Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Two Silhouettes (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2430

Two Silhouettes (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 9:06

The silver tabby ran across the marsh, white tail reflecting the light of the moon as her paws splashed through the muddy marsh. Lighttail had been out on a solo hunt but she’d spotted a twoleg, of all things, on ShadowClan’s territory. When she was finally confident she was out of sight, the warrior stopped, panting heavily. Suddenly she caught a scent. A rogue? She inhaled again. Definitely a rogue. “Show yourself, outsider,” she called, a bit hesitant without a patrol to back her up. “You’re on ShadowClan land.”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 9:15

It was nightttime, but it was late, and Astraeus was… mostly sure that the ShadowClanners would be heading back to Fourtrees by now- but if they weren’t, he felt reasonably confident in his abilities to drive them off. After all, the self-styled “next leader of ShadowClan” had put up… a decent fight, he guessed, but Astraeus had been actively trying to avoid combat- even letting the other get in an extra hit. And at the end of the day… now was the best time to take shortcuts, when everyone was huddled at Fourtrees. It was easy for a single cat, used to the business of the city, to stay out of the Twolegs’ sight. He wondered what this meant for the Clans- in his experience, this much activity meant they would bring in their enormous machines and start making new dens for themselves. Where would the Clans go then?

The patter of light paws on the mud caught his attention and Astraeus paused, ears pricked. He wouldn’t let Sablestrike get the first hit in this time- but it wasn’t Sablestrike. It was… Lightttail, that was her name. At her voice- a bit uncertain, a dead giveaway that she was on her own, not a threat- Astraeus padded forwards from where he’d pressed himself against a tree at the sound of her paws.

“Relax, it’s just me,” he mewed, shaking out his fur and tossing the mouse he’d managed to catch on the ground. With a quick movement he batted it towards her, almost like a kit playing mossball. “I’ve eaten already tonight, and you have a whole Clan to provide for. Are you alright? You look like you’re being chased by monsters-“
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 9:20

Lighttail relaxed a bit, not entirely sure why. After all, he was still a rogue. “Yeah, I nearly got spotted by a Twoleg. I don’t know what I’d do if they did see me. The absolute best case scenario is my little brother finding out and me being super embarrassed. But anyway, I don’t know your name. I remember seeing you at Fourtrees, though.” Wait. She hadn’t been able to place his scent then, and now without the other cats she could tell he was a rogue. But what was he doing at Fourtrees? And how did he know that SkyClan cat?
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 10:15

Astraeus chuckled, sitting and wrapping his tail around his paws. He knew that feeling- the feeling of needing to do well on a hunt, not just to impress his father, but full of the knowledge that Ares would tease him to death if he messed up. He’d once been nearly as keen to impress his older brother as Klaus himself… ah, no need to dwell on the past.

”Oh, I’m Astraeus- it’s great to see you in more… pleasant surroundings. I ran into one of your Clanmates, recently- the self-titled next leader of ShadowClan, Sablestrike? Is he your younger brother- he seems to have that sort of energy around him,” he purred. “I’ve had siblings, myself- goodness the teasing we used to get up to. With so many pairs of eyes watching your every move, if you messed up once- Ah, the nicknames would follow you until the end of time.”
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 10:32

Lighttail couldn’t suppress an eye roll. “Guilty as charged,” she chuckled. “Sablestrike’s been like that since I can remember. I think it’s because our grandfather was leader. He wants to make him proud, y’know? But at least my brothers are both quite a bit younger than me, so they know who’s boss.” She was mostly joking, though. Especially now that Sablestrike was a warrior. “So, um, what’s it like being a rogue?”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 11:00

((oh haha I was just guessing, I didn’t even know Sable and Light were related! He just really did give off younger sibling energy I guess lol))

Astraeus grinned- all sharp fangs and gleaming teeth, but genuine. Aye, that was no lie. No-one without younger siblings could summon up that tone of voice- technically, he and his littermates had been just that, littermates, but there had always been a sort of hierarchy among them- Ares at the top, Astraeus somewhere near the top, Aether and Apollo near the bottom, something like an age deal? At least, he saw Aether as a younger brother… though apparently Crimsonflame fancied himself an equal.

“Oh, I can see that. He does have a better chance with a history of leadership in the family, though- at least I’ve heard that’s how it works in some Clans.” he mewed. Technically… technically his… grandfather? Yeah, grandfather had been leader of SkyClan, but that wasn’t information he was about to share with this she-cat. “You’re fortunate that they’re significantly younger- we were all littermates. It was a constant squabble to see who would be ‘the oldest’. Ah, yes- I fancy myself more of a drifter or wanderer… “rogue” sounds like I’m about to bite your ears off, and “loner” sounds exceedingly antisocial- I’ve seen places you couldn’t even imagine, where water stretches out forever and ever until it meets the sky in a rush and a foaming roar… it’s an adventurous life, but I quite like it. How is life as a Clanner?”

Even Sablestrike had seemed interested in his tales of the ocean- the Clanners’ insularity made them susceptible to such tales, at least until they grew older, and acquired that narrow-minded sense of false superiority that characterized so many of their ranks.
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyWed 23 Nov 2022 - 14:26

Lighttail’s heart fluttered a bit when he smiled. Why was that smile so amazing? And his eyes, she could see thoughts cross his mind, barely, yet with no hint as to what they were. He was a mystery, one she wanted to solve.

She cocked her head. “I never thought of that before, but you’re right. Our leader is the son of the leader my mom grew up under and our deputy’s my cousin, so she’s one of Froststar’s grandkids. It’s almost like the power bounces back and forth between the two families,” she mewed. She chuckled at his description of rogues. “Well, it’s good to know my ears are safe,” she joked. Then her jaw dropped. “I wonder if all the rivers and streams in the world go there, to join each other in some kind of ultimate river. I have been beyond Clan territory, as a matter of fact, but definitely not that far! And Clan life? It’s good I guess. ShadowClan’s mostly a couple of big families, so there’s always someone who’s got your back. Still, though, it can be crowded, and don’t get me started on living at Fourtrees. It’s okay having a couple dozen cats in your camp, but the Clans are separate for a reason. Anyway, where do you sleep at night? Do you have a den, or do you just sleep wherever you are?”

OOC: Technically they share no blood since both are adopted but yes Sable and Light are siblings.
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptySun 27 Nov 2022 - 10:08

She talked quickly, and some of the information she so freely provided was lost, but Astraeus’ quick mind filed away what he’d heard for later thought. Interesting- perhaps a sort of upper class within the Clan, a pedigree, almost. He hadn’t thought ShadowClan went in for that sort of thing. Hmmm. That was something that could be used to his advantage once he could match pelts and names to stations and bloodlines- get in the good graces of the upper class, and the rest of the Clan will follow suit?

He grinned at her quip, something sharp yet not menacing. “What brought you beyond ShadowClan’s territory? I’ve never thought a Clanner a wanderer.” A bit of fresh interest sparked in his eyes. This- this sounded an interesting cat…

Oh. Oh, yes, she was a smart one. Astraeus curled his tail around his paws. Whether it was simple politeness that made her ask or something under it mattered not. He’d be a fool to hand out his location to every she-cat that caught his interest. “Here and there,” he mewed, waving his tail. “Find someplace warm and safe, preferably some sort of old den.” That was a lie, that- what kind of fool slept someplace where predators could lurk? He typically bedded down in thick undergrowth, or even in a tree hollow if the area was dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 11:18

Lighttail sighed a little, a faraway look overtaking her eyes. “I don’t know if you were around here for the heavy storms a while ago, but it was especially bad in the marsh. A flash flood swept the whole clan out of camp. Most made it to ThunderClan or SkyClan territory, but my aunt and I were swept away beyond Highstones. It took many days for the two of us to walk back, especially as injured as we were. So yeah, I’ve traveled, just not exactly by my choice.”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 12:16

A flash flood? Astraeus had never been caught in one, thank the stars, but if the stories he’d heard were true, of a broiling cliff of tumultuous water- this she-cat was a survivor. Like he was, but different- he fended for himself, she willingly took up the burden of looking out for others. He wondered, idly, how she’d survived the flood. ShadowClanners weren’t marked for their ability to swim.

Lighttail, whether she knew it or not, was a wonderful source of new information. Flash flood in ShadowClan a few moons ago- ThunderClan, SkyClan, even beyond Highstones? Interesting- the waters must’ve taken an odd route. He would’ve expected them to all end up in RiverClan camp.

He listened intently until she had finished her tale. “I could say the same for myself. What brought you back to ShadowClan? What stopped you from chasing the sunset and following the stars to faraway lands?”
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 12:30

Lighttail shook her head. “The thought never crossed my mind. One, I knew my mother had to be worried sick. Two, while I just had a concussion, my aunt was wounded. We had to come home to get help from a medicine cat. And frankly I’m glad we did. I guess it’s interesting to think about what all is out there, but if I didn’t come back I never would’ve met my little brothers.”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 12:36

Oh.

She had ties.

Cats she loved more dearly than life itself, cats she’d give up the true thrill of adventure for. A true wanderer would’ve cut ties, then and there, enticed by the opportunity life offered. It would’ve stung, aye, but it would’ve been worth it, in the long run.

He listened still, sympathetically, none of the pity in his heart showing on his face. “Ah, yes, I’ve heard that you separate your healers? I’ve never seen the point of it, myself. Why not every warrior know some of the basics, and a select few a little more? Why not instruct the elders in medicine so they can continue to serve their Clan? Why not teach every kit the simplest herbs and steer them away from the poisons? Who knows how many lives could’ve been saved with a touch of simple knowledge?”

Hopefully this would entice her, make her think some more, use that brain that he knew she had. ‘Don’t let yourself be constricted by the iron rules of the Code. Think for yourself- follow your own heart, not the laws set up misty ages ago which no longer apply.’

At least, that’s what he wanted to say- he knew she was indoctrinated, too deep in to swim out now, even with a helping paw. She’d have to get herself closer to the surface before he could pull her out.
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 12:43

Lighttail was stunned by this tom’s brashness in picking apart the Clans’ way of life, but she had to admit he had a point. After a few stutters and false starts, she finally answered. “You’ve got me there. Still, from what I’ve seen remembering all the herbs and their uses is pretty difficult, not necessarily something most elders would care for. And we do teach kits what to stay away from. But you’re right, I did have days when I wished I could help my aunt with her wounds. Still, though, I was just an apprentice. But regardless, the path of a medicine cat isn’t for me. I’m a warrior. I worked long and hard to get here and now here I am.”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 14:24

“Difficult? Mayhaps, but surely pointing out a few plants to safeguard against infection or simply not to eat wouldn’t hurt, would it? See- Lighttail, you shouldn’t have to choose.” His voice grew earnest as he leaned forwards slightly, eyes shining. “You have worked long and hard to get where you are, of that I have no doubt- yet were you the one to decide that the path of the medicine cat wasn’t for you? Or was it decided for you? Are you given autonomy in any fashion? Or is it a guise, a fair cloak of perceived freedom covering the dark truth of an iron prison- one of words, not stones.”

The silvery tom leaned back, a bit of shame flitting across his face. “Apologies, I just- it’s simply something I feel strongly about. Let’s- let’s change the subject, shall we? What sort of territory did you travel beyond Highstones? I doubt I’ve been in that direction.”

Would she show further signs of a keen wit? Or was she already too tangled in the musty, out-dated rules her contemporaries upheld, already entangled and dragged down into depths from which he would never be able to show her the sunlight?
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) EmptyTue 29 Nov 2022 - 9:09

Lighttail bristled a bit. “Hey now, don’t criticize something until you’ve tried it! I don’t think you understand just how complicated herbs can be. We have remedies for everything from wounds to greencough, it’s not just a few simple plants. And for the record, yeah, Fuzzybelly wasn’t looking for an apprentice when I was growing up, but his new apprentice used to be a warrior, so I could definitely switch paths if I wanted to.”

She couldn’t help but be a bit relieved when he changed the subject. “Mostly forest, I guess, not that different from ThunderClan territory, but definitely more hilly. Ugh, have you ever fallen down a hill with a concussion? Not fun. Still, I must admit it was really pretty out there. Perhaps I could’ve enjoyed it, under different circumstances.” Why did he have to be so handsome and so annoying at the same time? Astraeus was driving her crazy with his criticism of Clan life, and yet something drew her to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Silhouettes (closed)   Two Silhouettes (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Silhouettes (closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next