Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1423

Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty6/12/2022, 7:10 pm

Sandypaw
Before the Sitewide

Sandypaw was silent as she entered the apprentice den. Her usual cadence was soft enough, but it was even quieter as she took extra care not to bother anyone. “It’s time for your journey Rowanpaw, are you ready?” she told the tom, her voice no louder than her paw steps. The tip of the little she-cat’s tail fidgeted. She had never done one of these before. I wish Dovesight weren’t busy, she though, but she was also glad she was there to help her mentor with her hill of tasks.

Sandypaw waited for Rowanpaw near the camp exit, holding traveling herbs in her paws. As her brother joined her she slid his share of the plans over. “They don’t taste good, as I’m sure you’ve heard, but it’ll be worth it when you don’t pass out halfway through the trip,” she joked, hoping to laugh away her nerves.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2505

PostSubject: Re: Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty8/12/2022, 5:51 pm

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowanpaw

Rowanpaw had been restless that night. Perhaps it had just been the energy that always prickled under his fur, or maybe some quiet instinct kept him up. Whatever it was, light pawsteps and an even softer voice pulled him easily from the half-doze he'd fallen into. Quickly, he lifted his head, surprised to see it was Sandypaw who had come to get him rather than their aunt. Well, whoever had come to get him didn't matter: he was going to the Moonstone. A thrill ran through him from nose to tail, and he rose swiftly from his nest, hurrying out of the den to catch her near the mouth of camp.

"Me? Pass out? Sister, I'm sure I can handle a brief walk," he purred warmly as the bundle of herbs were slid his way. Despite his teasing, he bent to lap them up, and recoiled just as soon as they hit his tongue. He had to fight to swallow them, though he did not bother to hide the way he spat in an effort to remove the taste from his mouth once they were down. "They don't taste good may be an understatement." The remark was sour, but there was a quiet affection to it. As he looked towards his sister, he wondered quietly if Sandypaw was nervous about the trip. She often was, about many things, and he wasn't sure if she had lead a charge to Highstones on her own before. "Well, I am afraid StarClan's relentless march waits for no bold little warrior. Are you prepared to go?" Rowanpaw flicked his tail across her shoulder as he stood, some silent thanks for the journey she was about to guide him on.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#1678C1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1423

PostSubject: Re: Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty12/12/2022, 12:19 pm

Sandypaw
Highstones

She’d been preparing since the moment Dovesight gave her the task. As his tail brushed her shoulder she took a deep breath. “Ready as I can be,” she replied confidently before turning to begin the trip. Her anxiety seemed to take a backseat with Rowanpaw at her side.

[Timeskip]

“I wouldn't call that a brief walk, Row!” she complained as she caught her breath. The molly's short legs ached after trying to keep up with his tall stride. Stars… I really need to exercise more. Sandypaw glanced up to the sky, searching for the time. The moon had already met its tallest height! “Let’s hurry inside before we lose any more moonlight.”

The apprentice was unnerved once again as she traveled through the pitch-black tunnels. The twists and turns were odd without Dovesight’s tail guiding the way, but with some Starclan luck she eventually entered the light of the cave. “Go ahead and settle next to the moonstone. You’ll fall asleep and Starclan will greet you,” she explained to Rowanpaw as she made herself comfortable, “I’ll be here.” Her next instinct told her to give comfort and encouragement to the apprentice, but she had a feeling Rowanpaw didn’t need it.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2505

PostSubject: Re: Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty19/12/2022, 5:30 am

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowanpaw

The walk had been more tiring than Rowanpaw expected, and despite his griping, he was grateful for the herbs Sandypaw had given him. "Really? I think it was rather brisk," he chuckled as they approached the cavern, but there was a hitch to his breath. There was quiet after that, and they were descending into the tunnels. It was tight inside, stone walls pressing against his ribs, but Sandypaw seemed to know the way and Rowanpaw had no choice but to follow her obediently. It wasn't long before the tunnels opened up and light spilled unto them. "Shiny," he breathed, pupils dilating at the sight of it. He could see why it had become the focal point of their connection to StarClan. Silently heeding his sister's instructions, he settled down beside the Moonstone, tucking his legs under his chest and pressing his nose to the surface of the stone.

Slowly, Rowanpaw roused from the cold sleep he'd been pulled into, blinking blearily as his eyes adjusted to the new light. The field he found himself in was a shadow of RiverClan's territory: the ground underpaw felt sodden, pools twinkling with starlight pocked the expanse, thin beech trees sprouted in a dense copse behind him... and the sky was lit with dusky-purple, the stars filling it shining brighter than any he had seen in life. He was caught up in the moment, in the wonder of it all, turning slowly to take in the scenery. So enraptured was he he did not notice the pawsteps that approached him rapidly when his back was to the clump of trees, until a small weight pushed into him.

Instantly, he wheeled around, his fur stood on end and tail lashing sharply as he staggered away from his attacker. But the cat before him did not look hostile at all– the little molly was smiling, wide and genuine, and there was a mischievous laugh forming in her throat. Though her mirth did not put him entirely at ease, Rowanpaw retracted his claws, regarding her through narrowed eyes. "Is this custom? Do all apprentices wake up in StarClan to an assault?"

"Oh, you're just as snappy as I thought you were. Is this custom? Do all apprentices come to StarClan so bitterly?" Her laugh tittered again as she mocked him, ignoring the sputtered affront that came from the young tom. "Oh, you're nothing like your mother. How'd she raise a kit like you?"

"Do not speak on–"

"Your mother? Even though she was a good friend of mine?"

Rowanpaw paused, his tail still slowly flickering with agitation. Just who was this cat, who claimed to know his mother and seemed so excited to see him? She certainly hadn't been around in his life. He squinted hard at her, and she returned the same narrow look until she couldn't help herself and broke into another series of annoying laughs.

"Relax, Rowanpaw. My name is Cloverheart. I was RiverClan's medicine cat before Dovesight. Poppyshine– I watched her grow up, even if it was from afar. She was always such a nice cat; I'm sad I didn't get to really talk to her until I was near the end of my life. One of the last conversations I had with her, I think– I think I told her she would have made an amazing mother, whenever she had kits." Cloverheart paused, a wistful look crossing her features. If she missed anything about being alive, she missed the few friends she left behind. She missed getting to watch her Clanmates grow, even when she spent so much time hidden away in her den, pretending they weren't lurking beyond the reed curtain. She sighed, and her smile tightened a little as she went on. "It's good to know that I was right. Even if you lot might make her fur gray far too early, she did good with you."

Rowanpaw shifted between paws, discomfort prickling under his pelt. The name Cloverheart picked at some faint memory– he'd heard some talk about what had happened to her, and he'd heard Poppyshine mention her name a pawful of times. He hadn't realized they were actually friends though, and the idea of StarClan leaning over their perch to watch him in particular... He shifted again. He was meant for putting on a show, yes, but the thought of that just disturbed him. It was nice to know, at least, that this strange cat thought he had turned out well– and nicer to hear her sing Poppyshine's praises. He made a mental note to tell her later, before clearing his throat to manage something else to say. "It is nice to know that you do not plan on attacking and mocking me this whole time," he started slowly. There was still an edge of hesitation to his voice, but it'd been tempered by the nice words from the medicine cat. "I was already aware I had turned out well. You did not need to tell me. However, I will tell Ma- Poppyshine of your fondness towards her."

No sooner than he had finished, Cloverheart was rising up on her toes to shove her nose into his face, nearly bumping into his own. Rowanpaw's lip curled, hind paw raising to step away, but her green gaze was arresting. He stilled, glaring narrowly down at her when she piped up to speak again. "You're a good warrior, but your arrogance is obnoxious. You should learn to curb that yourself before someone takes it upon themselves to teach you that lesson. Trust me– arrogance will get you killed." There was a darkened look to her eyes, one that made the fur along Rowanpaw's spine bristle. "Did that fox not teach you well enough? Would you rather end up drowned?"

Immediately, Rowanpaw stepped back, ears lowering and a growl rising in his throat. "I did not come all the way to the Moonstone to be threatened, nor to be reminded of past follies. If that is all StarClan would have for me, then I will have no more of this conversation." Cloverheart only shrugged. She wondered if he'd gotten his temper from his father– she hadn't known the late tom well enough to guess, but he'd always seemed kind. Even if he was bristling to her, she was sure Rowanpaw could be kind too.

"I'm not threatening you. Take the mud out of your ears and listen. I'm giving you the same advice as your mother and Stormdance, I'm just sharper about it. I don't want to meet you again before you even get your warrior name." Her tail flicked, and she followed Rowanpaw as he backed away, stepping after him to flick her tail across his flank as she passed. "But be stubborn, then. Maybe you'll heed my advice the next time you deign to do something stupid because you think you're untouchable. Tell Poppyshine and Stormdance I said hello."

Rowanpaw started to turn to watch her go, but when he did, she had already gone. Not only that, but the world seemed to be dissolving around him; his vision was starting to swim, the purples and stars all blurring together. There was a moment where he felt sickeningly dizzy, and then like he was falling– and then he was awake again, curled on the cold cavern floor. The earliest hints of dawn emptied through the roof of the cavern, and to the side, Sandypaw had fallen asleep. Sighing, Rowanpaw got to his paws to shuffle closer to his sister to wait for her to wake. Because I think I am untouchable... He huffed. What asinine advice. But the dream was over now, and that was all it had been– a dream. He'd been taught his lesson through snapping teeth once, and had remained unharmed since. He did not need to heed the advice of a cat he had never even known.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#1678C1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Rowanpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1