Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sweet happy golden years [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

sweet happy golden years [c] Empty
PostSubject: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 14:17

Dawnfeather had escaped tragedy after tragedy. Sometimes, it seemed that her aunt’s predictions were right- that SkyClan was plagued by ill luck, bringing disaster in its, and by extension her, wake. She wasn’t sure if she believed that- for every disaster and tragedy, the golden times were that much sweeter. That much more precious. That much more of a happy memory she’d carry with her through every trouble and trial and tribulation.

Today would be one of those days.

She’d told her apprentice that she could sleep in, today, and instead in the early morning her soft touch woke her son- not by blood, but by spirit, and their bond was all the stronger for that fact. “Come along, Fox’paw,” she whispered, silhouetted by the rising sun. “Let’s go on a walk. The forest is beautiful in the early morning.” She did not even know his mentor- ah, it pained her, to have missed so much of her son’s life already. Perhaps he could learn to tree-fly? Surely some of the lower limbs were clear enough of snow… but the traps were a constant danger. Dawnfeather would not lose Foxpaw to anything… perhaps, instead, they’d just skirt the rim of Fourtrees.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 15:30

─FOXPAW
He hadn't slept in very often since becoming an apprentice, he had spent his entire kithood wanting to escape from the confines of Fourtrees and now that he could (with a warrior present) he hadn't wasted a moment. Since Dawnfeather's return however, he felt like a bag of boulders was lifted off his shoulders. Sleeping came easy and dreamless, his life was back to normal. As normal as it could get.

He stirred gently, peeling open an eye to look at her as she spoke to him. Her voice was as angelic as the first time they met. "Yes ma'am." He gave a glance over his shoulder in the general direction of where the warriors slept. He'd catch up with Thornstalker after their walk. Surely his mentor wouldn't mind.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 15:49

Dawnfeather beamed happily, brushing her tail over Foxpaw’s shoulder. “How is your apprenticeship going?” She asked, purring softly as she led the way towards the forest with a meandering gait. “Who’s your mentor? I’m so sorry that I wasn’t able to be there for you… I hope you’re enjoying the freedom apprenticeship grants.” She herself had enjoyed being able to roam with… although occasionally she had gotten into border spats. “As soon as our territory becomes safer, I’ll show you some of my favorite spots, okay?” Not the Hollow Oak… that was her and Beetle, only and now and forever, but the willow-branches that hung over the Moonlit Creek, and the… something. She’d remember as soon as she returned, she was sure.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 17:40

─FOXPAW
"Real good. Anyday now I think the big Bird'll make me a warrior." he remarked, truthfully it was going slower than he imagined, he hadn't realized how much work went into becoming a warrior! All this training hubbub. Gah! He just wanted to get in fights, and hunt for the clan on his own; all the warrior things Rita told him about when he was little. "Thornstalker. She's real..fun. I think she's Wolfblossom's old apprentice." Foxpaw mused, "You don't have to worry 'bout me, I'm just glad you escaped the Two-legs." His ears pricked at the thought of exploring more of Skyclan territory, something he hadn't been able to do quite yet. He grinned, "I'll hold ya to it."  

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyThu 29 Dec 2022 - 6:01

The big bird- Dawnfeather stifled a snort of amusement. Ah- Foxpaw never failed to make her laugh. “Thornstalker…” the golden she-cat mused. The short one, patterning somewhat similar to her own. Surely she couldn’t tree-fly… which meant that it might be up to her to teach her son the ways of old SkyClan. “I’ve seen her about- she’s new, since Beechaunt and Bloodstrike and Prima. She looks nice,” she decided firmly. “Ah, but,” she teased him, gently headbutting his shoulder. “It’s my job to worry about you. I am too… will this make the third time I’ve escaped Twolegs? You might consider me something of an expert upon the subject,” she brushed her tail over his back. “Now, what do you want to do? We can hunt, or spar, or anything that tickles your fancy- but we can’t go too far. I still have an apprentice to train, you know,” she purred.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyThu 29 Dec 2022 - 19:38

─FOXPAW
Beech, Bloodstrike, Prima...all these names went in one ear and out the other, but he nodded as if he knew all the same. She was nice, indeed. They hadn't spent much time together except[t the occasional patrol of course, but he had also decided she was a nice and capable mentor. He also decided he needed to get closer to her, he wanted to bond more with his mentor. He'd make an effort to be the picture-perfect mentor-apprentice duo. Unstoppable even.

Foxpaw let out a little laugh, truth be told, he believed Dawnfeather was an expert at everything, the best of the best! Top of the line! An angel in the flesh! "What about some tree climbin'? My skills are nothin you'd talk about at a gatherin' or nothin' but definitely better than when I first tried climbin' a tree. I'll tell you that." the apprentice meowed, shaking his head and laughing. He could barely get his claws into the bark back in the day, their bark was so much different than climbing fences and twoleg dens.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyFri 30 Dec 2022 - 6:00

Tree climbing? Stars yes. Dawnfeather let out a trilling laugh, her paws gaining some new-found energy as she picked up the pace. “You’ve come to the right cat for that! Here- let’s head just a little more into our territory.” The golden she-cat led the way among the trees, keeping a careful eye out for traps. There shouldn’t be any this close to Fourtrees, but one could never be too careful… especially when the one in question often trips over her own tail when on the ground. ”Alright. I- hrm. Typically, I just leap up onto the lowest limb, but if there isn’t one you can leap to, you have to find little dips or nooks in the bark and sink your claws into them.” She bunched up, staring up the closest tree- then Dawnfeather leapt. Memories of sweet times spent with Olive and Smokema and Prima and Muddy and Beechaunt flooded through her head as she sunk her claws into the bark, speedily whisking herself away up into the trees- low enough so that Foxpaw could still see her, but high enough that the branches swayed under her weight, just a tad, filling her with the excitement of adrenaline.

She probably should wait and instruct him first- but once Dawnfeather set paw in the trees, it was hard to stop- and so the lithe she-cat whirled through the branches, each pawstep familiar. She leapt and soared, every other landing sending unaccustomed jolts through her joints- but she didn’t care. Dawnfeather was tree-flying, instinct and reaction guiding her paws as she danced through the branches. It was glorious and perfect and wonderful, and the breath caught in her lungs as she hung, for a moment, impossibly high in mid-air, before catching a branch with her front claws and tossing herself down the tree head-first, as if gravity were something her whim and fancy could control. She knew- deep down- that this was dangerous, that eventually, something would snap- but it was too wonderful, too perfect, and Dawnfeather simply would not give it up.

Landing in a pile of leaves next to Foxpaw, Dawnfeather grinned. She had not done this enough. “We have to start small, though. I learned from the best- and I’m lucky enough to be built for it. Let’s see… how about making a bound for that limb, there?” She pointed with her tail to a low, thick limb- certainly within Dawnfeather’s own abilities, but hovering on the edge of what an untrained apprentice might be able to do. If he couldn’t make it, there was a deep drift of leaves underneath to cushion his fall. ”And remember,” she added cheerfully, “There’s no shame in not being very good in the trees. Prima and Muddy and Beechaunt- all very bad tree-wise, but much better than me at, say, not being clumsy on the ground. Trees aren’t everywhere, unfortunately…” The golden she-cat flexed her claws, working some of the stiffness out of her limbs. Goodness. It wasn’t like she was old…
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptySat 31 Dec 2022 - 2:01

─FOXPAW
Foxpaw put a skip in his step to keep up, his mother's energy giving him energy in turn. His long legs, which gained more muscle every day, easily allowed him to keep up. He filed the information he was given away in his mind for future use. Lowest limb...nooks and crannys in the bark. Sounded easy enough. But Dawnfeather just made it look so easy. He shook his pelt and gave a big grin. He had to learn how to do that. To master the branches. That would make more cats like him. If he could fly through the trees as Dawnfeather did.

His hind legs weren't as strong as Skyclanner's quite yet, but his bone structure definitely favored him and with practice, he could get there. Foxpaw smiled, "I got this." he meowed strongly, mostly reassuring himself. Yeah. He could do this. He climbed trees with Lightningpaw, this is just taking it up a notch. Easy.

Foxpaw tightened every muscle in his hind legs, haunches wiggling as he trained his eyes on his target. Then he launched - the branch was coming at him fast and furious, but to him everything happened in slow motion. His claws stretched out and came down hard on his target branch. He felt it sway slightly beneath him at the force of his jump, but it was thick enough to hold his weight, no doubt. He felt a rush of pride following his adrenaline. The apprentice couldn't help but let out a breath with a laugh, "Easy-peasy!"

Now that he made the first jump, he was addicted. Foxpaw needed to experience that feeling again. He narrowed his eyes on a branch further up. There were clearly other branches that were safer bets but this one was just too juicy. He had to try. He squeezed his muscles tight and launched for a second time. "Uh-oh." he screeched as he watched the target branch fly past him. He had overshot it. His claws reached out at anything he could grab, his paws were able to grab ahold of it but he was only able to scramble to get his upper body onto the branch. Limbs were flying, kicking, and trying to gain traction in the air. He looked over his shoulder as he started to hyperventilate. This was not part of the plan. Foxpaw's eyes suddenly spotted a knot in the bark of the tree close to him and he shoved his back claws into the trunk and pushed with all his might. After a moment of struggle, he was finally able to get the rest of his body on the branch. Whew.

"All part of the plan!" he shouted down to Dawnfeather, a smile on his maw but his back legs betrayed him as they were visibly shaking with fatigue.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptySat 31 Dec 2022 - 6:12

Foxpaw made the jump, and Dawnfeather trilled in delight. Yes- maybe she could train someone else to tree-fly. He wasn’t quite as built for it as she herself, but he was tall and somewhat lanky, with a long enough tail to serve as a good rudder, and he could build up the right muscles easily. The young tom aimed for another branch, one a bit far away for such an inexperienced climber- but where others might’ve halted him, Dawnfeather said nothing. There was a deep drift of leaves beneath him, after all. This was how she’d learned- knowing that a fall would hurt. There was nothing quite like adrenaline to keep one alive.

All part of the plan? Dawnfeather quirked an eyebrow, smiling as she followed in his pawsteps, albeit with much more grace and ease. “You’ve got to be careful,” she purred, gently cuffing his ears. “Climbing- always jump to the closest branch that will do. I never jump spaces I’m not sure I can clear, unless I’m very low and prepared to fall. Why don’t you try to get to that tree-“ She pointed with her tail at the tree next to them, close enough that some of the branches nearly touched. “Your recovery was good, though,” she added fondly. What a pawful- but a wonderful pawful indeed.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptySun 1 Jan 2023 - 23:42

─FOXPAW
Despite his legs feeling tired, he was so determined to learn and show Dawnfeather he could do it that the momentary fatigue meant nothing to him. Careful? After his journey as a kit, he felt like he could do anything. The stars were looking out for him. He was sure.

Nodding briskly, he set his eyes on the tree next to his branch and took in how it got thinner near the end. Hmm.

You got this kid. This is easy. Just a little jump.

He carefully made his way as far as he could to the end of his branch without bending too much and launched himself onto the next tree. His paws his the bark and he was home free! "Ha!" he laughed. Nearly vibrating with excitement. But upon further inspection, especially when looking at the ground he tilted his head. Dawnfeather had just landed in a pile of leaves. Floated to the ground like a butterfly -really. "Uh now I just gotta get down." Right.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 7:26

Foxpaw seemed to take in her words, carefully padding down the branch before leaping to the next- wonderful! Dawnfeather purred in excitement, tempered with amusement as the young tom looked down at the ground. Ah, yes. She dealt with the terror of being so high up by convincing herself that the ground wasn’t really real, that she could fall forever- but Foxpaw couldn’t. Fall forever. “You’re not very far off the ground, dear,” she called, craning her neck. Not more than a fox-length. Perhaps enough to jolt a cat unused to falling, or strain muscles that were getting old- not that she was. Getting old.

“You can jump, or head down the trunk, like so.” Instead of heading down head-first as she tended to do, the golden she-cat carefully navigated down the trunk of her tree, hooking her claws into every nook and cranny. “Or you can jump- use your tail as a rudder, and land on your paws. It really isn’t as far as it looks.” Standing on the ground, she was certain that she could’ve leapt up and hooked the branch with her front paws- but Dawnfeather was used to heights, and Foxpaw was not.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 1:54

─FOXPAW
He sucked in a breath and looked down. The ground felt further away than it was. This was different than climbing fences in Twolegplace. Dawnfeather was watching him, he didn't want to make the jump and fall and look silly.

But as he looked at it for a few more moments he supposed if he thought about it he wasn't too high. With the encouragement of Dawnfeather he felt like he had the confidence of a lion. The shaking in his legs intensified as he got in position to make a leap toward the ground. Tail rudder. Got it. Easy-peasy. C'mon, you're no kit. Just jump!

With his little mental pep-talk, Foxpaw took another breath in and out, braced himself, and lept. There was a momentary pit in his stomach as he prepared to nosedive toward the ground. Thump. His paws stung slightly as he landed but he did just that. He landed! He was sure he would get used to the heights, surely.

"I did it mama!"

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 15:09

“Wonderful job, dear!” Dawnfeather purred, rubbing her cheek against his. His words made her heart sing- she’d never had the chance, really, to tell Hollowpaw how much she loved him- but with Foxpaw, she wouldn’t make the same mistake. “Your paws might sting a little, right? If they hurt too bad, we can ask Plumleaf for some… some…” She knew this one. She’d used it before. What was the name- she could see it in her mind, clear as day, but the word wouldn’t come to her tongue. No matter. “Some herbs. Your pads will harden soon enough, though. Don’t forget to bend your legs a little- never fall with them straight!” The golden warrior looked up at the sun- the morning was wearing on, wasn’t it? “We’d better start heading back. Anything else before you return to your training and I to Mistpaw’s?”
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 20:59

─FOXPAW
Wondeful job, dear!

Foxpaw purred, committing Dawnfeather's words to memory. Her praise meant everything to him, words couldn't describe the love he had for her. He knew how much she cared for him, even if she didn't explicitly say the words, he knew and it was the reason he got out of his den in the morning. How did she know his paws would sting? Ugh, she really was the best. She took care of him, and pushed him to be his best self - it was all he could ask for in a mother. And it was ten times more than what Rita ever did for him. "Mmm, I think I got it down. Next time I'll be flyin' just like you!" he promised, he followed her gaze to the sun. Oh boy, he hoped he wasn't late for any training of his own. Seeing Thornstalker mad was not on his to-do list. With his mentor in mind, he reached to touch noses with his mother in farewell before scampering off towards where he saw Thornstalker last, chirping a quick, "See ya later!" over his shoulder.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] EmptyThu 5 Jan 2023 - 11:22

Oh dear. What a little scamp. Dawnfeather shook her head fondly as she touched noses with her son, watching him scurry off. A few tears glistened in her eyes as she watched his retreating form- she loved him. Yet it seemed that every single SkyClanner was doomed to be beaten down and broken again and again- unwanted, unwelcome memories resurfaced, murder in the dead of night, huddling in a den, defenseless- being held down, claws at her throat, watching her dearest ones stare in abject terror as the heavy knowledge that they couldn’t reach her in time froze her in place- returning through freezing temperatures and sudden storms only to find her mother and brother gone after her, watching her best friend be taken by Twolegs while she couldn’t do a thing- both best friends. Finding Beechaunt gone, and Holly, and Wasp- more tears welled up in her eyes, one after the other. She wouldn’t let that happen to Foxpaw- she’d protect him from the heavy despair of finding everyone you’d ever loved gone.

She couldn’t- she kept her eyes locked on her son through the mist of tears. Returning to find that Olive had worked herself to death and she wasn’t there to stop it- that Beechaunt and Bloodstrike were exiled and she wasn’t there to stop it- that Rabbitchaser had died to a dog’s fearsome jaws and she wasn’t there to stop it- that Hollowpaw had disappeared and she wasn’t there to stop it- barely getting to speak to Dandelion before her last remaining friend was snatched by Twolegs and she wasn’t there to stop it- stop it! She- she wouldn’t think about it. Now was all that mattered, and now? Now she had Foxpaw, and Smokekit, and Beetle once more, and Wolfblossom and Mistpaw and Stonepaw. Everything would be okay. Everything would be okay.

Dawnfeather had always been a silent crier, and when she followed her son into Fourtrees, only the slightest hint of a tear glistened in her eyes. She- she was happy. Today had been the sort of day she’d treasure to the end. As the golden she-cat went to fetch her apprentice, she forced some lightness into her step. Everything would be okay.

She just had to have hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sweet happy golden years [c]   sweet happy golden years [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

sweet happy golden years [c]
Page 1 of 1