Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

...But That's None of My Business [Open]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ghostleviathan

ghostleviathan

Characters : Daypaw
Clan/Rank : Skyclan | Kit
Number of posts : 18

...But That's None of My Business [Open] Empty
PostSubject: ...But That's None of My Business [Open]   ...But That's None of My Business [Open] EmptyWed 31 Aug 2022 - 20:19

Young as he was, Daykit liked to think that he already had several things going for him in life - firstly, that he was hardly the smallest kit in the nursery; secondly, that he only gave his mother grief every so often and was instead, he was certain, an overall delight.

But presently, and pressingly, he also possessed an important third thing.

He understood keenly just how little he knew.

ShadowClan's scent mingled with the familiar scents of his home more and more, these days. He understood that it was unusual, tasted the slight edge of stress in the air whenever he opened his jaws. This was not how things were supposed to be, and everyone was simply making the best of it. When he sat, tail over paws, just outside the nursery and looked out onto the camp, it was clear that "the best of it" varied widely from cat to cat.

ShadowClan warriors who were clearly close and grateful to still be together. Cats pacing and mourning over the ones they were missing. Cats thanking or cursing StarClan, kittens and apprentices tentatively navigating the living situation. Daykit heard it all, and saw a lot, and moreover he was more than a little inclined to ask, if any cat were willing to spare him a moment.

What is it like? What have you lost? What have you gained?

He decided, then - he would ask the next ShadowClan warrior he met eyes with who looked remotely patient enough to indulge.

It did occur to Daykit that he would miss it, a little, when ShadowClan was gone.

...But That's None of My Business [Open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: