Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Rule Expert [closed for down]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2894

The Rule Expert [closed for down] Empty
PostSubject: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyWed 27 Jul 2022 - 9:51

Sprucepaw sat near the entrence/exit of camp grooming his fur. He wanted it to look neat and orderly. Neat and Orderly was how he opertated, following every guideline and rule in the clan and was not scared to speak out if he feared others were not in line.

He was still a very friendly and playful cat.... just dont break the rules... he has his eye on you.

Training as an apprentice was super fun and he enjoyed getting to go out of camp. But only when there was another warrior with him or if his mentor was doing training with him of course. He couldnt imagine even wanting to go out alone yet. Why would anybody do that? it was simply against the rules and not allowed.

Finishing his grooming he snatched a quick meal from the fresh kill pile. He had already gotten the elders and queens and kits something to eat. As per the code they should eat first. Only now was it okay for him to also.

Munching on his fish he glanced around from side to side. His ears twitched a little bit hearing someone comeing in his direction from outside the camp. Hmm perhaps a patrol was just now returning? ... althoguh it was a bit late in the day for that almost now sunset... he turned his head in the direciton of the sound curious.

Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2545

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyFri 29 Jul 2022 - 5:47

"Oh, these blasted reeds. What are you so loud for?" A soft hiss rose from the tangled wall of reed and rush that protected RiverClan's camp from the river encircling it. Rowanpaw had been trying doggedly to force his way through, wriggling his head wherever he thought there was enough space. But the gap by the apprentice's den was only large enough for him to get stuck, and whatever other holes he might have poked his nose through as a kit had been sufficiently patched. He'd gotten himself into the reeds, at least, but now they were determined to give him away, announcing every step he took with a bristle and a crackle. He was close to the entrance of camp, anyway– their guards were sure to catch him if he tried to force his way outside now. With a low, drawn-out sigh, he clambered back out of the reeds (wilting a little when he realized the space between him and freedom was considerably less than the space between him and boring camp), tumbling into the sand with a plop.

Oh– someone was waiting for him, apparently. Hopping back onto his paws, the ruddy tom shook his pelt out and slid closer to Sprucekit, leaning in close so they were almost touching noses. "Well hello, dear brother. I suppose you aren't going on any daring adventures today." A toothy smirk split his muzzle as he pulled away, instead choosing to angle his chin high and puff out his chest. "You love me, don't you? Don't answer, I know what you'll say. Suppose you love me enough to abandon your fish and help me do something fun for once?" He would be lucky if Sprucepaw didn't dart off and drag Perchstar back with him, let alone actively help him, but Rowanpaw would consider it a win if he got away with this without his mottled brother demanding he get demoted for a moon.
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyFri 29 Jul 2022 - 10:34

Sprucepaw's jaw dropped a little... the sight before him was interesting to say the least.  It appeared that his brother and littermate had mangaed to get himself stuck in a bunch of reeds while attemtping to sneak back from being out and about on his own.

Sprucepaw frowned disappointedly and gave his brother a sidelong glance.

"Rowanpaw??" he shook his head with a glance upwards in a half eye roll.

"You KNOW apprentices are not supposed to go out on their own" he complained not at all happy with catching his brother trying to squeeze his way through gaps in the clan walls.

"And look what you did to the wall" he said pointing his tail to where rowan had unsucessfully tried to sneak back in, a small hole from the failed attempt.  The hole wasnt even that big a deal but to Sprucepaw it was. "now a snake can get in ... do you even think about the kits rowan?" he asked very pointedly keeping his disappointed face on.

His brother got up close to his face almost touching noses... Sprucepaw blinked tilting his head...

Well of course I love you... you are my brother

what kind of question was that Sprucepaw wondered to himself...

But that means also trying to help you not get yourself hurt he answered rolling his eyes even more at the suggestion of them both going out on some adventure unattended by a warrior.

"ugh... you are so difficult sometimes... you know I am gonna have to tell mom about this?"  

He was usually a very happy cat but he couldnt stand others not following the rules as closely as he did.

He glanced side to side trying to see where poppyshine was currently. "maybe you can explain to HER why you think sneaking off and putting yourself at danger is such a good idea he knew rowanpaw would really despise him for this... it made him sad... but rules were rules and order had to be maintained to keep the clan running smoothly. If rowanpaw wanted to break the rules and then be mad at him for trying to do the right thing... so be it.

With this as his mindset, he called for their mum "Poppy?"

Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyThu 4 Aug 2022 - 10:45

"I'm not going to get hurt," Rowanpaw groaned, rolling his head to the side. Honestly, did every cat think the world was such a danger? Sure, he was still a bit small, and he only reliably knew the way down to the river, but truly. He was plenty old enough to fend for himself, and what better way to learn than to do? "Oh, brother, isn't it a silly rule? What makes us anything other than over-sized kits if we can't see our own territory?" The tom lowered his head and pitched his mew higher, trying his best to seem as pitiable as possible. But then, oh stars, his brother started glancing around and calling for their mother, and Rowanpaw's sheepish grin dropped into a grimace.

"Don't you dare," he hissed softly, jerking forward to stifly headbutt Sprucepaw's shoulder. If Stormdance was being summoned, well, that was one thing. He could handle getting boxed by his mentor– not without an attitude, but he would survive it –but to call Poppyshine down on him? It was nearly enough to make him shiver. Rowanpaw snorted, resting his paws against Sprucepaw's flank. "You are not going to call Mum, I refuse. I'm good, she's not going to believe me." His protests were hushed, sharp tone lowered only for Sprucepaw to hear. As if to add a little extra threat (as threatening as he could ever seem, at least), Rowanpaw huffed out: "If you do, I will grab you by the tail and drag you out there with me. I won't be alone then, correct?"
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyFri 5 Aug 2022 - 18:32

Sprucepaw shook his head… there’s no such thing as a silly rule in the warrior code he said not happy about his brothers mocking of the rules that he held so close. We are apprentices still in training… he tried to explain but his sibling was already moving on…

The suggestion of calling mum over really seemed to make him mad… Sprucepaw was worried this would happen but he was just trying to do the right thing… mum had enough to deal with recently with almost losing sandy and now her son was sneaking out of camp.

Sprucepaw eyes widened as Rowan paw pushed paws against him and threatened to drag him around by his tail… he… he wasn’t serious??? Was he?? Sprucepaw felt a shiver go down his spine… it wasn’t that he was scared of his sibling it was more so he was saddened by how desperate his sibling was to try and get away with his breaking of the rules. It made him worry about if Rowan was going down a dangerous path. Being a very controlling sibling Sprucepaw was having none of that.

You wouldn’t dare he said annoyed back flicking his tail glancing at his brother … what had gotten into him anyways? Sprucepaw was pretty annoyed at this point first sneaking out of camp and now threatening him because he was trying to do the right thing and tell the deputy and their mum?? Well now he was defenetly gonna tell her.

Mum!!! he called for her distressed and a little more flustered than the first time

Rowan paw is sneaking out of camp!!. He frowned looking back at him. It was unfortunate that he had to do this… but rules were rules and it would not be fair if rowanpaw or any of them for that matter got special exceptions just because they were the deputies kits.

Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 14:54

Poppyshine

The commotion was hard for anyone to miss. Even as Poppyshine had returned from a patrol, she heard Sprucepaw’s flustered voice screaming for her near the edge of camp. She dashed to her son’s voice, expecting to see another bird having snatched up one of her children. When she only saw Sprucepaw’s exaggerated expression and Rowanpaw’s quiet anger, the words that were actually said finally registered.

“What in the world is going on out here?” she demanded, looking between Sprucepaw and Rowanpaw. She’d heard Sprucepaw already, claiming that Rowanpaw was sneaking out of camp. She looked to Rowanpaw first then. In the stern voice she used to lecture her kits and her clanmates alike when they were caught doing something wrong, she mewed, “Rowanpaw, please tell me what you were doing.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 1:53

Despite his attempts at enforced silence, there was little Rowanpaw could do when his brother started squealing. "Stop it!" He tried to hiss, his tone low. There wasn't so much anger in the noise; more that he sounded frustrated, and even a little nervous. Maybe he would get lucky and Poppyshine wouldn't even be in camp. One of these days, luck would befall him, it had to. Today wasn't that day though, he realized with a frown as pawsteps came their way, and a dilute calico padded right up to them.

In an instant, Rowanpaw's ears flattened, and he scrambled to pull his paws off Sprucepaw's flank and sit as neatly as he could in so quick a movement. "I'm not doing anything," he protested, running a paw across the sand. He refused to look right at Poppyshine– instead, he glared daggers at his brother, mouthing some silent promise that he'd find pebbles in his nest later. Huffing, Rowanpaw shook out his pelt and turned his attention off of Sprucepaw, looking a little uncomfortably at Poppyshine's paws. "I'm not. I was just... I was checking the walls, that's what it was. I was only making sure camp was safe for our kits and elders, and Sprucepaw wants to see me get in trouble. Honestly, Mum, you can't think so little of me to think I'd just– well, that I would break any rules, right? You've raised me well." The end of his protests turned cloying, his cross mew lifting into an uneven purr. He even tipped his chin up a little bit– not so bold as to look Poppyshine in the eyes –but that he could focus on her nose and fake it, and she could see the lopsided grin. Hopefully he'd seem sweet enough he could escape punishment.

Idly, Rowanpaw's tail waved through the sand, stirring it out of place. If Sprucepaw noticed the fine silt he was flicking towards him, well– he couldn't exactly be blamed for the soil, of all things.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 9:41

Sprucepaw sat annoyed glancing at his mischievous brother.  His face lit up seeing poppyshine coming over.  She would settle this out!  He was well aware of the daggers his brother was gazing at him but he shrugged rolling his eyes in response not giving it much mind.

Rowan was just upset that he had been caught sneaking out of camp and then back in.  UGhhh... there he went saying that he wasn't sneaking off just "checking the walls".

Sprucepaw knew that was PROBABLY not the case but he could not really prove that.  It was possible that his brother was doing just a check but he didn't buy it at all.  Then again... there was no definitive proof that he was lying. Sprucepaw didn't really want his brother in trouble, he just wanted him not sneaking off.  There was dangers out there and rules were in place to protect them... ugh how hard was that to understand?

Sprucepaw sighed... well...  it looked like you were sneaking back in to camp but .. I guess you could have been just checking the walls he admitted.. ugh he knew it was so unlikely but since he couldn't 100% prove his case he had to admit that it was indeed possible that his brother was innocent.

Sprucepaw fluffed his fur out flustered... He glanced suspiciously at Rowanpaw but had no way to show his mum what he had seen.  

"ok... well whatever just be careful " he murmured under his breath.  He didnt notice the sand getting into his pelt but would have a hard time cleaning all that out later today.

Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 16:59

Poppyshine

Poppyshine looked between her two sons with narrowed eyes. With what a fuss Sprucepaw made, she didn’t really believe that it was only a misunderstanding. Sprucepaw did overreact to things sometimes, but checking the walls looked quite different than actually sneaking out.

She hummed and mewed, “Alright, then. If you boys are sure.” She looked at Rowanpaw. “I’m sure you’re feeling a bit restless. The both of us could go out and stretch our legs together some time soon. Or even all three of us. How does that sound, boys?”

Whether her suspicions about Rowanpaw actually attempting to leave camp were correct, she knew that Rowanpaw was a restless cat who could not wait to be a warrior, if not to just be granted the authority to leave camp whenever he pleased. He would want to get out more often no matter what, and Poppyshine would go with him herself if she needed, to keep him out of trouble.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rule Expert [closed for down]   The Rule Expert [closed for down] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rule Expert [closed for down]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: