Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i could really use a wish right now (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2513

i could really use a wish right now (closed) Empty
PostSubject: i could really use a wish right now (closed)   i could really use a wish right now (closed) EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 13:21

Nothing seemed to matter anymore.

When Dovesight had passed, something cracked inside of Kitespring's psyche. If Martenpaw's death didn't break her enough, the death of her last sister was the straw that broke the camel's back. When she ran away from the Twolegs, she didn't know why she did it. Perhaps it was just because she had a duty to be there for her clan, that she didn't have anything else that kept her going in life. Even her imagination, which was a place of freedom for her, seemed to turn against her, giving her visions of her father, her brothers and sisters, Sleepypaw, and many others, calling her worthless and useless. She knew they weren't there, that they weren't really saying it, but it didn't matter. Their words still hurt all the same.

Perhaps she could look for Poppyshine. She had suffered as much as Kitespring did, and they did have a close bond once upon a time. Still... it had been moons, and Poppyshine had her own problems to deal with, so could she deal with another problem? As she thought about it, she tried putting herself in Poppyshine's paws - which was much harder to do in her emotional state. As she noticed Poppyshine in the distance, she padded towards the RiverClan deputy. "H-hi," she said, unable to stop herself from stuttering. "Just w-wanted to... h-hang out. I think."

Hollypaw, SkyClan MCA: 20/50

pfp of rook drawn by the amazing xaandiir!

i could really use a wish right now (closed) Image10
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon; [B]lazekit
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; RC T5; RC T5; Rogue T1; WC App
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3152

PostSubject: Re: i could really use a wish right now (closed)   i could really use a wish right now (closed) EmptyThu 15 Dec 2022 - 17:26

Poppyshine

Poppyshine tried hard to focus on work when she could. Whatever illness had plagued her for a couple of moons, it seemed to have gone away. Be it that she was never physically sick in the first place, and so  mental shock was all she needed, or that she was working too hard to realize that she was still ill—Poppyshine could not be sure. But she was not currently feeling ill, and so that was what she would focus on.

She looked up and immediately, her expression softened at seeing Kitespring. They did not talk much, both being too busy with their own things—but she felt awful for her friend. With Dovesight’s passing, all of Kitespring’s siblings had passed away or gone missing. Poppyshine was still feeling the effects of Dovesight’s death, but poor Kitespring must be in shambles.

“Hi Kitespring,” Poppyshine meowed. She nuzzled against her comfortingly. “How are you holding up?”

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: i could really use a wish right now (closed)   i could really use a wish right now (closed) EmptySat 17 Dec 2022 - 18:05

Kitespring smiled softly at Poppyshine. Her affection meant a lot to Kitespring, even if she could never really say it to her face. And now was a worse time than ever before. "Well... I... I th-think I'm doing..." She was going to say well, even though that was a blatant lie. After all, she didn't really want to worry Poppyshine. However, she remembered her talking to Dovesight, how they kept on hiding their pain from each other because they didn't want the other to worry, and that she couldn't make the same mistake with Poppyshine.

"W-well... I've been b-better." She still didn't know if her shivering was just from the leaf-bare cold, or if it also was because of her losing one of the last cats that she cared deeply for. Now... now it was... just Poppyshine, wasn't it? "I'd b-be a l-l-liar i-if I s-said D-Dovey's death d-didn't h-hurt me. B-but I-I'm t-trying to m-move f-forward. I-I know t-that s-she's h-happy w-with Mom and D-Dad, a-and my b-brothers and s-sisters and S-Sleepycloud... but s-still..."

The russet she-cat noticed her tail twining around Poppyshine's. "Oh, sorry about that. I didn't mean to intrude in your personal space, Poppyshine. Guess... my tail got carried away." Perhaps it was because Poppyshine was the only cat she felt... was close the right word? Perhaps it was? It seemed like Poppyshine and Kitespring were living back in the old days. Stars, so much has changed since then.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon; [B]lazekit
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i could really use a wish right now (closed)   i could really use a wish right now (closed) EmptyTue 20 Dec 2022 - 10:47

Poppyshine

Poppyshine did not move her tail away or seem offended by it. Instead, she shuffled closer to Kitespring and pressed against her for more physical comfort. “It’s alright.” She rested her chin on Kitespring’s head. “I don’t blame you for doing badly. I miss Dovesight terribly too. It’s okay to still feel bad for a time…But you’re right. She’s in StarClan now, and you’ll see her one day, along with everyone else.” Poppyshine’s heart still ached even with that comfort, and she knew that Kitespring would be feeling the same. But she was proud of Kitespring for still trying to look to the future and move forward…she just hoped that Kitespring was not burying her grief prematurely.

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: i could really use a wish right now (closed)   i could really use a wish right now (closed) EmptyMon 26 Dec 2022 - 14:45

The physical comfort from Poppyshine made her feel warm, and not just because of the cold air. She remembered when they first really interacted, when Kitespring fell into the river as an apprentice during the Apprentice Games, and Poppyshine helped pick her up. She was honestly surprised by the calico she-cat's kind gestures back then. Even now, the kindness and compassion bundled up in a cat like her, after she lost so much... she didn't deserve to have so many members of her family and friends dead.

"T-thanks, Poppyshine," she whimpered, her eyes beginning to water. "I... I really... appreciate you... being here... with me. I... I don't know why... but just being with you here..." Kitespring moved her tail back towards Poppyshine's. "It helps... numb the pain... a little." She gazed up at the sun, which was starting to set. The last time she had gazed at sundown with Poppyshine, they were gazing it from Sunningrocks. She could still remember the warm sunlight on her fur back then, even though it was a long time ago, and she couldn't help but think of the beauty of it all.

And that, even after all these moons, she still had someone who cared for her here.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i could really use a wish right now (closed)   i could really use a wish right now (closed) EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 14:37

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s heart ached when she saw tears shining in Kitespring’s eyes. She leaned against her and continued to groom her fur with the same rhythmic, comforting repetition. “That heartache will fade over time,” she promised. “It will never fully go away…But it will get easier with time.” She was paind when Rushtalon disappeared, and it felt like her pain would never cease when she lost Rainpaw and Owlshriek and Sleepycloud…Her heart still hurt when she thought about them, but it did not make her immediately want to sob as it had moons ago.

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i could really use a wish right now (closed)   i could really use a wish right now (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

i could really use a wish right now (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: