Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

If You Ever Need Me [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

If You Ever Need Me [c] Empty
PostSubject: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 1:24

Honeypaw

Despite the fact that their camp still needed many repairs, and Honeypaw was currently sleeping outside while the apprentice’s den was being rebuilt, he felt more well-rested and cheerful than he had the entire time he’d been in Skyclan’s territory. It was just so nice to be home. He knew that there were still plenty of troubles to be had, and his fur prickled with how wet patches of their territory still were, but he was home, and that was all that mattered.

So he threw himself fully into taking care of his clan and doing everything he could to help with the rebuilding. And that meant also helping to take care of his clanmates. Which is why he was trotting over to Leopardsun after coming home from a hunting patrol, seeing her settled down and bringing with him a frog for her and a mouse for himself. “Hey Leopardsun!” He greeted her with a purr. “Do you have a minute to eat together?” He wanted to make sure Leopardsun was eating enough and taking good care of herself. He can only imagine how stressful all the duties of being deputy were, especially with how much needed to be done for their clan right now. And besides, he cared about Leopardsun and he liked spending time with her any chance he got.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6024

PostSubject: Re: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 1:36

Leopardsun was taking time to rest, which was in itself an improvement from how she'd been in SkyClan. She was still working hard enough that she barely had time to blink when she laid down to sleep (out in the open, under the cold starlight and warm summer breeze), but she at least wasn't moving non-stop or starving herself in order to do so.

"...Hey, Honeypaw," she greeted with a small smile. A part of her wanted to refuse- she had wanted to get back to work as quickly as possible- but she also didn't want to worry someone she considered a good friend, especially after their stay in SkyClan's camp. "I think I can spare a little more time."

Accepting the frog gratefully, she glanced around the camp; full of cats hard at work to rebuild what they had lost. "It feels strange to be back, doesn't it? So much is different now. Are you holding up alright?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 16:46

Honeypaw

Honeypaw beamed when Leopardsun accepted his offer, settling down next to her happily after giving her the frog. He took a bite of his mouse as Leopardsun spoke, and then hummed. “It does,” He agreed with a nod. “A good strange, but… strange. It’ll take a while to adjust, I think. It won’t feel right until we get things back to some semblance of normalcy, I think.”

“We’ll all need time to adjust. Like how a lot of the territory is still all…” He wrinkled his nose. “Gross and wet.” He laughed. “But it’ll dry with time, and we’ll recover with time.” He shrugged, then looked at her. “As for me, I’m honestly feeling a lot better. There’s still a lot to do, and I’m still worried about a lot of things but… at least we’re here, you know?”

He nudged her. “How about you?” He smiled. “Gotta be a big adjustment, being the deputy now. I’m proud of you by the way, in case I haven’t already said that. You’re already doing amazing. You earned it. But still-- it’s gotta be stressful. And I know there’s probably other things on your mind too.” He said. He’d noticed the absence of Vixenpaw in the area where the apprentices were sleeping, and knew that she was still missing. He couldn’t imagine how hard that must be for Leopardsun.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 20:46

"...It's been an adjustment, yeah," Leopardsun admitted, slowly tearing into the frog. "I've always given my best to ShadowClan, but... I feel like I know how to be a good warrior. I don't know that I know how to be a good deputy, if that makes any sense to you."

The warrior rolled onto her side, visibly relaxing despite the stress she was still under. The weight on her shoulders was a burden she was glad to bear, but something that would take time to get used to. The words came without her consciously thinking as she spoke, really. There wasn't any forethought to it, just a desperation to be understood. "I just don't want to let everyone down. A deputy has so much responsibility to their clan, and we're still recovering... But even though I'm giving my best, sometimes my mind is only half-present. We're survivors, but..."

She shut her eyes as she recalled her sister; gray-and-white fur and green eyes that so resembled her own (despite there being no blood shared between them) clear in her mind. "...Not everyone made it. Froststar didn't make it. I still don't know where Vixenpaw is- I just hope she's okay."

Honeypaw knew at least some of her complicated feelings, so she kept talking; though her volume was soft. Words meant only for a sympathetic ear. "First we were born into a world without the stars, into a darkness so much deeper than shadow, and then those same stars took so much from us to ensure their own return. Was it fair? I don't know. I don't... I can't believe it was. I can't believe that my parents' death was- was justified! And we had to learn to live in a world that was suddenly so different, and I... I don't know that the cats who didn't live it like we did would ever understand. It's just not the same."

The sorrow in her voice slowly bubbled into something closer to bitterness, just a hint of anger underlining her words. "I thought I was adjusting! I thought... I thought I knew what to do, and that if I could protect Vixenpaw it would be okay! But then the flood... I couldn't do anything for her. I couldn't keep her safe from that. How could anyone? And now she's gone, and I don't know if she's safe wherever she wound up... If she remembers that there's someone who loves her, someone still searching for her. She was just as heartbroken as I was when we lost our parents. What if she ran away? What if I never see her again?"

What if she's dead?

She couldn't accept that.

"I've lost my parents. I've lost my mentor- we lost our leader. Twice! And in every way that matters, I've lost my sister. If StarClan is so powerful, so great, how could they allow such suffering? How is this fair? What grand plan could be worth losing those we love?" Leopardsun took a deep breath, closing her eyes again. "Who will it be next? Will it be Echomist or Nightstalker? Snowfoot or Swiftheart? You or me? It keeps me up, sometimes. Like I said, we're survivors... But I'm so tired of surviving. Why don't we just get to live?"

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 20:18

Honeypaw

Honeypaw listened quietly, not interrupting and just letting Leopardsun speak what was on her mind. He settled next to her, lightly resting his tail next to hers so that there was a tiny reminder of his presence. He hadn’t experienced all that she had, but some of it he could understand, and the rest he could sympathize with. He waited until he was sure she had finished, and then took a rare moment to think before he spoke.

“I know what you mean.” He said, gaze drifting upwards towards the sky. “It’s not fair. We’re expected to trust them to guide us, to take care of us, and yet they can’t even be bothered to warn us when the worst comes.” He shook his head, and a rare bit of his own anger seeped into his voice, bubbling deep in his stomach where he normally kept a lid on it. But he knew that Leopardsun understood why he felt that way, and didn’t judge him for it, something that was a huge comfort. He’d rarely even spoken about his feelings on Starclan to anyone else, but with Leopardsun, it was as easy as breathing.

Honeypaw shook his head. “It’s not fair, to have gone through all we have and then still be expected to believe that there’s some sort of guiding force looking out for us. Because it sure doesn’t feel like it.” He looked at Leopardsun again. “I agree, about cats who didn’t live through it like we did being able to understand. We were born when the Dark Forest was here, we were born in a world without the stars. They weren’t taken away from us, we never had them in the first place. And then the way they came back…”

Honeypaw shuddered, thinking of the battle with the Dark Forest he tried so hard to block from his mind most days. Even now, despite his best efforts to forget the she-cat, Fawnpatch often haunted his dreams. Especially after the flood. He didn’t think he’d ever be able to wipe away the image of her calling out to him as Swiftheart killed her from his mind. “It was bloody and violent and… and we lost so much that day.” He looked at Leopardsun. You had to lose so much that day, and… and what do we have to show for it, really? For them being back? The Dark Forest being gone is a good thing, of course, but... still...”

Then Honeypaw sighed softly. “I’m sorry, Leopardsun. For Vixenpaw, for your parents- for everything else. I may not believe that Starclan is looking out for us, but I do believe in Vixenpaw. She’s strong. I hope you two reunite, and soon, but… no matter what, I’m sure that she’ll be okay. And so will you.”

He took a deep breath, looking back up towards the sky. “We deserve the chance to live.” He dug his claws into the dirt for a moment. “No, we’re going to get the chance to just live. Whatever Starclan’s plan is- I don’t care.” He huffed and looked at her. “Shadowclan will have its chance to just be. And we can’t… we can’t control what happens. But.” He smiled weakly. “At the very least, I don’t plan on going anywhere, no matter what Starclan’s plans are for me. And I’m going to do whatever I can to help make sure we don’t lose anyone else.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] EmptyThu 22 Sep 2022 - 21:56

"You're right. Wherever she is, I'm sure she's okay... She has to be okay. Vixenpaw's strong, and she's smart, but I still worry. She's my sister- it's my duty to worry. She took losing Deerleap and Sootspirit as hard as I did, if not more so. ...Mostly I'm afraid that she doesn't want to come back. That she doesn't realize there's someone still waiting for her to come home... Or that she doesn't care. That would be worst, I think."

It was a weight off her chest, to speak freely and plainly of her worries. It would be less so, she imagined, if she hid them less- but weakness was weakness, and she had to lend all the strength she could spare to ShadowClan. There wasn't much room left for Leopardsun's anger, or her sadness, or her exhaustion.

"We have our freedom, I suppose," she said as he asked what they had to show for it. "We survived to fight another day. Whether or not it's worth anything... I suppose it depends who you ask, really."

With a long, drawn-out sigh, she continued: "...Right. That's it, isn't it? That's how all the stories end, or at least the ones I remember. If we want there to be peace, we'll always have to fight for it. Nothing worth having comes easy, isn't that how it goes?" Leopardsun sighed softly, some small part of her anger melting away and leaving a resigned smile on her face. "We'll just have to support each other. StarClan might be a part of our lives, and one we can't ever quite escape, but ShadowClan is us. The living, breathing cats that surround us. The ones we love. That's worth something, no matter what else might befall us. We'll still have each other."

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 17:07

Honeypaw

Honeypaw’s eyes softened as Leopardsun talked about Vixenpaw. “I’m sure she knows how much you love her.” He said softly. “Anyone could see that. Her included.”

Honeypaw gave a slow nod. “Even… even if we have to keep fighting. I think it’s worth it, for the good moments.” He said softly. “The moments of peace. When we actually get to breathe.” He looked towards the nursery, where kits are playing around outside the semi-repaired den. “The moments where we get to be with our friends and clanmates.”

“Shadowclan is us.” He agreed with a small nod. “And you’re right. No matter what happens, we’ll always be there, and we’ll always have one another.” He took a deep breath, and then Honeypaw smiled a bit and looked back to Leopardsun. “And I’ll always be here for you, you know. If you ever need to talk about these things or if you just need to be upset with someone for a while.”

“A lot of cats are relying on you now. I want you to know you have me to rely on when that gets to be too much.” Honeypaw gave another warm smile.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 11:45

"I suppose that for now, all I can do is believe that you're right about that."

And it was hard to believe in that, when there was still an empty space she'd always left for Vixenpaw. Even where she had been sleeping while the dens were rebuilt, out under the stars, there was a space she had left beside her; a space she had picked because she thought Vixenpaw might have appreciated it.

"It has to be worth it. There has to be a reason to keep fighting, even if we have to make it ourselves." Leopardsun followed the apprentice's gaze toward the nursery, feeling her heart warm at the sight of kits playing. If she had any say, any part to play in this, she would do all she could to ensure they never went through everything the two of them had suffered. "The ones where we get to just be."

As he continued, she lowered her head; her voice heavy with emotion when she finally spoke.

"...Thanks, Honeypaw. I really appreciate it."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You Ever Need Me [c]   If You Ever Need Me [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

If You Ever Need Me [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum