Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] Empty
PostSubject: Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt]   Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 8:21

The wind rustled as Duskflight remained awake, unable to fall asleep. How the moon continued to shine, breezes softly caressing his fur with each wind passing by. It felt as if everything had stopped, even for a while. Things were silent. So silent, enough for his thoughts to become so strangely noticeable in the midst of everything.

He couldn't sleep.

How could he, when their leader was now officially gone? When his clanmates are hurt, and ones that have passed away would no longer be seen? His own daughter was gone. Yet, Leopardsun's words continued to echo out in his head despite everything. "Would it kill you.. to focus on the living?" Her words were true. Too true, in fact. If only I could've been more selfless, as I was before. Then I wouldn't have focused so much on my needs. He was so pure. So innocent and selfless — so why was he like this now? With his thoughts only growing more as time passed, Duskflight rose, his body heavy with guilt and confusion. And so, so silently, he slipped out of the warriors' den, careful to not have woken any of his clanmates up.

He needed to get his mind occupied on something else.

-----

The familiar territory showed itself in front of his eyes, paws easily guiding him to his designated spot. Taking in a deep breath, emerald-like eyes scanned for movement, his nostrils kept keenly aware, and ears sharp. Rustling from the grass alerted him, and Duskflight crouched, gently exhaling out. A rabbit.. how did it manage to survive here? Then again, he looked once more. If not for a longer gaze, he would've thought the shadows had disguised the creature. Its pelt was a pure black, so much that it reminded him of his own. Of course, he never knew much of catching other prey — but he'd try anyway. Leaping towards it with outstretched claws, Duskflight attempted to catch the creature. His leap was lifted too early, and the creature detected him, scattering away. With a sigh, he attempted to search for other prey.

Duskflight attempted to catch Rabbit for 3 SP. It was Unsuccessful!

Duskflight
60/60 HP
137/240 SP (-3)

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart

Last edited by Arcana on Wed 18 May 2022 - 8:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15117

PostSubject: Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt]   Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 8:21

The member 'Arcana' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] Mistpe10
Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt]   Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 8:25

This time, he decided to look for something more common. Something he'd always been used to ever since he was a kit — rodents. It was advantageous in their kind of territory, anyway. He caught the scent of one not too far by, and with hope, he tried again, leaping at the little rodent hiding underneath the protection of grass. This time, it got swiftly caught underneath his paws, and he gave a small thanks to StarClan before grabbing it between his jaws.

Duskflight attempted to catch Rodent for 3 SP. It was a Success!

Duskflight
60/60 HP
134/240 SP (-3)

After a while of further hunting, Duskflight found that he'd collected enough. Prey wasn't to be wasted, nor hunted for fun — it was too clearly listed in The Warriors' Code already. Grabbing his catches, Duskflight looked back... and his chest suddenly filled with nostalgia. This was where Deerleap, then still Deerpaw, had hunted with me before. The memory flashed back to him. Everything still felt so clear and memorable — from the harsh blankets of snow that Leaf-bare brought as they hunted, and how he stood out so evidently in the snow. Her light mockery of him, her smile, her sense of determination, it all came back. And once again, the tom found himself buried in the past. With grief came a sense of warmth, yet the emotions were so devastating he wanted to collapse down.

Why must you have left?

Had she still been here, things would've been much better. But now she belonged with the stars. No. I must learn to move on, as I've done so many other times before. With a shaky, breathless inhale, Duskflight gazed up at the night sky — now glittered with stars once again. It was strange, yet too familiar. He'd seen it so many times before, but why did it feel so special now?

And so, as he rose, he turned to glance behind him one last time, before grabbing his catch, and returning to camp. Dawn would be rising soon.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart

Last edited by Arcana on Thu 19 May 2022 - 6:08; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15117

PostSubject: Re: Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt]   Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 8:25

The member 'Arcana' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] Mistpe10
Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt]   Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt] Empty

Back to top Go down

Alone, Me, My Thoughts and I [solo hunt]
Page 1 of 1