Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

reliving memories [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

reliving memories [c] Empty
PostSubject: reliving memories [c]   reliving memories [c] EmptySat 31 Dec 2022 - 6:04

((Set just after Dawn returns))

It had been a long journey home. Dawnfeather’s tough pads were aching, and hunger gnawed at her gut- but now that she was home, really home, she could rest, content in the knowledge that Foxpaw was okay, and Wolfblossom, and everyone else she’d come to know. Laying her head down on the grass, an ever-so-slightly-familiar scent hit her nose, one that reminded her of the hollow in the old oak, and happy times spent talking, and so much more.

The golden she-cat raised her head, looking around, the tiniest spark of hope present in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Characters : Patchpaw, Beetlestrike
Clan/Rank : [P] TC Apprentice, [B] SkC T1 Warrior
Virgo Rooster
Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: reliving memories [c]   reliving memories [c] EmptySat 31 Dec 2022 - 21:10

Beetlepaw was returning from hunting, something that he found himself spending most of his time doing since returning to the Clan. The squirrel in his jaws made it hard to make out any other scents, but as he entered the temporary camp he could've sworn he smelled a very familiar scent. Golden eyes scanned the camp, not daring to hope he was actually correct. Surely it was just the jumble of smells that was SkyClan and the fresh-kill mingling together.

His golden eyes met a pair of blue eyes, and his heart stopped for a beat and he could hear the blood rushing in his ears. And then the large black tom was bounding over to the golden she-cat's side, a loud purr reverberating in his chest.

"Dawnfeather! You're alright!" Without even thinking about what he was doing, he buried his face in her fur, finally truly feeling like he was home.
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: reliving memories [c]   reliving memories [c] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 7:34

It was him.

The exhaustion that weighed down her limbs vanished in a fraction of a moment, swept away by a tide of joy. Her heart pounded in her ears. The feeling of his fur against hers- the tears that clouded her vision- Dawnfeather curled around him, voice lost in an overwhelming wave of blurred emotion. Her heart felt light, truly light, for the first time in ages- he was here. He was here. He wasn’t just a trick of the mind- he was here.

“I missed you so much,” she purred, her voice trembling. “So much. I’m so glad you’re back- so glad- oh, thank the stars,” she murmured, squeezing her eyes shut, tears dripping onto his pelt.
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: reliving memories [c]   reliving memories [c] EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 9:38

The warmth of her body was the true feeling of coming home that Beetlepaw had been missing since his return. For the first time in moons he felt truly grounded, yet somehow lighter like the weight of missing her had been a real physical burden.

Feeling her tears, he curled himself closer around her, nuzzling and licking her cheek. He felt tears threaten in his own eyes, and blinked them away, not wanting them to cloud his vision, unwilling to let anything block the sight of Dawnfeather.

"I missed you so much, too. I'm here. You're here. We're okay." His words jumbled over each other as he tried to reassure both her and himself. "I'm never leaving you again, okay? I swear to StarClan. I'm so sorry."

[#a4af78]                     [#ffc900]
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: reliving memories [c]   reliving memories [c] EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 5:44

“‘S alright,” she mumbled, drowning in the feeling of his long, thick fur against hers. Stars. How long had it been since she had been the one to receive comfort, instead of giving it, like she had to Foxpaw? Beechaunt, she supposed- but now, curled around Beetle, her heart throbbing, she felt truly safe- and inspired that feeling in him as well. “I’ve gotten lost before too. Just glad you’re home. You’re home. I- we’re both home.” It was hard to think through the exaltation, and through the previous exhaustion of running all day for days on end, but- she didn’t need to. She was here, with him, and even as Dawnfeather started to drift off, wonderfully comfortable in his long pelt, she was not worried. She let her eyes flutter closed- and a sweet sense of safety she hadn’t felt since she’d lost Prima filled her heart. All was well.
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: reliving memories [c]   reliving memories [c] EmptyThu 5 Jan 2023 - 22:31

Beetlepaw could feel her tiredness as she relaxed into him. He was glad he could offer her some comfort, the tension he had felt in her told him more than she ever could of how much stress she had endured. Home. They were both home, together. It was every dream of his come true, and the displaced feeling he had continued to struggle with since returning to SkyClan melted away.

Knowing she was about to fall fully asleep, Beetlepaw had to get a few words in first. He had to tell her. It had been seasons that he had kept his feelings close to himself, and now...Just in case something awful happened...No, that wasn't the only reason. He just needed to tell her.

"I love you, Dawnfeather," he licked the top of her head, settling his chin over her to get comfortable enough that he, too, could sleep, "Sweet dreams."

[#a4af78]                     [#ffc900]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reliving memories [c]   reliving memories [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

reliving memories [c]
Page 1 of 1