Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hydrophobia [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

hydrophobia [C] Empty
PostSubject: hydrophobia [C]   hydrophobia [C] EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 9:05 pm

Birdchaser padded along quietly, not bothering to look behind her as her paws lead her over the familiar stony earth. She'd had intentions of scouting out the Highpine now for some time now, but before she'd went she'd made the offer for a few of ShadowClan's cats to join her. It was their home, after all; if she was going to be investigating the water levels, at least a pawful of them deserved to accompany her. She wouldn't keep that from them. Slowing her steps, the deputy flicked her tail, staring ahead. The ground had become less hard-packed dirt and rock, slowly growing softer and lusher underpaw. That, and... damp. If the ground was holding water from where she stood, she had little hope for what shape ShadowClan's territory was in. Finally turning to address the patrol, she looked across the faces of the cats with her. "Scout the border. Cross it, if you think you need to. It's your territory, I... guess." She shrugged, looking oddly sheepish. These weren't exactly her cats to boss around. Still, "Split up. You- that way. You two can search over there. And you-" As the warriors she'd dismissed padded away, Birdchaser realized she was only left with a young tom. He was smaller than her, and it was hard to tell if he had only become a warrior or if he was just a senior apprentice. Regardless, a little irritation hit her as she studied him; which ShadowClanner had brought a maybe-apprentice with them? Either way, he was here now. "Stay with me." She huffed eventually, and didn't wait for a response as she turned to pad closer to the border.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

hydrophobia [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hydrophobia [C]   hydrophobia [C] EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 4:09 pm

Honeypaw

It took Honeypaw a second to drag his eyes away from what he could see of the border. He was quiet, or at least, quiet for him. He’d been eager to go investigate the border when the patrol was first offered. Even if he couldn’t venture out too far onto his own territory again, he could at least keep his eyes and ears out for any sign of Iceheart or the other missing Shadowclan cats.

His ears perked up at Birdchaser’s words and he turned to blink owlishly at her, realizing with a start that her last words were directed at him. “Oh! Right!” Honeypaw burst into a trot, falling into  step beside Birdchaser. He was moving faster now after his stint in the medicine den. As annoying as it has been to stay cooped up for several days, he could admit that his shoulder was feeling much better.

He looked down at the damp ground beneath his paws, his fur standing on end at the feeling of the water soaking into his paws. Ugh, is he really going to react like this to water all the time now? It’s even worse than before. His tail twitched with irritation at himself, and he dragged his eyes away to look towards the border as they approached it. “It’s really weird to be on this side of the border,” He piped up, needing to say something or he’d lose his mind. He can’t stand being in silence right now.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

hydrophobia [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hydrophobia [C]   hydrophobia [C] EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 10:27 pm

The apprentice kept up at a hop, trotting along at her shoulder as they drew closer to the border proper. He seemed energetic, like most young cats were, but quiet. She could almost appreciate that, but somehow the silence bore down on her, making her hackles stiffen and her muscles bunch as she looked out into the puddle that had become ShadowClan's territory. It offered her too much room to think. About ShadowClan, about many other things she didn't need to brood over in front of cats that didn't belong to her Clan. Thankfully, her company was quick to break it.

"I suppose," the deputy muttered in return, turning slowly to blink down at the apprentice. "It must feel very... foreign. Maybe it'll feel just as odd looking across from your side, after spending so many moons here." There was an uncomfortable tightness to her mew, the strain of forced formalities. She forced a smile though, wanting to seem friendly where her voice failed. Shifting her weight between paws, Birdchaser became suddenly aware just how wet the ground had become. It'd been sodden fox-lengths from the border but now, standing below the rising conifers, her paws had become soaked. Pulling her gaze off of the tom, she stared out across the border, eyes sharp and searching. She didn't know what the heart of ShadowClan's territory looked like (hopefully, she never would), but just from moons of patrolling their shared border she knew it looked wrong. It didn't look like there was a risk of another wave displacing more of their land, but what she could see of the marsh was buried underneath standing water.

"You won't be going home soon, I don't think. Unless you like swimming... but I bet ShadowClan has seen enough water for a few seasons. " A snicker left her, and Birdchaser turned slowly back to the cat beside her. With a shrug, she went on, "Well, I assume the water levels are from the flooding, but I could be wrong. Is your territory usually so wet? ...hm." Birdchaser's sentence drifted off, and she cleared her throat. Wavering for a moment, she eventually added, "I don't know your name. Sorry. Who exactly am I patrolling with?"
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

hydrophobia [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hydrophobia [C]   hydrophobia [C] EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 2:52 am

Honeypaw

Luckily for Birdchaser, Honeypaw was hardly in any mindspace to notice her awkward formalities. Once they got close enough for Honeypaw to get a good look at what his territory- his home looked like, his ears started ringing, and it became hard for him to process what Birdchaser was saying at all. He moved mechanically, instinct keeping him moving with the senior warrior and stopping when she did, but he wasn’t consciously aware of the movement of his own paws.

Honeypaw’s ears laid back a little bit, his eyes glazing over as he stared out at the water covering the marsh. The water already on his paws felt heavier in his fur all of a sudden, like it was dragging him down. All he could think about for a long moment was the feeling of that water rushing over him, what the camp probably looked like, if he would ever get to go home again, if Iceheart was okay, there were so many ways she could’ve gotten hurt in the face of this!

It took a conscious effort to rein in his emotions and process Birdchaser’s words. He blinked hard, focusing enough to clamp down on the wave of emotions that had hit him so he didn’t break down like an idiot in front of the Skyclan deputy. That would hardly give Shadowclan a good image. He tried to channel Iceheart’s cool indifference, as he’d had many times since his arrival in Skyclan.

Still, it was a long, awkward moment before Honeypaw actually managed to find his voice. “Er… Honeypaw. Your name is Birdchaser, right?” He said softly, blinking a couple times before dragging his gaze away from his territory, or what was left of it, and back to the cat beside him. Honeypaw managed a strangled smile. “And our territory is always a little wet, but y'know, this is a new extreme.” He tried to laugh, but it didn’t sound quite natural.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

hydrophobia [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hydrophobia [C]   hydrophobia [C] EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 4:24 pm

Birdchaser had kept talking to herself, muttering idly about the state of her neighbor's territory, asking names, anything to fill the silence. She hadn't looked at him, not really– a quick glance as they walked, or a lingering stare before she turned her attention back on the soaked marshland. But she hadn't really looked at him until he squeaked out an answer to her question. When she turned back towards him, he looked like he'd seen all of StarClan and the Dark Forest at once.

"Birdchaser, right. And Honeypaw..." she drifted, searching his features– the tightness of his smile, the uncomfortable way he tried to laugh as he spoke. Instead of finishing, she cut herself off for the moment. It made sense, she guessed, that he would be rattled at the sight of his washed-away home. As much sense as it made, she didn't particularly... want to deal with. He wasn't her apprentice to be concerned with. Even if he were, emotional problems were far from her place of expertise.

Clearing her throat, "I'm sure things will dry up sooner than we think." She offered stiffly. Nothing looked dry, and it certainly didn't feel dry, and she certainly did feel bad about the thought of the territory staying waterlogged for moons longer. It was better to lie though, and hopefully get the young tom to look less like a ghost, than continue on with her remarks about the waterlevels.

Tail swishing, she decided changing the subject might be a good idea. "Er, Honeypaw. Youuu..." Her jaw tightened. Fumbling, she eventually came up with: "You look like a Honeypaw." Stupid. It was something, at least. As if it would make her point any better, Birdchaser idly went on, "You know. With the orange fur, and all."
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

hydrophobia [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hydrophobia [C]   hydrophobia [C] EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 3:05 am

Honeypaw

Sooner than they thought. Honeypaw tried to believe that, but after seeing his home, he couldn’t muster up his usual levels of optimism and cheer. He was just so tired. He wanted to go home, he wanted to see his mentor, he wanted this all to end. Now he was scared it never would. But he pushed those thoughts down, far down, to deal with later, maybe to speak to Forestbreeze about, maybe to just put aside.

He listened to Birdchaser, focusing on her words rather than his swirling thoughts to ground himself, and then he blinked.

And he couldn’t help it, he laughed. It wasn’t a mean sound, but the comment took him off guard, and it made him relax enough to laugh again. He looked down at himself, then back at Birdchaser. “Huh, you’re right! I do look an awful lot like a Honeypaw.” He giggled. “I guess that’s part of why I’m named that. Though I’m also named after my mom, Beespring? She doesn’t look like a bee. But it is cool to be named after her… I think.”

He continued rambling, words spilling out of him now that he had the opportunity for a distraction. “Sometimes cats fit their prefixes appearance-wise. Like my mentor, Iceheart? I think her suffix was… kind of mean, because she doesn’t have an icy heart at all. She’s really nice actually, you just have to see how she shows her kindness! But anyway, she has this fur pattern that’s nice ice creeping up her legs, it’s really cool looking!” Honeypaw rambled away, nodding along to his words.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP