Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2888

Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? Empty
PostSubject: Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?   Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? EmptyThu 8 Dec 2022 - 21:19

OOC: Happens after this topic:
https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t49557-storm-rising#537113

I really like the topic so if you have a minute to read thats great. But I also understand if your crazy busy so I included a short version here

the tldr: version of the above topic (which happens right before this one) is the following:
Storm and Crooked are out hunting. Crookedpaw gets trapped in a cage. Stromwatcher tries to free him but fails before twolegs show up and cart the apprentice away.
Storm is pretty much a self serving guy and doesnt care about anyone or anything else. He will act his part as a warrior to do his job but he is not at all about trying to go above and beyond. I was gonna have him be alot more evil but after adjusting to him in truth he is just gonna do whatever benefits him at the moment sometimes thats morally good sometimes thats morally bad.

He is actually trying to do good right now to restabilize the clan since he wants to return to his fluffier life of mooching off his clanmates and the twolegs have really put a dent in how he would like to coast by with minimum effort. So he is actively trying (super rare for him) but yea for now hes looking for ways to keep the clan from a total collapse.

Hes very paranoid that the clan is on the verge of collapse and worried that soon clanmates will begin with backstabbing each other (he would be fine doing that to any one of them if the need arose.... but its nerve wracking when the people who usually play by the rules have nothing less to lose)
))

(( he is specifically calling Bird Birdstar cause he and everyone else knows about Brair getting carted off and just sorta assumes shes in charge now. Speedy knows there is still like an offical name thing to be done but Storm is incensitive perhaps to the old leader and is not very well versed in how clan things work. Despite living there all his life he has no idea about alot of clan traditions, he is mainly there for the free meals and easy times he can have by weasling his way out of patrols and skipping meetings whenever he can.

(OOC part 2 bold text is his thoughts red is his speech. The bold is gonna be used alot for him cause he doesnt say what he thinks at all. Alright sorry for the long intro and away we GO!)

Stormwatcher arrived back at 4trees and took a peek around on the outskirts before fully entering. He spotted alot of his clanmates now that they had time to regroup. Hmm it didnt look like the clanmates were fighting or trying to hurt each other so the clan oaths must still be being honored... for the moment at least.

He cautiously went over to them.

"Rainpaw? Blackbear? Birdstar? Wolf? Stoatclaw? he called out his tail flicking a bit happy to see them.

Well he acted happy to see them... he didnt think he had any real emotions. And he was good at acting usually.

oh good! the wolf lady made it... shes super tryhard and can carry me hopefully he purred internally...

what was her suffix again though?? he had no idea half his clanmates names but he for sure knew what types of prey they were good at catching as he skimmed alot of prey off the pile when they came back from their hunting trips

Wolf seemed to be good at hunting just about anything and she was a workaholic... which was great cause that meant less patrols would be assigned to him.

He did not care for anyone here but Wolf was nice to have around for these reasons... stars if only he could remeber her whole name ... hopefully someone else would use it in a sentence and he could act like he knew it all along.

"ermm so a bit of bad news he frowned

ughhh pretending to care was so exhausting!!!

He even tried to cry a little to really make it look like he had been tramutized by the events... hmm he couldnt force the tears oh well

"we were out hunting, Crookedpaw and I . The apprentice got caught in one of those twoleg traps. I tried to yank him out but he was too big to fit. Then the twolegs came... There wasnt anything I could do after that. They carted him up and took em away to... who knows where

He explained...

(theres actually not any double speak bold text to go with that... he for once is telling the truth XD)

"He ... He will be missed he meowed looking down at his paws

but not by me... I mean yea its too bad and all but not worth ruining my day over

He looked to blackbear... she was his mentor right?? yeah pretty sure that was right but he had oversleapt the day of Crooked's ceromony so he wasnt for sure but whatever.

"Im so sorry for your loss...

we can get you a new one in no time dont worry about it. Apprentices are cheap.

"Birdstar? we should warn others about traps. I would hate to lose anyone else he mewed shaken up by it (or at least pretending to be)

I dont want anyone else trapped cause then I will have to hunt for myself and be more likely to be assigned patrols that I dont like going on. I could care less about you but dont get trapped... I would hate to lose workers which would make me pick up any slack

Hmm well now that the news was taken care of he wondered if they had gotten anywhere with setting up some warm nests for the night he glanced around but was disheartened to see that the nests were still in a mess from the twolegs.

Golley! Here crooked and I are out risking our pelts to hunt for yall and ya cant even put our moss bedding back together... he sighed noticing the sun getting very low as the afternoon was turning to evening.

All he wanted was a nice warm nest and a big ol fat mouse to go with it. Before today he coulda had just that. Crazy twolegs had ruined everything.

"hm well how many of us are left?

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2541

Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?   Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? EmptyThu 8 Dec 2022 - 23:11

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdchaser

Hunting was, unfortunately, still a necessary part of Clan life. Hungry stomachs wouldn't be stalled by the forest's upheaval, and as reluctant as she was to allow any member of SkyClan out of her sight, Birdchaser understood the necessity of it. It was almost comforting in a way, too. It was like something normal; they could just keep going through the motions, keep pretending this was their stony camp, keep acting like twolegs didn't just bustle out of sight. It was effective and routine, and hunting helped keep everyone's paws busy. Hopefully it helped to distract them from everything, helped to provide them some small comfort. Despite its importance and the flicker of hope routine provided, Birdchaser's stomach still spun when she watched the patrols she'd organized depart.

She hadn't felt well enough to join one for the afternoon. Her leg pained her, and some sort of cough had settled into her chest. She had planned on trying to join an evening patrol. The day was starting to lengthen, and the early patrols should be returning soon. She'd been scanning the treeline anxiously, counting heads as well as mice as cats started to return. There was a particularly long stretch before one pair returned... she was starting to get antsy over it, heavy paws kneading the ground to dispel some of the nervous energy. She had half a mind to get up and drag herself into the woods in search of them (even though she knew patrols just got delayed sometimes, and it was not immediate cause for concern-- still, she worried) when a grating voice hit her ears.

She had never been fond of Stormwatcher. He was insistent upon skirting his duties, ignoring her summons; on making himself fat off the hard work of his Clanmates while he dozed through sunhigh. She did not have a clear reason to dislike him beyond his attitude, but his mere existence worked each of her nerves.

With creeping slowness, Birdchaser turned to glower at the tabby who approached her, pale eyes narrowed to slits. Her thick tail thumped against the ground hard, and a hushed "Do not call me that." rose out of her throat. She had not even had the chance to name a deputy yet, let alone travel to Highstones. Nor was she done mourning, or the rest of the Clan. She hadn't even made a proper announcement about Briarstar's whereabouts yet. The insensitivity and audacity-- Birdchaser's hackles rose and on instinct, her claws flexed, pressing into the frosty ground.

Bad news.Wanting her eyes off Stormwatcher anyway, and her concern refreshed, Birdchaser took the moment to glance in the direction he'd arrived from. There was no tuxedo trotting after him, nor any sign of the little tom anywhere else in the clearing. Immediately, her heart started to pound, hammering hard enough against her ribs to make her feel nauseous. She was not even given a moment to pray to StarClan her fears were untrue before they were confirmed. Oh, Crookedpaw, no... No, no, no...

She was stunned there, for a beat. She did not know what to say, to think, to do. Another one of their Clanmates had been lost under her care. Another Clanmate stolen, with no certainty towards whether or not he would ever return. Her stomach rolled, and the nausea in her became so fierce she had to close her eyes and swallow hard to keep herself from turning up bile onto the grass. When she opened her eyes, Birdchaser looked for Rainpaw. He would be devastated. They were so, so close. They had found each other early; she had watched them become fast friends, growing attached at the hip immediately. Everything in Birdchaser wanted to scream and sob and sink claws and fangs into who or whatever cursed them like this. He did not deserve this loss; Crookedpaw did not deserve this fate; SkyClan did not deserve this torment. And what was she to do? She was one cat, just as frail and transient as the rest of them. She was expected to shoulder this burden though, anyway. Crookedpaw, come home, please... please, please, come home... Birdchaser begged silently.

The blessed stretch of silence Stormwatcher provided after his condolences that allowed Birdchaser to pray was unceremoniously shattered by the horrible, horrible sound of his voice. Though she had not had the wit or energy to speak upon delivery of the news, his next address stirred a different corner of her heart. The bundle of anxious nervous that sat in the pit of her stomach flickered and went roiling. Hot fury seared through her limbs, and she thought briefly StarClan had taken her sight. Rage consumed her so fully she was not aware of her paws moving under her and she did not fully see the tom in front of her when she rose to storm towards him.

"I said, do not call me that!" There was no crescendo, no rise to her voice; she was starting at a scream. Birdchaser had gotten directly in front of Stormwatcher. Her nose was only inches from his; through her haze of red she could see the rustle of his long fur from her labored breaths. "You feather-brained brat! I have warned you about the traps-- I have warned all of SkyClan! The twolegs that have been marching around barely a fox-length from where you sleep warned you! It's not my fault you are so stars-bent on ignoring every single word out of my mouth! Do you have nothing but mud and feathers between your ears? Or are you just determined to act so willfully stupid so that you can march up to me, announce that you lost an apprentice, and then get all wheedling and try to act as if its on me?!"

Birdchaser was roaring at him, and the strain of her yowling made her throat and chest burn. The aggravating cough that was creeping up on her rose, and her tirade was paused for a suffering coughing fit she tried desperately to muffle. When she recovered from it, she shoved closer, shouldering hard against Stormwatcher to push him backwards. Every hair on her body was standing on end, making Birdchaser look twice her size, and she'd stretched herself out to stand at her full height. She was as big as her mother, a towering creature, but rarely did her disposition match her appearance. Now, with her fur swelled and her lips pulled back to reveal each of her dangerous teeth and her tail whipping violently behind her, she looked as properly dangerous as she was born to.

"You try succeed at doing one, one! of many things I've asked at you, and you can only manage that long enough to make it out of Fourtrees. You couldn't even bring the apprentice home, Stormwatcher! How many hunting patrols have you gone on? No, don't answer that. You can't even get your pathetic tail out of your nest before sunhigh. Let me ask a different question: how many patrols have you seen return with less cats?! How could you take such a simple task and screw it up so egregiously?" A muffled voice of a cat better than her tickled the edges of Birdchaser's consciousness. It was not loud enough to pierce the anguish and fury that she felt. She did not care if this was unbecoming of SkyClan's new leader; she did not care about pretending that she was a good person.

Birdchaser's focus had returned, just enough for her to catch Stormwatcher's eyes bowing away from her and towards the nests they had cobbled together. It did not matter that his attention flitted back to her in an instant; she had a point to make, even if it was a point taken too far. "Look at me when I am speaking!" The bellow thrummed through her chest. She had felt despair before, had felt anger coursing through her pelt many, many times. Nothing compared to the white-hot feeling that spurred her rambling now. Too much had been placed upon her shoulders too fast. One drowsy leaf fluttering onto a cairn had toppled the entire structure.

"And then you have the nerve-- the nerve to ask me who's left. Who is left?! Use your eyes, Stormwatcher! StarClan gave them to you for a reason! Do you hear you own name? Watcher? Do you even know what that word means?" Another coughing fit wracked her, but Birdchaser stammered through it, unrelenting. "Since you cannot bring yourself to care about the importance in a name, and you cannot put yours to good use, surely you would not mind if I stripped yours from you. Give me a reason. Give me just one more good reason, and you will be Stormcrier for the rest of your days, and I will shove Stormcrier into one of those traps with my own paws and leave him there until there is nothing to return to." The coughing had sputtered into a nasty, aggressive snarl. It was such an aggressive and vicious noise, one filled with so much revilement it shocked Birdchaser out of her reverie. She had not realized how far she had gone. She had not realized she was capable of such exhausting and all-consuming emotions.

A wheezing sigh rattled its way out of Birdchaser's lungs. With painstaking reluctance (she wanted to bury her claws in Stormwatcher more than anything) she took a few paces back, allowing them both a few more inches to breathe. Now that she had caught up with herself, her breath started coming in fast and painful bursts. Birdchaser swallowed hard and set her jaw tight enough she could hear her teeth grinding against each other. Her next words were finally quieter than a yowl; they came in a low and rumbling tone, like the roll of thunder to signal an oncoming storm-- or one that had just passed. "What. Direction. Did the twolegs take him."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6065

PostSubject: Re: Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?   Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 0:55

Not every second of every day could be spent hunting, fighting, training, or running- but Lightningpaw had made a valiant effort to never keep still for more than a moment, and even on her off time she could usually be found running, stretching, or climbing. Currently she was circling a small corner of Fourtrees, wondering just how doable it would be to scale one of those four great oaks, when something interrupted her thoughts.

A warrior came into the clearing alone, and she didn't bat an eye at that- whatever warriors did was their business, right? Though her ears perked up at the words bad news. They meant- well, they generally meant bad news; you couldn't get much more on-the-nose than that.

She caught apprentice, twoleg, and traps; and then she started listening properly. Apprentices in traps? That was bad news.

He will be missed, the warrior- Stormwatcher, she recalled, she at least knew names-to-faces for most of SkyClan- said. Nothing more. Despite the words, he didn't seem all that torn up about it. Lightningpaw, meanwhile, quickly sorted through the other SkyClan apprentices, and looked around for the ones that might have fit the description: Creampaw? Rainpaw? Crookedpaw? Maggotpaw? Beechpaw?

(She probably should have known who was where, but- well. She'd gotten a little distracted, once she got the idea of scaling the great oaks; and Creampaw was never really that far away anyway. The others, she had assumed, were around somewhere or simply training.)

Stormwatcher calling Birdchaser by another name- Birdstar- was strange to her; especially as the cat in question told him to stop (and in such a tone that even Lightningpaw, who never stopped for anything, felt she might have been compelled to listen). Birdchaser was Birdchaser, she'd always been Birdchaser. Did he have feathers in his brain or something? Maybe that would explain how he'd managed to lose a whole apprentice, anyway.

The golden-furred apprentice didn't have long to think on the warrior's words, though, as Birdchaser herself spoke.

She spoke swiftly and harshly, a sharp contrast to the image Lightningpaw recalled of a cat desperately begging them to stay safe- but didn't that make sense? She'd wanted safety, and caught-by-Twolegs was definitely-not-safety. In fact, Lightningpaw was pretty sure it was the most definitely-not-safety a cat could get.

Had that rage been directed toward her, she would probably have been a little bit scared or at least startled; and she had certainly decided today that she would prefer to never make Birdchaser angry. Truth be told, she actually was a bit startled- though not by Birdchaser as much as the realization that an apprentice had been caught, and that she was also an apprentice. If it had been her, instead-

Well.

Birdchaser's anger made perfect sense to her, and in fact she felt herself growing more and more upset as she processed the situation further. She was an apprentice! The danger that had seemed somewhat vague was suddenly so much more real, and she didn't like it at all. She gathered, amidst all this, that it was indeed Crookedpaw who was gone; and she forced herself to stop searching for his pelt.

Meanwhile the deputy threatened to strip Stormwatcher of his name, and Lightningpaw could only wince at the thought despite her own rising fury. A lot of things were a mystery to her even now, but a name was- important, she knew, even just from her conversation with Rainpaw some time ago. It was something earned. That threat was followed by one that seemed far less symbolic: leaving the warrior in the very traps he'd allowed Crookedpaw to be captured in.

Lightningpaw edged very slowly toward the gathered cats, stopping a short distance away. Her voice, typically loud and energetic, sounded shockingly small. "...Crookedpaw's gone? But- we're supposed to stay safe-!"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

PostSubject: Re: Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?   Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 2:02

At first, Blackbear didn't even bother looking up when her name was called. Stormwatcher was, to her knowledge, a lazy freeloader who she'd seen take prey he hadn't earned far too often to offer him any respect. If he wanted to speak to her he could come to her directly, because she wasn't going to dignify his call for attention with a response- that was, until he called Birdchaser's name. Or some butchery of it. The sole mention of the name was almost enough to lift her to her feet and urge her to approach; but the nail in the coffin was Birdchaser's response.

The growl of admonishment was quiet, but Blackbear was near enough to hear it clear as day. It was a tone she seldom heard from her former mentor, and a tone that instinctively put her on edge. Anger. There was no possible way she could continue ignoring the tom. Aside from Birdchaser's growl of warning sending excitement coursing through the black molly's veins, she was admittedly getting curious as to what this news was. If Birdchaser was already angry and he hadn't even told her yet... Maybe he let an enemy patrol get past him, or led a predator into Fourtrees. Blackbear certainly hoped so. A good battle was just what she needed, and it'd be good experience for both her apprentice and her son. With a soft growl, she got up from where she sat and loped over to the deputy and the warrior.

Stormwatcher gave a friendly flick of his tail as Blackbear approached, prompting a narrowing of her eyes and a lash of her tail. They were not friends. She wasn't about to tolerate being greeted that way and opened her mouth to say so when the tom opened his own maw and began to speak. His very first words froze Blackbear in place. He was hunting with Crookedpaw?? Crookedpaw was her apprentice. Why hadn't he asked her permission? Was he that stupid? She looked behind him for Crookedpaw, but the snaggletoothed apprentice was nowhere to be seen. Had Stormwatcher left him up a tree somewhere?

The reality, as it turned out, was far, far worse. Blackbear's breath hitched as she stood there, stock still, staring at Stormwatcher with a seemingly vacant look on her face. Her tail neglected to lash, her teeth forgot to bare- the only sign of any life at all was her fur, steadily rising until it made her look twice as big from bristling. Then the accursed tom looked straight at her and apologised. How dare he. How dare he?? He takes her apprentice on a patrol. He lets her apprentice get caught in a trap. He leaves the kid to rot in a Twoleg cage and he. Has. The. Gall. To. Say. Sorry???? Her claws dug into the dirt to steady herself as a loud, deep growl emerged from her throat. Her muscles burned to attack, to launch herself at him and bite his throat out- but in that very moment, Birdchaser started yelling.

Blackbear watched in awe, still idly growling, as the deputy drew herself up to her full height and approached the tom with her hackles raised. Her voice was the loudest Blackbear had ever heard it. Every word was deliberate, brutal, and quite frankly terrifying. A thrill ran down her spine. This was the deputy- soon to be leader- of SkyClan. Her former mentor. The warrior stepped to the side slightly, yielding room for Birdchaser as she continued to scream at Stormwatcher with her teeth bared. It seemed like hours that Blackbear watched the conflict, waiting as patiently as she was able for Birdchaser to give her an opening. Then, finally, the deputy stepped away stiffly.

Blackbear didn't bother with words. She could never outdo Birdchaser's display anyway. No, she settled for what she was good at- using her claws. With not a second more of hesitation, she charged at him and knocked her full weight into his body. In little more than a second, he was below her and her claws were digging deep into his shoulders. She hissed, her teeth millimetres away from his neck. She prepared to bite, aiming to break his neck like she would a rabbit's, but Birdchaser's voice stopped her. She couldn't kill this foxhearted piece of rat dung before he told them where the twolegs went with her apprentice. She thanked Birdchaser internally for the foresight; if she had been alone with Stormcrier she would've killed and buried him long ago.

She pressed her heavy paws harder onto his shoulders, driving the claws in deeper. "Your deputy asked you a question," she growled.

Blackbear used Jumping Strike on Stormwatcher, dealing 10+3 damage and costing 7 stamina.

Blackbear

HP:60/60
SP:133/140 (-7)

Stormwatcher
HP:27/40 (-13)
SP:100/100

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2888

PostSubject: Re: Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?   Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 6:52

Stormwatcher didnt expect the deputy to be THIS angry. He met her eyes again when she asked him to look at her while she was speaking... hmm yeah she was certainly upset...

He tried to think hard ... Was crooked her kit or something he couldnt remeber how everyone in this place was related mostly cause he was unatentive and didnt put any effort into that at all.

All his family was dead so he paid little attention to relationships since then. She kept yelling and yelling and yelling. He frowned. It wasnt like he was the one who put the trap there.

"Alright Alright Alright, listen I get you are upset. Birdchaser I tried to get him out of there I pulled to get him out as hard as I could and we tried all sorts of other things, I looked for weaknesses in the trap but found nothing. he explained trying to calm her down.

yikes.. this is gonna be our new leader? If she gets this upset over a bad patrol Id hate to see what happens if another clan pulls something stupid... we could be looking at a forest wide war... whcih I want nothing to be part of... maybe its time I consider dipping outta here He was wondering that right when she mentioned changing his name.

His ear flicked which is the closest of a reaction you will ever get out of him. That name was thought of by his mother before she died and it was the little amount he had left of anything he used to care about.

Yeah sure change my name I dont care, ill leave this star forsaken place

How many patrols had he been on? What did that have to do with anything? Hey he did his job and nothing beyond that. Use his eyes? Well he figured some might be around somewhere else or somethin geez it was just a question.

She gave them both some room which he was grateful for. This wasnt his fault, he understood her anger but felt it was unfairly placed upon him.

This place really was falling apart just as he had feared.

Blackbear did not return any of his attempted welcome greeting. Ok fine, he had tried to be friendly.

The next thing he knew, she was leaping at him.

Woahhh!! yea ok time to get outta here this place has fallen into every cat for itself.

He quickly leapt outta the way barley missing her attack that woulda landed right on him.

He squinted his eyes at her. He wasnt angry just suprised that she would attack a clanmate. If bird didnt call this off he was outta here. If she was gonna let another warrior openly attack a clanmate this clan was on the verge of self destruction. He wasnt gonna fight her, it wasnt worth fighting anyone over something in the past. Too risky for self preservation.

Stormwatcher has used dodge but has chosen not to roll for counter attack as he doesnt want to fight blck

Automated response. If bird doesnt call black off hes running outta here next post

"really black? attacking clanmates now? come on! I know you dont like me but still how is that gonna solve anything. Why dont ya save your energy or use it on the twolegs that carted him off. Im not gonna fight you Figthing each other was such a waste of energy. He was not looking to get all scratched up and as much as he knew black wanted to he didnt really wanna do the same to her.

"They took em that way" he answered the deputys question pointing with his tail (in whichever direction that was idk where crooked got assinged but eyaaa over thereeee XD)

"Whatever, I might not offer to take on all your extra tasks bird but at least Im not so emotional that I attack another clanmate seconds after hearing bad news
he said glancing at black who he was very annoyed with now.

He thought very quickly knowing he had to get outta here.
"you have both made it very clear im not welcome here so ill be going then he offered.

This ride had been fun but the free ride was about to end it looked like and turn into a blood bath... maybe one of those twolegs would like a kittypet after all. It didnt sound like a safe option but it might be safer than here in a couple days.

Another apprentice had been watching the whole thing.. see they are everywhere ... just go train that one blackbear.

Hmm but at this rate he wondered how long it was till this clan started eating each other. Hopefully they would at least leave Lightingpaw alone but he wasnt sure. The look in black and birds eyes was so anger and hateful it was loner and rouge like.

This isnt a clan anymore

He wasnt trying to stick around when this place was allowing open attacks on each other. He began walking at a quick pace out of 4trees. He watched his back if anyone chased him ready to run. Sure call him a coward he didnt care, he who lived to run away lived to fight another day... or in his case nap another day more likely

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?   Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 8:56

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw had been lingering near Birdchaser. Ever since he was a kit, it was not an uncommon sight to find him lingering somewhere near Birdchaser’s shadow, finding comfort in her presence even if they weren’t directly interacting. He’d finished his own patrols and duties for the day, and so he was just… waiting. He had asked Birdchaser if she knew where Crookedpaw had gone off too, and then he waited once he had his answer. He had wanted to tell Crookedpaw about his day. He hadn't eaten yet, as they tended to share their evening meals together. It was a part of their routine, to tell each other about their days after they finish their duties and can settle down together. The longer he was waiting for Crooked to come back, the more on edge Rainpaw became.

His ears flicked at the sound of his name in an unfamiliar voice, turning to face the source of it. He padded a little closer from where he was perched in an out of the way spot. He recognized the cat that had addressed him as Stormwatcher. He didn’t really know Stormwatcher, and like with most cats he didn’t know personally, he had very little opinion on the tom.

His ear flicked at the sound of Birdchaser’s growling, starting a little at the use of ‘Birdstar.’ He didn’t think that was how that worked. Briarstar was coming back, wasn’t she? He may not be an expert at clan customs, still learning all the little social rules even after all this time, but he was pretty sure you weren’t supposed to call someone by the ‘star’ name unless they officially became leader.

What he did know is that Crookedpaw went out with Stormwatcher, and what he noticed immediately is that there was a distinct lack of a achingly familiar black and white pelt trailing behind the warrior. Rainpaw’s heart skipped a beat and he straightened up, bicolored eyes suddenly very fixated on Stormwatcher, especially at the mention of ‘bad news.’

Where was Crookedpaw?

Rainpaw sucked in a breath as Stormwatcher talked, freezing in place. His ears rang. “Crooked is…?”The words were a tiny, barely audible whisper. No. No, no, no. Not Crookedpaw. Please. Rainpaw couldn’t take that. Emotion stronger than anything Rainpaw had felt in moons washed over him in waves. ‘He will be missed. I’m so sorry for your loss.’

'He isn't gone! He can't be gone, right? He'll come back. He has to come back. He can't be gone. He can't! He isn't dead. He'll come home. Right? Right?? Please let him come home. Oh, Crooked, please come home...'

A tiny part of him whispered that he shouldn’t be surprised at the loss. The lingering doubt in the back of Rainpaw’s mind that insisted he was destined for tragedy grew, and he wondered if he was bad luck. If every cat he cared for was destined to be ripped away, one way or another, just because he was near them.

Rainpaw shook from head to toe, breathing coming out ragged. He was hardly an emotional cat. He felt brief flashes of things like anger, irritation, stress, fear, but most of these things washed away the moment he removed himself from the situation. Sometimes, if he was lucky enough, he’d even feel things like joy, usually from Crookedpaw’s presence or the high of seeing a shine of pride in Birdchaser’s eyes. He’d never felt such intense rage as he felt right in that moment.

He dug his claws into the dirt as he stared at Stormwatcher. He felt a sudden and vicious urge to attack him, to force him into one of those traps, to do- to do SOMETHING until his friend was home. He didn’t care if it was logical or fair right then. All he knew was that Crooked was gone and he couldn’t do anything against Twolegs. Stormwatcher? That was a different story.

Of course, before he got the chance to act on any of these feelings, before he could even open his mouth, Birdchaser was speaking. No, not speaking. Shouting. Rainpaw flinched, so startled by his mentor’s anger that he shrunk backwards, ears laying flat. He wasn’t afraid of Birdchaser, but he had never seen her angry before, and certainly never heard her raise her voice like that. It startled him so much that the lump in his throat he’d felt at the news turned into tears stinging his eyes.

Maybe Rainpaw could feel satisfied at the way Birdchaser was tearing Stormwatcher down, but his rage was gone as quickly as it came, and all the yelling just made the storm inside of him grow. He wanted to go to her. He hated seeing her so upset, and he winced at the slight drag when she breathed in, the way her body trembled as she held in a coughing fit. He’d noticed the lingering cough she’d developed recently, and it’d had him on edge.

When Birdchaser finished her tirade with a low rumble, the dam broke.

Rainpaw remembers the last time he cried, but it had been so long ago he’d forgotten the feeling. His whole world had come crashing down on him that day, his family torn away from him and his home gone, but he hadn’t cried since Birdchaser found him. Even when he had those brief moments of sadness, even when he thought about what he had lost, even when he had learned about Crimsonflame’s death, he hadn’t been able to manage tears. They just didn’t come, no matter how sad he was.

He jolted in place when the hot tears began to run down his fur. He didn’t sob, even though his shoulders trembled as one rose up in him. He rubbed his face on his shoulder, staring down at his paws as tears began to fall fast and hard. He couldn’t breathe for a long moment, shuddering in place as he just… cried. He wanted to wail, wanted to beg for Crookedpaw to come home, wanted to scream at the unfairness of it all, but nothing came. He remained silent and, aside from his trembling, completely still, as tears dripped steadily onto the frosty ground.

He could faintly hear Lightningpaw’s voice, but he couldn’t decipher her words or bear to lift his head. However, his head snapped up as Blackbear leapt past him, flinching once more and scrambling a few steps back at the sudden movement, his breath hitching. He watched as Blackbear dove for Stormwatcher and he ducked out of the way. He couldn’t even find it in himself to blame Blackbear for the reaction. Crookedpaw was her apprentice. And he knew from experience that the result of spending any time in the tom’s presence was a deep and intense affection. Still, the situation felt so out of his control, that it made another wave of fear so intense that it made him feel sick wash over him.

Stormwatcher was talking again, but Rainpaw could no longer hear him. He just stared, breathing hard, and still crying.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2541

PostSubject: Re: Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?   Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? EmptyWed 14 Dec 2022 - 6:36

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdchaser

No sooner than she had stepped away and growled out her question, a large form barreled past her, smashing into Stormwatcher with aggressive force. Birdchaser blinked a few times, not quite registering what had just happened or who had barreled forth out of the crowd. But– ah, that was Blackbear. Of course it was Blackbear; she shouldn't have even needed to think about it. She sighed, watching the other warrior shove the tabby against the earth. Alright, yes, she had just screamed and raved at Stormwatcher, but it was another thing to actually leap at him. It wasn't just a tackle, either: Blackbear looked like she had intent to kill, claws forcing up pinpoints of blood and teeth flashing near to the tabby's neck.A call to stop was waiting on her tongue, but Stormwatcher had kicked himself free as Birdchaser was opening her mouth. Her eyes narrowed as he spoke. "Blackbear has a right to be emotional over another warrior losing her apprentice," she hissed darkly. There had been an attempt to keep her voice level, but it trembled with rage despite her efforts. Glancing more pointedly at her former apprentice, she went on, "Though she's mouse-brained for attacking a Clanmate in the middle of Fourtrees, and right in front of me, no less... Well, right idea, wrong execution. But either way," Birdchaser stamped closer again, standing beside Blackbear to nudge the molly backwards, "stand off, Blackbear. He can't feel any remorse if he's dead, and you're useless if you are."

Stormwatcher turned, starting to walk away, grumbling something as he went. Something about not being welcome. Though most of Birdchaser's fur had started to flatten, her tail remained bristled, and it started to lash more fiercely at that. Not being welcome. She couldn't keep her claws from pressing into the ground underpaw. If one moment of incivility was enough to have him running scared, she wondered what StarClan had been thinking when they gifted him to SkyClan. "Be back in this clearing before nightfall. I expect all three of us to know how to act like respectable warriors by then." She wouldn't stop him from leaving. If he lingered and Blackbear chose to kill him, well, it was out of her paws. She hadn't told her what to do. Sighing, Birdchaser jostled Blackbear again, nudging both of until they had spun in a semi-circle and were no longer facing the treeline where Stormwatcher was disappearing towards. It was then that she saw Rainpaw: oh, Rainpaw. Her heart tightened. Even after everything, she had never seen Rainpaw cry. She had known Crookedpaw was dear to him as his friend, but to see him so caught up in grief over it that it had brought him to silent tears...

Birdchaser's pelt itched with the violent desire to spin on her pads and barrel into Stormwatcher and shred his pelt from him.

Instead, Birdchaser just sighed, leaning close to Blackbear. "Are you going to go looking for him?" She murmured. She imagined Blackbear wanted to. Stormwatcher had given him a direction, even if it there could have been anything laying between them and wherever Crookedpaw had been taken. But they had been given a direction, and Blackbear obviously cared for her apprentice. She was stubborn, too. "I'll let you go, but I won't let you leave right now. Wait a few days, give some of the other warriors a chance to look in that direction and make sure it's safe. To make sure you're strong enough to leave the Clan for a few days." She knew better than to argue with Blackbear. It wasn't that she wouldn't listen; sometimes though, it was easier just to pick her battles, even if she was picking the wrong ones. This was such a poor and idiotic situation. She couldn't really believe she was giving Blackbear the assurance to go on a death mission. "But you aren't going anywhere unless you promise to return. To return with both of you."

Without waiting, Birdchaser stepped away, moving over towards Rainpaw. Gingerly, she sat beside him, allowing her shoulder to brush against. For a moment, she just sat there quietly, willing the lingering fury out of her system in hopes Rainpaw wouldn't feel her rage, even if he had seen her vicious display. After a little while, her tail curled, brushing lightly against his hindlegs, and she found something in her to say. "He'll come home, Rainpaw. We're going to bring him home." It didn't feel like enough, but she didn't know what else she could possibly say. In favor of struggling with more of her words, Birdchaser bent her neck, resting her chin silently atop his head.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?   Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue? Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh yea... I sorta lost the apprentice.... hopefully thats not like an issue?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Fourtrees-
Jump to: