Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

cupid's chokehold [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2501

cupid's chokehold [C] Empty
PostSubject: cupid's chokehold [C]   cupid's chokehold [C] EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 6:26 pm

dc5spdi-223fd39d-435b-4221-abe4-868d044d66bfDayquill

A heavy breath filled Dayquill's lungs, forcing consciousness and stability into him. He had been more than a little shaken the last few days. When the earth moved beneath his paws, he'd been out on his own private hunt, and had had to race to catch up with his family, his Clan. Not only that, but when he'd caught up, he was greeted by his dear sister being reunited with the group. Unlike him, though, who was only stricken by panic, she had been horribly injured. He worried about her horribly, but there was little he could do that Fawnshine wasn't already. He left them to their space.

And then– Blazefang. WindClan had arrived to Fourtrees largely unharmed, or seemingly the least panicked out of the five Clans. Still, he worried about her. He had quietly grown used to admitting to himself that he loved her. Witheringly, Dayquill turned his head upwards, blinking into the star-spattered sky. What sin could StarClan see in something as pure and honest as that? He only shook his head.

A force beyond him compelled him to rise to his paws. Without thinking, the golden tom was slithering between makeshift nests, stepping nervously over the bodies of cats he only recognized from crowded Gatherings. How many times had he spoken to Blazefang in Fourtrees? What, other than the additional ears, made this night seem so oppressive? And what thin voice in the back of his brain decided now, now?

It didn't matter. As he picked his way gingerly through WindClan's sleeping cats, he spotted a familiar bolt of russet fur between other hardly-recognized pelts. Drawing nearer, he nudged her gently with his nose, hoping to rouse her from whatever sleep she'd managed to catch, if any at all. "Blazefang?" His voice was featherlight, like he'd become a whisper himself. "Come with me to the edge of the clearing? I– I want to talk. It's been a while, yeah?"

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2430

PostSubject: Re: cupid's chokehold [C]   cupid's chokehold [C] EmptyWed Nov 30, 2022 1:23 pm

The earth was against them all, Blazefang was sure of that. First the tunnels swallowed up so many, and now this. And being at Fourtrees with Dayquill didn’t help. She saw him every day, but had no reason to speak to him that would permit her to do so in front of so many prying eyes. After all, she had no right to love him, a ThunderClan cat.

Tonight, though, she’d settled down to sleep, banishing all thoughts from her mind for just a few hours. But as someone nudged her awake, it seemed it wasn’t to be. She stirred, yawning and blinking awake to a face she hardly expected to se on this side of Fourtrees. She got up and picked her way around her Clanmates, making sure not to wake anyone. Her heart fluttered as she leaned into Dayquill’s ear and whispered, “Let’s go off into the forest a little ways. ShadowClan might be awake and I don’t want them seeing us.”
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: cupid's chokehold [C]   cupid's chokehold [C] EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:24 pm

Blazefang woke up and joined his side with ease, though she still looked groggy, and a quiet purr rumbled through Dayquill's chest when she leaned against him. She made a good point– in his thrill, he'd forgotten about ShadowClan's nocturnal routine. He passed a cautious look towards where the marsh-dwelling Clan had settled, though it didn't look like any of them had sat upright to stare directly at the pair. Put at ease by that, and grateful for her smarter suggestion than just sitting at the edge of the clearing, Dayquill nodded slowly and nudged them both forward, leaning close against her as he guided them up the rise out of Fourtrees and a little ways into the darkened wood.

Once they had reached the top of the slope and were shielded by trees, hopefully guarded from any curious eyes or ears, Dayquill stepped nervously away from Blazefang, shuffling awkwardly on his paws. Oh, stars– some streak of senselessness had pushed him into this, and now he was entirely at a loss for what to say. He hoped he didn't look too feather-brained, and that he didn't sound entirely senseless when he finally found his voice to start speaking.

"We've been meeting for a while, you know, and uh, we've gotten... well, I think we've gotten really close, don'tcha think?" A tittering, breathless laugh pushed its way past Dayquill's teeth. Oh, he was fumbling this hard. He had already started, though, and he'd been fumbling since Blazefang met him. If she was as endeared to him as he was to her (he prayed that she was), then she wouldn't mind the awkwardness too much. "It's... I know this is a lot to just sort of, you know, spring on you, especially in the middle of the night and when neither of our Clans are even home and... everything. And– I know the whole being in different Clans thing is pretty, uhm, important, so feel free to just make me go, but, uhm..." Oh, stars. He really was saying it.

"I think– no, wait, I don't think, I know I- I– I love you, Blazefang. I'm really, really glad I met you and– and that we've become such good friends, and I wish you were in ThunderClan or I was in WindClan so I could ask you properly how you felt about me or to be my mate or– or... something like that. But I... I don't care about that. I'm asking you anyway." Dayquill hadn't realized he'd been doggedly looking away while he talked, but as he stammered out those last words, his gaze settled firmly on Blazefang. His blue eyes glittered with a well of emotion, and he found himself leaning closer to cover the space where he had backed away, wanting desperately to reconnect to her side; wanting desperately to hear her answer, and quickly, before his nerves would get the better of him and he would chase himself into the woods out of fear and shame.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2430

PostSubject: Re: cupid's chokehold [C]   cupid's chokehold [C] EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 12:05 am

Blazefang sat down, finding herself a bit on edge. It seemed Dayquill wasn’t doing much better. He started speaking. Close? They were certainly close. She’d talked to him about things she never brought up with anyone else! But he was laughing. Was that good or bad? He was cute flustered, but was the reason what she hoped it was?

Then he popped the question. Blazefang started tearing up. He wanted her. He cared about her. Suddenly, nothing else mattered. Blazefang flew forward, practically tackling Dayquill to the ground in a flash of ginger fur. “YES!” she squealed. Then a thought hit her and she stepped back. “Wait, I’d have to join ThunderClan now, right? Um, there’s just one problem. I… might be pregnant. Please don’t think I’m cheating on you, it’s not like that! I just… I have this friend. He has no interest in a mate of any gender, never has. But he wants kits. And he’s been looking for a she-cat to act as a surrogate. Mudfern’s a good friend of mine and I wanted to do this for him. There’s no commitment beyond the pregnancy, we don’t want to co-parent, as soon as the kits are born they’re his and I’m yours and heck I don’t even know yet if I’m pregnant please don’t be mad at me.” She finally paused for breath, looking a bit panicked. Silently, she stared at him, begging him with her whole being to understand.
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: cupid's chokehold [C]   cupid's chokehold [C] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 9:00 am

No sooner than he'd finished speaking, Blazefang shot forward, barreling into him and sending him to the ground. Though he was shocked, and briefly had the wind knocked out of him, Dayquill couldn't help but laugh about it, a full and loud sound– maybe too loud for the quiet of the night, but in that moment, he didn't care. All he cared about was that she'd said yes, with all the force and excitement of his namesake. His cheeks were starting to hurt from the strain of his smile. But the moment of glee was shorter-lived than he wanted; Blazefang stepped off, looking suddenly nervous and pensive, and Dayquill scrambled to sit up properly as she moved away.

I'd have to join ThunderClan, right? Dayquill shrugged mildly. Ideally, yes, he couldn't stand to think of her all the way in Highstones while he was stuck here in the woods, asking her to make the long trek to Fourtrees by herself, or hiding away for the rest of their lives... but he would have, if she didn't want to leave her home. But it wasn't just that– the words kept tumbling from Blazefang, and after pregnant, they all seemed like a blur. The tom blinked, a little dumbly, and was quiet for an uncomfortable beat after she'd started talking. No commitment beyond carrying the kits. Just... carrying them. Carrying them... in ThunderClan? Dayquill shook his head. She wasn't even sure if she was pregnant yet– whether she was or wasn't, it would be alright. Leaning forward to touch his nose to the bridge of her muzzle, he murmured, "That's... that's okay. I'll talk to Mottlestar, and- and we'll figure it out, yeah?" He laughed again, a shakier sound, and added quietly, "Feels bad for Mudfern, but we'll be okay. If you are, and they're– they're raised in ThunderClan, then... then ThunderClan will love them."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6