Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony Empty
PostSubject: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 11:43 am

Poppyshine

There had been more discussion between Poppyshine and Perchstar the night the deputy brought news of her pregnancy and recommendation for Dovesight as medicine cat. She seemed like the best candidate out of everyone in RiverClan, and it wasn’t long before it was decided. Poppyshine volunteered to tell Dovesight and guide her to the Moonstone, and that is why only a day or two later, Poppyshine sat in the early morning. Her whiskers twitched eagerly. She had told Dovesight the night before to meet her very early, and so when she saw Dovesight exit the warrior’s den, she beckoned her over with a twitch of her tail.

“Dovesight,” Poppyshine mewed when she approached, “I have something very important to ask of you. Perchstar and I are in agreement—we think that you would make for the best medicine cat for RiverClan.” She smiled, trying to encourage her. “If you would like, it would be an honor to guide you to the Moonstone and present you to StarClan as a new medicine cat. Would that be alright?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2229

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 12:06 pm

Dovesight didn't mind waking up early, whereas other cats might complain. It was late enough to where the sun showed some light, and yet early enough to where she could still see the stars, and to her, that was very beautiful. It was rare to see the moment where night met day. Many cats sadly slept through it.

Of course, she was not there to marvel at the sky. She was there to meet her friend. And so, spotting Poppyshine as the deputy beckoned to her, Dovesight made her way over.

Although she could not have expected what Poppyshine would say to her. For the longest time, she couldn't even speak. She didn't know what she would say. Her? As the medicine cat? Sure, she wasn't exactly the best warrior in the Clan, but what if SkyClan came after her like they did Cloverheart?

But the deputy seemed so sure. And she trusted Poppyshine. So Dovesight returned her smile. "I wouldn't want any other cat leading me, if you're sure that I should be the next medicine cat."

Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 2:38 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine brightened when Dovesight responded, and she mewed, “I am more than sure. I couldn’t imagine anyone better to take up Cloverheart’s mantle.” She stood and gestured for Dovesight to come with her. She had spent a time preparing some hers in the medicine cat den for them. Cloverheart had taught her about herbs for a bit before she was killed, and so Poppyshine at least knew the basics for putting together travel herbs.

After they’d eaten them and gotten their strength, they set off. It was a long travel to the Highstones, but Poppyshine was happy to have Dovesight there as company. They spoke about a few things here and there, but mostly, it was traveling in comfortable silence.

The day was getting dark by the time they finally arrived at the rocky Highstones. They traveled up the way—Dovesight leading more than Poppyshine at this point, since Poppyshine had never been to the Moonstone itself—but they managed to arrive at the large cave after a time. She brushed against Dovesight briefly as they headed in and whispered, “You’re going to do great.” After giving her a smile, she turned her attention to the moonstone. It was large, impressive, and glittered in the low light of the cave. Poppyshine’s heart skipped a beat, and if she didn’t have things to do, she could have sat there transfixed for hours.

“StarClan,” she spoke, “I have come here with Dovesight to present her to you as a candidate for medicine cat. She has agreed to take up the title, and wishes to know the knowledge that you have to offer. Please consider her for the position, and let her know all you can give her.”

She stepped back, taking a seat, and gave Dovesight an encouraging smile to approach the moonstone. She didn’t have any doubts that Dovesight would be rejected by StarClan. She was perfect for the position.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 3:18 pm

For a moment, Dovesight stood in front of the moonstone, stunned. It was by luck she had been able to lead at all, as similarly to Poppyshine, this was her first time at the moonstone. And what a wonder it was, too! She looked at Poppyshine one last time, still a little uncertain. And then she moved forward and pressed her nose to the stone.

When she awoke, she was in more unfamiliar territory, no doubt StarClan. It vaguely resembled her home territory, and yet so much more vibrant. Sitting down, she awaited whatever was to come.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:25 am

When the silver warrior appeared in StarClan, she appeared in a low wetland, the grass soft and marshy, soaked with unseen rivulets coursing underpaw. The sky was a hazy purple, dusted with the same stars that speckled the tall grasses that surrounded her. For a moment after her arrival, there was silence; there was no indication of StarClan having sent any cat to her, no great herald to welcome her to her new rank. Then, out of the blue, the rushes growing rattled Dovesight rattled together, and a slim figure emerged from between the reeds.

"Well hello," Cloverheart said simply as she moved to stand in front of Dovesight. The scars that had torn across her pelt in life were gone now, making her appear almost as if she were a different cat entirely. Tail-tip twitching, the former medicine cat reclined onto her haunches, and spent a long, studying moment just staring at the warrior. Eventually, she narrowed her eyes, though the corners of her mouth twitched into a soft smile. "Looks like I left you all with a bit of trouble. Sorry about that- not that it's my fault." Her nose wrinkled and she shook her head. Watching that last Gathering from her place in the stars... whiskers twitching, Cloverheart just sighed. "I'm not here to talk to you about that though, am I? I bet you've got more important things on your mind. I bet you want me to tell you you're going to be fine, and being a medicine cat is the right answer, and it'll fix all of your problems.

Well I hate to spoil the fun, Dovesight, but let me be honest with you: being a medicine cat caused me more problems than it ever could have solved. I spent most of my seasons bitter and privately warring with myself, or with-"
her ear flicked, just barely, "others.  Being a medicine cat all but took away my ability to walk, it took my friends, loved ones- and eventually, it took my life. Had I known I would have been put through all of that, I would have refused Dennis in a heartbeat. I never would have let anyone drag me out to Highstones, or at least, I would have put up a fight about it. But, in spite of that... I wouldn't go back and change it, either. I may not sound like it, but I'm grateful I chose to take that path." Blinking, Cloverheart realized that her expression had darkened as she spoke, and she shook herself out and put on a wider smile. Now, where would she be leaving RiverClan if she scared away their soon-to-be medicine cat?

"I never would have made it as a warrior," she admitted, voice soft as if she was sharing a secret. "Not all cats are meant to be fearsome soldiers. All you ever hear is the stories of great heroes, defeating an entire Clan single-pawed, or something simple and mouse-brained like that. There's nothing grand or heroic about that, and there's nothing glorious about war, either. You were there, just a few moons ago, in our camp. You know war isn't pretty." Her green eyes flickered, an unreadable emotion passing her features, before she found it in herself to carry on. "No cat ever tells stories about the glory of spending days hunched over the bleeding and broken bodies of your own Clanmates, wondering whether they'll live or die. You'll never hear about the heroism of watching one of them die and wondering if it's your fault that you couldn't save them, except from the other cats that have lived it. They won't tell stories about you across the forest for generations to come for picking herbs- unless you're Basilbloom, I suppose. She might get some renown." A huffing laugh left her, and Cloverheart pushed herself back onto her paws so she could step closer to Dovesight. "But we don't need stories told about us. I make it sound like I hate it, or like it's all watching cats suffer- it really isn't, I promise. It's noble and honorable, to serve your Clan in a way that not many will. I have faith in you, Dovesight. You aren't half as bold as I ever was, so give them someone a little more stable, all right?"

Stretching forward, Cloverheart gently touched her nose to the former warrior's shoulder, holding the position for just a second before pulling away. "Welcome to StarClan, Dovesight. I suspect I'll see you again, but you might want to ask anything pressing now- or you can just go ahead and wake up, I'm sure it's almost time. Tell everyone down there hello for me, please, and don't burn RiverClan to the ground."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 12:41 pm

Well, if Dovesight was expecting anything comforting from the former medicine cat, she certainly hadn't gotten it. But at the same time, it didn't scare her? Cloverheart had a lot of conflict in her life. But Dovesight always was more pacifistic, and maybe for just this moment, she could hope that her time in the role would be different than her predecessor's. After all, she was never a fighter. That was part of the reason the path of a medicine cat called to her, wasn't it?

A part of her was actually glad that she was given this opportunity. Like Cloverheart said, all you ever hear about is the bloodshed that comes from war. But Dovesight didn't want that. She never had. And also like Cloverheart said, she didn't need any stories about her. She wasn't ambitious like some others. She didn't want every cat in the territories to know her name. She had no big dreams of being leader or even having a family. She didn't want that. She was happy with herself.

Still, there was one thing that worried her. "You said you lost the ones you loved. So Kitespring, Martenpaw? Poppyshine and her kits? Am I going to lose all of them? Am I having to give up my family?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 5:40 am

Dovesight was quiet as she listened, something that Cloverheart appreciated. But a worrying look darkened her features- or wasn't that just her usual expression? -and when she was given the chance to speak, the former medicine cat started to snicker before Poppyshine was mentioned. "Oh, so Poppyshine is having kits?" A twinge of pain went through her. The deputy really was going to have kits, and she wouldn't be there to watch them grow up like she'd wanted... I'll make sure to watch over them, still. Shaking her head, Cloverheart refocused on Dovesight, letting out a little chuckle. The anxieties reminded her almost of herself, and it was hard not to feel the affection that came with familiarity.

"Well, no," she began evenly, thinking over her words as she spoke. "StarClan isn't going to descend from the heavens and bleed your family in front of you. What I mean is- well..." Cloverheart shook her head, a somber looking crossing her expression. "There was a cat I knew once, when I was young... a kit, a new apprentice. He was funny, smart, and brave... and he would die at the same war where I got the scars you knew me to have. I didn't remember him- for the rest of my life, I couldn't remember his name, his face. The medicine cat before me, my mentor, he... disappeared, one day. I never came to terms with it. Had I not been a medicine cat, maybe I wouldn't have lost the cat who would have been my mate. I wouldn't have been hurt by Dennis' disappearance. I suppose what I mean is..." Her tail twitched, and she furrowed her brow in concentration. She wasn't entirely sure how to say it... she just wanted Dovesight to understand. "I don't mean that you'll suddenly have to abandon the cats that you love, or that love you. I just mean that- well, it might be harder. You'll be leading a life separate from them, while right beside them. One day they might come to your den blood-soaked and nearly on their deathnest, and you'll have to put your emotions aside so you can care for them properly." Mallowmist flickered to mind, briefly. They hadn't been close, but the queen's unexpected death had still rocked Cloverheart as she sat over it. "We don't plan on stripping you of everything you love. But being a medicine cat is not the easy way out, Dovesight. At times, it will strain everything in you. Especially when your loved ones are involved- but don't be like me. Don't bury yourself in my old den, refusing to see the world beyond your nest."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Dovesight's Medicine Cat Apprentice Cerremony
Page 1 of 1