Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1864

The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] Empty
PostSubject: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 19:19

After days in the medicine den, Whisperpaw was finally released back to duties. Coyotegrin had visited them every day since the battle where their voice was lost. If anything, they were her best moments of peace. A granted gift to herself to stop for a few seconds. It was required, anyway. As her mentor and self-proclaimed adopted parental figure. They now walk next to each other, and soon, they made it to a nice ridge. This ridge happened to be her favorite for this time of day, as the sun was settling in for a night's sleep. Its descent had just started, leaving the sky streaked with bands of orange and pink. Springtime clouds slowly crawled across the sky, taking on a very pale pink hue. On the grassy ridge, Coyotegrin settled in. "I thought we could sit and watch the sunset for a few moments, Whisperpaw. Now that the stars are back to guide us, it'll be a nice stroll before a meal and heading to our nests." Her paws pricked a blade beneath her claw, and she pulled it up to inspect it. For the last few days, Coyotegrin has been focusing on the next phase of her plan: figuring everything out about all of her clanmates. Through whispers of conversations passed, she heard that Whisperpaw had ventured into the tunnels. The calico warrior refused to leave this unchallenged and would absolutely not stand for this. However, she knew straight up yelling at the apprentice was undeserved and would only frighten them off her. Instead, Coyotegrin would open up about the trauma of losing her sister, Daisypaw, for the first time.

She almost lost Whisperpaw once, she refused to let it happen again.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

PostSubject: Re: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 10:15

Whisperpaw

Even though they hadn’t walked terribly far, Whisperpaw’s legs were already aching and they were growing tired. They welcomed Coyotegrin’s invitation to sit, and they did as such. Settling down, they looked at the setting sun and allowed their body to relax the weight off of their shoulders. It was nice to be out of the medicine den and be out and about. Everything had settled a bit easier since the Gathering, and it seemed like things were more or less normal.

I haven’t just sat and talked with you before,Whisperpaw mewed in a soft voice. Coyotegrin was always busy helping the clan, and while they still went out and trained before the Gathering, it was rare that they just relaxed together. It was really nice to do so now.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 13:40

Coyotegrin broke her concentration on the sunset to look at Whisperpaw when their quiet voice spoke. It wracked her gut with guilt they were injured in that battle so badly- she should have protected them. She hesitated for a few seconds before speaking in a quiet tone to kind of... ease the moment. "I apologize for that. With Goldenstar having died, I wanted to step in and help Shrikestorm with the clan. It's hard to stop working when the clan needs help." Coyotegrin plucked a blade of grass with her claw and started tearing it on the ground in nervousness. As much as she liked to keep the charismatic mask on her face at all times, in reality her emotions were constantly tugging her each way. She wanted to spend more time with Hawkheart and Whisperpaw, but when your emotions never stop running, its hard to stop your paws as well. She was scared if she stopped her paws, the words would run. In reality, what real trauma did she have that other cats didn't? Everyone had lost loved ones, especially recently. Was she really just weak?

"Whisperpaw, did anyone ever tell you what happened to my sister, Daisypaw?" The calico warrior approached the topic casually and carefully. Coyotegrin didn't want to startle the apprentice or seem like she was angry or controlling. But she just couldn't let it go, the nagging worry she felt ever since she heard of Whisperpaw's adventure to the tunnels with Lavenderdrop. She sincerely wanted to lay one into Lavenderdrop for taking the kit she viewed as her child to such dangerous areas, but, it wouldn't be effective. They had zero connection and it would turn into a whole ordeal and look bad on her.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 23:57

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw did not mind that Coyotegrin was busy a lot of time because they needed Coyotegrin to pay more attention to them. They thought it was quite admirable that Coyotegrin would take the time to help out their deputy during such a stressful time. Their concern, rather, stemmed from Coyotegrin spreading herself too thin. They didn’t want her to burn out or put herself under too much stress because of all of this that she was dealing with and helping to take care of. They’d never seen her really just sit down and take time for herself. They hoped that could change soon.

The mention of Daisypaw surprised them and they looked to their mentor more seriously. Whisperpaw had never met Daisypaw and only knew about them in passing. Any mention of what had happened to her…well, Whisperpaw simply didn’t know. They assumed she had passed at one point but…Whisperpaw shook their head in response to Coyotegrin and focused on her for whatever she was about to tell them.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] EmptySun 22 May 2022 - 13:08

Coyotegrin took a deep breath of green leaf air and let it out slowly. "Daisypaw was my sister, we weren't close because I was so busy training. But we were reconnecting on the tail end of our apprenticeship. We took a walk, and stumbled across a tunnel. We wanted to explore it." The warrior paused, recollecting the memory into sensible form. "Well, I did. I was proud of WindClan heritage. She was hesitant. All of the sudden, the tunnel started rumbling. I was faster than her. And, Whisperpaw?" Her pelt physically grimaced at the clear as day memory of her sister's last moment. It was her first taste of death, and she had shoved it deep inside to forget it. It was a painful memory. As she spoke her final words, she turned her head away to face the sun.

"She almost made it out. When I turned around from escaping, I watched her body be crushed in the entrance. The weight killed her within seconds. I was trying to dig her out but it was too late." Coyotegrin has mulled over the chain of actions committed that day many times. Was it her fault? She was kicking the support beams. She could have pushed Daisypaw forward? No cat held her liable, but she never mentioned her nudging the support beam. She didn't consider herself a murderer for it, and StarClan hasn't punished her for it. But the guilt still remained. She turned back to Whisperpaw.

"I heard you have gone in the tunnels with Lavenderdrop. I am telling you, well, asking you, as your mentor not to go down there. They are dangerous, and have not been up-kept in many leaders. I couldn't bare losing you how we lost Daisypaw. Will you promise not to go down there again? Please?" Her green eyes were wide and pleading. Begging. When she looked at them, her memory replaced Daisypaw's form with Whisperpaw's.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] EmptyMon 23 May 2022 - 10:19

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw’s ears lowered, as Coyotegrin explained her tale. They looked down to their paws, shuffling over the grass little bit. They wait until Coyotegrin is done, patiently listening to all of her explanation. When she is finished, Whisperpaw took a slow breath. “I…I enjoyed being down there. Lavenderdrop loves the tunnels too.”

They looked up at Coyotegrin. “I’m so sorry about Daisypaw. But the tunnels are still part of WindClan’s culture. Can we really just pretend they don’t exist, just forget about then entirely? I can’t go on long patrols and hunting is hard for me. I don’t like being kept in camp all of the time. The tunnels, where there’s no chance of being spotted and where it’s quiet, is easy for me.” Their head lowered again. “Do I…really have to promise?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 18:57

Coyotegrin sighed and mulled over what Whisperpaw was saying. Was it really fair of her to ban them from the tunnels if that is where they thrived? She kneaded her paws into the grass, thinking. She was truly torn. Finally, she rolled around to her decision. "Can you promise, for now? When things get settled with Goldenstar, I will speak with Shrikestorm about them. Maybe we can get things situated down there, and figure out how to make them safe. Do we have a deal? Is that a fair compromise?" She turned to face Whisperpaw once more, her eyes pleading.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 20:05

Whisperpaw

That…was reasonable. Whisperpaw relaxed from their tense place waiting for Coyotegrin’s reply. They could understand why she was so worried about them going into the tunnels, but if she was going to speak with Shrikestorm and make things safer for both their sakes…then they could hold off. They mewed, Okay. For now I’ll stay away from the tunnels until you can speak with Shrikestorm. Whisperpaw shuffled a little closer and rested their head against Coyotegrin’s shoulder. I do appreciate you looking out for me…I know it’s hard for you. I appreciate you talking with Shrikestorm.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]   The Tunnels Are Trouble [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tunnels Are Trouble [c]
Page 1 of 1