Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5642

Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] Empty
PostSubject: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 9:11

The clouds that promised rainfall earned a momentary glare from Brackenwing as she sat atop the lone stump. She was supposed to be looking for prey, but movement from above had drawn her gaze upward, a bird passing in the distance. It was large enough to possibly be a hawk or similar bird of prey, though the wings were long and pointed. She could make out pale patches on the bird's throat and tail, but other details were obscured by the glare of the sun that was still struggling to peek out from behind the cloud cover. As quickly as it appeared, the bird was gone.

Deciding the strange bird wasn't a threat, Brackenwing turned her gaze back toward the sprawling moorland. She'd come out here to hunt, not to gaze at the sky. She could see a pale figure in the distance, Owlshade, she realized. Was he out hunting as well? She needed to actually spend more time with her siblings, maybe...

The fuzzy brown shape of a hare moved through the grass in the distance, quickly catching her attention. Brackenwing abandoned her post, muscles rippling as she angled toward it. She would never be fast enough to catch one outright, but if she could get close without being seen she'd be able to intercept it before a chase could truly get started, she hoped.

She was close now, and muscles tensing, the marbled tabby lunged forward. The hare turned just as she did, and swearing under her breath, Brackenwing gave chase. She'd managed to get close enough, but chasing down hares was very, very low on the list of her favorite activities. Her claws caught a hind leg, and Brackenwing yanked it towards her, fangs sinking into the hare's neck as it struggled. The catch had earned her a sharp kick to the chest, but the hare was done for. Good thing too, because it had taken her lungs a few moments to recover after being kicked. Hares were strong, but Windclanners were stronger. Grimacing, Brackenwing got to her paws, finding the hare hadn't gone far before succumbing to the wound at its' throat. She buried it and turned, searching for her brother's pale fur. He wasn't hard to find at least, sticking out like a sore paw in the mix of gold and green grass.

"Hey, Owlshade!" ...She was panting. Raising a kit and not having been back to her normal duties might have left her a bit out of shape. Or maybe it was that kick that had knocked the wind out of her.

Brackenwing attempted to catch a hare for -3 sp. Catch was successful.
137 / 140 sp

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer

Last edited by kjSage on Tue 6 Sep 2022 - 9:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 9:11

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] Mistpe10
Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 17:16

Ears flat, eyes narrowed, and belly against the dry grass, Owlshade stalked forward. The small cluster of quail that he'd been stalking had finally moved out into a more open area, and as he took a step forward, weight back on his haunches and preparing to strike, movement drew his eye across the field, and he watched distantly as Brackenwing tussled with a hare before bringing it under control and ending it. She'd improved, that was for sure - speed had never been his sister's strong suit, and it wasn't his either... hence his preference for hunting birds.

One of the birds moved and Owlshade snapped his pale eyes back to them. They seemed to scent the blood on the air, so without wasting more time, the young warrior dashed forward before they fully spooked. The birds took flight at his sudden appearance, and with a correction in his momentum, Owlshade twisted to the side and sprang up, catching the quail by one outstretched wing and as gravity took him back to the ground, he brought it with him, flapping and screeching to the ground. "Will you-" he went in for a killing bite and got fended off by the slap of the free wing "-shut up," he snapped. The darn thing was going to scare off every prey animal on the moors.

Finally he maneuvered to a spot where he could snap his jaws around its neck, and the bird went limp. Owlshade sighed gently and licked a ruffled patch of fur off his shoulder, before turning the bird over with a paw. He heard his name and turned to see Brackenwing approaching. He lifted his tail in greeting. "Hey," he murmured, and nodded to the hare she carried. "Nice catch."

Last edited by JJ on Tue 6 Sep 2022 - 17:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 17:16

The member 'JJ' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] Mistpe10
Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptyThu 8 Sep 2022 - 20:24

Owlshade had gone after a bird, twisting and leaping to catch it midair amidst some rather unfortunate squawking that would be sure to scare off nearby prey. They'd both caught something, at least, so it wasn't too bad. "Nice catch, yourself" Brackenwing mewed as Owlshade approached, whiskers twitching. Birds were certainly not a common sight on the fresh-kill pile, and with their wonderful track record when it came to being fast, it was impressive.

"How've you been? It's been a while." It felt like they hadn't talked in moons. With how introverted Brackenwing was... okay, maybe they hadn't talked in moons. Her ears slid back at the thought. Sorry mom, I know I need to do better.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 14:57

The tom ducked his head at the praise, turning the bird over with a single claw. He grinned lightly, a rare sort of expression for the pale warrior who hadn't had a terrible lot to smile over in his life. "I've been... fine, I suppose," he said dumbly. "What about you? And... how's Lynxpaw doing?"

Owlshade had only so much as greeted his sister's kit in passing here and there, making no effort to actually get to know the youngster despite their shared blood. The guilt of his reclusiveness tugged at him often, but it was easier this way.

A light sigh escaped him. "I'm sorry, Brackenwing. For not being... around, I guess. I've just been..." again he trailed off, and met her eyes, lifting one shoulder in a slight shrug.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 18:08

"She's-" Oh foxdung, what did Brackenwing know? Training, training and more training, had kept her from interacting with her daughter much, too. From what she'd heard Lynxpaw seemed to be doing fine, at least. "-okay. Busy training, and my own apprentice is a pawful." She mewed. She would have to make some time to spend with her daughter, maybe when they got back to camp.

She could hear the guilt in Owlshade's voice as he spoke up again, and her heart ached in sympathy. "Yeah no, I get it. I haven't been much better, have I?" Brackenwing asked wryly.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 16:41

Owlshade grimaced at his sister, not looking away though his eyes were now colored with dry amusement rather than guilt. "I suppose it just... runs in the family."

He picked up his bird and moved towards Brackenwing, gently flicking her with his tail as he drew nearer. "How about... we both agree to stop being so distant, and actually hang out every now and again? And if you ever need help, with Leafpaw... or if you need a break, you know you can ask me, right?"
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sibling Bonding [Owlshade]   Sibling Bonding [Owlshade] EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 19:35

"Maybe it does... We really ought to change that." Brackenwing mewed, whiskers twitching. Owlshade padded forward, lightly flicking her with his tail, and she relaxed as he spoke again. "Thanks, brother." She responded, bumping her head against his shoulder, "I think I'll be alright if Mintheart doesn't badger me to death. I appreciate it, though. Really. And same for you."

"I think we've done enough keeping to ourselves."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *