Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sleepypaw's Moonstone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

Sleepypaw's Moonstone Empty
PostSubject: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptyMon 5 Dec 2022 - 7:25

It felt like Batsong had just gotten back from Russetpaw's moonstone just a couple nights previous when it was time to get to go again for Sleepypaw's moonstone.

Batsong really liked getting to know Russetpaw on their walk over and back and the shy med cat was tentatively excited as well to meet Sleepypaw. Sleepypaw and Russetpaw were good friends and could often be seen in camp together or out training in pairs too. They made a good team by the observations she had.

The med cat was quiet, shy and had a little bit of a stutter that she had for most of her life. An ex warrior she knew how exciting the moonstone trip was for eager apprentices. It was one of the last big things to do before getting their warrior name and with it more responsibility and freedom that came with it.

She eagerly prepared the traveling herbs for their trip: She loved this part of her job, getting to see how all the apprentices were was great and the usually shy med cat now had a great opportunity to do so without having to be too much in the spotlight.

Having everything prepped, she went over to where the apprentices usually hung out. She spotted Sleepypaw and grinned warmly and welcomingly.

"S-..sleepypaw? you ready f-f..f... for your moonstone? she stuttered.

She set the herb pack for sleepypaw down next to her and she slowly munched on her own. The bitter herbs were something she never really got used to even being med cat and working with them daily. But they were imporatnt for the journey ahead... Thank goodness they were windclan and got the easist path of all the clans to the stone.

"hmm I got to meet y-y.your friend Russetpaw earlier she said a bit shy at first.

"she t-told me all about how you two have shown old bushface how to fight correctly she giggled imagining the pair of youngsters going after the big old bush.

Batsong flicked her tail interested. "hmm if you ever w-wanna practice Id be happy to h-help too. Ma-maybe you can help me knock off the rust from w-when I was a warrior" she purred as she finally finished her bitter herbs.

Hmm come to think of it ... maybe Her and Birchpaw (Batsong's apprentice) could both use a sparring session to keep them in decent fighting shape.. .not that med cats had to fight often but it would be a good idea to get her apprentice some fighting practice in case it was ever needed in self defence... Batsong hoped that Birchpaw would never need to use it but she had seen enough battles as her time as a warrior to know it wouldnt be a bad idea to have Birchpaw a bit more ready.

"wh-who knows maybe with Birchpaw and I w-we could help train you for a re-rematch against Russetpaw, y-youll get her next time she giggled a little flicking her tail at Sleepypaw playfully. Russetpaw had told her all about the training adventures they had been on and had not left out that she won their practice spar.

"s-..so at the moonstone : ... what w-will happen is you go though this super d-d..dark cave until you get to a beautiful glowing stone shining in the m-moonlight. Y-you will touch your n-nose to it and then you will have a s-starclan dream she explained.

She waited to make sure Sleepypaw had enough time to finish herbs as well and began to walk next to the apprentice to start their voyage.

These walks let her check in on the apprentices, make sure training was going well and such. Another reason she loved em so much

"hmm s-sso lets see... you have Blazefang... Batsong thought for a little... She didnt know Blazefang super well. Hmm Batsong you really should try and be less shy and get out of your shell more she made a mental note to try and do that.

"how do you like your t-training? she asked casually as they walked along

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptyThu 8 Dec 2022 - 12:44

Sleepypaw had nearly forgotten today was the day for her moonstone journey. She was barely awake when an npc apprentice roughly shook her and without many words kicked her out of the makeshift apprentice den. With a whine in protest she languidly rose to her paws and stretched, wiped the sleep from her eyes and yawned, right as Batsong approached her. Sleepypaw returned her greeting with a a smile and wave of her tail and nodded.

“Yes, I’m ready.” Sleepypaw responded, leaning down and without much hesitation consumed the herbs. Her whiskers twitched as the bitter taste traveled to her nose but she knew it was necessary for the journey and forced herself to show no other reaction besides that. At the mention of Russetpaw, she instantly perked up, her eyes brightening, “Really?” At the mention of bushface however…she got a little embarrassed. She couldn’t believe she lost that fight! It was water under the bridge now, but back then when it happened it nearly drowned her. Sleepypaw giggled back, in the grand scheme of things, fighting a bush was pretty comical. The apprentice nodded, “Of course, whenever you want!” She replied.

Traveling to the moonstone wasn’t something she was worried about. But what happened inside was what really scared her. The process. Part of her didn’t believe in the cats in the sky. She supposed it was natural for cats to be suspicious about such things. And as Batsong described the process, she couldn’t hide the suspicion in her eyes. “Gotcha.” Sleepypaw mewed nodding in understanding. Regardless of whether or not she believed, she did believe in Batsong, and therefore trusted her.

As they started to walk, Sleepypaw started to feel more and more excited. Traveling made her heart sing. Thinking about traveling had almost made her miss Batsong’s question, she heard the last word and was able to put together a guess as to what the question was, “Training? Oh, its going well I believe. It’s weird being at Fourtrees and trying to train and hunt while camping out there… but training itself is good. What was training like for you back then?” She asked, to her any warrior was immediately ancient. Everyone was a ‘senior’.

"speech."

we're off to never-never land —— info.
Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptyThu 8 Dec 2022 - 21:51

Batsong was glad to see that Sleepypaw understood that Bushface was just a joke and a good way to begin practice and even happier to see that the apprentice got a laugh out of it. They could all use that with the recent events going on.

"y-y...yea! she purred

"Russetpaw and y-y-you seem to be a really good team she grinned at the apprentice.

"Thats good! H-ha...having frineds you know are there for you

As they walked along the moonlight showed their path

Batsong was very glad to hear that training was going well for the apprentice as well. HMM? whats this? she wanted to know what it was like back when bat was training...

"w-well I trained under Shrikestar a-actually. He was shrikestorm back then and s-still deputy. Once I go-got my warrior name I stayed warrior for awhile. W-when our med cat died I t-took their place ... s-so Ive been warrior and med cat. she answered to the question.

"hmm more specifs about my warrior training?? hmm well actually on m-my first hunting trip I got attacked by a h-h..hawk. It almost carried me away but Shrikestar re-rescued me just in time she purred recounting how lucky she had gotten that her mentor was there for her. He was leader now and she always looked up to him a great deal now

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptyThu 8 Dec 2022 - 22:50

Did she say Shrikestar-storm? Sleepypaw laughed heartily, she forgot that her dad was once a regular ole' warrior. To her, he had always been Shrikestar. Or father. It was so weird for her to hear her dads warrior name. However, she supposed that in the beginning, it must've been strange for the clan to start calling him Strikestar.

The apprentice nodded, she had heard of warriors becoming medicine cats when there was a need. It took a brave and dedicated cat to leave the warrior life behind to take up healing. Knowing this about Batsong made her respect her all that much more. Sleepypaw could never give up being a warrior. She couldn't explain why but she would just feel trapped as a medicine cat. As any higher position in the clan, really. Maybe that would change in the future, and it wasn't that she didn't feel comfortable leading a team. She did! She just...didn't like the constriction of the titles. If she was a deputy or leader, she felt like she would lose her autonomy and all she would ever be to the clan was their leader, someone who commands them. It sounded like a nightmare. It just wasn't for her. Although, she couldn't deny the happy feeling inside her when Russetpaw and her used to play around and call each other Russetwing and Sleepystar.

Lost in her thoughts she again missed nearly half of Batsong's sentence. The apprentice mentally kicked herself, "My father rescued you?" she inquired. Well, she assumed he probably wouldn't be a leader if he hadn't rescued a cat or two. The walk was peaceful, and the smell of the air on the way to Highstones was like taking your first bite of a fresh killed hare after moons of drinking milk as a kit. The air outside of the clan was just different. She needed to get out more, traveling allowed her to clear her head like nothing other. Her thoughts were much more organized. Maybe she could get away with taking trips to the outskirts of the territories when she was feeling particularly stuffy. Mm, that sounded nice. "Do you miss being a warrior? Just a regular warrior? I don't think I could ever be as brave as you and give up warrior life for the medicine den. I just- I've never wanted anything more than becoming a warrior. You know?"

"speech."

Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 20:47

Batsong nodded and giggled along with the apprentice at the idea of his old name again. "ya- your d-dad is super brave. He was a great mentor to me too and I know he would protect you too just the same.

The next question caught Batsong a little off gaurd and she glanced over to her traveling companion.

Batsong never really had a choice about becomeing med cat, she was just sorta picked when their old one vanished... At first she thought starclan had made a mistake, that she was a mess up and could never do it.  After lots of hard work and training she finally began to belive in herslef that she could do it.

But the question was if she missed her old life.  She hesitated thinking about it,

"A little bit yeah.  I think more than anything I miss knowing t-that I could defend the clan in a b-battle if it came to it ya know? ... Med cats arent supposed to battle... only in s-self defense.  I think what I miss most is knowing that I c-could do that for the clan. But... I think that being able to take care of everyone is something I enjoy as w-well and have gotten alot better at it.
Hmm the med den can be a little stuffy at times... but I can always still h-hunt.  I havent forgoten everything and I catch a rabbit on my lucky days
she shrugged looking at her paws a bit shy.  Did her answer make sense? She hoped so.

She could see the cave up ahead and pointed it out to the apprentice.  "a-alright its pretty dark in here, oh and low ceiling so watch your head while we g-go through she purred as they approached the entrence.

As they entered the light from behind them got weaker and weaker until they were in the total dark with only the jagged walls to guide them along as their whiskers brushed along giving a general scense of direciton.

Batsong protectivly and instinctivly put her tail around the apprentices shoulder until they finally got to the larger "room" where the moonstone was.  A hole in the ceiling allowed moonlight in and it made the light look as if it was dancing in the room as it reflected off the beautiful stone.

It was stunningly beautiful and every time Batsong was lucky enough to come here she still never got over the sight of the moonstone basked in the moonlight that poured through.

"one of th-the perks of being med cat she said quietly as she approached the stone.  She looked at it closer than she had ever before this time and gently rested a paw on it so curious as to what the stone actually was or what gave it its unique magic

She blinked looking back over her shoulder to Sleepypaw.  She grinned and gently flicked her tail for her to come join beside her to sleep by the stone and receive her dream.

"hmm s-sleep well sleepypaw she purred gently

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 23:55

Sleepypaw hummed in agreement, she knew her father would do anything to save her as well. Sleepypaw met the medicine cat's gaze and smiled warmly, hoping she wasn't making Batsong uncomfortable with her inquiries. "Aww, don't give yourself a hard time, I'm sure you could still take home more rabbits than me." Sleepypaw confessed she had rarely felt confident in her hunting skills. As they reached Mothermouth she felt a shiver go down her spine. The quarry was void of wind, the large outcropping of rocks blocking the otherwise bone-chilling gales that inhabited the territory. It felt weird not to have the wind ruffle her fur. The darkness was somehow comforting as they traveled deeper into the cave, but she stayed as close as she could to Batsong.

As the room opened up to the cavern, they had luckily gotten there right at moonhigh, allowing the most moon light to fill the carven and shine light onto the stone. The moon cast a silvery glow across their pelts and Sleepypaw found her jaw hanging open slightly. She swore she could feel the power, the raw energy of the moonstone singing to her heart and begging for her to come forward.

Sleepypaw padded forward and laid down next to the base of the stone, "You'll be here when I wake up right?" she mewed, soothing herself before she pressed her nose gently to the stone in front of her and drifted into a deep sleep.

"speech."

Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptyThu 15 Dec 2022 - 21:55

Having been sharing-tongues under a large oak tree near the top of a hill alongside her friends and family, Tulipfang noticed a shape begin to appear not too far away from them, and assumed it was an apprentice here for their moonstone, or at least she hoped that was why they were here. The young she-cat's pelt didn't shimmer with sparkling stars like those of deceased cats, which meant she was probably just visiting. Standing up, the warrior gave her fluffy pelt a shake, sending specks of stardust falling back onto the misty ground. Giving a purr, she bounded off towards the stranger, seeing as though she enjoyed getting a chance to speak with the living.

"Hello there!" Tulipfang called out as she ran gracefully through the grass, her white and ginger pelt shimmering among the stars. "Here for your Moonstone journey?" she asked, slowing her pace and stopping in front of the she-cat. She assumed that was what the younger cat was there for, but it didn't hurt to ask.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Sleepypaw's Moonstone VHQrlk5
Sleepypaw's Moonstone 1QYZaRo

Sleepypaw's Moonstone Molex311
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptySat 17 Dec 2022 - 22:56

Sleepypaw opened her eyes, cringing at the brightness of it. She felt like she had just taken the best nap of her life. It took her a moment to adjust to brightness, but she was in awe after she did. Simply dumbfounded. The calico always had her doubts, but now there was no mistaking it. Movement in the distance caused her to back up a few steps, slightly scared of the cat coming towards her. Her feelings of amazement and wonder were tainted with fear and worry. Even though she had made it to Starclan, the Moonstone worked, she felt vulnerable. This cat was in her mind.

"Hello.." she responded hesitantly but calmly, "Yes. I'm Sleepypaw....from Windclan." she might as well introduce herself, "Who are you?" the other she-cat didn't have much of a discernable scent, or maybe there was one but she couldn't tell. The experience was quite overwhelming and it was hard for her to focus on the she-cat in front of her.

"speech."

Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone EmptyWed 21 Dec 2022 - 21:03

Noticing the younger molly back up a couple paces, she hoped that she hadn't come off too strongly. It must be anything but comfortable to be in a place such as this, and Tulipfang hoped that she could show this apprentice that StarClan wasn't someplace to be afraid of. "Nice to meet you, I'm Tulipfang of ShadowClan," the starry pelted warrior mewed with a dip of her head.

"It may seem obvious, but be sure to stay loyal to your clanmates, alright?" she began, a soft smile resting on her maw as her fluffy tail swished back and forth, sending specks of stardust gently falling around her. "It's such a shame to see cats your age make decisions based on their gut and not the warrior code... and more often than not, they end up regretting their choices," she added, her tone a bit more solemn before, though of course, she didn't just want to be a bearer of bad news to this apprentice. "But it's not like everything you do will be a mistake, just be sure to stick with what you know! Especially if it has to do with protecting your family and clan," Tulipfang finished in a more optimistic manner.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Sleepypaw's Moonstone VHQrlk5
Sleepypaw's Moonstone 1QYZaRo

Sleepypaw's Moonstone Molex311
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone   Sleepypaw's Moonstone Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleepypaw's Moonstone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum