Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Not What You Imagined [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

Not What You Imagined [c] Empty
PostSubject: Not What You Imagined [c]   Not What You Imagined [c] EmptyThu 7 Jul 2022 - 19:55

Stormpaw

Stormpaw has been visiting the nursery a lot more these days. Partially because he wanted to be there to help out Maplespring and, before the kits had grown into apprentices, see the kits his mentor had a hand in creating. And partially because he discovered he just found it rather peaceful. He liked helping the queens out where he could, he liked visiting his own mother who was a permanent resident of the nursery with more regularity, and entertaining the kits was just… fun.

So here he was just outside the nursery, his apprentice duties and training finished for the day, and having decided to stop by to see if he could be of any use. He was heading out again, thinking about settling down for the night, when a mossball knocked into his legs. He blinked, looking around for the source of it, when he spotted a white kit. A newer resident of the nursery, one Stormpaw hadn’t spoken to directly before. He struggled to think of the name for a moment. He seemed full of energy… and he probably wanted his toy back.

Stormpaw gave a soft laugh and batted the mossball back to the kit. “Hey there,” He said. He racked his brain for a moment, then brightened with a smile. “Woolykit, right?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

PostSubject: Re: Not What You Imagined [c]   Not What You Imagined [c] EmptyFri 8 Jul 2022 - 2:40

The mossball Woolykit had been fervently doing some variation of keepy-uppies with rolled out of his reach. Up until recently he'd been playing catch with some of the older kits, but they'd all gone to sleep or play a quieter game so now Woolykit had been left playing on his own. But now he wasn't playing at all, as his mossball was at the paws of a fluffy grey apprentice. Or maybe a warrior? He was older than a lot of the apprentices Woolykit had seen, anyway.

The apprentice spoke and Woolykit didn't quite know how to answer- Mother said he always had to start with "hello, I'm Woolykit, how do you do", but this cat already knew his name. Maybe he knew Mother? Some cats already knew Woolykit's name because they visited him when he was very little and couldn't hear or see. After standing in silence for an uncomfortable few seconds, Woolykit decided on an alternative greeting that was also Manners. "Hello! Yes, sir. Woolykit's my name. What's yours?" He caught the mossball, making a big show of unsheathing his claws and pinning it in place. He wanted to look cool in front of the apprentice, after all.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Not What You Imagined [c]   Not What You Imagined [c] EmptyMon 11 Jul 2022 - 17:42

Stormpaw

Stormpaw smiled. “Stormpaw. It’s nice to officially meet you.” He said, blue eyes warm. “What game are you playing?” He nodded to the mossball. He moved away from the entrance to the nursery so he wouldn’t be in the way, then stretched and settled into a comfortable sitting position, tail resting over his paws. He had interrupted the kit’s playtime, so he felt it was only polite to sit and chat for a bit, and perhaps offer to join in on the game if Woolykit wanted.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Not What You Imagined [c]   Not What You Imagined [c] EmptyTue 12 Jul 2022 - 4:56

It took Woolykit approximately 2 seconds to connect the name Stormpaw in his brain. He looked Stormpaw up and down, eyes wide, before jumping excitedly on the spot like he'd been hit by lightning. "STORMPAW! The Stormpaw! Wow! You're different from how I pictured! Not in a bad way. Wow!" He circled the older tom, mossball abandoned. "Did you really kill two snakes? Poppyshine said you did, and that you vere very brave. She said you were a stellar apprentice. And that you're going to be a warrior soon! Is that true?"

He collected himself for just long enough to process that Stormpaw had asked him a question. What game was he playing? "Oh! It doesn't really have a name. I just throw it up, like this-" He grabbed the mossball, tossing it into the air, "and then I make sure it doesn't hit the ground!" He demonstrated, batting at the falling ball and sending it back into the air. He missed on his second attempt and it landed on the ground with a soft thump. Oops. Trying to be impressive in the eyes of his hero, he said "That was on purpose. So you'd see what happens when the ball falls." Was that lying? Lying was rude, but he didn't want Stormpaw to know he'd missed the ball.

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Not What You Imagined [c]   Not What You Imagined [c] EmptyTue 12 Jul 2022 - 17:09

Stormpaw

Stormpaw is very startled by Woolykit’s reaction to his name, to say the least, blinking rapidly and his brain almost audibly screeching to a halt. ‘The’ Stormpaw? He’s a ‘the’ now? Poppyshine, the deputy of Riverclan, talked about him? When did that happen? When did he become the subject of stories other cats tell? Stormpaw can’t respond except to just stare at the young kit, the smile still on his face but now it’s dazed and a little stupid.

When Stormpaw managed to regain higher function again, he gave a soft laugh. “I-I, er,” He shook his head. He was not used to kits, or anyone really, looking up to him like this. He was more used to being seen as weak for his nerves, not strong for his bravery. It was a strange turn of events for the apprentice.

“I did. I did kill two snakes,” He finally says, deciding to answer as best he could. “Well, technically one ran away, but it was very close to death by that point so I don’t think it survived. Or. Slithered away. I do think I’m going to be a warrior soon.” His chest flushed with pride at the thought. A warrior. “It was very kind of Poppyshine to say all that about me,” He mewed softly, unable to keep the surprised, proud smile off his face. A stellar apprentice. Huh.

He finally shook his head and focused back on the young kit, shaking off the last of his shock. “That was a good demonstration,” Stormpaw said with a soft chuckle, “And it seems like a fun game.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Not What You Imagined [c]   Not What You Imagined [c] EmptyTue 12 Jul 2022 - 17:45

Woolykit watched as Stormpaw appeared to freeze, apparently startled. Dread filled the little kit as he ran through what he could have said to cause this reaction. Had he not done Manners properly? No, he was sure he'd done it right. Maybe he should've answered Stormpaw's question before asking about the snakes? Stormpaw was older, so maybe his thing should've come before Woolykit's. Had he ruined his chance? He really wanted to be friends with Stormpaw, maybe learn a few fighting tips... It would be awful if his rudeness had cost him that. Thankfully for Woolykit's heart though, which was now beating at an alarmingly fast rate, Stormpaw was simply taking his time to answer and there was no annoyance in his tone. Woolykit knew he had the Manners right after all!

He listened to Stormpaw's account of the tale, deflating a little at the revelation that the second snake got away. 'But it still died because of Stormpaw, probably,' he reasoned to himself. Yeah! Stormpaw was still really cool. It was actually cooler that he'd let it die on its own, because then it was like a warning to all the other snakes. Don't mess with Stormpaw. "Yeah! Poppyshine's really good at stories. She says that maybe you can be my mentor! Then you could teach me to kill snakes." He beamed. He was being less polite than he maybe should have been, usually he should say Sir or Mister or something like that, but he was far too excited to remember the exact vocabulary to use with an older cat.

"It is a fun game! I was playing catch with the other kits, but they had to go back to their mothers to sleep. Not me though, I'm old enough to play on my own. Mother and Father say I'm plenty smart enough not to get into trouble. And with you here there's no way anything could happen to me!

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Not What You Imagined [c]   Not What You Imagined [c] EmptyFri 15 Jul 2022 - 12:30

Stormpaw

Stormpaw, a mentor. It was something he’d only thought about in passing, dismissing it as something that was only reserved for the far future. But with his Moonstone ceremony completed and Poppyshine apparently already considering him as a mentor… Stormpaw’s chest does a tight squeeze, and he can’t tell if it’s from anxiety or pride, or both. Either way, as he looked at this bright-eyed, eager kit in front of him, he thought maybe it wasn’t such a foreign idea after all. In fact, it sounded kind of nice.

Stormpaw chuckled. “That... that'd be really nice if I got to be your mentor." He said honestly, his eyes warm. “I bet you’d make a very good apprentice.” He paused then, and then tilted his head to the side. “Would you like a partner for catch?” He offered. “I have nowhere to be right now. And nothing says being an apprentice means you have to stop having fun.” He wrinkled his nose with a smile. He met his own mentor playing as a kit, after all. He wasn’t certain that mentorship was truly so close in his future, but still… if it was, he’d like to get to know Woolykit more.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP