Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Training at Dusk [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1428

Training at Dusk [c] Empty
PostSubject: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Comfreyheart
Sandy Hollow

Comfreyheart’s pawsteps were swift and quick.
The sooner they got to the Sandy Hollow the sooner she could begin training. The long-furred, black molly would of course slow down when Twilightpaw needed, but she mainly kept an eager pace. Soon they were at the chosen training grounds. The sandy arena was prime place for learning to fight, the soft ground a mixture of red sand and dirt. If one of them were to fall hard, they were less likely to be badly hurt.

“Alright, here is where you'll begin to learn about fighting. Fighting is very important in warrior life. You will use it to defend your clan against all sorts of dangers. Mainly predators, second to other clans. I have a pretty awesome move I’ll teach you today, one only us Thunderclan cats know!” The molly’s excitement only grew as she talked. She truly loved getting to teach future warriors. “But first let’s see what natural talents you have. Attack me, however you’d like.”

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 1:48 am

Twilightpaw HP: 20/20 SP: 55/60

There were few things that the tom, could find himself worked up over, but admittedly - the idea of finally being able to learn how to fight put in a large kick to his step. Even better than that, he had Comfreyheart to teach him, who was one of the most well-respected cats in the whole clan! Surely, she wouldn't steer him wrong.

"Right now? Just straight on?" Twilightpaw wondered allowed, the thought passing over him before it seemed as if he answered his own question. He wasn't a kit anymore, he reminded himself, and began to leer forward and unsheathe his claws. He was sure he wouldn't get much of a scratch in, but he would try his best! "Alright..."

His sharp hazel eyes narrowed on the larger molly, taking a second to circle around until he felt like he had a good enough angle and leaped forward, aiming for her shoulder.

Twilightpaw used Front Paw Blow on Comfreyheart, dealing 4 damage and costing 5 sp.

Training at Dusk [c] PDt1Qqd Training at Dusk [c] Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 4:40 pm

Comfreyheart
Sandy Hollow

While she could see countless opportunities to dodge or counterattack, she refrained for the sake of seeing how hard Twilightpaw could hit. “Good!” she cheered, though the unpracticed strike didn’t effect her much. We'll work on that later. For the moment though she would continue the assessment, and it was her turn. “Now watch out-” To see how well he could react, Comfreyheart rushed her head at where the apprentice stood. Hopefully this wouldn't hurt too much.

[Comfreyheart used Headbutt, dealing 7 damage and costing 5 stamina.]

- Twilightpaw -
13 / 20 HP (-7)
55 / 60 SP

- Comfreyheart -
46 / 50 HP
115 / 120 SP (-5)

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 pm

Twilightpaw HP: 20/20 SP: 43/60

His eyes widened as she came charging back at him,the apprentice still so young that she was nearly twice her size. It had only been a moment that fear had flashed across his face before his instincts took over, and his gaze instead narrowed into thin slits, his brows furrowed in focus. Twilightpaw was smaller, which at least meant he had a small advantage in speed. He moved before he finished a thought, leaping out of the way, her head still grazing his side - but he managed to shrug off much of the pain, flashing a claw to swipe at her side and baring his teeth down on her shoulder.
---

Twilightpaw used dodge and fight successfully + snap; costing 12 SP and dealing 11 points of damage to Comfreyheart.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Last edited by Ebony on Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 pm

The member 'Ebony' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Training at Dusk [c] Mistpe10
Training at Dusk [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 9:59 pm

Comfreyheart
Sandy Hollow

She was surprised by the tom,
narrowly avoiding his claws. During her hesitance Twilightpaw bit into her shoulder, causing Comfreyheart to yelp. She shook the apprentice off and leapt out of his range. Turning back to him, her eyes showed nothing but concern and guilt. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. Did I hurt you bad?” she asked before licking the bite clean. Perhaps the molly didn’t know her own strength. While she loved being a mentor, this was only her second time. The molly's battle prowess had improved much since her first apprentice. This needs a lot more delicacy than something like sparring with my brothers.

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 10:20 pm

Twilightpaw HP: 20/20 SP: 43/60

The tom twisted and landed on his feet, spinning around with hackles raised and breathing heavily through his teeth. It was only once he realized that the older she-cat had let her guard down and looked at him with concern did he realize that something was off. Twilightpaw relaxed himself, blinking at his mentor in confusion. "Huh? I'm fine." He meowed, pausing to look at her, and them himself. An awkward smile crossed his face. "Sorry, I guess I was taking it too seriously! I just want to be good at it..."

He suddenly felt warm under his pelt, licking down a few stray hairs on his chest.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 3:06 pm

Comfreyheart
Sandy Hollow

Comfreyheart relaxed,
“You did great Twilightpaw. That was the ideal reaction to an attack, I guess I was just wasn’t expecting it,” The molly offered a supportive smile before continuing,

“I want to teach you a better strike, as well as tie in that Thunderclan-exclusive move I mentioned. Thunderclan is all about strength in battle, so we train to build our muscles and the power in our strikes. One move that will certainly give your opponent a headache is what we call Thunderous Stomp! It’s where you rapidly bash the enemy’s head with your paws, stunning them for a few seconds. Every second is an advantage in battle, so it’s good to take that advantage with moves like these.”

During her monologue the warrior had padded to the edge of the hollow, dragging a somewhat thick branch back in. She laid it in front of her apprentice before taking stance beside him. “So, to practice your strike, I want you to break this branch with your paws. Make sure not to hurt yourself though- try swatting down on it like you would with a leaf or mouse. Watch carefully.”

Comfreyheart demonstrated for the tom, raising her paw as high as her jaw before slamming it down with controlled force. “You don’t whack it with your paw, but more like pushing it down into the earth. Make sense?” She turned to Twilightpaw, hoping that was explained well enough.

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 2:55 am

Twilightpaw HP: 20/20 SP: 33/60

The apprentice nodded slowly as he took her words in, looking somewhat overwhelmed as he witnessed the size of the stick she dragged over. Twilightpaw carried the blood of ThunderClan in him, but he wasn't sure that he could have been deemed as the most muscular cat. He took well after Minnowfin and Mottlestar, in that his body was more slender and lithe... but he couldn't let that stop him, right? He would find the right strength if he put effort into it.

It seemed to work for Comfreyheart. His ears perked forward as her weight slammed down onto the branch, sending splinters flying. "I got it," he nodded and walked forward, wiggling his toes as he psyched himself up. When he felt ready, he near jumped up onto the hind of his legs and slammed his paws down as hard as he could. And then again. And again! It near put him out of breath. "Am I doing this right?"

Twilightpaw used 'Thunderous Stomp', dealing 1 (one) damage to the poor, innocent stick and costing 10 stamina.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training at Dusk [c]   Training at Dusk [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Training at Dusk [c]
Page 1 of 1