Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

above and beyond

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyThu 24 Mar 2022 - 15:31

Leopardpaw scanned the camp for a warrior to accompany her into the territory, her gaze finally settling on Swiftheart. Of course, there was no guarantee that the warrior would actually want to go hunting with her, but she was determined to go above and beyond to provide for her clanmates and she couldn't exactly walk out of camp on her own. As much as she wished she could at times like this.

She bounded over to the warrior in question, since there was really only one way to find out. "Hey, Swiftheart! I was just gonna go hunting, but... Well, I can't really go by myself. So, do you wanna tag along? It could be fun!"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 15:09

OOC: wow sorry I took so long to post in this :( you can always dm me if I take this long in future, I just totally forgot that is my bad.

IC:

Swiftheart was daydreaming a bit and in her usual very good and happy mood when pawsteps sounded nearby and Leopardpaw asked about a hunting patrol. That sounded like a lot of fun to her! The energetic positive she cat got to her paws nodding with a friendly smile, she loved hanging out with her clanmates and her extraverted talkativer personality loved getting to meet new cats so this was excellent!!!

"I would love to join you! and thank you for asking me. It is a good idea to bring others with you when hunting in case we run into anything unexpected."

she gave her a playful grin
"But with the two of us im sure there is nothing we cant handle!" she said confidnelty as she walked next to the apprentice out into the marsh territory of shadowclan to go look for some food!

She sniffed around, there was defenetly things around but she wanted to see Leopardpaw go for it and have a chance to go and catch something. "smell anything?" she prompted gently.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 16:10

Leopardpaw eagerly took the lead, pausing only when Swiftheart addressed her. "I can smell..." she paused, trying to focus on the space around them. This should be a good place for hunting, so she just had to find a target before she could prove her skills. "That's a frog!" she exclaimed, her voice louder than it probably should have been. "A frog," she said more quietly as she fell into a hunter's crouch. Her unsuspecting prey was perfectly still, apart from the bobbing of its throat. Still whispering, she pounced. "And I'm going to catch it!"

It might have been talent, or practice, or quite probably just dumb luck, but Leopardpaw caught the frog in her paws with ease and quickly delivered a bite to what she hoped was its throat. It fell more still than it had been, anyway, so she must have guessed right. "Gotcha!"

She rose to her full height with her prize in her jaws, excitedly turning back to Swiftheart. When she realized her attempts to speak around it were coming out kind of garbled, though, she dropped it back to her paws. "Do you smell anything?"

Last edited by Holly on Mon 28 Mar 2022 - 16:15; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15019

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 16:10

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

above and beyond Mistpe10
above and beyond Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 17:32

Swiftheart watched silently as Leopardpaw stalked toward and caught the frog.  Once she had it secured she purred loudly and nodded with a wide proud grin for Leopardpaw. "Excellent catch!" she meowed positiivly and happily.  "That was very well done, You are a natural at this" she encouraged.

Swiftheat paused at her question hmm she sniffed the air and sure enough it smelled of a lizard nearby! The Newleaf season had finally arrived and new prey was finally out and about as opposed to hiding away for the harsh winter.

She flicked her tail at it and quickly stalked toward it in the low hunters position.  She leapt at it and managed to catch it between her paws trapping it. She quickly nipped its neck and held up the prize grinning around it. hmm lizards were never her favorite food but others in the clan really fancied them so she it was sure to disappear from the fresh kill pile.

"we are quite the team!" she meowed happily

Last edited by speedy on Tue 29 Mar 2022 - 17:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 17:32

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

above and beyond Sig2
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 17:36

(OOC: Feel free to just let me know if you want to either end the topic, keep going, or do a predator fight!)

"Thank you!" Leopardpaw purred at the warrior's praise. She watched with wide eyes as Swiftheart managed to catch the lizard. "Whoa! You're right, we definitely make a great team!"

So far, they'd each caught one thing between them - not bad, really - but that wasn't enough for Leopardpaw. She wanted to go above and beyond in providing for the clan she called her home, so she kept looking for a new target. Her chance came in the form of a particularly plump mouse not far away, but which hadn't yet noticed their presence. "Just you wait," she whispered, feeling only a little bit silly when she realized it couldn't hear her, and almost certainly wouldn't understand if it had.

She pounced, easily pinning it down with one paw before delivering a quick bite to its neck. "Caught you!"

Leopardpaw caught a Rodent, costing 3 SP!
Remaining SP: 54/60

Last edited by Holly on Thu 31 Mar 2022 - 17:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 17:36

'Hunting Dice' : 7

above and beyond Sig2
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 22:24

(OOC: ok :)  I am happy to keep going .  We can also do a predator fight if you need the req for that. I will let you decide)

Swiftheart watched quietly again as Leopardpaw stalked towards a mouse nearby and she caught that as well adding to their score.  "Excellent!" the positive happy warrior purred again praising her.

Swiftheart was so happy to see the progress the apprentices were making and was sure that in no time Leopardpaw would make a great warrior as well.

"I will be sure to tell Frostgaze of your awesome hunting skills!" she added on encouraging the younger cat best she could.

A breeze of wind brought the fresh scent of a rabbit to her nose... Rabbits were not common in their land but she liked them alot so whenever there was a chance to get one she usually went after it.  Dropping to a low stealthy crouch she went towards the smell until she spotted it.  Creeping closer and closer she approached wanting to get as close as possible to suprise leap at it.

Unfortunatly, the wind changed at the last second and now she was given away from this as the rabbit caught her scent and darted very quickly away. She gave chase but the rabbit simply was too fast and had too much of a head start. as it got away

Roll failed - 6 sp because I forogt to subtract the sp from my first roll

114/120 sp

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Thu 31 Mar 2022 - 22:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 22:24

'Hunting Dice' : 9

above and beyond Sig2
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 16:07

"I'm just doing my best!" Basking in the praise for just a moment, Leopardpaw's ears perked up at the mention of her mentor. "You will?" she asked, wide-eyed. She must have made a good impression so far, then.

Any further questions she might have wanted to ask were pushed aside in her mind as she caught sight of something rarely spotted on ShadowClan land - rabbits weren't exactly common in the marsh, but there was one now: it was larger than she would have expected, with long ears and snow-white fur marked with patches of brown. She tried to recall what little she knew of them. Rabbits were fast, and skittish, and because of that they were usually thought of as WindClan prey. She didn't think she was all that fast, so how best to approach...

She stalked quietly toward it, keeping a distance and trying to make sure it didn't spot her all while keeping it in her line of sight. She tripped over a twig as she made her approach, however, and - realizing there was a threat nearby - the rabbit turned tail and ran; leaving Leopardpaw to stare as it vanished into the distance. Her ears flattened in defeat. "That would've been such a good catch..."

Leopardpaw failed to catch a Rabbit, costing 3 SP!
Remaining SP: 51/60

Last edited by Holly on Fri 1 Apr 2022 - 16:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 16:07

'Hunting Dice' : 7

above and beyond Sig2
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 7:11

Swiftheart purred with a nod "Your best is what we can ask of you" she said reassuring her. The happy, positive warrior watched as the apprentice also tried to get a rabbit unfortunatly it looks like they would both miss out on the Windclan delicacy, oh well that was okay.

She shrugged with a grin "How windclan manages I will never understand" she said in a joking giggle. "Rabbits are pretty fast... but I think they taste really good"

With a rustling of leaves nearby she turned her head and spotted a squirle hmm those were pretty good too but also hard to catch.  She snuck low to the ground and went closer to it trying to suprise it best she could.

Leaping she caught it just before it could make an escape up a tree. She held it down with her claws and quickly killed it putting it out of any misery. She grinned around her prize she held in her jaws.

"Oh I love Newleaf!" she said happily. It was such a nice change from the harsh season that had plauged the land from months past... The only thing that could make this better is if those dark forest cats would go away... so far they had not really directly bothered swiftheart but they still were annoying to have around and a constant reminder of how they had not been able ot be in touch with star clan. She thought of her sister Basilbloom the medicine cat. She hoped she was doing okay with all this.

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Sat 2 Apr 2022 - 7:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 7:11

'Hunting Dice' : 4

above and beyond Sig2
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond EmptyMon 4 Apr 2022 - 14:43

"Is this your favorite season?" Leopardpaw asked, curious. "Or is it a different one?" She'd only known the ice and snow of leaf-bare, and now the leaves and budding flowers that signaled newleaf's arrival - she'd heard that greenleaf was somehow even greener, which felt impossible when the world was so full of it now, and that in leaf-fall the leaves fell from the very trees they grew on.

Even as she voiced her question, she was searching for another potential catch. Scenting the air, she found something interesting, and following the scent with her nose and her eyes revealed a small greenish thing with a long tail - lizard. She repositioned herself carefully, and then pounced. Outstretched claws pinned her target in place, and a swift bite ensured that she had caught it with ease.

Leopardpaw caught a Lizard, costing 3 SP!
Remaining SP: 48/60

Last edited by Holly on Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 14:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

above and beyond Empty
PostSubject: Re: above and beyond   above and beyond Empty

Back to top Go down

above and beyond
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory :: The Pine Grove-
Jump to: