Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

right back where you came [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6065

right back where you came [c] Empty
PostSubject: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] EmptyWed 30 Nov 2022 - 22:55

It wasn't uncommon to find Lightningkit dashing back and forth, or running in circles, or spinning, or basically any kind of activity that meant her paws were moving. If there was one thing that was immediately obvious about her, it was that she hated to stay still. If she had to, to eat or because she was being spoken to and it would be rude to move around too much, she simply bounced on her paws instead.

At the moment, she was in the middle of a one-kit race; from the edge of one budge to the base of a nearby tree and back again. "Ready, set... And... Go, go, go!"

She was just old enough that the games played by younger kits were- well, they weren't exactly boring; but they weren't what she wanted to do all day. Then again, she'd been doing this all day for as long as she could remember, so maybe they were boring? She still joined in sometimes, just less than before.

The golden-furred kit was restless, waiting to be named an apprentice. Once she stopped being a kit, they'd have to stop treating her like one, right?

(When she'd voiced this to her mother, she had laughed and told her she would always be a kit in her eyes; which was more annoying than it was reassuring.)

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 0:50

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw had just been wandering about trying to clear his head when he encountered a kit…racing herself? He sat in bemusement, tilting his head as he tracked the kit’s movements bouncing from goal post to goal post. She was fast, but…stars he couldn’t fathom having that kind of energy, especially not right now. Then again, he was always on the slow-moving side. He wasn’t very playful, even when he was still in the nursery.

He was…fairly certain that the kit was Skyclan. She smelled like it anyway, but he was still having trouble learning to differentiate the different scents of the clans. To him it was all just a lot of ‘overwhelming’, though Birdchaser had been assisting him when she had the chance. He can’t remember if he saw this kit back in the nursery or not. Surely he would’ve? He was only made an apprentice fairly recently, and she seemed on the older side. But maybe he just didn’t notice. His entire time in the nursery, with the exception of a few shining memories of Crookedpaw, were rapidly becoming a blur.

In any case, she stuck close to the Skyclan cats, and things were so muddled right now that he supposed it didn’t matter. Finally, after a few heartbeats of bemused watching, he finally spoke. “Doesn’t that get tiring?”He asked. It was a question he’d asked of Crookedpaw a handful of times when they were younger, watching Crookedpaw play tirelessly the way he always did.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:11

The question made Lightningkit pause in her tracks, but only for a split second. She thought about it for that split second, settling on her answer almost immediately: "Nope!" she replied, then paused again to get a good look at the cat who had asked. He looked sort of familiar, but she still had trouble keeping track of names- she knew her mother, father, and brother, the family that had taken her in as their own; and then she knew a handful of other cats, only one of which was SkyClan. This wasn't Creamkit, so...

She started moving again, circling the other cat curiously. He seemed older than her, but not by a lot- was he an apprentice?

"Why d'you wanna know? And who're you? Or- reverse those? Which way are you supposed to ask, anyway...?"

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] EmptyTue 6 Dec 2022 - 13:42

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw lifted his shoulders in a loose shrug. “I ‘unno. I don't think it matters which order you ask, so long as you ask what you wanna ask.” He replied honestly, turning his head around and trying to follow Lightningkit’s circling with his eyes. He’s hardly one to ask what the right way to talk was. He’s terrible at talking. “I was just curious. I’d get tired after the first go around.” He said.

“My name’s Rainpaw.” He said. “I dunno if we met while I was in the nursery.” His tail twitched with curiosity as he examined the younger she-cat. “What’s your name?” He pulled his tail over his paws.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] EmptyTue 6 Dec 2022 - 13:55

She nodded as Rainpaw spoke and introduced himself. That made sense: the order of the words wasn't important, but the question was. That was good, because she was almost never sure about the order; she just talked, and most of the time the cats around her understood but sometimes they didn't.

"I don't get tired ever," Lightningkit boasted. This wasn't strictly true, but when she was tired she slept; and then she woke up with even more energy than before! "Lightning! Er... Lightningkit," she corrected, whiskers twitching in annoyance. "But Lightning. Like, 'course I'm a kit, why would I need someone to say it? You don't need someone else to tell you you're a cat, do you? So it's Lightning!"

She stopped circling him, curiosity more or less satisfied, but bounced on her paws. She wanted to be moving, but apparently it was- rude? To run around while talking? And she didn't know a lot of other SkyClan cats yet, so she wanted them to like her.

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] EmptyTue 6 Dec 2022 - 14:44

RainpawFourtrees

Did this cat not sleep? Or is she only talking about when she’s awake? Either way, Rainpaw could not imagine. “Lightning." Rainpaw echoed with a little nod, committing the name to memory. “I know what you mean. It was really weird to me at first too. I think it’s just to keep things consistent. You get -paw so everyone knows you’re an apprentice, and so that it means something when you get your unique warrior name. It would feel weird if the other ranks got endings to the names, but kits didn’t.” Rainpaw mused, head tilted to the side. Then he added, "I don't know for sure though. I'm just guessing."  

Rainpaw cleared his throat. He didn't talk that much at once often. He watched Lightningkit continue to bounce on her paws even after stopping, and he offered, “You can keep going. I don’t mind.” If she was never tired and always full of energy, he had to imagine that lent to one feeling awfully restless when having to stay still. He himself sat as still as a statue, but that was his default. It was something that was proving useful in hunting.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] EmptyTue 6 Dec 2022 - 21:06

Lightningkit nodded approvingly as Rainpaw repeated her name. Just Lightning, that was just right. She listened intently, running in slightly smaller patterns a he shared his own theory about why Clan names worked the way they did. At least she wasn't alone in being confused by it, right?

"I guess it would be weird if you went from being just plain old Soft to being called Softclaw," she admitted, considering his logic. "Still. Doesn't mean I have to use it all the time, right? Like my bro is just Sparrow, and Cream's just Cream to me. And then I'm just Lightning. I'm even super fast, and super cool!"

Curiosity lit up her face once more. "So, you're Rainpaw, yeah? What's it like being Rain? Are you always soaked or somethin'?" She looked him over. He didn't look soaked, but maybe he was good at hiding it. "Ohhh! Or does the rain not touch you ever? That'd be awesome!"

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] EmptyWed 7 Dec 2022 - 0:59

RainpawFourtrees

“I call Crookedpaw ‘Crooked’ most of the time when it’s just us.” Rainpaw agreed with a small nod. “But I’m pretty…” He paused for a heartbeat, searching for the word. “Formal. I guess. With most other cats.”

“Rain touches me.” Rainpaw added with a baffled little blink. “I can and will get wet. Actually it’s kind of a pain when I get wet.” He wrinkled his nose. “I get sick easily. Rain’s my name ‘cause that’s what Birdchaser called me when she found me. I was in one of the worst storms of the season.” He said conversationally, though internally, his stomach did a weird little twist as he thought of the circumstances of his introduction to the clan.

“I was a kittypet, I guess, though I hardly remember what it was like.” There was a touch of defensiveness in his tone as he spoke of that, though he looked as neutral as ever. “The housefolk, er, twolegs, left me and my siblings. In the storm. And Birdchaser found me and brought me here, so… y’know. Rain.”

He shrugged, eyes resuming their focus on watching Lightningkit do her spinning patterns. “Lightning suits you,” He added. “Super fast. And…energetic.” He gave a tiny smile. The words were genuine.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: right back where you came [c]   right back where you came [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

right back where you came [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Fourtrees-
Jump to: