twolegs leave out bowls of hard, dried food pellets that were unappetizing. They filled them up, sure, but it was nothing like actual prey. Whisperear regarded the kittypet food as a last resort for when they could not capture any prey, and thankfully with Brackenwing here, that essentially never happened anymore. Would you like to eat together? We can rest under the tree. They pointed towards one of the trees on the farm property. It provided some nice respite from the snow, and the days had not been terribly cold this bareleaf. Nothing like their first winter when they were a kit, anyway.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyTue 10 Jan 2023 - 8:04

Whisperear seemed glad to see her, pointing out a tree they could sit under. A tree whose shaded area was clear of snow. Excellent. "Sure, alright." Brackenwing agreed, turning towards the indicated spot.

"The twolegs have trapped rabbits that are almost as big as hares. There's some sort of tendrils around their den, though. Similar to what they've used for their traps." She complained, "I wish we could get around it somehow... But I suppose mice are better than the muck they've been leaving out." Oh, how she missed catching rabbits and hares. Not that Brackenwing was particularly good at it, her build far from the typical Windclan cat. Courtesy of the father she'd never had the chance to know. Admittedly, she didn't want to know him anytime soon, mostly out of sheer self-preservation. But perhaps they would at least escape and find their way to Windclan eventually, where rabbits and hares could be hunted once more.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyThu 12 Jan 2023 - 3:59

Whisperear

Whisperear had seen the rabbits in question a few times when they wandered around the farm grounds. The sight of the rabbits often made them hungry, and they longed to be back at home, sharing rabbit rather than the constant mice. But the mice were still better than the kittypet food, so they tried not to complain.

Could you imagine if we were able to entrap rabbits the way twolegs could? Whisperear asked with a small smile. I don’t think any of WindClan would starve again. Though, we may grow lazy if we no longer had to chase our meals. Whisperear was no better at catching prey than Brackenwing—worse, honestly—but it was still fun to sprint along the moors and try and pounce on rabbits far out of their reach. Even if it did leave them feeling exhausted as well.

I think we’ll get a chance to escape, Whisperear meowed. There was one night where a storm came through, and the twolegs brought the dogs into their nest instead of leaving them outside. No one was brave enough to leave that day, too worried about getting injured in the storm and not finding their way home…But if something like that happens again, if we are together, it should be easier.

It pained them to not escape that day. They were worried that perhaps the dogs still were lurking there, or they remembered that hail storm at fourtrees once which harmed so many cats. The storm may have been an opportunity from StarClan that day, but they had been too worried to take the chance. With Brackenwing at their side, though…perhaps escape would be possible again.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyThu 12 Jan 2023 - 8:27

"Being able to trap prey like that would solve plenty of problems." She agreed, "I don't know about you, but I could get used to not chasing down prey as often." She admitted. "The mice around here have been... oddly easy to catch. I'm not sure if they're just that unused to being hunted, or if not having to sprint after them agrees with me more." Stars know she wasn't cut out for sprinting. Neither was Whisperear, if for a different reason. The two of them found ways to make it work, though. Usually.

"Huh, I don't think I've seen the dogs be brought in once since I've been here." She observed, "I feel like I'm always looking over my shoulder for one or the other. Or the Shadowclanners, for that matter. If a storm scares the twolegs enough to take their dogs elsewhere, maybe we can take the next opportunity that gives us. You're right that it would be better to escape together. Who knows how far we actually are from the clans." Anything was worth a shot, Brackenwing had decided. The Shadowclanners could eat dirt for all she cared, and she wasn't too fond of the loners either, but Whisperear? She'd escape with her clanmate by her side if she could.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 2:13

Whisperear

Whisperear nodded and took bites as she spoke. They swallowed and meowed, The ShadowClan cats aren’t too bad. I had a nice conversation with one of them, Thalia. They’re certainly nothing like Nightstar. Even mentioning the ShadowClan leader made their face sour a bit. They had not had good interaction with Nightstar before they were leader, and so being in a shaky alliance with him and his clan now did leave much to be desired. Nightstar and those other two cats who had been aggressive with them when Rosepaw crossed the boundary…Whisperear did not have much respect for those three. They could not blame Brackenwing for not thinking well of ShadowClan cats after such an encounter, and others that she had had. It was nice to know that there were cats like Thalia who were not so alike to Nightstar.

We’ll be on the lookout for another opportunity, Whisperear agreed. They also could not say how far they were from the clans. After so much time spent at the Cutter before being taken here, it was hard to determine much of anything about this place. I’m sure we can find our way back. The forest will always call for us. Either way, we’ll have each other to keep company on the journey.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 7:47

"I remember dragging Rosepaw to camp by the ear. I don't know why our apprentices insist on poking the bear like they do." Whisperpaw had been there for it, of course. A much more reasonable cat than anyone else had been that day. "I met the tom, Sable, on patrol with Silverwing once, he was with Nightstar.. It didn't go well, but at least there wasn't bloodshed." Brackenwing muttered, "Nightstar needs to stick to disciplining his own clanmates, not Windclan's. I don't like how he pokes his nose into our business either." She shook her head. She hadn't meant to rant about the Shadowclan leader, but she didn't like or trust him.

"Thalia... I don't believe I've seen them around. If his clanmates aren't like him maybe there's hope for Shadowclan." She wasn't sure she believed her own words, and Shadowclan was a threat either way, but while they were all trapped here, they needed to work together. "We'll find a way, we have to." She vowed. "Maybe Windclan will even be in our own camp by then." Highstones hadn't been nice to live in, that was for sure. Not to mention the strain of being so close to another clan for so long.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyThu 19 Jan 2023 - 2:28

Whisperear

Whisperear’s expression soured a bit at the memory of that day with Rosepaw. They missed the second Rosepaw terribly, despite her bad attitude and habit of running into trouble. They were not like the first Rosepaw, Whisperear’s first friend, but they were still someone that they cared about. Further stories about the other cats that Brackenwing ran into made their ear flick. No wonder Brackenwing did not care for ShadowClan cats, after running into them with so much trouble.

They were grateful for the continuation of the other conversation, and they latched onto that to leave the ShadowClan subject behind. I had heard that WindClan and ShadowClan were living at the Highstones…I don’t think I could be comfortable there. I hope that I won’t have to experience it when we return. They wanted to be back in their own nest, and to visit Batsong and Birchpaw in the medicine den, and enjoy the days outside again.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Thu 19 Jan 2023 - 6:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyThu 19 Jan 2023 - 2:46

"The ground was rough underpaw and it was always windy. But colder than our territory ever got. Not as much prey up there, either. I hope neither clan is still there whenever we can make it out of here." Brackenwing had never made the journey to highstones as an apprentice, her training had been completed under the dark forest's reign. She couldn't say she envied those that had to go up there, even if it wasn't such an extensive trip as staying there for weeks. "Wouldn't have thought the twolegs would go that far in placing their traps, but they did. They're good at hiding them too." The traps being dangerous went without saying. Hopefully the rest of their clanmates were not as unaware as Brackenwing had been of where she placed her paws that day.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nowhere to Go [Whisperear]   Nowhere to Go [Whisperear] EmptyMon 23 Jan 2023 - 7:53

Whisperear

Whisperear wrinkled their nose at the mention of the traps. They did wish that Brackenwing had not been taken, even if they were grateful for her company now that she was here. They finished off their mouse and then settled down beside her. Hopefully the rest of the clan has been made aware of the danger, so no one else will be taken. And when we get out of here, hopefully they will be back in WindClan territory.

They did wonder how long it would be before they got a chance to escape from here. It could be tomorrow, or it could be moons from now. Whisperear lowered their head and rested their chin on their paws. For now…they supposed they were content being here with Brackenwing. There was no point in worrying or trying to rush something too quickly.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP