Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] Empty
PostSubject: We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]   We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] EmptySat 6 Aug 2022 - 19:47

Yarrowblossom
Yarrowblossom paced back and forth, turning his odd eyes to watch the setting sun before gazing back down at his paws. He and Flutterpaw had promised to meet at The Gorge right at sundown, converge at the narrowest part of its gaping maw. Yarrowblossom might have made his way over a little too early, but he just couldn’t help it— his nerves were set alight like never before. He was a model warrior, if a bit clumsy and dimwitted, and had never stepped foot out of camp without explicit permission since The Incident. But now, the newly named Yarrowblossom found himself running circles into the hard dirt waiting for a Windclan cat to arrive.

Wasn’t this fraternizing with the enemy? While Windclan and Riverclan weren’t on bad terms as far as Yarrowblossom knew, the young warrior was almost positive this meeting was against some code…

The last of the sun could be seen sinking beneath the treeline, casting a beautiful array of washed out purples and pinks across the sky. It was around time for Flutterpaw to arrive… Yarrowblossom really hoped he would get here before Perchstar found him. Again.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

PostSubject: Re: We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]   We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 19:25

Flutterpaw's heart was light as a feather as he ran through WindClan territory. Though he'd gotten quite a few friends in his own Clan, this would be his first time meeting with another friend somewhere other than Fourtrees. There was not a single thought in his head that this may break the Code in some fashion. What could possibly be wrong with a friendly conversation? Instead, a quiet happiness trailed almost visibly behind him. Given the still-small ranks of WindClan, it hadn't been hard to find a time to traverse the territory on his own. He was one of the oldest apprentices still in the den, so he was trusted enough to go hunt. And as long as he brought back a rabbit or two on his return to camp... well, he wouldn't have been lying at all! And that would be perfect.

The reason for his speed was not only because he enjoyed the feeling of the wind in his fur. He was also running just a tad late. He'd stopped by the flower field on his way, in order to pick out another gift for his new friend. Yarrowblossom had loved the flower last time, so Flutterpaw decided he would bring another flower. But he couldn't just bring the same one! It had taken an embarrassingly long time to find the perfect flower. Eventually, though, he'd found it. A small bunch of soft yellow celandine flowers were held gently in his mouth as he neared the border between WindClan and RiverClan. They had promised to meet at sundown... the sun had nearly disappeared behind the distant hills, but hopefully he was only a minute or two late.

Sure enough, there was the unmistakably tall form of Yarrowblossom, just across the narrowest gap in the scarily deep Gorge. The grin on Flutterpaw's face was so wide he almost dropped the gift he'd spent so much time selecting. Instead, he trotted over and carefully lay the yellow flowers down before greeting his friend. "Hello, Yarrowblossom!" he said happily, green eyes reflecting the distantly pink light of the setting sun. "Nice to see you again! Hope I'm not too late. Brought you some flowers, but..." His grin faded slightly to a thoughtful expression as he considered the small line of the Gorge between them. "...Guess I didn't think about that, actually. How do I give these to you?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]   We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 19:16

Yarrowblossom
Yarrowblossom perked up immediately at the sound of Flutterpaw’s voice— he couldn’t quite see him well, with his dark fur. It took a few moments for his odd eyes to adjust to the darkening sky, finally able to make out his dark-furred friend grinning happily with some pretty yellow flowers at his feet. When will Flutterpaw stop getting him gifts? Yarrowblossom hoped he wouldn’t ever— WindClan simply had prettier flowers than RiverClan had. ”Hello, Flutterpaw! It’s wonderful to see you! You’re fine, of course! The sun hasn’t fully set yet!”

Matching Flutterpaw’s line of sight, Yarrowblossom stared quizzically at the ominous crack in the ground. While generally narrow in this area, the Gorge was still incredibly deep; not only that, but the ground surrounding its opening was notoriously unstable. Yarrowblossom wouldn’t trust his wobbly legs to successfully leap across the Gorge if his life depended on it, and he couldn’t expect Flutterpaw not to feel the same. While the shorter tom seemed much more nimble than Yarrowblossom could ever hope to be, the Gorge was a formidable foe for any cat.

”Oh dear. Well… you could always try tossing them!” Yarrowblossom supplied. ”You WindClan cats are better suited for this kind of stuff than any of us fish-eaters are…” The lanky tom gazed back down at the ominous crack, shuddering in fear as a loose rock plummeted down its depths.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]   We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] EmptySun 14 Aug 2022 - 11:29

Flutterpaw's brow furrowed as he looked down at the Gorge. Though this was the narrowest part, it was still deep enough that a fluffy apprentice could slip through the crack and fall far down to the raging waters below. It was enough to send a chill down the friendly tom's spine. He had promised Whisperear that he'd be careful. And yet... if he were to toss the celandine flowers, it was just as likely that his carefully selected gift would go floating down to the inescapable current instead. There was only one option... "WindClan cats are fast. I'll jump," he said determinedly, his green eyes narrowing slightly. He bent down to hold the flowers in his mouth again, then backed up carefully, eyeing the distance he would have to leap. That's nothing, Flutterpaw. You've jumped across hills deeper than that, right? Just pretend you're a rabbit. He took a deep breath... then, before he could second-guess himself, ran forward and jumped.

He was weightless for a moment, flying through the air, streaming forward as gracefully as a short little black cat could. Then-- he landed. Far beyond the border. He'd over-estimated the distance, if anything. I made it! Relieved, a smile returned to his face, and he walked a few pawsteps over to where Yarrowblossom stood. Though the tom was taller than him, he was a lot more anxious. It was probably better that Flutterpaw had jumped. With a soft grin, he put all but one of the flowers down by his friend's paws, and then carefully tucked one into his chest fur. He would have put it by the tom's ear, like he so often did for Adderpaw, except that Yarrowblossom was far too tall for him to reach. "There you go! I made it just fine!" he said happily. Not a thought of danger at crossing the border went through his mind.

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]   We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 16:13

Yarrowblossom
”What?!” Yarrowblossom shrieked, fluttering from paw to paw like a frightened bird. ”WindClan cats are fast, yes, but you all can't fly! You’ll fall, Flutterpaw!” Flutterpaw, of course, ignored him completely, and Yarrowblossom’s heart fell to his feet as the WindClan apprentice steadied his gaze and lowered his stance, ready to pounce. ”Flutterpaw—!”

Yarrowblossom heard the black tom’s takeoff against the dirt and rocks, but didn’t see it— he had shut his eyes tight right before Flutterpaw’s takeoff, hiding his face in his shoulder and bracing for the terrible sounds of Flutterpaw falling to his untimely death. All was quiet and still, no sounds at all… Yarrowblossom squinted his eyes open just a tad…

Nothing.

There was nothing in front of him. No sign of Flutterpaw, no disturbances in the Gorge. Yarrowblossom, confused and more than a little frightened, opened his eyes all of the way— still nothing— and swiveled his head side to side to check his surroundings. Over to Yarrowblossom’s side and a little behind him, Flutterpaw stood completely unharmed, smiling, and still carrying the flowers in his jaws. The smaller tom padded his way over to still shaking Yarrowblossom and carefully placed the blooms in his pelt— Yarrowblossom giggled nervously. ”Maybe WindClan can fly! That was amazing, Flutterpaw! You’ve gotta teach me how to leap like that some time, not even RiverClans senior warriors could help me.”

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]   We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 17:19

Flutterpaw's ears twitched a little guiltily as he recognized how anxious Yarrowblossom had been. That hadn't been what he wanted at all... he just wanted to give some flowers to his friend. There hadn't been any other way! He would have been so sad if the flowers slowly drifted down to the rapids, only to never be seen again. Still... what would Adderpaw think of him pulling such a stunt? "Sorry," he murmured, green eyes downcast for a moment. He hadn't been a good friend. "I wish th'border wasn't so dangerous... but next time I bring flowers, I'll try and think of a different way to get 'em across."

At the tom's praise, however, warmth returned to Flutterpaw's gaze. He looked up with a smile. "Well, it comes from runnin' so fast," he said a little bashfully. Glancing at Yarrowblossom's form... "With some training, I'm sure you could run fast too. You've got th'legs for it!" Didn't all cats like to run? Or was swimming to RiverClan what running was to WindClan? Flutterpaw simply couldn't comprehend that not everyone would be as enamored of the breeze rustling through the grass at high speeds. It was simply one of the most beautiful things in the world to run. He blinked slowly at his friend, then stepped a few paces away. "See, when y'run, you need to be moving carefully. When you're walking, you don't have to worry so much about your paws. They can move in whatever order they want, s'long as you're moving forward. But when you're running, they need to be in sync; front paws down hard with a jump, back paws propelling you forward together. It's a kinda rhythm." As he spoke, he demonstrated-- first walking with paws moving on their own, then running for a few paces. When he ran, the fluffy black tom seemed sleek, streamlined. His front paws hit the ground at the exact same time, then his back paws. In each stride, there was a moment when all paws were off the ground, and he seemed to leap like a bird would. Then he stopped, trotting back over to his friend, a little bit shy. He'd never talked to a RiverClan cat about running before. "Does... does that make sense?"

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]   We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] EmptyFri 19 Aug 2022 - 15:08

Yarrowblossom
Yarrowblossom squawked. ”No, no, it’s okay Flutterpaw! You’re amazing! I was just worried because no RiverClanner could ever do what you could!” The last thing he wanted was for Flutterpaw to feel like he had done something wrong— he was amazing! ”I’ve sure got the legs for running, though not the balance— my mentor tried his hardest to teach me and couldn’t get anywhere. I can’t even swim; don’t you know how embarrassing that is for a RiverClanner!”

Yarrowblossom listened to Flutterpaw’s explanation of running with rapture. No one had managed to describe it like that before, in a way that Yarrowblossom could understand. He was even more impressed with Flutterpaw’s example-- he had never in his short life seen a cat run with such grace and elegance, every movement as hard-wired as breathing. Flutterpaw was fluffy, which was odd for a WindClan cat, but even then the wind blew through his fur like it was water, the dark strands blowing out and framing his form. It was beautiful; it felt odd to call just running beautiful, but Flutterpaw made it an art. Yarrowblossom struggled to even imagine himself in that circumstance, quick and graceful. All Yarrowblossom had ever been was clumsy.

It was probably a good thing he wasn’t a WindClan cat.

”Oh, it made perfect sense, Flutterpaw! You looked great— I mean, like, it was really cool! I’ve never seen a cat run like that before. I don’t think moving like that is anywhere in me at all, to be honest. I used to hope that there’d be something I was good at, but I never found anything. I’m a warrior now, and I’m still the clumsy loser I was as a kit.” Yarrowblossom didn’t mean to make it personal, but his ramblings always ended up like that, though, didn’t they?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]   We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

We are the reckless, we are the wild youth [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The Gorge-
Jump to: