Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Finding Solace [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 13:03

Honeypaw

Honeypaw was tired. He’s been exhausted since the flood, wavering constantly between anxiety over his fellow clanmates, numb acceptance, and restless bursts of energy. Every time he sleeps he’s had nightmares, and he’s barely been able to eat, not having much appetite to speak of. Still. He was trying. But he was just… tired.

Still, Honeypaw was trying to be there for his clanmates, and trying to be of use to Skyclan. He couldn’t just stay still. But there were times where all Honeypaw wanted to do was sleep, like now after returning back to the Skyclan camp after helping with a hunting patrol. If he was back home, if he had gone on a hunting patrol without them, he would’ve immediately sought out Iceheart or Forestbreeze or both to cheerfully tell them about what he caught or what he saw while he was out. But he had no idea where Iceheart was, and he didn’t have the energy to be excited right now. Still, after dropping off his catch on the fresh kill pile, Honeypaw looked around the camp. He smiled a bit when he spotted Forestbreeze, and he picked up a small mouse for himself and a bird for Forestbreeze before making his way over.

He set down the prey before, without hesitating, flopping directly against Forestbreeze’s side with a rough purr. “Hi,” He mumbled, half hiding his face in Forestbreeze’s fur. He knew he was being awfully clingy to the older tom, and he could only hope that it didn’t bother him. He didn’t really want to stop. “I brought food.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 20:30

🌲【Forestbreeze】🌲

It was getting harder and harder to refrain from becoming restless as the days flew by and there was still no sign of their missing clanmates. There wasn't even a sign from Starclan regarding their own camp and if it was safe enough to return to. It was starting to mess with Forestbreeze's head and he was certain the others weren't fairing any better. They were all trying to make do with their situation as well as repaying the hospitality the Skyclanners had presented them with. It's why they had all busied themselves with joining Skyclan patrols as well as other normal duties. It was the least they could do—the only thing they could do really.

Forestbreeze had been busy helping clean some of the dens since the early morning. He didn't mind helping out apprentices with their duties once in a while. He stepped back from the warrior's den to see how his work turned out. Smiling softly, the tom walked away with a satisfied him. He shook off his fur from the foliage and dirt that had clung to it. He paused to stretch then sat down with a pursed mouth as he looked around while thinking. What else did he need to do?

Before he could figure that out, a familiar figure approached which made Forest's smile grow. His amber gaze softened as Honeypaw set down the two pieces of prey he'd been carrying and settled down next to him. He chuckled as the apprentice hid his face in Forest's fluffy fur. "Honeypaw," he greeted fondly as he pressed himself closer to the younger tom then lay his tail across the small of the other's back. "Thank you. I was starting to get hungry," he purred as he placed his chin atop Honey's head. It was... cozy. He really didn't want to move.

He waited a moment before speaking up, "How'd did your patrol go? Have you gotten used to Skyclan's territory?" He was homesick himself but Skyclan's territory wasn't all that bad. At times, it was quite lovely to take a stroll in.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 18:04

Honeypaw

Honeypaw’s shoulders relaxed as he let himself enjoy the warmth of Forestbreeze resting against him like this, feeling comforted by the sound of Forestbreeze’s purring against his ear. His own purrs continued in response.

He lifted his face from Forestbreeze’s fluff so he could actually respond, shaking his head a bit as his nose instinctively twitched. “It went pretty good,” He said softly. “Everyone was pretty nice and we caught a lot of prey.” Honeypaw was grateful that at least this happened during Greenleaf, when prey was plentiful. Small blessings. “I think I’m getting a little better at catching birds, though I’m still not great.” He brightened, just a tiny bit, and a smile appeared on his face. “And I even found a frog! Most of the Skyclan cats looked like they didn’t find it super appetizing so I hope that Leopardsun or another cat who likes frogs gets it.”

“And… sort of. I get a little lost in the trees sometimes, but they’re pretty.” He still missed home. But he was at least happy to be on somewhat dryer land. He shuddered to think what he’d be like trying to go to the Deep Marsh after this . Iceheart just helped him start feeling comfortable there again…

Honeypaw shook the thoughts from his mind and focused on Forestbreeze. “How about you? How are you doing?” He asked, settling down again with a soft smile and resting his head on Forestbreeze’s shoulder. Though he doesn’t quite faceplant fully this time.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 2:05

🌲【Forestbreeze】🌲

A ghost of a smile touched his face as he felt the apprentice relax against him. He waited patiently for the younger to finish speaking before responding, "I'm glad you haven't had any trouble here. I can imagine the Skyclanners wouldn't find something as sleek and feather-less as a frog too appetizing," he chuckled. "I'm sure your frog will be appreciated soon enough." He gave Honeypaw a fond smile. "Anyway, I think I'm also getting better at hunting birds... Maybe. I never thought I'd have to try my luck with those feathered fiends during my lifetime," he lamented as he shook his head.

He shifted to get more comfortable. "I've lost my way a few times but I'm starting to get a better sense of direction... I agree that the trees are pretty. Maybe we can take a stroll through them together soon? I think it'd be a lovely time. What do you think?" He looked down at the light golden-brown tom with an eager twinkle in his eyes. Maybe a nice walk in the territory would help take their minds off the persistent issues.

Pressing his cheek against Honeypaw's head, the grey-and-white tom sighed. "I wonder when we think it'll be safe enough to scout out home. Hopefully, this doesn't continue for too much longer," he paused for a moment before adding, "Don't get me wrong, I'm more than grateful for Skyclan's hospitality. I'm just homesick—I feel like most of us are."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptySat 3 Sep 2022 - 19:09

Honeypaw

Honeypaw giggled a little at Forestbreeze’s lamenting over the birds. “They’re pretty hard to catch. Though some of the Skyclan warriors here make it look easy.” Then he lit up, looking up at Forestbreeze with eyes that practically sparkled. “Oh, I’d love that! A nice walk sounds really good.” He cuddled up to Forestbreeze again with a purr.

Then he gave a soft sigh. “I know what you mean.” He said softly, closing his eyes as Forestbreeze rested on his head. “It’s nice here but… I just want things to get back to normal. I want to be back in my nest in our camp, you know?”

And then, ever so softly, he said what he was sure they were both thinking. “I want Iceheart.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Last edited by lostfanboy on Mon 5 Sep 2022 - 1:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptySun 4 Sep 2022 - 6:55

🌲【Forestbreeze】🌲

Forest's gentle smile widened at Honeypaw's easy acceptance of his suggestion for a stroll. He hadn't doubted that Honey would accept. They had a close bond and preferred each other's company. It just always warmed the warrior up seeing it happen. "Then we shall have that stroll soon," he replied with a fond look.

He nodded with a wistful look. "I do miss my nest..." he trailed off as he stared ahead at nothing in particular. 'Not as much as a certain someone' was left unsaid. He quickly refocused and looked down at the younger as he spoke up again. He sighed and gave him a sad look. Honeypaw had hit a direct shot with his words. "I do too," he whispered. "I miss her. We miss her." A determined twinkle entered his eye. "I'm not losing hope, though. Iceheart is tough. All of them are. I'm sure they're fine and are looking for us just the same as we are them. We'll see them soon." He believed it. He had faith and he'd be darned if he lost it now or at any point soon.

The warrior nudged the apprentice. "Once we're reunited, we should all have a nice day to ourselves. Just you, me, and Iceheart. We need to catch up and swap stories." He chuckled and looked forward again. He sobered up and the reflecting expression was back on his face. "Before all that, though, our camp needs to be scouted out thoroughly. None of us can go back even if the danger is mostly gone. I wonder if any patrols to go assess the damage will be sent out at any point."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 2:04

Honeypaw

Honeypaw looked up at Forestbreeze, watching that determined twinkle in his eyes. The flicker of hope in his chest that had been slowly dying out over the past few moons, as time went on longer and longer without news, blazed back to life. Honeypaw took a deep breath. “You’re right.” He said firmly. “We’ll see her again soon. All of them. It’s going to be okay.” As long as Forestbreeze believed so, as long as someone else held onto that hope, Honeypaw could too. He could stay strong for and with Forestbreeze.

His smile widened as Forestbreeze suggested a day out. “That sounds so fun!” He said. “Just the three of us. I don’t think we’ve gone out like that since you and I first hung out! I know we’ve all spent time together one on one and stuff but an outing with just the three of us sounds so nice.” He closed his eyes, picturing it. “I’ll catch Iceheart the biggest rabbit.” He paused, then looked at Forestbreeze, “What’s your favorite food??” He asked suddenly.

Then Honeypaw shook his head. He took a breath. “I hope so. About the patrols. I’d like to go help scout things out or clear out the camp. I think the worst part of all of this is just… how helpless I feel.” He sighed. “I’d love to do something that feels like it’s getting us closer to home.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 7:32

🌲【Forestbreeze】🌲

Forestbreeze let out a laugh at Honeypaw's sudden bout of enthusiasm. It was a welcomed change. He really didn't like seeing Honey in such a melancholic state. It didn't suit him in the least. The smile continued to remain on his face as the younger tom kept at it. "Well, I can't wait for that to happen. It's a great new memory waiting to happen, huh?" He was looking forward to it more and more. There was probably going to be a whole lot of clinginess once they reunite. However, he didn't find himself minding that notion. In fact, he was more than fine with it. They deserved to be close and dependent after all they've been through.

He tilted his head as he pondered the apprentice's question. "Hmm. Let's see. My favorite food is mice. It was what I was going to eat when I first met Iceheart—Icekit back then, of course. During that time, I had been mourning the loss of my parents. I wasn't eating as much as I used to and had a lot of issues accepting my worth... She quickly called me out on it and finally made me see reason." He purred wistfully at the memory. It was something he'd cherish for the rest of his life.

The warrior shook himself before his mind could wander off and looked back down at his companion. "Mmm. I... feel the same way. I would just love to hurry over there and work on restoring our camp so we could all head back home. However, our patience and perseverance will sprout the stronger tree, so to speak. They are our claws and minds, our aids in this ongoing battle." He wrapped his tail tighter around the younger tom. "It will get better, but we must let the bad pass on by first."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 12:42

Honeypaw

Honeypaw smiled as he listened to Forestbreeze describe his first meeting with Iceheart, a purr rumbling up in his own throat in response to hearing Forestbreeze’s. He tried to picture Ice and Forest as kits, little bundles of gray and brown fur, with a stern-faced, grumpy baby Iceheart pushing baby Forestbreeze into eating something. He can’t imagine how hard it was for Forestbreeze, losing his parents at such a young age. He may not be very close to his birth mother, but at least she was alive. He was happy Iceheart was there for Forestbreeze. She was good at that, being there for other cats, whether she realized it or not.

Musings aside, he was filled with determination now that he knew Forestbreeze’s favorite food. Once they were home, he was going to catch both Forestbreeze and Iceheart the perfect meal, and then they’d all eat together. And it would be great.

Honeypaw made a soft hum as he listened to Forestbreeze talk about keeping patience. The stronger tree. Honeypaw wasn’t very good at being patient at the best of times, but Forestbreeze was right. It was a good thing for him to keep in mind. He rested his weight against the older tom as Forestbreeze wrapped his tail around him, and sighed. “You’re right.” He said with a small, determined nod. “It’ll get better. We’ll get through this. Together.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 11:51

🌲【Forestbreeze】🌲

The older tom purred as he felt the apprentice rest the rest of his weight against him. Having Honeypaw by his side was making him more rational and calmer. It was a big help in not allowing his anxiety to try and take over constantly. Honeypaw was his anchor. Iceheart was usually in that place but with her absence, he subconsciously drifted toward Honeypaw. Well, having more than one was no issue for anyone else, so why should it be for him?

"We will," he agreed then paused. "We'll get through this. Together," he echoed resolutely. He had given the apprentice hope. He wanted to keep giving him hope because it gave him some too. They'll make the best of things while they wait. They'll see Icehart and the others soon enough. Just wait and see.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding Solace [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Solace [c]   Finding Solace [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding Solace [c]
Page 1 of 1