Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Awkward kit antics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Panthera

Panthera

Characters : Sandkit [WC]
Clan/Rank : Windclan
Number of posts : 17

Awkward kit antics  Empty
PostSubject: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 12:57

It was one of the few times Sandkit had been allowed to leave the nursery on his own. However, unlike most kits, the young tom did not make a fuss about it. He didn't have to play and mess around with moss balls. The moor was just beyond the camp walls, calling him. One day, Sandkit will roam Windclan's territory as a warrior apprentice. In complete silence, the white-furred kitten walked through the camp, not getting in the way of warriors and apprentices. Settling down next to a rock, his blue eyes scanned the clan's morning routine. Not much emotion could be appreciated in his facets, but he was deeply interested in the conversation between apprentices and their mentor, hoping to learn something before he gets his 'paw' suffix.
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1261

PostSubject: Re: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 13:14

Silverwing sat in the open expanse of camp, soaking in the rays of the sun while she groomed herself. She would have liked to sit under the shade of the gorse wall, but the chilly breeze that permeated the camp had made her usual spot entirely too uncomfortable. Her grooming stopped as her eyes met a kit. He's so... Cute! Silverwing perked up, forgetting about her plans to go hunting for the evening, and padded over to the little bundle of fur. A wide smile broke across her face as she regarded the adorable kit in front of her. "Hey there, what's your name? I'm Silverwing!" She greeted the kit with a gentle voice, holding back the pure excitement that rushed through her.
Back to top Go down
Panthera

Panthera

PostSubject: Re: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 14:06

The young kitten was so absorbed in listening to his surroundings that he didn't notice the warrior approaching until she was a whisker away from him. Instinctively, Sandkit's back and tail fur bristled as he jumped back clumsily, ears flattened against his head. His back bent to make himself look bigger and he bared his small fangs at the she-cat. However, that was just his initial reaction of surprise. Slowly, the young tom took a less hostile attitude when he realized that the silver-furred warrior didn't come to him with bad intentions. With wary eyes, Sandkit took a more relaxed pose, but he couldn't help his bristled tail. "Hi..." He finally muttered. "I'm Sandkit. I guess... I'm sorry for baring my fangs. You surprised me." He could feel the heat accumulating in his ears as he mewed those words. Sandkit was embarrassed for almost hissing at a clanmate for no good reason.
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 14:22

Although it was supposed to be intimidating, Silverwing's heart melted at the sight of the kit trying to defend himself. Stars, this kit was entirely too cute for her. She wanted to wrap him up in an embrace and hold him forever. "You're okay, Sandkit. That's a very lovely name, your mother must be proud to have such an adorable little warrior." She took a couple tentative steps toward the kit, afraid she might scare him off. Lowering herself so that she was almost eye level with the kit, she let out a purr. "Is there anything you want to do today? As a warrior I can show you around, though there's not much to look at around here." She took a quick look around camp, aside from the warriors and apprentices around camp it was just an open sandy pit with nothing too stimulating to a kit. Thinking quickly, Silverwing added, "Or we could play something, like moss ball!"
Back to top Go down
Panthera

Panthera

PostSubject: Re: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 12:59

The blood on his face got warmer when the young she-cat complimented him, making a mention of his mother. A little more confident, the lanky kitten managed to give the molly a half smile and a puffed-up chest. His blue eyes glimmered with hope when Silverwing called him a warrior... one day, that dream will become a reality. "T-thank you miss." He mewed with a low voice.

When their eyes finally met, the tom could feel the warmth and kindness of the warrior. Sandkit's fur finally returned to its rightful place and his tail lifted slightly, as a sign that he was comfortable around the silvery warrior. The tom couldn't contain a small gasp of excitement when the warrior offered him a chance to speak with her about warrior stuff. Sure, he still was 2 moons away from being made an apprentice but... if Silverwing could teach him something before, he would surely impress his future mentor! He looked shyly at his paws while trying to find the right words to not sound rude. "I... I don't really like mossball. I wanna play something that can help me with my warrior skills. I know I'm young and not allowed to leave camp but... I really, really want to be a warrior, just like you, Silverwing. Do you think... there's a game like that?"
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 14:06

The tiny tom's words kindled a heat in Silverwing's chest. He didn't want to be just like her, she knew. He just wanted to be a warrior like her. Still, those words coming from such an innocent little fuzz ball brought her joy. "If it's a warrior's skills you want, then why not try hunting? We could use some moss for the prey, or we could find some bugs, and I could teach you how to stalk real prey." Maybe that would be a little too boring for Sandkit. She ran through some possibilities in her head, wondering what else they could do. A warrior's tasks mostly boiled down to hunting and battle, but she couldn't spar with him. Could she? Silverwing supposed as long as she didn't hit him it would at least be fine. "I guess we could spar too, if you want. I could teach you some moves!"
Back to top Go down
Panthera

Panthera

PostSubject: Re: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 15:16

The tom tilted his head and a small, almost unbearable laughter escaped his mouth. "But you're so big! I don't think that would be fair haha." He chirped, thinking the idea was a funny one. Sure, he wished to learn how to fight, but he was only going to end in the dust if he dared to fight with Silverwing.

Sandkit jumped back and crouched, his tail flicking from one side to another. "Hunting sounds more fun!" In reality, the white-furred tom didn't really think that hunting was 'fun' per se. It was a job after all. But he did want to impress Coyotegrin once she came back from the patrol. "What should I do? I want to catch a bug and show it to the other kits. After that, I'm sure they would want to spar with me and you can teach us."
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 20:18

Silverwing's heart fluttered as Sandkit tried to hold back his laughter. If cuteness was a weapon, this kit was dooming the entire forest. "Stars, you're adorable. I hope your mommy tells you that every day." She offered the kit a sweet smile before straightening herself to a sitting position. "I'm the best hunter in all of Windclan, no one can catch prey quite like me, so you've picked a great teacher. First of all, let's see your hunting stance, it should look something like this." Silverwing positioned herself in a crouch, keeping her body low to the ground and her ears perked. She didn't have to explain to him the importance of stalking, bugs weren't bright enough to notice that they were being hunted. Whoever this kit's mentor turned out to be would have that responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awkward kit antics    Awkward kit antics  Empty

Back to top Go down

Awkward kit antics
Page 1 of 1