Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2375

every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) Empty
PostSubject: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 15:50

Rookfire had been assigned to go on a hunting patrol with Marshmallow. Despite her inviting him and other cats to a Really Special Friend Group, they never really reconnected after the flood swept them all apart from each other. Happens, I guess. Some friends come and go. Still, it would be good to learn more about Marshmallow, and if she was actually a fox in sheep's clothing or not.

He didn't have any problems with her from his experience, but the late Mistyfalcon had always thought that Marshmallow was suspicious for one reason or another, that she somehow caused Loudnose's injury and that she seemed disingenuous. The black tuxedo did get a feeling that she was hiding something, though he wasn't sure what. "Hey, Marshmallow!" he said, grinning at her. "You ready to go?" He didn't know how close he was with her, and he thought it would be best to not feign closeness to her by giving her a nickname.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) Image10
Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 1:57

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow quietly groomed her black-and-white fur, preparing herself for a hunting patrol. Well, it wasn't much of a patrol with only two cats, but it still counted, and she really couldn't care how many cats were on patrol with her and who. She jumped, quickly leaving her thoughts and staring at Rookfire. "Oh, right, yeah." She lifted herself onto her paws. "Where are we patrolling, Rookfire?" She asked, sighing softly and looking to the dark silverpelt above.

She still couldn't get her mind off of Froststar's death.

Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 12:37

Rookfire noticed that Marshmallow seemed... more distant than he had last seen her. Nothing concrete, just... a feeling he got from her. And he wasn't sure- wait, no, he knew exactly why. Froststar's death. He was like a father to her, so it made sense that after the gathering she was feeling this way. It made him feel guilty for having these suspicions about her manipulating cats in the past.

"We'll be patrolling... not that far away from camp, just in case one of us gets hurt or gets caught on something." He didn't think he had to explain it fully to the black-and-white she-cat. Besides, he knew that now was not the time or place for that. Signaling for Marshmallow to follow him, the black tuxedo led them to the marshland where they could start hunting.

As the two cats arrived at the marshes, Rookfire gazed back at Marshmallow to see if she was okay. "We're here," he said, gazing around at the hunting grounds. "It would probably be best if we spread out, so we could catch more prey in two separate areas. If you need anything, hunting or otherwise, call me and I'll come over." Despite the doubt that Mistyfalcon's comments of Marshmallow irreparably sowed in Rookfire's heart, at the end of the day she was still his friend, and he would always be there for his friends when they need support.

Scanning the area, he noticed a big toad in the distance, probably two paw-lengths long if he had to guess. Getting into his hunter's crouch, the black tuxedo stalked the toad, making sure to keep his scent downwind and to stay quiet with the muddy ground underneath him. As he got closer, making sure that the sound of his pawsteps didn't squelch too loudly, he wondered if he could still catch a frog in ShadowClan territory after so much time. He thought it would still be drilled into him like instinct, but he wasn't sure. Well, time to find out. Launching himself at the toad, the black tuxedo stabbed it with his claws. "Yes!" Nipping its neck, he gave a silent prayer to StarClan before bringing it back to where he and Marshmallow entered from.

Last edited by Mamenchisaurus on Thu 15 Sep 2022 - 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15095

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 12:37

The member 'Mamenchisaurus' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) Mistpe10
every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 8:30

MARSHMALLOW
-

As Marshmallow padded along, she realised that her sorrow wasn't the only thing that was bringing down her mood, she also noticed she had a bellyache, coming in pulses of pain as if her insides were being moved around. She took in a deep breath and tried to ignore it. She'd have to see Fuzzybelly about it. It wasn't too bad, though, it shouldn't stop her from hunting.

Marshmallow followed the tom into the marshes. She gazed around the trees. Ears flicking over to face the tom as he spoke. She nodded, but stars, her head hurt. Maybe she should've gone to Fuzzybelly first.

Trying to ignore her own pain- mentally and physically- Marshmallow tried sniffing out any piece of prey. She'd have to go for something easy, she didn't want hunting to be too stressful... that'd be another thing she'd have to ignore. Frogs... Frogs were easy, and her favourite prey.

She scented one not far away from where she was standing, and after a bit of searching, she found it, it was just sitting there. It should be an easy catch... Crouching down, she prepared to leap. Luckily, it was quite an easy catch, she picked up the frog's limp body and carried it to where Rookfire was standing, with a toad.

Marshmallow attempted to catch a frog... Success!

"Nice catch." She purred, but her tone was rather dull. "I think I feel sick, should we head back?" She swallowed down the sick feeling, but it felt as if it just wouldn't stop bubbling up. "I'm not forcing you, if you want to catch more prey for our patrol, that's understandable... I just don't feel well." She felt dizzy. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to stop herself before she wobbled, but that only seemed to make her headache worse.

"Stars... what is wrong with me today?" She muttered under her breath. Marshmallow's entire body felt weak, as if she ate bad prey... maybe that was the problem? "I think I ate a rotten piece of prey or something..." She explained, she wasn't too sure about that though, she could've sworn she picked her prey from the top of the pile...

Last edited by Memories on Sun 18 Sep 2022 - 8:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15095

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 8:30

The member 'Memories' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) Mistpe10
every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 9:48

Rookfire noticed Marshmallow walking up to him, a frog in her mouth. "Same to you!" he said, grinning at her. She obviously didn't seem that happy, though. Perhaps she couldn't get her mind off of Froststar's death.

"I think I feel sick."

That explained it. "Yeah, if you're not feeling well, we should probably head back," the black tuxedo said, moving forward to pick up his toad. "I could diagnose ya if you want me to, though, just in case you want to stay hunting," he added, before grabbing the toad he caught. Standing back up, Rookfire waited silently for Marshmallow to make her decision.

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyMon 19 Sep 2022 - 0:37

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow felt a wave of relief rush over her when Rookfire agreed, though what Rookfire offered made her tilt her head. Diagnose me?.... Oh, right! He used to be a medicine cat, didn't he? Marshmallow nodded. "If you could." She slowly lowered herself onto her side. "Yeah, I was thinking maybe I ate some rotten mouse or it's just an annoying stomach bug, but I'd like to know for sure." She licked some of her black chest fluff down, smiling softly at the former medicine cat. "Well, what's up, med?" She laughed to herself, before tensing at the pain.

Is StarClan trying to kill me or something?... Foxing Dark Forest, it hurts.

Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyMon 19 Sep 2022 - 15:37

Rookfire nodded at Marshmallow, gazing at her. On the outside, she seemed somewhat normal, except her stomach was a little bloated. It certainly seemed reasonable that she ate rotten prey, but it wasn't exactly solid evidence either.

After all, Marshmallow could also just as easily be expecting kits.

Rookfire's first instinct was to make a joke about it, but he didn't want to make it when he didn't know if she was pregnant or not. After all, making a joke about pregnancy and saying that he didn't know would not be very pleasant for Marshmallow. "Hey, Marsh, do you have any other symptoms? Like, do you feel dizzy, are you more tired than usual, that kind of stuff." The black tuxedo gazed at the black-and-white she-cat, waiting for her response.

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyTue 20 Sep 2022 - 0:51

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow looked at her dark paws as the tom looked over her. She zoned out for a bit before snapping back to reality as Rookfire asked her something. She looked over to the tom and thought for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, I've been dizzy today. Um... I.." She hesitated. "Don't know if I've been more tired, I'm always tired. I think I've actually been eating more if that counts?"

She thought for a moment. She could recall feeling really sick after she woke up- almost vomiting... But it was embarrassing. But he's trying to see what's wrong with me... "I... almost vomited after I woke up tonight.." She muttered, flicking her ears back.

Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyTue 20 Sep 2022 - 15:48

Rookfire gazed at Marshmallow. Tiredness, fatigue, increased appetite, vomiting... was that just- "Marshmallow, I think you're pregnant with kits." The black tuxedo gazed at the black-and-white she-cat. "This may be a shock, but the symptoms are consistent with symptoms of pregnancy." He didn't know how she'd react to the news, or even who the father was. Still... that was a she-cat's business, and he didn't think he would be able to pry that from her anyways.

Noticing the toad he dropped slowly sinking into the muddy ground, the black tuxedo turned back to Marshmallow. It seemed like her world was sinking. A part of him didn't know if he was willing to make a commitment to Marshmallow, despite her being dubious at best. At the same time, this was about her kits, and making sure that they have good role models who are there for them and love them unconditionally. "If the father refuses to raise the litter, tell me, and I'll help you raise them. That's a promise."

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 19:23

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow stared at the tom for a long moment. Expecting? Her gaze did not move away. She wondered if he was joking. "Please tell me you kidding with me..." She pulled her legs to her stomach before lifting herself up. "I can't... I can't raise these kits. What if I'm just like my- Soottail?" She flicked her ears back, finally looking away from Rookfire to stare at her stomach.

"I... I already know who the father is. He won't raise them. He can't." She lashed her tail. "Oh, he'd probably break up with me over this." She started pacing, thoughts clouding her mind. "Expecting..." She muttered. She stopped pacing for a moment and stared back at Rookfire. "You have to help me raise them. I don't even want to tell the father I'm expecting his kits..."

In all honesty, she did want to tell him, she was going to tell him. Especially if he was going to break up with her because their relationship was found out. It's fine. As long as ShadowClan didn't know, they were fine. She took in a deep breath, and sat down, staring at her paws. "First Froststar dies and I'm not there to say goodbye, now... Kits." She muttered to herself, ears still pinned back.

Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 22:12

It was obvious that Rookfire's last commitment fell on deaf ears, as Marshmallow panicked about raising her kits even further. "Hey, Marshmallow?" he said, but she seemed to be completely out of control. Her mother's name coming out of her mouth, Rookfire realized that this was more than just an unexpected pregnancy. Soottail... wasn't that her mother? Then... with what she was saying... that must mean...

She was raised by a solo parent, too.

Rookfire let out a deep breath. He was raised by solely his mother when he was young, which was right when the Asylum arrived in ShadowClan. As the moons passed, he and his mother began to butt heads, and Iniko pulled him away to raise him as an Asylum Standard, he began to see the Standard Captain as more and more as a father figure. (Which he did not realize at the time, for the record.) When he died, it created another void, though he compensated by building a network of friends he trusted and respected, which helped keep his spirits up. That's why I was unsure of giving Marsh that promise. That's why I seemed to flirt with pretty she-cats when I got the chance, but always refused to make the next move, even when it wasn't illegal to do so. That's why I never was able to find someone I loved. I understand now.

Despite the ultimatum Marshmallow threatened him with, the black tuxedo stayed calm. "You don't have to threaten me, Marshmallow," he said, standing his ground. "I said that I'd help you raise them. You're not the only one raised by a single parent." Sighing, the black tuxedo sat down, flipping the now half-muddy toad he caught over so it didn't sink further. "I haven't told anyone this, but... my father wasn't around when I was young. And I had a rough relationship with my mother, who was probably overworked and stressed trying to take care of me. That's the last thing I'd want for your kits."

Thinking back to Marshmallow's comments about the father. If she didn't want to tell the father... The first thing he thought of was a forbidden relationship, but he didn't think that... well, he didn't know Marshmallow. At all. She could absolutely have been in a relationship with a cat from another clan. At the same time, she could also easily... not be, and the cat is someone in ShadowClan who just didn't want to raise kits with her. Either way, it didn't matter. She needed someone to help her raise her kits, and he was the perfect cat to ask.

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 22:36

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow worked on calming herself down at the very least, before finally looking back up at him. "No- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was threatening you, I'm just stressed." She quickly explained, her tail curled around her black paws tightly, her breaths were deep and slow. Marshmallow listened to Rookfire's words, somewhat interested. If he... hasn't told anyone, then he must trust me...

She glanced behind her, as if worried someone was watching. "I'd... hardly even say I was raised by Soottail. I think it was moreso Frost that did that part." She chuckled, but there was a little bit of pain in her tone. "I dunno, maybe Soottail was too stressed to take care of me. Losing all but one kit from your very first litter must've been... hard." She narrowed her eyes. "But that still isn't an excuse for what she did- or what she didn't do."

"I don't want to consider Soottail my mother anymore, but I don't want my kits to think the same of me. I want to actually try. If you're willing- and it sounds like you are- we can raise them together, and they won't have to suffer like either of us did."

She paused for a moment, wondering if she should also explain who the father was. She didn't, though, and remained silent.

Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 23:26

Rookfire listened to Marshmallow vent to him about her relationship with her mother - who she apparently didn't even consider her mother. Froststar raised her more than her mother ever did... it all started clicking now. He felt like he understood her more, even though she seemed to hide her true self in a mask. "Yeah," he said. "Honestly, I distanced myself from my mom before I was six moons old, and we never repaired our relationship to this day. And Iniko was more of a parental figure to me than my actual mom." He wouldn't go as far as to not call her his mother, but in his eyes that was a very low bar to cross.

As Marshmallow reinforced what she was talking about before, Rookfire gazed at her. Once she stopped speaking, he had a slight hesitation (still!), but he pushed it away to give the black-and-white she-cat a curt nod. "Sounds like a plan to me." He still had no idea how to be a father, but he thought that if he tried his hardest to be a good father for his kits, then hopefully they'd be able to grow up to be strong, confident cats who were happy with who they were. And it seemed like he and Marshmallow were on the same page here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)   every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

every time that i see you, i'm so confused (closed)
Page 1 of 1