Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]

Go down 
+9
Lilystorm
Karuna
Stags
Maple
kjSage
Tara
Splotch
Ash
Mistpelt
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] Empty
PostSubject: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 10:04

OOC: this topic is set AFTER the SkyClan deputy ceremony has concluded.

Today was almost oppressively warm for a new-leaf day. The sun beat down through the trees, heating the ground and the paws that walked on it. Bright blue sky was barely visible between the newly grown foliage. It was strange to hear the sound of the river grow quieter and quieter as Perchstar progressed into SkyClan's territory. This was not something she had wanted to do. In fact, she had tried her best to avoid it. But it seemed that Bloodstar was determined to make this into even more of a problem than it had already been... so, problem it would become. A steely resolve strengthened her legs as she strode forward, moving confidently in the direction that smelled the strongest of SkyClan, despite not truly knowing where their camp exactly was. Maybe they would find it, or maybe a cat would find them first... and hopefully assist them. Not every cat could want no justice for Beechfang, right? Still, despite her resolve, there was another part of the leader that dreaded this. War was the last thing she wanted, especially so soon into her leadership. She would do everything reasonable to avoid it. And yet, if SkyClan insisted on harboring the murderer of a medicine cat, then she would hardly have a choice.

Since war was not something she actively sought out, Perchstar had only brought two warriors with her: Ashflight and Owlshriek. She knew she could trust her mate; he was level-headed and calm, and his support would be very helpful in facing the nasty tom once more. The other warrior, Owlshriek, was younger and not quite as proven. However, she knew his prowess in battle, and the vehement anger that burned from his pelt. She knew that he could control his temper, however, as he had in the Gathering. So she had decided to extend trust and bring him as well. Hopefully, the inclusion of only two warriors would show an interest in fairness and self-protection, rather than a desire to immediately fight. Again-- if she had wanted a fight, she would have it. What good did it do to assume the worst of everyone?

If the strengthening scent was anything to go by, they were close to camp. Perchstar slowed down for a moment and looked at both of her warriors. "Remember, this is a peaceful mission," she said quietly. "Unless you are attacked, do not unsheathe your claws. And then, if we are attacked, we will fight in self-defense only. I am trusting you both." Then, with a flick of her tail, she continued on.

To her surprise, they found camp rather quickly, and no warrior appeared to apprehend them. Here we go. Cloverheart, please guide my pawsteps. With a deep breath, Perchstar nodded to her companions, and then pushed through the foliage-covered entrance. She strode forward through the unfamiliar scenery-- dens and warriors that were not her own-- and then stopped when she reached what looked like a gathering place. Her face betrayed no hint of emotion. "I am here to speak to Bloodstar, as promised," she said. "Please bring him to me."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~

Last edited by Ash on Sat 18 Jun 2022 - 10:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15098

PostSubject: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 10:04

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Camp Invasion Dice' :
never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] Successdice

never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] Mistpe10
never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3552

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 10:19

The sun seemed to press deeply into their pelts. Owlshriek in particular, as his dark pelt seemed to take the brunt of its attention. Swishing his tail in the hopes that it might cool him just a bit. The shade from the trees did its job, and the tom was able to relax slightly. Well, as slightly as one can when in enemy territory, walking towards their camp to decide the fate of a murderer. The gathering had gone poorly. Beechfang seemed to want to accept any punishment, but it was the cats around her that refused any action to be taken during the gathering. Not even a decision was made. It was that fact that irritated him to no end. The lack of respect towards their clan, and their leader had made his fur stand on end.

Of course, today, Owlshriek controlled his pelt and his claws to keep himself from looking intimidating, as if they are looking for a fight. As much as he would love to tear into the pelt of Cloverheart's murderer, it would spell danger for the rest of the clan, and the warrior could not let that happen. Yellow eyes glanced at their leader and responded with a nod, and a quick mutterance of; "You have my word, Perchstar."

If she had asked it of him, he would comply. No matter how much effort it took.

The scents certainly were stronger as they entered the other clan's camp. For a short moment, the warrior forgot what they were here for, instead, interestedly looked around. Another clan's camp? It was certainly interesting, and much different than their own camp. As he pondered the unfamiliar dens, Perchstar's voice brought him back to reality, and he raised his head, proud and defiant.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 14:32

Upon hearing a voice that he recognized, but certainly not one of Skyclan, Bloodstar picked his head up from off of the branch he had been laying on. He caught sight of Perchstar and his fur immediately bristled. Fury ripped through the tom, even more so that his guards were apparently slacking and would need some sense beaten into them. Just because Dawnhawk was allegedly gone (how many times had they thought that only to have tragedy in the camp?) didn't mean they were exempt from their duties. The massive cat slowly descended from the branches near where Perchstar and her warriors were. He hardly made a sound as he moved, the only tell-tale that anything was in the trees above the Riverclanners was small bits of bark falling away from the branches where Bloodstar's claws separated it from the limbs.

He had looked bored at the gathering, but now he had a stare just as intense and as focused as if he was hunting. Perchstar should not have come here, and now that she had, she better have a very very good reason for it. Finally emerging fully visible clinging to the tree trunk below the lowest of branches, Bloodstar kicked off of the tree and landed with a loud thump onto the forest floor in front of Perchstar.

"Bring Briarthorn and Beechfang." He practically snarled at the cat that Perchstar had spoken to. With him dismissed, Bloodstar set his acidic green gaze on the three intruders.

"What are three Riverclan cats doing so far away from the water?" His voice had an edge to it, but it was far from betraying the level of irritation at their arrival that bubbled beneath the surface of his skin. He was in no mood for this today. He probably never would be.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptySun 19 Jun 2022 - 6:44

The warrior had found Beechfang quickly enough, and she could only sigh in annoyance at the presence of Riverclanners in camp. Evidently, whoever was on guard duty was failing at it. Evidently they were still upset about their poor medicine cat, surprise surprise... Not. Once her panic over the chaos at the gathering had subsided, camp had very much felt like the calm before a storm - which was to say, not calm at all. Tense, waiting. Riverclan hadn't been unexpected. That they waltzed right into camp without a problem, that was unexpected. And infuriating, though it didn't show on Beechfang's face for once.

She had said she would accept whatever punishment Perchstar and Bloodstar agreed to, and she'd meant it. The last thing any cat needed right now was war, and if Riverclan were smart they would hold off on threatening others while they were without a medicine cat. Beechfang highly doubted they were that smart. Cloverheart and her predecessor, and Perchstar's previous two predecessors were proof enough of that. And Perchstar herself seemed to Beechfang a kit playing at the role of leader.

Silently, the heavily scarred she-cat stalked forward, coming to stand at Bloodstar's left. If the Riverclanners were stupid enough to try anything, they wouldn't be going for her blind spot courtesy of the dearly-departed Cloverheart so easily. Beechfang matched Bloodstar in height, but her long, heavy fur made her appear even larger than the short-furred Skyclanner. She remained silent, watching Perchstar and the two cats she'd brought with her impassively. One of the toms seemed even younger than Perchstar did, another Riverclanner who was blind and ignorant to the damage Cloverheart had caused her. She had deserved to die, just as Beechfang deserved punishment for taking her life in retaliation.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4841

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptySun 19 Jun 2022 - 14:08

Soon after the warrior had located Beechfang, they’d found Briarthorn, who was less than ecstatic to hear of RiverClan’s presence in their camp. This was a battle she knew far too well, for she’d fought it herself moons ago. Joining both Beechfang and Bloodstar near the entrance to camp, Briarthorn took her place on the other side of Beechfang. The RiverClanners seemed genuine in their desire to avoid violence, but Briarthorn wouldn’t put attacking the molly between herself and Bloodstar past them. They were angry- rightfully so- but they would not physically harm Beechfang if Briarthorn had anything to say about it.

For now, her claws remained sheathed. These RiverClan cats clearly had something to say, and she hoped that this could be settled with words rather than tooth and claw.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgepaw |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Apprentice |
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyMon 20 Jun 2022 - 11:26

Perchstar did not show any outward surprise when the other leader appeared, dropping down from a tree with a loud thump. Inwardly, her heart pounded a little faster at the anger in the scarred tom's expression. However, nothing broke through the calm surface. Moons of hiding her emotions had prepared her well for this style of negotiations. Still, it was very hard not to let a single moment of irritation cross her features at Bloodstar's behavior. Was he seriously going to ask why she was here? Had he put the Gathering out of his mind so quickly, even though his Clan had been central to the chaos? Soon, two more cats were at the SkyClan leader's side. The murderer in question... and the she-cat who had kitted at the Gathering. She wore an expression of authority on her face, however. Where was Ashstorm? Well, no matter. There was no time for idle chatter on this outing. As much as she hoped their relations with the Clan would not be completely destroyed, that was up to the response they had.

"I thought I had communicated clearly that I would be coming to finish our discussion," Perchstar responded neutrally. "However, I do not blame you for missing my words. The Gathering was a fiasco I am sure we would all rather avoid in the future, and I apologize for my part in it. The timing was unfortunate. That said, we did not get to reach an answer regarding the murder of Cloverheart. I took it upon myself to come and visit." Her light-blue eyes left the leader for only a moment, looking at the two toms who had accompanied her. They stood on her right and left, similar to Bloodstar and the queen sitting on either side of Beechfang. "As you can see, I brought no battle patrol. I still have faith this can be solved without any more bloodshed." You are lucky I am not as bloodthirsty as you, or your camp would have been left undefended. The last sentence did not leave her mouth, but may have been communicated in her gaze, which flicked to the entrance of camp for a moment before returning to the scarred face of Bloodstar.

"I am aware that the last few moons, under the Dark Forest, were difficult for every Clan." Her torn ear, product of the fight with Vixenstar, flicked idly. Being dead for two moons was sure to take a toll on anyone, but it seemed to have shortened Bloodstar's already infamously short temper. Hopefully he would keep his cool, at least for now. "However, that is not an excuse for murder. Since Beechfang is still here, I would surmise that you must not have gotten around to her punishment yet. That surprises me-- I had thought that it would be a time-sensitive issue. But I understand that the duties of a leader may sometimes be difficult to organize. I know that the Gathering was a mess. But since I am here now, and this is a matter involving both our Clans, allow me to share my thoughts." Perchstar bit her tongue. She needed to be careful about what she said. Even though the other leader had no qualms about belittling her at the Gathering, one of them had to act according to their position. She supposed it would likely be her. Still, politeness would not get in the way of communication. Not for a matter this important.

Perchstar sighed. “Look, Bloodstar. Despite what you are apparently predisposed to think, I am not an idiot. I am simply trying to look at the bigger picture here, beyond even the ideals of justice and the warrior code. I don’t think I should have to remind you of Dawnhawk. Judging by the fact you spent the last two moons dead due to his actions, you should remember him all too well.” Her ice-blue eyes, completely neutral and devoid of emotion, stared into his narrowed gaze. “In fact, from the stories I have heard, you went so far as to attack WindClan in their camp when you figured out they were harboring him. Because he was a code-breaker. A murderer. And this despite the fact that he was related to you by blood. Then why should Beechfang be any different?” She realized this might be pushing on the tom’s nerves, but this was potentially the only way to get through his thick skull. “Beechfang murdered a medicine cat, in cold blood. Their history together does not matter. What words were said at the time do not matter. What matters is that Beechfang, a warrior with an already troubled past, killed a medicine cat. Which not only breaks the code by being an unnecessary death, but is doubly immoral due to Cloverheart’s protected status as a non-combatant healer. Even worse, in doing so, she left a Clan without their healer-- all for some personal grudge.” The leader’s gaze slid over to the she-cat in question for a moment. All cats made regrettable mistakes sometimes... but this was unquestionably too far. “That is not something a cat can come back from, Bloodstar. Beechfang killed. It is possible that she will kill again. What if she was angry at a fellow warrior? An apprentice, even? What would stop her from breaking the code again, now that she has already crossed that barrier? You are not an idiot. You know what this action means, and the consequences it may have for your Clan. You should know it all too well.”

Voice still calm, Perchstar flicked her tail and returned her eyes to Bloodstar. “With that in mind, why would you want to keep this cat in your Clan? Her value as a warrior is completely subsumed by the horrible crime she has committed. It makes no sense for you to continue harboring her, no matter the small punishment you may be inclined to give. There are only two options that make any sense, for not only the wellbeing of other Clans, but for the wellbeing of SkyClan. It is better to be short one warrior than to have a potential traitor in your ranks, Bloodstar. Therefore, it only makes sense that you would exile Beechfang, or kill her. You said in the Gathering that you would not take her life. Therefore, if you have not changed your mind on that front, then the only remaining option for SkyClan’s safety is to exile her. What else could possibly be the case?” There. She had said her piece. Now, all she could do was wait and listen for what would hopefully be agreement. Would Bloodstar see reason? Or had age blinded him into hypocrisy?

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyTue 21 Jun 2022 - 3:29

Bloodstar was still willing to listen, but the more he listened the harder his eyes became. He barely bit back a growl that formed in his throat, especially when she even dared to mention Dawnhawk like he was nothing more than a failure that she could wave over Bloodstar's head. It took a lot of self control for him to not give the order to drive the Riverclanners out of his camp and aim his fangs toward Perchstar's throat. He tried to be patient before, but quite frankly, he'd had enough of young leaders not knowing what to do or how to talk to anyone. He was tired of them acting like receiving nine lives from Starclan somehow proved they were special and above everyone else, even other leaders.

"And I thought I communicated clearly that I would punish Beechfang myself and that your opinion on the matter was no longer welcome." His nub of a tail flicked wildly back and forth behind him. He paused a moment before continuing. He glanced at the two warriors she brought and snorted. Whether you brought two or two hundred warriors with you, the result would be the same, Perchstar. He was confident that Briarthorn and Beechfang would make short work of the other warriors while he'd send Perchstar howling back home to soak her wounds in the river should this unsolicited meeting come to that. If she didn't stop talking it just might...

"Don't talk about Dawnhawk as if you know a single thing about him or suffered anything at his paws until he opened an actual hole into our world and unleashed the Dark Forest from it." His voice growled it's warning and his fur bristled to make him look even bigger than he already was. The truth was, he still feared that that ivory and gold-furred rat dung would emerge from the shadows to kill him again somehow, or yet another cat that he loved.

"If you're going to try to put his name in your mouth for leverage you should at least know for certain what you're talking about." He was calling it what it was. He knew what it was, and he was making it very clear to her that he didn't appreciate it. "Dawnhawk killed several before he was finally banished from Skyclan, before Wolfstar even could banish him because of his position and power over the clan at the time. Banishing did nothing but free him to do as he liked, and he killed many, many more cats before he was finally put down, hopefully for good but we have all thought that before."

Now, hopefully this would get through Perchstar's obvious superiority complex and she would actually listen.

"Do you want a repeat of that? Because that could very well be what you get if I were to be stupid enough to exile yet another violent Skyclan warrior." He paused a moment and partially forced his fur to lie flat. Of course Beechfang wasn't exactly like Dawnhawk, but the similarities were there. Their main real difference was that Beechfang was honest about how she felt, to a terrifyingly impulsive level. Dawnhawk hid everything from everyone and then attacked from the shadows while everyone was unaware there had ever been a danger from him in the first place.

"I will also remind you that you lead Riverclan and that you need to stop thinking you know what's best for Skyclan. You don't know anything about us. You've never taken any time to get to know us and we live just on the other side of the river. You're a new leader and you need to remember that until you've been a leader for several moons." Bloodstar himself had spent time in Riverclan's camp. He hunted on their lands and fed their elders and their queens. He gave Ivystar his word to defend their borders once as well, and worked his tail off (when he still had one) to ensure that both Riverclan and Skyclan would eat and that his clan would not be a burden to them. He ignored his burn wounds, still evident by the nasty patches of skin missing on his paws and the massive lightning shaped scar on his back, to hunt and patrol and be twice the soldier he normally was while he had been in service to Riverclan.

Perchstar of course, knew nothing, and pretended that she did. That had been so long ago... Beechfang had been only Beechpaw back then... And Dawnhawk... Dawnhawk had been Dawnpaw. A very, very different tom than what he grew up to be.

"A Skyclan cat killing a Riverclan cat doesn't make the Skyclan cat a traitor either, just so you're aware of what the word "traitor" actually means. Beechfang will not be exiled or killed. I have lost enough family members over the years, and a daughter not long ago at all. Briarthorn is the deputy of Skyclan now, which is why she is here." Bloodstar's voice never faltered and his gaze never wavered. Perchstar could put those pieces of the puzzle together herself since she thought herself to be so smart. "I am also not stupid enough to exile her just to please you so that you would be free to send warriors after her without fear of any repercussion from me." And that was final. Perchstar could cram her opinions and thoughts on the matter up her tail.

Bloodstar debated dismissing the Riverclanners from his sight until a thought occurred to him. He looked over at Briarthorn. He meant what he said back at the Gathering, that he no longer wanted Perchstar's opinion on what Beechfang's punishment should be. His new deputy however... her opinion mattered.

"Briarthorn, you have been in a situation very similar to Beechfang's and we didn't execute or banish you. Now here you are, with us and Skyclan's deputy. You know Beechfang well enough... What would you do, if you were the Skyclan leader right now?" This would be a good first test. Maybe the Riverclanners showing up here wasn't a complete waste of time after all... for Skyclan anyway.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyTue 21 Jun 2022 - 15:53

Briarthorn stood at her other side, so that Beechfang was between her and Bloodstar. Were they not staring down at three impertinent intruders into their camp, Beechfang would've turned to her with wide eyes. Considering how she'd treated the older queen in the past, how she'd reacted to her own codebreaking (only to turn and do the same, the irony was not lost on the silver tabby), Briarthorn could've spat in her face and shoved her toward the angry Riverclanners and Beechfang would've agreed with her.

Beechfang's eye narrowed as Perchstar spoke. Dawnhawk... His ears were ringing from whatever sorry plane of existence he now walked, she was sure. Bloodstar's retort was expected, too. Speaking of things they know nothing about seems to be a trend with Riverclan. Dawnhawk had been exiled knowing the territory of the clan he hunted down like the back of his paw. Beechfang knew Riverclan's territory from time spent sheltering there after the fire. She had very little care for much of Riverclan's previous leaders and medicine cats... And Cloverheart had, oddly enough, been the last of them. She had no reason to hunt down and torment a clan for seasons, which Bloodstar likely knew. Riverclan didn't need to know that, though, Perchstar could stew over Bloodstar's rebuke of the suggestion of exile all she wanted and draw her own conclusions.

"Since one kill is so utterly heinous regardless of the very real, very ugly history involved... Were you to have me executed, who would kill the executioner, hmm? How long should that chain continue? A blood feud until both our clans are wiped out? Solve one problem and create ten more? Because any cat is capable of that crime, even you would kill in self defense; do not pretend to be above it. Had Cloverheart succeeded in getting me killed at that gathering, which she came very close to, would you treat her the same?"

"She asked me for help some moons after that. I was kind enough to give her an answer - not the one she wanted, but the one I knew medicine cat - despite my better judgement, even though the last thing I wanted was to be anywhere near her. I told her to stay away from me after that, and did my part in avoid that miserable strip of land we call a border. She repaid me with harassment. Informing me my daughter was dead, insulting said daughter, then insulting me and my then-unborn kits. She had the chance to leave, yet continued and crossed the river to approach me. I've seen dogs foaming at the mouth that were less unhinged." Perchstar should've thanked her for removing such a problem from the clan, but Beechfang knew better than to expect thanks. Or respect.

Bloodstar... Asked Briarthorn for an opinion. Wise, considering she was his deputy now, but once again Beechfang was reminded of the bitter irony of it all. Her gaze shifted to the other forbidden romancer turned murderer in the group, something flickering in her eye for just an instant that might've been dark humor or regret, gone too quickly to tell for certain. Briarhorn, she suspected, would understand the nuance of the situation more than most. She was no idealistic kit who thought in terms of black and white... Like Beechfang had once been... Or like Perchstar, now.

Beechfang knew what she would have done in this situation nearly a year ago. Now that the roles were reversed... Maybe her own idea would be the right one, despite Bloodstar's obvious disagreement. The crime was one that couldn't go unpunished, after all. For now, she would hold her tongue and let Briarthorn speak.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4841

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 9:28

Briarthorn sat rather uncomfortably at Beechfang’s side, but she didn’t show any outward signs of it. Shoulders squared and paws planted firmly to the dirt below her, she listened to Perchstar’s reasoning and bit her tongue whenever she felt the desire to make a bitter remark or casually throw insults. Did you take it upon yourself to be so self-rigtheous, too? she wondered with a slight scowl on her muzzle. Perchstar used so many words, nearly all of which were utterly pointless. Briarthorn’s tail flicked lazily, bored gaze anchored on the RiverClan leader

If Briarthorn had any choice on the matter, she would’ve cut the molly off the moment she injected her obviously unwanted opinion into the situation. The moment she showed up unannounced in their camp, Briarthorn ceased to care at all about what she thought or had to say. Then, she had the gall to bring up Dawnhawk. Any chance she had at reasoning with her mate was now lost to the stars. Not only did this self-important idiot seem to lack tact and diplomacy, but common sense as well. Bloodstar was right- exiling Beechfang would ultimately do more harm than good, and executing her wasn’t an option in Briarthorn’s mind. And… Apparently what was on her mind did matter. Her attention was quickly pulled back to the situation at paw when Bloodstar asked her what she’d do in his position. She didn’t appreciate him brining up her past, given that she’d one day have to deal directly with this leader as an equal, but never mind that.

Glancing at Beechfang, then to Perchstar, and back to Bloodstar, she rightened her posture and said, clearly and concisely, ”Comparing Beechfang to Dawnhawk is akin to comparing a mouse to a hawk, Perchstar. You know nothing of the harm he caused, and you’d do well to remember that, as well your place in this situation. Simply put, you are wrong. Killing doesn’t make a cat a traitor, nor does it mean they’ll kill again- especially when their actions were not unfounded. If you believe my words to be false, then you may look my kits in the eyes and tell them that their mother is a traitor, and that she should be banished or put to death for it.”

Briarthorn grew more frustrated the more she spoke. Despite that, her tone remained even as she stared across to Perchstar, gaze unwavering. ”If Cloverheart was a non-combatant, as you’re so keen on bringing up, then I invite you to explain the damage she caused to our former medicine cat and warrior, as well as why she felt it necessary to cross the river and approach Beechfang with aggression in her time of vulnerability. Tell me, Perchstar, if you were heavily pregnant and someone who already nearly got you killed with no lives to spare, were to insult your integrity and character then proceed to cross borders to physically get to you, would you sit idly by, in order to maintain peace?” The question was rhetorical; more a statement than a question itself. ”To answer your question, Bloodstar, I do not feel as if Beechfang’s actions in reaction to Cloverheart’s are deserving of exile nor execution. She was defending herself, and her unborn kits, just as I did many moons ago. I’d propose that she serve RiverClan in the same capacity as the medicine cat that they lost until they find the means to replace her, seeing as Beechfang has all the knowledge and skills Cloverheart had, but I doubt Perchstar will entertain the idea. The next logical step I recommend would be demotion, as well as confined to camp for a considerable time with a guard at Beechfang’s side night and day for the foreseeable future.”

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgepaw |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Apprentice |
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 10:46

Any hope of positive communication Perchstar had foolishly held was dashed instantly by the SkyClan cats' snarls. Once more, the leader had approached in good faith, laying out her arguments plainly, and been answered with nothing but condescension and scorn. And yet, none of her actual arguments were refuted. Why would StarClan let a Clan be led with such selfishness? After Bloodstar continued to repeat the argument that she knew nothing, it was very difficult to keep a lid on the snappishness that rose within her. Instead, her voice was calm, and her face was neutral, as she responded. “I do not understand how a cat who has led his Clan for moons can be so blind when it comes to his Clanmates. Familial love is admirable, but not when it comes at the cost of other lives. For all your snarling about how I cannot possibly understand Dawnhawk, Bloodstar, I see far more similarities here that you seem to be willing to turn up your nose at.” They all seemed very angry that she had brought up the comparison... but they all had yet to offer a single reason why she should believe that Beechfang would not be the same. They all trusted her-- but why? There was no logic to their choices.

“I know that banishment only made Dawnhawk worse. Believe it or not, despite the fact that your view does not go past your own borders, RiverClan has suffered due to the actions of him and his rogue group. Not nearly as much as SkyClan, of course-- but your continued failures to deal with him wreaked havoc on the forest. The only reason I suggested exile is that, aside from her death, it is the only way to properly deal with the murder that Beechfang committed. I was attempting to cater to your wants, since you apparently cannot bear to have the death of your kin. Death is an awful thing, isn’t it, Bloodstar? Then why should it not be punished as the most heinous crime any cat can commit? Why does Beechfang get to kill, and kill again, and stay in SkyClan? Why does she get to kill another, and not be killed before she becomes like her brother? If it had been one of my warriors who had killed your medicine cat, Bloodstar, or any of your Clanmates, then rest assured you would be demanding the same of me." If she did not have moons of practice at controlling herself, her paws would have shaken with the sheer emotions fighting through her senses. She had to keep her cool, despite the fact that no one else would offer her the same courtesy. "Your eyes are clouded. I have attempted to explain this politely to you, and yet you seem determined to pretend that the moons I spent keeping my Clan from falling to your mistakes mean nothing. How much do we have to lose just so that you can have your happy little family? How much do other cats suffer, and lose their friends and kin, just so that yours gets to stay intact?”

At the words of her murderer herself, Perchstar's gaze finally left the sneering visage of her "fellow leader" and met the narrowed eyes of Beechfang. The arguments that she brought up-- which she seemed to think were well-stated-- were unequivocally obtuse. “Ah, I see. You only believe in justice when it benefits you, then.” Perchstar shook her head in disbelief. “You would tell me that Cloverheart deserved to die for insulting you... but that you do not deserve death for her murder? Have you forgotten the Warrior Code entirely, or do you just believe that it does not apply to you? You say that a blood feud will be created by punishing you, rather than having already been started by your foolish actions?”

The insistence that Cloverheart deserved death, not backed up by any more than spurious claims, was beginning to get on Perchstar's nerves. The bloated corpse of their medicine cat floating down the river... and none of them seemed willing to admit it had been a mistake, let alone a crime “You did not kill Cloverheart in self-defense. You killed in anger. She did not attack you; she was not a threat to your life. I understand that her personality was often contentious. However, getting in an argument does not justify the death of any cat, let alone a medicine cat. I do not care what your history was. I know that Cloverheart never laid a claw on you, whereas you killed her instead of simply walking away. You are not justified, Beechfang. Your petty grudges robbed my Clan of their healer, and now your Clan’s lack of diplomacy is very close to causing more bloodshed. How can you stand there and proclaim yourself to be in the right?”

If she said any more to the terrifyingly self-righteous murderer, then the RiverClan leader would have probably lost the ability to keep disgust off her features. So, she instead turned to the cat who was apparently SkyClan's new deputy. Briarthorn, they had said. Who was... also a murderer? A chill struck Perchstar's stomach at the realization. All of SkyClan's high ranks were part of this mess. The corruption ran so deep that there was no hope of getting them to realize it. The entire Clan was entrenched in code-breaking. Dawnhawk had not been a one-time incident... it was a pattern. A warning. Stars. The realization nearly numbed her, but she fought past the thought to respond to yet another absurd argument. "All three of you have yet to explain to me exactly how Cloverheart was a threat to Beechfang. How could lightning-shaped scars be caused by a small medicine cat? Only StarClan could be the cause of such damage. There is no feasible way that Cloverheart could have given her those injuries.” At the deputy's outlandish suggestion, Perchstar's eyes widened slightly, finally betraying her shock. "You would have me let a murderer into my Clan? Let her eat our prey, stay in our camp, and train another medicine cat to take the place of the one she killed? Who would accept such an offer?"

Frustrated, Perchstar shook her head again. This was going nowhere. She had tried her best, but all three were too blinded by past experiences to see this without bias. "The trust you obviously have in Beechfang is founded on nothing but emotion. With all your many words, you have given me no reason to believe any of these arguments are from a place of good faith or reason." There was no point in dragging it out any longer. It seemed that the looming cloud of dread had only grown larger since discovering Cloverheart's body... but she had never imagined that any leader could be so incomprehensibly egotistical. Voice calm and quiet, despite the inner turmoil, she spoke once more. "It seems that discussion will get us nowhere. I am disappointed that it would come to this. I would urge you to reconsider these choices, but as you have seemingly not heard a word I said, I doubt that you would listen now. I will not share the forest with a Clan that allows murderers not only free reign as warriors, but control of the Clan itself. I regret what will follow... but know that each drop of blood is only upon your own heads."

StarClan, strengthen me. I know what has to be done. With one last look at each of the three cats who had decided the life of one murderer was worth more than their entire Clan, Perchstar turned and nodded to her warriors. It was time to go. They would talk once they were out of enemy territory. With a flick of her tail, she headed towards the camp entrance. Dread intermingled with terror in the pit of her stomach. How long had SkyClan been so corrupt? How much longer could they be suffered to wreak havoc on the forest for their own gain? Discussion had failed, despite her best efforts. Now... she did not look forward to what had to happen next. As she began exiting camp, she kept an eye out for any attacks. Bloodstar, Briarthorn and Beechfang were not trustworthy.

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3552

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 11:07

Stars above.

It had taken every OUNCE of Owlshriek's will and strength to stop himself from butting into the conversation. To say that Cloverheart deserved to be murdered after harsh words? To say that damage done by StarClan was her own fault? The tom would have loved to tear into all three cats, a small price to pay for justice. But, a promise was made, and Owlshriek hated breaking promises. Especially ones to Perchstar. Ears flat against his head, he listened silently. Well, near silently, a few growls escaped him at a few points. But, thankfully, he managed to keep his big mouth shut. It was probably for the best too. Perchstar had a penchant for stating how she felt eloquently and covered his feelings quite well.

It was likely to that, that Owlshriek managed to restrain himself. The tom had only truly interacted with SkyClan at the gathering. But, what he learned now-- they were run by killers, and cats who couldn't care less about others.

With a sharp yellow-eyed glare towards the other cats, eerily reminiscent of Jaystar, Owlshriek stepped away after Perchstar.

These were the kind of cats he hated the most.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 11:46

Trufflepaw was sitting with her family when the RiverClanners decided to enter camp. Calling for her mother. One of the few cats she would give her life for in an instant. Her father. Fogpaw. Wolfpaw. Birdpaw... All of her siblings. Her eyes narrowed from the outskirts as the conversation began. Slowly, in the back, she circled to be closer to her mother. To listen better. With every word her ears flattened more, and her fur bristled. Beechfang had another daughter? It hurt that her Mother wouldn't tell her such a thing, but perhaps there was good reason. Everything Beechfang did had a reason, clearly, and that Cloverheart was a threat to Beechfang and even her unborn self. Rage was flowing through her blood, like the rumbling of thunder in the distance, growing louder until the lightening struck. She wished nothing more than to tear out Perchstar's throat, but she waited. Carefully, she waited. Not for the "Warrior Code", not for peace, but for her Mother's benefit and solely for that reason. Sure, she was only an apprentice, but she was large now. Strong.

And watching. And waiting.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2250

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 13:10

The more this conversation went on, the more it legitimately scared Aether. He didn't want a war. Especially not now. Not fighting for cats he didn't even like. They killed a medicine cat, as far as he was concerned they deserved every ounce of punishment they were going to get.

And then they brought up his father. It took a lot of strength not to lash out right there and then. He had to bite his tongue, and even then he almost blurted out a few choice words. Of course, that would get him killed by Bloodstar. Odd, Perchstar was right. This Clan really was full of murderers. After all this time, he was still following his father around.

He wanted to see no more. He turned away, walking back to his nest. Hopefully no cat saw. But he was not about to get involved in this.

never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Lilystorm

Lilystorm

Characters : (D)Dandelionflight, (Dp)Dappledlight, (T)Torrentpaw (Dz)Drizzlepaw | Dead: (C)Cherrycloud
Clan/Rank : (D)SkyClan Warrior (C)ThunderClan Warrior (Dp)ShadowClan Warrior (T)RiverClan Apprentice (Dz)SkyClan Apprentice
Aries Buffalo
Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 14:21

Dandelionflight watched on nervously. She was rarely nervous, but this was one of those times. From the way the supposed to be diplomatic meeting was escalating, it seemed that a battle was lurking. She didn't particularly like battles, especially those that could have been easily solved. Even if she was averse to battles, Dandelionflight couldn't abandon her clan. She would fight. Her neck fur raised at the thought of it, but she tried her best to smooth it down. Her tail flicked back and forth as she waited to see what would happen.

Dandelionflight | SkyClan | T5 Warrior | 70/160 | #ffcc00
Dappledlight | ShadowClan | T3 Warrior | 50/120 | #99cc00
Torrentpaw | RiverClan | Apprentice | 20/60 | #3d4273
Drizzlepaw | SkyClan | Apprentice | 20/60 | #d5a7f4
Character Profiles | Plotting Pages | EST
Amazing siggie by Arcana!

Other Siggies:

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]   never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

never been so loud [RC/SkC Conversation; Open]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: