Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A check-in [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptySun 15 May 2022 - 10:48

Honeypaw sat outside the apprentices den, staring up at the stars. He couldn’t sleep, and woke up with nightmares. He’s been trying to keep to himself. He didn’t even participate in the battle, not really, and it’s not like he lost anyone super close to him. Everyone else who actually fought and lost their family members or friends are going through a lot more than him. He didn’t want to appear selfish or bother anyone. And he has no idea how to help the grieving either, so… He’s just been trying to stay out of everyone’s way.

He mindlessly follows any orders the warriors give him and when he has no orders or nothing to do, he wanders around camp helping with repairs or other simple, helpful tasks. He’s been unnaturally silent and withdrawn. And on a quiet morning like this, with nothing to occupy his paws, he’s lost in thought, trying to understand Starclan just by staring up at silverpelt.

Even when the rest of camp starts to stir and move around him, Honeypaw stays still, unable to even care when his stomach starts growling.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2967

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptySun 15 May 2022 - 11:25

Iceheart

Iceheart’s worry for Honeypaw had grown over the past couple of days since the Gathering that drove out the Dark Forest. His bombastic energy was gone, his happy excitement diminished. He wandered around with that same empty look that she did when she was his age, and her heart ate away with anxiety at the thought that he would turn out like she did when he became a warrior. She didn’t want that for him. Iceheart wanted to avoid that fate for Honeypaw.

She approached where he sat, a couple of frogs in her jaws. She set them down, scooting one toward him while she sat with him. “Frogs are slimy, but they’re tasty once you get past the outside,” she informed him quietly. Iceheart didn’t start eating yet; she wanted to make sure he began first. “How are you feeling? I know a lot happened at the Gathering.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptySun 15 May 2022 - 11:32

Honeypaw blinked a couple times before dragging his eyes away from the stars that are rapidly disappearing in the morning light, and down at the frog in front of him. The smell of food did finally wake up his appetite, so he leaned forward and took a bite, chewing slowly.

He looked up at his mentor and swallowed. After a moment, he said, “I’m fine.” He didn’t want to worry her, or be a bother to Iceheart. She has enough on her plate already without having to deal with her apprentice overreacting. “How are you?” She went through a lot at the gathering.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptySun 15 May 2022 - 13:29

Iceheart

Iceheart studied Honeypaw for a moment. She knew he wasn’t fine. She knew that he was only saying that because he didn’t want to worry anyone. Iceheart had felt the same way. Even though she understood, she didn’t want him to follow down that path as well. Honeypaw was such an open and cheerful soul. She didn’t want him turning into what she had. But how could she get him to actually speak about what was on his mind? To say that she was also fine felt like a farce. Iceheart didn’t want to burden Honeypaw with her own pain, but perhaps showing that even a warrior could be affected by all of this would encourage Honeypaw to open up as well.

“I…am struggling,” she admitted quietly. It was a pain to admit it, especially to her own apprentice—but it was to help him. “The Dark Forest caused a lot of chaos and destruction when they first arrived. I was your age when they came. They took over and changed so many things, and kept us from doing things that we had done for years. To have all of that change reversed now, is dizzying.”

She took a shaky breath. “And Deerleap and Sootwhisker…I hadn’t known Sootwhisker that well. We hardly spoke. But Deerleap had been a friend to me since I was a kit. I…am deeply pained at her passing. It was necessary for StarClan to take form on earth and assist us in the fighting, but I still hate to see her gone.”

Iceheart bit her tongue before she said more. She could already feel a dam beginning to open, but she swallowed her words and feelings down. Honeypaw was her apprentice, and even speaking this much felt incorrect to her. She reminded herself of Thalia opening up to her, and how honored Iceheart had felt at being granted that openness. Hopefully Honeypaw would feel the same.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 20:05

Honeypaw was surprised, to say the least. He was used to Iceheart being stoic and distant. This change, while certainly not unwelcome, shocked him. And his heart ached for his mentor, and all that she’d gone through. He hesitated, then shifted and pressed himself against her, letting his warmth seep into her.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Honeypaw said softly, licking Iceheart’s shoulder. He looked up at her. “The change is a lot,” He agreed. “I don’t remember a time with Starclan or before the… the Dark Forest cats were here. Some…some of them I thought were my friends, and now I’m wondering if that was true.” He sighs softly, then he looked up at her. “It was all really sudden and scary. But I hope that the change helps you. And that having the Dark Forest cats gone makes things easier."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 20:30

Iceheart

Iceheart relaxed, feeling Honeypaw’s warm fur against hers. “Honeypaw…do you know what the Dark Forest truly is? Why they were sent there?” She looked to him. “I know I didn’t explain very well what StarClan was when we went out to the territories. I was afraid to tell you, because the Dark Forest cats hated StarClan. But I can tell you about StarClan and the Dark Forest now, so you can understand.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptyThu 19 May 2022 - 0:43

Honeypaw’s entire body slumped against his mentor’s when the answers to so many questions were being offered. “No, not really.” He said, taking a shaky breath. “I don’t understand what they are or what they wanted or… anything.” He shook his head and lightly nuzzled into her fur. “Please. I really want to understand.”
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptyThu 19 May 2022 - 12:10

Iceheart

Iceheart took a slow breath and nodded. She looked up at the sky, though it was still daytime, so there were no stars out. She was silent for a long beat as doubt made her question if she should really tell Honeypaw all of this. She didn’t want to upset him. As he’d said, he’d made friends with some of the Dark Forest cats, as horrifying as the thought was. Iceheart didn’t want to tell him that his friends had manipulated him and didn’t actually care for him. Still, he had a right to know, and it was important that he understood what StarClan was really about. They didn’t need another generation of cats who doubted StarClans’ intentions—they didn’t need another Morningstar.

“StarClan…are our ancestors,” Iceheart began in a soft voice. “And…as are the Dark Forest.” She sighed to herself. “When a cat dies, they do not cease to exist, like mice or lizards. Their spirit is carried away and their deeds in their life are judged to decide where they go. StarClan is where our greatest, best ancestors go; the warriors who did great deeds, who defended their clan, and who proved their worth to StarClan. So many generations of cats live up in the Silverpelt, where StarClan resides. You saw some of those starry cats touch down during the Gathering.” Her expression darkened a bit. “Such as Redwing or…Murkystar. StarClan wants what is best for the clans.”

Iceheart paused and took a couple deep breaths before she continued. “The Dark Forest, on the other hand, are fore awful cats that broke the code or otherwise put their clan into danger. It’s typically full of code-breakers, murderers, liars who caused great destruction to their clan…”

She shuddered and shook her head. Stagshade’s words echoed in her mind. I'm proud of you, Iceheart. You've become the savage I always hoped for you. No. No. She was not like that. She was nothing like the Dark Forest.

Turning her attention back to Honeypaw, she meowed, “Those cats who you befriended, Honeypaw…they weren’t good cats. They had been sent to the Dark Forest for one reason or another. You had not been born during a time before the Dark Forest’s arrival, but I was. They arrived at my first Gathering, led by Morningstar, who thank the stars you never had to meet. He was a cruel creature who had raised the dead and trapped StarClan behind a wall of darkness. At the Gathering, they had demanded they take over the clans, and when some cats refused, they were killed. Without a thought.” Her heart lurched remembering Ratrunner, who had only been trying to defend someone he loved, and how he’d been killed in an instant. Or Loudnose, who was killed only to set an example. They had done nothing wrong, and yet met the end of savage claws.

Finally, Iceheart looked at Honeypaw fully. “This is a lot, I’m sure. I hate that I have to tell it to you at all. But you must know that the cats here, the ones who are really a part of your clan, are the ones you should trust and love. Those creatures were only using you so they could rebuild the clans in their image, as cruel and horrific as it is. I don’t want that for you, Honeypaw. You have a wonderful light inside of you that I don’t want to see get extinguished.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptyThu 19 May 2022 - 17:07

Honeypaw listened to Iceheart’s explanation silently, staring down at his own paws as he absorbed all that she had to tell him. The horror and shock that he felt as he processed Iceheart’s words left his stomach churning and his mouth tasting of bile. He swallowed hard, digging his claws into the ground just to steady himself to the here and now.

He wondered about Fawnpatch. Did she actually care about him? Was she just using him for… something? Perhaps it was on him for trusting her so quickly. She saved him though. She called out to him when she died. If all she wanted was the destruction of the clans, why didn’t she just let him drown? His feelings towards Fawnpatch were more confused than ever, and it didn’t even matter. Because she was dead. No, more than dead. Gone. Nothing even left of her body.

Honeypaw swallowed hard, dragging himself back to Iceheart as she finished speaking. He made a soft sound of acknowledgement in the back of his throat and he leaned forward, pressing himself against Iceheart once more. “Thank you for telling me.” He said hoarsely.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 10:03

Iceheart

Iceheart looked to Honeypaw and her chest ached. She could see plainly that he didn’t feel any better after her explanation. She didn’t exactly expect him to, but she had hoped that there would at least be some peace for him, by knowing this. On the contrary, he just looked more horrified before pressing against her. She looked down at her paws. Perhaps she had been too honest with Honeypaw. She’d hated not understanding enough when she was his age, but it was possible that he was just too unlike her. She couldn’t seem to manage being a good mentor.

She lifted her head and mewed, “Be sure to finish eating, Honeypaw. I can…I can sit here with you, if you would like.” She looked around the camp. So many cats were struggling, following the finale and Murkystar’s death. Everyone was taking a break in one way or another. She added, “We don’t have to go out today. You can just rest.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

A check-in [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A check-in [c]   A check-in [c] EmptyMon 23 May 2022 - 19:36

Honeypaw looked up at her again and he smiled. “I’d really like that.” He meowed softly. He felt safer around Iceheart. More at ease. He was grateful that she’s here with him, and that she was willing to stick around him while he finished… processing. He didn’t want to be alone.

He leaned down and took another big bite of his frog. He didn’t have much of an appetite, but he didn’t want to worry Iceheart. He wanted to make her happy.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP