Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

anywhere but home [open to tc]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6075

anywhere but home [open to tc] Empty
PostSubject: anywhere but home [open to tc]   anywhere but home [open to tc] EmptyWed 30 Nov 2022 - 20:53

Nightdancer's emotional state felt like it was in a constant shift, never the same from one moment to the next. One day she could smile easily, hunt and laugh with her Clanmates even as she felt like she should be anywhere else; the next she was as listless and despondent as she was now. Curled in on herself next to a bush, pawing at a moss-ball like she was a kit again. Didn't every cat long for their youth?

But she was still young, wasn't she? Shouldn't she be looking to the future? It was hard, though, when every time she did it looked bleaker than before. When she felt less and less like herself with every passing day, unless she was talking with Roseburn, the only cat she knew who could understand her struggles or what she was going through; or unless she got so caught up in acting like she should that she forgot how things actually were for a while.

The future was bleak, the present dull and gray; the past, however, was tinted with sweet nostalgia.

So, moss-ball. That was how she'd gotten to this point.

Green eyes that once shone with mischief and joy fell to the ground, watching the moss roll from one paw to another. It wasn't even a particularly good moss-ball, she noted. It was barely round enough to count as a ball. Now she couldn't even play kit-games properly?

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: anywhere but home [open to tc]   anywhere but home [open to tc] EmptyWed 30 Nov 2022 - 23:14

"One rock for me. One rock for Acornpaw. One for me. One for Acorn..." he mewed to himself, he was one or two bushes down from the warrior- in his new rock hideout -counting out the rocks he had found on his last hunting session. These rocks were sad excuses for rocks, and compared to the ones he had back in his collection at camp, these were just pathetic. Mm..but they sufficed. For now.

Satisfied with his line of rocks he sat up sharply, bonking his head on one of the branches of the bush. "Aw, rats." he hissed as he rubbed his head with a paw, "I told you not to hide in those bushes. You'd get hurt!"

As he backed out of the bush, his rear first, he saw the movement of the moss ball in his peripheral vision and his crystal blue eyes snapped to the black-furred she-cat. Ears perked in interest he pranced over to her, throwing an 'ill be back for you later' look over his shoulder at his rocks.

"Hiya." he spoke, plopping himself down a few tail lengths away, "Good moss ball."

"speech"
A MILLION DREAMS ARE KEEPING ME AWAKE INFO
Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: anywhere but home [open to tc]   anywhere but home [open to tc] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 15:57

anywhere but home [open to tc] 1f339【Briarrose】anywhere but home [open to tc] 1f339

"Hmm?" Craning her neck to look in the direction she had heard Echopaw's voice from, Briarrose stopped walking. She had been on her way to check up on her clanmates but Echopaw's distant voice caught her attention. Her sage-green gaze softened as she thought about her apprentice. Echopaw was her first and she was proud to see him adjusting well enough to the whole situation. With a small smile, the tortie molly renewed her steps, this time heading over to where she'd last heard the young tom. She was curious to see what he's been up to during their stay at Fourtrees.

Arriving at the scene, she paused and then blinked before padding closer. Nightdancer was there alongside Echopaw. She hadn't seen much of the older she-cat for a bit and felt like this was a good opportunity to catch up.

"Echopaw? Nightdancer? Hello, you two. How have you been?" Her eyes soon flickered down to the moss ball the other warrior had been playing with and her smile widened just a tad. "Moss-ball? I have not played that since I was a kit," she purred as she sat down, curling her tail neatly across her paws. "I was not someone who saw the value in letting loose and having fun but the strain that came with being so rigid since a young age made me learn that lesson soon enough." A twinkle made it to her eyes. "I- I also had some outside help. Now, I feel like I have more energy than ever before." Briarrose tilted her head before breaking her formal sitting position and just crouched down leisurely, paws splayed out in front of her. Ah. Much better.

She thought for a moment before speaking up, "I am curious, but, have either of you walked around to get to know those from the other clans? I have not gotten much of a chance to but I was hoping to eventually."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6075

PostSubject: Re: anywhere but home [open to tc]   anywhere but home [open to tc] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 19:03

Nightdancer considered most of ThunderClan, as of late, to be names and faces; little in the way of distinctive thoughts, knowledge, or opinions on each of them. Echopaw was one of those cats to her, too young for her to know much about him; other than that he was Briarrose's apprentice. Watching him now, he seemed a little- odd, perhaps? Not in a bad way, simply... Different. Not like any apprentice she could recall, at least. "...Thank you," she said simply, surprised at his comment. The moss-ball continued rolling from side to side, though her eyes were fixed on the apprentice now- had he come over for a reason?

Briarrose herself appeared a moment later. This was a cat Nightdancer did have actual thoughts on, one of the precious few of her Clanmates she had actively committed to memory despite not talking often. It wasn't as if she talked to anyone often, admittedly- her circle was small, and the time she spent socializing was smaller still. Perhaps she ought to address that, somehow, but it seemed so difficult; even the first step was too far for her to move, out of the comforting veil of solitude.

For the moment, at least, that veil was shattered- between the apprentice's approach and Briarrose readily making herself comfortable. They had fought together, Briarrose coming to her aid, and that if nothing else meant that Nightdancer didn't particularly mind her presence. Mottlestar, Briarrose, Sunstrike... What a short list, wasn't it, the cats that meant ThunderClan to her? Hadn't it been longer, once? And what little things had made her think that way...

She hadn't stopped to dwell on it before, but it bothered her. Shouldn't she have more than names and faces, for the rest of them?

So lost in thought, she very nearly missed Briarrose's question. "...I've been..."

Tired, her mind supplied, along with other unhelpful words. Lost. Confused. Sad. Lonely.

She couldn't bring herself to say any one of those.

"Well," she said, voice soft. "I suppose I've been playing moss-ball."

Nothing of importance, was the underlying answer.

The next question was easier. "Not to meet anyone new, no. But I did manage to catch up with a friend of mine, and I was glad to see she's alright."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: anywhere but home [open to tc]   anywhere but home [open to tc] EmptySat 3 Dec 2022 - 23:47

Echopaw saw his mentor approach and a purr grew in his throat and he smiled so wide his eyes nearly disappeared. The apprentice scooted closer to his mentor and stretched his legs out to copy her before turning his attention back to...what was the name Briarrose had said? Sightprance? Blackdancer? Echopaw couldn't remember.

"I met some Win'clanners and a Shadowclan...uh apprentice. But uh..the Shadowclanner was real big...maybe they don' let their apprentices 'come warriors 'till they're old. I dunno...but those Win'clanners are kinda weird. They talked like this and were squintin' all weird-like at me." Echopaw explained as he mimicked the narrow-eyed glare that Russetpaw gave him. To him, he thought she just permanently had dust in her eyes or something, but in actuality, she was annoyed with him and probably debating whether or not she should beat him up. But that was water under the bridge and he really enjoyed meeting them. They were a hoot.

"speech"
A MILLION DREAMS ARE KEEPING ME AWAKE INFO
Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anywhere but home [open to tc]   anywhere but home [open to tc] Empty

Back to top Go down

anywhere but home [open to tc]
Page 1 of 1