Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

always kind of sunny (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

always kind of sunny (c) Empty
PostSubject: always kind of sunny (c)   always kind of sunny (c) EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 13:40

The river rushed high, still running through the last dregs of the rainstorm that had swept ShadowClan out of their camp. However, it was still no problem for a skilled RiverClan cat to navigate. Perchstar's sleek form cut through the water, paddling easily downstream from the border patrol she and Stormdance had just finished. Due to the late heat of the day, they had decided swimming to Sunningrocks to hunt for some fish would be the best use of their time, as well as a good way to cool off and rejuvenate their energy from the long trek. Normally, Perchstar preferred walking to swimming; however, on bakingly warm days like today, she had no problem with letting the cool water stream over her fur. The fish would likely be seeking warmer waters, near the flat stones of Sunningrocks, so hopefully they could catch two in one swipe and accomplish both of their assigned tasks.

Soon, Perchstar climbed up onto the gray rocks, briefly shaking water from her fur. Hopefully she was far enough away that she wouldn't shake water into Stormdance's eyes. Then, she sat on a rock, resting her muscles from the swim for a moment. She would fish after a brief reprieve. Till then, she groomed her fur, calmly licking a paw and flicking droplets from her ear. She spared a glance for the warrior accompanying her. Stormdance had been an apprentice during the Dark Forest's reign, but since then, he had grown into a fine and capable young warrior. In fact, he had trained several apprentices to warriorhood already. It occurred to her that he might want to hear her say so. How did one go about giving praise? It seemed so... abrupt, after their long silent swim to Sunningrocks. Still, if he was doing well, it was her job to inform him of such. After grooming herself for a while, Perchstar spoke. "How has Rowanpaw's training been?" she asked politely. Her still-dripping tail swept across her paws, leaving a dark streak of water on the dry, warm rocks. "I know he is... opinionated. However, given your previous mentoring successes, Poppyshine and I were sure he could be entrusted to you. You have been a good mentor in the past."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: always kind of sunny (c)   always kind of sunny (c) EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 14:31

Stormdance

Stormdance was content as he followed Perchstar across the river. Their patrol had gone well so far, no predators or other interruptions, and while his thick fur didn’t appreciate the overbearing heat of the sun, he was grateful that it wasn’t storming or raining. He’d had quite enough of both. Besides, the mostly quiet patrol had been comfortable thanks to his company as well. He looked up to Perchstar a lot, respected and trusted her. She had led their clan for almost as long as Stormdance could really remember, as most of his memories before were a blur at best, and as far as Stormdance was concerned, done a wonderful job the whole time. Though he didn’t know her personally like he did Poppyshine, he felt a similar sense of comfort in her presence. (and a bit of anxiety like he did with Poppyshine, as he worried about messing up in front of his leader.) He couldn’t imagine a Riverclan without Perchstar.

The cool river washed away the worst of the heat that had sunk into his pelt, and he sighed happily as he came up on the other side. He followed Perchstar’s lead in shaking the water off the pelt, giving himself a few quick licks. He glanced at Perchstar and it was with relief that he saw her settling down for a moment. His leg, while healed, got sore easily still, especially with swimming and all the walking they had been doing, so he was more than happy to settle down nearby and take a rest. He curled his tail over his paws, closing his eyes for the moment and tilting his head up towards the sun and enjoying its rays on his face.

His ears flicked with surprise at Perchstar’s voice, and he opened his eyes and turned to look at her. A good mentor? Perchstar thought he was a good mentor? Even after everything that happened, even after Perchstar herself had to be the one to rescue his first apprentice?  Stormdance’s fur grew hot at the praise, and he couldn’t help the tiny smile that appeared on his face. Though, with it came a spark of guilt. He hadn’t told Perchstar, or indeed anyone, the circumstances that led to his and Rowanpaw’s encounter with the fox. It had been more of an impulse decision, one made when he and Rowanpaw were still injured and Rowanpaw hadn’t even woken up yet. He figured that his point about the dangers of sneaking out had been made, and he had spoken to Rowanpaw about it again at length to make sure of that. It was now, when he was fully recovered, that Stormdance realized that he had unintentionally kept secrets from his leader, and regret flooded him.

He cleared his throat a bit, trying to chase away his swirling thoughts. “I… thank you,” He said softly. “I appreciate the trust you and Poppyshine have put in me.” He dipped his head a bit, the words causing a little bit more guilt to settle on his tongue. “Rowanpaw’s training has been… going better,” He gave a wry smile. “He’s young. He’s learning. Beneath all that posturing, he really does have a good heart, just like his mom.” He chuckled a bit, his smile widening with genuine affection. Rowanpaw still drove him crazy sometimes, but things had been better. He was starting to understand the young tom. A balance had been struck between them, one Stormdance was determined to maintain.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: always kind of sunny (c)   always kind of sunny (c) EmptyTue 20 Sep 2022 - 19:07

As Stormdance settled down, gratefully taking the chance to rest, Perchstar momentarily allowed herself to enjoy the warm sun on her water-cooled fur. The meeting of opposite temperatures was a delightful sensation, and not one that she experienced often. Her eyes closed briefly. As they did, the warrior answered her question and well-deserved praise. A little bashfully. She felt the urge to chuckle at Stormdance... well... dancing around the attempt at a compliment she'd afforded him. Opening her eyes, she saw the warm look on his face when speaking of his apprentice. Poppyshine had truly made a good choice of mentor for Rowanpaw; she doubted many other RiverClan warriors could match the patience and care that the gray tabby had given to the arrogant pawful of an apprentice. Hopefully, due to the teaching from his mentor, Rowanpaw would become a great warrior.

She did not give an exact voice to her thoughts. Instead, she simply nodded to show that she listened to the warrior's words. Her eyes drifted down from his face to the river, where a few sunlit gleams on the water showed evidence of yet more fish lazily drifting down the swift rapids. They had gone here to hunt, after all. Perchstar was silent, eyeing the silver flashes in the water, slowly raising a paw as she considered where to strike. Then suddenly, her paw dipped into the water, claws shining as they unsheathed in a single fluid movement. She caught what she was aiming for easily; in the same graceful movement that her paw splashed into the river, a large salmon was drawn out of it, which flopped around on the rocks for a brief moment until the leader's same claws put a swift end to its life. Shaking water droplets off her paw, feeling a quiet glow of satisfaction at the successful hunt, Perchstar turned to Stormdance once more. "I am glad to hear he hasn't been too much of a nuisance," she responded simply. "I am sure any kit of Poppyshine's shares her same great potential. With your help, I believe Rowanpaw will be able to reach that potential-- and even be motivated to. He seems to listen to you more now than when he was younger. Do you find that to be the case?"

Perchstar attempted to catch a fish. Success! -3 SP

Last edited by Ash on Tue 20 Sep 2022 - 19:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15124

PostSubject: Re: always kind of sunny (c)   always kind of sunny (c) EmptyTue 20 Sep 2022 - 19:07

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

always kind of sunny (c) Mistpe10
always kind of sunny (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: always kind of sunny (c)   always kind of sunny (c) EmptyThu 22 Sep 2022 - 14:38

Stormdance

Stormdance watched Perchstar’s successful catch with a smile, giving a small purr of congratulations. He got to his feet again just to take the few steps forward to the river’s shore properly, settling down again so he could join Perchstar in the hunt. His eyes focused on the water, waiting for the perfect moment to strike, and as he did so he responded to her words softly.

“Yes, I think so.” He said thoughtfully. “He’d never admit it, but I think the experience with the fox rattled him.” He gave a humorless chuckle. “It rattled me too, so I don’t exactly blame him for that.” Stormdance never wanted to feel that helpless again. He still felt guilt over not being able to protect Rowanpaw as much as he wanted to, but he was trying to take Brookstone’s advice on that matter to heart. He couldn’t control everything, and Rowanpaw had made it out alright. That’s what mattered.

“But he’s been more dedicated lately.” He doesn’t even complain when Stormdance takes him hunting, which is truly a surprise. Not that there aren’t still plenty of things Rowanpaw complains about, like his elder duties, but he tends to at least still do them more often than not. “He has a natural talent for fighting. He’s been doing really well in our sparring.” Not that Stormdance would say that to him in so many words. He’s not light with praise by any means, but telling the already cocky apprentice he had a ‘natural talent’ in anything would make his head get far too big. Stormdance bit down a chuckle at the thought, another rush of affection hitting him. “I’m proud of him. He still has a ways to go but… I think someday soon he’ll make a fine warrior.”

After Stormdance trailed off, his sharp blue eyes caught sight of a fish darting through the water up stream, heading right underneath his waiting form. He fell silent for a moment as he waited for the moment to reach in and strike. His claws caught slippery scales and he dug in, pulling the flopping fish out of the water and finishing it off quickly. He set it down near Perchstar's catch and sent her a brief, warm smile.

Stormdance attempted to catch a fish, and succeeded! It cost him -3 SP.

"I've found I...rather enjoy being a mentor. As stressful as it can be sometimes." He admitted with another soft chuckle. "Do you enjoy it? Mentoring I mean?" He settled back into his hunting stance as he spoke, though he glanced at Perchstar curiously. "You mentored Poppyshine when she was an apprentice, right?" He can only imagine what Poppyshine was like when she was an apprentice.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Last edited by lostfanboy on Thu 22 Sep 2022 - 14:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15124

PostSubject: Re: always kind of sunny (c)   always kind of sunny (c) EmptyThu 22 Sep 2022 - 14:38

The member 'lostfanboy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

always kind of sunny (c) Mistpe10
always kind of sunny (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: always kind of sunny (c)   always kind of sunny (c) EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 17:48

Perchstar considered Stormdance with interest, watching him as he responded to her question. Her heart clenched momentarily at the reminder of the fox. Yet another altercation with a fox, on her territory... thankfully they had managed to fight it off. Still, her suggestions had not solved the problem. At least Stormdance had been there to help Rowanpaw. Otherwise, Poppyshine may have lost another cat she cared about, and RiverClan may have lost a promising young apprentice. The thought was uncomfortable, so Perchstar shoved it away and listened to the rest of the tabby's words.

She gave a congratulatory nod at Stormdance's successful fish catch, before flicking an ear at the question he asked. Perchstar's gaze grew thoughtful. How long ago had it been now, that she mentored Poppyshine as Poppypaw? Back in the middle of leaf-bare... the harshest season the forest had seen in years. Right before the Dark Forest invasion. It was not a pleasant time to remember, for the most part. But... there were some good memories. Mostly, involving the young calico. "It took me a while to get used to being a mentor," she admitted. "My first apprentice died. But my second apprentice grew to be a great warrior." Tinypool... where are you? What happened to you? I hope to the stars that you are okay, simply living your best life elsewhere. She dismissed the thought of her former apprentice with a pang in her heart. Like many other RiverClan warriors, Tinypool had disappeared shortly after the Dark Forest was defeated. There had been neither hide nor hair of her to be seen anywhere in the forest. Unlike....

"Though it was not something that came easily to me, I did enjoy mentoring Poppyshine," Perchstar acknowledged with a slight upturn to her mouth. Rarely did thinking of her dear friend not bring the urge to smile. "You would think our personalities are opposite. But truly, when we interacted, it felt natural. I was able to teach her, and she was able to teach me many things too. I believe that if it were not for her guidance, I would not be a very good leader... or a very good cat. Her kindness saved me in one of the darkest periods of my life." She blinked suddenly, drawing her gaze away from Stormdance's. She had not... intended to go so into depth with her feelings. Slightly embarrassed, she flicked an ear, choosing instead to rearrange the fish she had caught to a different part of the rock. Hopefully she had not overshared. "Poppyshine is also... a wonderful deputy," she murmured, slightly subdued.

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: always kind of sunny (c)   always kind of sunny (c) EmptyThu 29 Sep 2022 - 11:22

Stormdance

Stormdance felt a sympathetic pang as Perchstar spoke of her first apprentice. He'd felt the panic at nearly losing his apprentices several times now, with Woolywing's unfortunate encounters with multiple predators and Rowanpaw's encounter with the fox. He could only imagine Perchstar's pain at having to experience fully losing an apprentice, especially if they were close like how Stormdance was with his. Still, he couldn't help but smile a little as well as Perchstar talked about Poppyshine. It was a rare sight to see Perchstar smile even a bit, at least as far as Stormdance knew, and it was nice to see the normally neutral leader express some joy. Then again, Poppyshine tended to have that effect on other cats.

"She is," Stormdance agreed with a small nod. "You two make a very good team. As leader and deputy, I mean. I'm grateful that for most of my life, I've been able to see Riverclan under your guidance." He cleared his throat after the compliment, worried he had overstepped. He carried on quickly rather than let the moment linger. "Poppyshine was one of the first friends I made." He commented almost absently. "I didn't really know how to... talk to other cats for a while." He gave a soft laugh. "She does have a way of making you feel more confident, doesn't she?" He smiled. 

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP