Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2230

Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] Empty
PostSubject: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 10:57

The excitement from her initial waking up had died down, and it honestly shocked her how many cats had been there to greet her. Swiftheart came quite often, making time whenever she could. With Batpaw in the apprentice den now, and Cinderkit not too far off, it felt like her sister was always here again. She was practically hovering over her at this point, but she didn't mind one bit. Even though she didn't say much during her visits, it was nice, as Swiftheart kept her up to date with all that was going on in the Clan. Sometimes Duskflight was with her, offering a more quiet, comfortable presence. She found that she was growing to like the mate Swiftheart had chosen.

Nightstar also visited a bit, keeping true to his promise. It was a lot more awkward than her time with the sociable Swiftheart, but it made Roseburn happy. Even if neither of them always knew what to say to each other, just the fact that Nightstar was there? That was all Roseburn ever wanted.

Today, however, there was a new visitor. One she hadn't quite expected. Wasn't that Nightstar's apprentice?

Her brows furrowed together, both confusion and slight worry evident in her features.

"Sablepaw? What are you doing here?"

OOC: I give up typing the weird way Rose talks now so use your imagination xD That waking up topic was a pain enough lol

Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1256

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 11:34

He had been worried about her ever since she had returned from her rite. Her body had been absolutely brutalized. He had wanted to check up on her, but the constant stream of family members stopped him. He knew he would get his chance, and it turned out that time was now. Padding his way confidently into the medicine den, Sablepaw looked her over. She seemed to be healing fairly well, but that jaw looked... wrong. It was only a moment later that he realized it didn't just look wrong, it didn't function properly either. Her words sounded as if they were spoken through a mouthful of fresh-kill, and without the use of her tongue. Or maybe too much tongue? "I just came to check up on you, you didn't look to good when the others brought you back to camp." He didn't want to tell her the fear he felt when he had seen her, that sense of helplessness he always had when he saw his clanmates got injured. "Is there anything I can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 11:43

He was here on his own terms. Nothing was wrong with Nightstar. She could feel herself relax knowing that everything was okay. Thank the stars everything was okay.

She attempted to smile, shaking her head when he asked if there was anything he could do.

"There isn't anything I can think of right now. But thank you for checking up on me. I'm sorry if I scared you a bit. I'm guessing that wasn't a very pretty sight." She chuckled slightly, a little dismayed at the thought of just how bad she had looked. She still had not actually seen what she looked like, she only knew what Nightstar had told her. Now that the initial shock was gone, part of her was scared to see. She didn't want to know what had happened to her.

She realized she had gone quiet, and instead brought her smile back, trying to appear a bit more sociable than normal. "So how is your apprenticeship going? Is my brother a good mentor?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 12:23

“You didn’t scare me,” he protested, “I was just worried, that’s all. I wasn’t there to protect you, maybe if I was…” Sablepaw knew that there was nothing he could have done, even if he had been there. There were capable warriors at her rite, Nightstar included, one apprentice never would have made a difference. His voice softened slightly as he dropped the act. “Yeah, I was scared.” Sablepaw left it at that. She may have been his clanmate, but she was still effectively a stranger. "Nighstar is a great teacher, but he doesn't have a lot of time to waste training an apprentice." He felt like he said that a lot recently, but had a feeling that might soon change.
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 20:46

Roseburn chuckled as Sablepaw tried to deny his fear, before eventually admitting. She winced a bit at the pain in her sides, but eventually she settled down. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare anyone. I bet I would have been just fine if I had you with me, I should have known better."

Although her ears flattened a bit when he said Nightstar didn't have time to train him. "I feel ya there. Took a while for Nightstar to be able to make time for me too. But he really is trying. I'm willing to bet if you talk to him, he'll listen. And when I get outta here, how about you and me go out for a training session?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 12:10

Understanding her wasn't an easy task, but he felt as though he always got the gist of what she was saying, and if he didn't he would just fill the blanks in himself. Sablepaw shook his head at her response. Though he appreciated her attempt to cheer him up, he had to be honest with himself. "Nightstar was there, and Swiftheart, and all the other cats that left with you. One apprentice wouldn't have made a difference." Still, he wondered how it had taken so long for her to receive help from the other warriors in attendance. Sablepaw's ears perked up at her suggestion. "Uh, yeah, that would be great!" He tried not to get too excited at the offer, after all he didn't know how long it would take her to heal. "You'll be out of here soon, right?"
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 13:15

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
Sablepaw had asked if she would be out of here soon, and Roseburn cringed. Would she be out of here soon? She actually didn't know. How far along healing was she now? It still felt like everything hurt.

"I don't know. I wish I could say. I think Fuzzybelly would know more than I do. I sure hope I can get out of here soon."

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Fri 14 Oct 2022 - 15:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 13:46

Noticing the warrior's cringing, Sablepaw couldn't help feeling as if he had somehow offended her. "I guess I should let you get some rest. Keeping you up probably isn't too good for the healing process, is it?" He glanced around the medicine den quickly, looking for signs of Fuzzybelly, wondering if she would be there to chase him off.
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 13:24

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
Sablepaw decided it would be best to leave, and Roseburn dipped her head in acknowledgement. He probably didn't want to stick around too long, considering in retrospect, they hardly knew each other. "Alright then. I'll see you when I get out of here for that training session."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]   Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Can't Wait to be King [Sablepaw]
Page 1 of 1