Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]   Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw] EmptyThu 30 Jun 2022 - 19:15

Fawnshine

Eggpaw was learning well and fast. It was true. Picking Eggpaw as her apprentice was no mistake. She got through the basic knowledge and uses of herbs fairly quickly, and so it posed no great challenge. Or... well, it came to this lesson that required much attention. "Eggpaw. Today will be lessons about dangerous herbs, and those that pose as poison to us. I want you to pay attention today." Fawnshine mewed, her tone serious, yet soft.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3537

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]   Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw] EmptyTue 5 Jul 2022 - 8:47

Eggpaw sat with rapt attention, her back straight as can be, eyes locked on Fawnshine, unmoving. Maybe a few times she forgot to blink, but she didn't want to miss a thing if it meant that someone could hurt themselves. Medicine wasn't a joke! Well, all the time. She had plenty of ideas on how to prank her siblings yet. For now, she refrained from her jokes until Eggpaw was sure she knew everything. One wrong move and she could hurt her friends and family!

"I won't let you down, Fawnshine!." Eggpaw chirped, bouncing in her place for emphasis.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]   Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw] EmptyTue 5 Jul 2022 - 16:56

Fawnshine

Fawnshine was caught off-guard at her apprentice's enthusiasm. Well, Eggpaw had always been enthusiastic... But since this time their lessons were about poison, the medicine cat was more relieved that she was taking it seriously. Grabbing one of the deadly herbs — starting from the most common ones, she taught her apprentice. "These are Holly berries. You must've seen, or at least heard of them before. Remember, they are red berries from the spiny-leaved holly plant, and grow in forested areas."

Setting the herb down, Fawnshine allowed a moment of examination to her apprentice. "They're harmful berries that are able to end kits, so be careful to not let any near them, Eggpaw. They can also be mistaken for Death berries since they look so alike. However, you can tell them apart by the smell, and appearance if you look close enough."

This was an important thing to remember, though that simply wasn't all, of course. "I've grabbed a couple of herbs for our lesson today, though I'll put them high, far away from the kits' reach. I may not have them all, for obvious reasons, but I can show you a few examples out of camp, if you'd like."

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]   Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw] EmptyThu 7 Jul 2022 - 9:29

Eggpaw

With narrowed eyes, she considered the herbs carefully, inspecting the odd ridges on the leaves, and the red tinge to the berries. "So, you were concerned I ate one of these as a kit, right?" Eggpaw asked, blinking up at Fawnshine. "You hid them well, I didn't know any better back then, and they look pretty tasty." But she sat back on her haunches, and watched the herb with the upmost caution. "What is the purpose of having them in camp if there is a risk of kits getting them?" They were herbs for killing other cats. A medicine cat's job was to heal, not kill. Right?

Slowly, she nodded, moving the herb with a cautious paw. "I think seeing one where it grows would help me avoid it!"

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]   Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw] EmptyFri 15 Jul 2022 - 18:38

Fawnshine

"Yes, I was. And you see, the interesting thing about some of these poisonous herbs is that some of them actually have benefits. Not Holly berries, though. I only brought a few here to show you an example." Humming, she nodded again. "I'll lead you on a herb tour sometime, Eggpaw." She chuckled. "As surprising as it might be, death berries' flesh can be used to cure infections, but you must be very careful to remove the seed first."

"Foxglove seeds are also one to be very cautious about. They can be mistaken for poppy seeds, but they are tiny black seeds from the bell-shaped foxglove plant. They can be used to treat the heart, but can easily cause paralysis and heart failure, so I wouldn't recommend taking the risk."

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]   Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw] EmptySun 24 Jul 2022 - 10:01

Eggpaw

Eggpaw tilted her head in concentration. Remove the seed first. "So, it is the death berry seed that is the most dangerous part." She nodded once she understood. It was weird that the flesh could save lives, but the seed would end them. Then, with the Foxglove--Eggpaw frowned. "So only collect those seeds in great need. Messing up poppyseeds and Foxglove would be bad." Paralysis seemed scary to Eggpaw, to not be able to use one's body at all would be horrifying.

Shifting her paws, Eggpaw glanced back at their store of herbs. "Which herb would be the best one to stock up for during the winter?" She mewed, looking over their current stock of herbs. Cobwebs? Various roots? It certainly would be hard to dig into frozen ground.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]   Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Mandatory Knowledge [Eggpaw]
Page 1 of 1