Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Bedtime Story [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 3:21 pm

Woolykit was not sleepy.

This was an irrefutable fact that, in his mind, would never change. He'd already slept today and he'd probably never be tired again. He wanted to go outside, play, hang out with the apprentices and warriors. He was almost an apprentice anyway! They didn't have bedtimes. He bet they didn't even feel sleepy. And Woolykit didn't feel sleepy either, so clearly he was too old for the nursery. He didn't dare say a word of this to Mother, though. That wouldn't be Manners, and Mother was the cat he had to do Manners with most of all. Instead, he sat in silence by the entrance to the nursery. He could hear Mother sigh, which meant "you really should be sleepy and it's rude that you're not", but he refused to turn around and kept his eyes trained on the outside world. It wasn't even that dark, he thought petulantly. Sure, the sun was low and the sky was pink, but the moon wasn't out yet and neither were the stars.

Just when he thought the boredom would drive him to sleepiness after all, he spotted a cat approaching the nursery. His ears pricked up and his eyes widened a fraction. A warrior! Warriors were much less bedtime-y than queens. He bet this approaching cat, whoever they were, would talk to him. She finally reached the nursery and Woolykit immediately went up to her, visibly excited. "Hello! I'm Woolykit. I'm not sleepy, and Mother won't talk to me because she is sleepy. Can you tell me a story? Something with foxes, or bears. Or hawks, maybe!" He didn't really mind what the story was about, so long as it was true, but bears were cool so he figured he might as well ask for a bear story. If she had any.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 4:03 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine was surprised at being greeted so suddenly by one of the kits. She smiled at him, recognizing him as one of the new kits that was born recently. She loved seeing the nursery fill up with new kits, and soon hers would join the nursery too—her belly was swollen and it was only a matter of time before she would permanently move into the nursery until her kits had grown. For now, though, she could still take care of her deputy duties…even if she was a bit slower now.

“A story?” she repeated. “Well I certainly have a few stories I can tell.” She found a shaded spot under some leaves and carefully lowered herself down to get comfortable, and gestured with her tail for Woolykit to do the same. “Foxes, bears, or hawks…Hmm. How about snakes instead?” Poppyshine smiled at Woolykit and began her tale.

“It was not that long ago that I took young Stormpaw out on a patrol. We were searching far and wide for some prey to bring back to camp. It was then that two snakes slithered out from the brush, ready to attack! One of them lunged, fangs glinting and ready to kill, but brave Stormpaw was ready. He attacked back, scurrying around the foes and grabbing onto one tail. He yanked it, spinning it around stunning it, before he went in on the second. Claws and teeth—the snake was no match for him. It took only seconds before he whirled back on the other snake and took him out too.”

Poppyshine smiled, satisfied with the tale she spun. “He showed great bravery and promise for RiverClan—a stellar apprentice. Just as I’m sure you’ll be one day.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 5:01 pm

As Poppyshine entered the nursery and Woolykit got a proper look at her, he realised with a start that her belly was very large. He recognised the condition, though he couldn't quite remember what it meant. Lots of the queens had large bellies, but Mother told him it was rude to ask why. He decided to hold his tongue about it with Poppyshine too, though he burned with curiosity. It was cast from his mind, anyway, when the she-cat confirmed that she had a story for him. His face brightened and he followed her to the shady spot she found, lying down next to her. Snakes! Snakes hadn't even occurred to him, as he'd never seen one before. He'd spotted a hawk overhead once, and heard foxes crying out at night, but never snakes.

He shuffled on the spot with restless excitement as Poppyshine began her story. She was a wonderful storyteller- He was hooked from the first word. He audibly gasped when the snakes attacked, picturing it in his head. He didn't know what Stormpaw looked like, but he imagined him very big and strong and lightning-fast. Imaginary Stormpaw dashed behind the snakes, quick as a wink, and stunned them so he could go in for the kill. Woolykit found himself in awe of Stormpaw, although he'd never met him. He jumped up, amazed at the story. Were apprentices really that good? Woolykit had assumed only warriors did cool things like kill two snakes in a row. "WOW! Did he really kill both snakes? Were they venomous? I heard that snakes were venomous. Like poisonous, but they have to bite you. I hope Stormpaw didn't get bitten!" His eyes were wide with worry and curiosity. "I want to be just like Stormpaw when I'm an apprentice! Do you reckon my mentor will teach me to fight like him?"

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 5:47 pm

Poppyshine

Woolykit’s excitement made Poppyshine smile. It was so rare to see older cats still hold such energy, and she hoped that Woolykit never lost this spark. She replied, “Yes they were venomous, though Stormpaw didn’t let them use their venom.” She leaned in a bit closer to Woolykit, like she was telling him a secret, and mewed, “You know what? He might even be your mentor. His warrior ceremony is coming up. If not him, then perhaps Owlshriek, his mentor. They’re both wonderful cats that would have a lot to teach you.”

She pulled back, feeling at ease. She’d spent so much time doing deputy duties that she’d forgotten how nice it was to spend time with the young kits of the clan. “Are you excited to be an apprentice then, Woolykit?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 6:25 pm

Woolykit beamed, both at the assurance that Stormpaw wasn't envenomed by the snakes and that his guess that they were venomous was correct. Of course someone like Stormpaw wouldn't let the snakes use their venom! He was way too fast, Woolykit figured. Seeing Poppyshine lean in, he pricked up an ear- and then widened his eyes in shock at what she said. Stormpaw be his mentor? Or Stormpaw's own mentor be his mentor?? The idea was so incredible that for once in his life he was at a loss for words. But not responding when another cat spoke to him wasn't Manners, so he quickly composed himself as well as a restless kit could. "He can do that?? Be my mentor, I mean? I bet I'd be the most fearsome RiverClanner ever if he was my mentor!"

He nodded happily to her question. "Yes, ma'am! Being a kit is good because everyone talks to me and tells me stories and I can sleep in the same den as Mother but I have bedtimes and the only fun games are Mossball and Pretend Clans. When I'm an apprentice I can go out and hunt! And fight snakes! And I can go to Gatherings and meet ever so many new cats. Are gatherings fun? I imagine they are, you get to see all the other Clans! Though I bet they don't have warriors as good as we do." He shuffled closer to her excitedly, keen to hear everything about warrior life. If he wanted to be a good apprentice he'd have to know what to expect!

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 8:05 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine had to bite back her laughter at the adorable kit. Kits saw the world with such earnestness and joy. At the mention of Gatherings, Poppyshine’s ear twitched a bit and it was harder to keep the smile on her face. The last several Gatherings had been disastrous to say the least. Woolykit had only just been born. He didn’t know about the anguish of their recently deceased medicine cat; nor did he know the terror of the Dark Forest invasion. The events were so fresh in Poppyshine’s memory, but they weren’t even on Woolykit’s radar. She hoped that he would not have to live through such anguish.

“Gatherings can be fun,” Poppyshine replied. “You get to meet many new cats. Of course I’m partial to RiverClan, but other clans have wonderful cats too. It’s important to treat cats from all clans with respect. Gatherings can be serious too, though. There is a lot of important business discussed at Gatherings. I just know you’ll love to go when you’re an apprentice, and you’ll get to meet a lot of other kind cats.” She hoped that Woolykit wouldn’t run into any angry or negative cats like she had at her first Gathering.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 5:32 pm

Woolykit waited for an answer as Poppyshine stopped talking for a short moment. He wished he knew what she was thinking about, but he couldn't read minds. He'd tried, once, when he heard that StarClan cats could go into your mind. But he wasn't a StarClanner and that meant he had no idea why Poppyshine had stopped speaking. It only lasted a few seconds, though, before she opened her mouth and spoke again. Woolykit smiled, happy that another one of his deductions was correct- Gatherings were fun! "I can't wait to meet them, then! I promise I'll be respectful. Are Manners the same for other Clans as for RiverClan? If they are then I'm bound to get along with everyone there!" Manners were the quickest way to get others to like you, Mother had said.

The little kit yawned, showing his pointy kitten teeth, and blinked a heavy blink. All this talking was making him... Sleepy?! No, he wasn't sleepy! He wanted more stories, and he could hardly listen to them if he was asleep. "Ma'am, can you tell me about the- yawn- Clans? What are they like? I hear ShadowClan is reeally scary. Is that true?"He yawned a third time, this time stifling it a little.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 10:51 pm

Poppyshine

As Woolykit grew sleepier, Poppyshine smiled and let him grow comfortable where he lay. She said, “All of the Clans are very important to the forest. I don’t think ShadowClan is scary, necessarily. It is darker where they live, and they often like to hunt at night—but they are not fundamentally different from you or me. WindClan are fast cats who move like the wind, and are closest with StarClan. ThunderClan cats…” She paused, remembering her encounters with Softfall and Cinderpaw in the past. She hadn’t had the best experience with ThunderClan…but she also remembered the fondness that Perchstar had spoken of Minnowfin of ThunderClan. “They are prideful cats, who are quite powerful, and extremely loyal to their clan. Then there is SkyClan.”

She more visibly tripped over her words thinking of them. As complex as things are right now, Poppyshine wanted to speak kindly of SkyClan. She knew that they were not all awful cats. But they did raise cats like Morningstar, like Beechfang, like Bloodstar…Poppyshine really struggled to find what to say about them.

“They are…also loyal cats. Perhaps loyal to a fault, in times,” she murmured softer. “They have a strong opinion of family and would do anything to defend their clan. In a way, they are similar to ThunderClan. It makes sense. Their territories are adjacent to one another, and both adjacent to us in RiverClan. They are not…bad cats. But their views can sometimes push against RiverClan’s.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 8:21 am

Woolykit looked at Poppyshine with interest as she answered his question. So ShadowClan wasn't as scary as he'd thought... When he played Clans with the other kits, ShadowClan were the mean ones. Nobody really wanted to play them. But hunting at night was actually, in Woolykit's opinion, pretty cool. They had to have really good night vision then! He was going to say so, but then Poppyshine kept talking and he didn't want to interrupt. Plus, his head felt oddly heavy and he didn't really have the energy to say all that much. He wasn't sleepy, of course. Just a little bit slow because he was busy focusing on all the cool things Poppyshine was telling him. She faltered a bit when she spoke about ThunderClan and SkyClan. Woolykit had no idea why, and he didn't ask- that would be rude, not to mention he was far too sleepy to wonder that much about it. He was too tired to deny the sleepiness now. Poppyshine's soothing voice and the warmth of the nursery was lulling him to sleep after all his insistence that he wouldn't fall asleep. As a last ditch attempt to fight the sleepiness, he mewed "When I'm a warrior, I'm gonna..." He faded off, words replaced by quiet, squeaky snores. He subconsciously squirmed closer to the deputy as he dozed off, finally falling asleep for good as he curled up by her chest.

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bedtime Story [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime Story [C]    Bedtime Story [C]  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bedtime Story [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum